|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Reunited, what do Gabrielle, Louis, and Lestat try to figure out?
2. What surprise package awaits Lestat in Cairo?
3. At Marius' house, how are the two vampires dressed?
4. What happens in Istanbul and Greece?
5. What do the vampires call the process of making another vampire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gabrielle stick around after Lestat receives the Stradivarius in Cairo?
2. How does the old vampire's prediction come true for Marius?
3. What is so frightening to Lestat about Those Who Must Be Kept?
4. What nearly disastrous thing does Lestat do in New Orleans?
5. After Armand pays Lestat a visit, what does Lestat decide to do in 1929?
6. How does Marius at first react to the story of the creation of the vampires?
7. How does Gabrielle behave from the very beginning of the journey she goes on with Lestat?
8. When does Marius receive the most information about what happened to the old vampire in the tree?
9. Why does Marius receive no information about the calamity that befell the old god of the Druids?
10. As the vampires threatening Lestat begin to burst into flames, how is the question of what caused that resolved?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on The Treasures of Marius. In your essay list the main rooms of Marius' mountainside palace and discuss the aesthetic quality of the art, music, plants, and animals. Identify the things you like best and give your reasons for those preferences.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on Good Versus Evil in The Vampire Lestat. Include in your essay how the lines blur somewhat with
Lestat's concern for mortals. Discuss the different ways becoming a vampire affects different people: (1) Gabrielle embraces her new existence; (2) Nicki goes completely insane; (3) Claudia becomes murderous.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on the romance of vampire legend. In your essay use the points of (1) fatal attraction, (2) the desire for super powers, and (3) the usually rich and opulent surroundings of vampires.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)