|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the images in Lestat's next warning?
2. What does the burnt creature tell Marius?
3. What is the message Marius gets about the Mother and Father?
4. Where is Lestat's father who is begging him to come to him?
5. Where does Marius take Lestat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it clear that Marius went looking for Lestat on purpose?
2. How does the old vampire's prediction come true for Marius?
3. What nearly disastrous thing does Lestat do in New Orleans?
4. As the vampires threatening Lestat begin to burst into flames, how is the question of what caused that resolved?
5. How does Marius let Lestat know that he has nothing to fear while he is a guest in his house?
6. What admission does Marius make to Lestat?
7. When does Marius receive the most information about what happened to the old vampire in the tree?
8. What is so frightening to Lestat about Those Who Must Be Kept?
9. Where does Marius begin the story of his life as he relates it to Lestat?
10. Predictably, after being warned by Marius not to return to the chapel where the Mother and Father are kept, what does Lestat do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages as a Critique of THE VAMPIRE LESTAT. Discuss such things as style, vocabulary, historical references, and readability as they relate to the novel. End with a recommendation for others to read the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on The Treasures of Marius. In your essay list the main rooms of Marius' mountainside palace and discuss the aesthetic quality of the art, music, plants, and animals. Identify the things you like best and give your reasons for those preferences.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on The Obsession of Man with Immortality. The essay should focus on the search for the Fountain of Youth that has evolved into cosmetic surgery in the ages-old attempt to live forever. Use examples from The Vampire Lestat to show that immortality is not the happy condition humans imagine it to be.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)