|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lestat react to the city of New Orleans?
2. What does the burnt creature tell Marius?
3. Why does Lestat stay under the earth after hearing the beating sound?
4. Who does Marius encounter when he is forty years old?
5. What do the vampires call the process of making another vampire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the riots start at Lestat's San Francisco rock concert?
2. How does Gabrielle behave from the very beginning of the journey she goes on with Lestat?
3. What happens to Lestat after Marius saves him from being destroyed by Enkil?
4. How is it clear that Marius went looking for Lestat on purpose?
5. Why is Gabrielle's idea of freedom much different from Lestat's?
6. What nearly disastrous thing does Lestat do in New Orleans?
7. Predictably, after being warned by Marius not to return to the chapel where the Mother and Father are kept, what does Lestat do?
8. What special privilege is given Marius as he prepares to remove the ancient vampires?
9. Why does Marius receive no information about the calamity that befell the old god of the Druids?
10. Where does Marius begin the story of his life as he relates it to Lestat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on why you think religious icons no longer deter vampires in modern vampire lore. Points should include (1) how early vampire stories were conceived during a time when the church was very strong; and (2) the way religion has changed in the 20th and 21st centuries.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages as a Critique of THE VAMPIRE LESTAT. Discuss such things as style, vocabulary, historical references, and readability as they relate to the novel. End with a recommendation for others to read the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on The Vulnerability of Vampires. Discuss in your essay (1) the threat of humans who hunt down vampires, (2) the threat of other vampires, and (3) the threat of long exposure to the sun or being consumed by fire.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)