Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Using mental telepathy, what does the female give to Lestat?
2. What do the vampires call the process of making another vampire?
3. What property does Lestat own in New Orleans?
4. What is Nicki's condition that causes everyone to keep a close eye on him?
5. What is Lestat planning to do in San Francisco?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on why you think religious icons no longer deter vampires in modern vampire lore. Points should include (1) how early vampire stories were conceived during a time when the church was very strong; and (2) the way religion has changed in the 20th and 21st centuries.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on the romance of vampire legend. In your essay use the points of (1) fatal attraction, (2) the desire for super powers, and (3) the usually rich and opulent surroundings of vampires.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on New Orleans as an Ideal Setting for vampire mythology. Points in the essay should include (1) the European flavor of the city, (2) the reputation of the city for sinfulness during Mardi Gras, and (3) the mysterious nature of the countryside.
This section contains 1,293 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)