|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What property does Lestat own in New Orleans?
2. How does Lestat taunt real vampires during the show?
3. When Marius leaves his house, what restriction does he place on Lestat?
4. Why does Marius tell Lestat he must leave him?
5. In the dream, which brother celebrates Lestat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marius receive no information about the calamity that befell the old god of the Druids?
2. Where does Marius begin the story of his life as he relates it to Lestat?
3. How does the old vampire's prediction come true for Marius?
4. How does Gabrielle behave from the very beginning of the journey she goes on with Lestat?
5. Where does Lestat go after leaving Marius and how does he like his new surroundings?
6. What happens to Lestat after Marius saves him from being destroyed by Enkil?
7. How is it clear that Marius went looking for Lestat on purpose?
8. What help does Marius receive in becoming the guardian of Those Who Must Be Kept?
9. Having returned in 1984, what is Lestat about to do that has other vampires up in arms?
10. Why does Gabrielle stick around after Lestat receives the Stradivarius in Cairo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on The Vulnerability of Vampires. Discuss in your essay (1) the threat of humans who hunt down vampires, (2) the threat of other vampires, and (3) the threat of long exposure to the sun or being consumed by fire.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on Intimations of Homo-eroticism in The Vampire Lestat. Examples should include (1) the relationship of Lestat and Nicolas before they became vampires, (2) the relationship between Lestat and Louis, and (3) Lestat's desire to stay with Marius before he is sent away.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages as a Critique of THE VAMPIRE LESTAT. Discuss such things as style, vocabulary, historical references, and readability as they relate to the novel. End with a recommendation for others to read the novel.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)