|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marius make Lestat promise?
2. What does Gabrielle think about Marius?
3. Where is Lestat's father who is begging him to come to him?
4. Leaving the theater behind, what do Gabrielle and Lestat do?
5. How does Lestat react to Those Who Must Be Kept?
Short Essay Questions
1. What nearly disastrous thing does Lestat do in New Orleans?
2. Why does Marius receive no information about the calamity that befell the old god of the Druids?
3. How do the riots start at Lestat's San Francisco rock concert?
4. How does Marius let Lestat know that he has nothing to fear while he is a guest in his house?
5. In Alexandria, what does Marius learn about the beginnings of vampires and what happened to turn them all black and charred?
6. Why does Gabrielle stick around after Lestat receives the Stradivarius in Cairo?
7. Where does Marius begin the story of his life as he relates it to Lestat?
8. What help does Marius receive in becoming the guardian of Those Who Must Be Kept?
9. How does the old vampire's prediction come true for Marius?
10. What admission does Marius make to Lestat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on Myths About Vampires Challenged in The Vampire Lestat. Your essay should incorporate the points that (1) vampires can be frightened off with garlic and crosses; (2) that vampires cannot enter into holy places; and (3) that vampires cannot travel over water. Give examples from the book to prove your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on why you think religious icons no longer deter vampires in modern vampire lore. Points should include (1) how early vampire stories were conceived during a time when the church was very strong; and (2) the way religion has changed in the 20th and 21st centuries.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on Fictional Monsters. Describe in your essay (1) vampires, (2) werewolves, (3) living mummies, and (4) zombies. Explain why these characters capture the imaginations of so many people. Select the one you prefer and defend your choice.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)