|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marius take Lestat?
2. Where does Lestat want to go that Marius has forbidden?
3. What does Lestat do when he returns from Paris to New Orleans?
4. When Marius leaves his house, what restriction does he place on Lestat?
5. Why does Lestat have to leave Marius house hurriedly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so frightening to Lestat about Those Who Must Be Kept?
2. How does Gabrielle behave from the very beginning of the journey she goes on with Lestat?
3. How do the riots start at Lestat's San Francisco rock concert?
4. what are the two major topics of interest to Lestat as he reads mail from Paris?
5. How does the old vampire's prediction come true for Marius?
6. Define the literary usage of the dream Lestat has.
7. When Lestat cannot locate Marius and Gabrielle takes off for deep Africa, how does the reader see Lestat's depression?
8. How is it clear that Marius went looking for Lestat on purpose?
9. How is Marius aided in the process of taking Those Who Must Be Kept out of Egypt?
10. After Armand pays Lestat a visit, what does Lestat decide to do in 1929?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on Good Versus Evil in The Vampire Lestat. Include in your essay how the lines blur somewhat with
Lestat's concern for mortals. Discuss the different ways becoming a vampire affects different people: (1) Gabrielle embraces her new existence; (2) Nicki goes completely insane; (3) Claudia becomes murderous.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages as a Critique of THE VAMPIRE LESTAT. Discuss such things as style, vocabulary, historical references, and readability as they relate to the novel. End with a recommendation for others to read the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on Symbolism of Darkness and Sunlight in vampire lore. Discuss the symbolism of darkness and night as being associated with things evil and frightening. Include the idea that vampires are limited by the dark hours of the day. Moving to the image of the sun, discuss how the sun is generally associated with good. Include how sunlight eliminates the fear of unseen threats.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)