|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lestat want to go that Marius has forbidden?
2. At Marius' house, how are the two vampires dressed?
3. Why is Lestat feeling strong after being pulled from the earth?
4. Seriously wounded, where does Lestat go to regain his strength?
5. What is Marius main goal about Those Who Must Be Kept?
Short Essay Questions
1. What nearly disastrous thing does Lestat do in New Orleans?
2. what are the two major topics of interest to Lestat as he reads mail from Paris?
3. Where does Lestat go after leaving Marius and how does he like his new surroundings?
4. What is so frightening to Lestat about Those Who Must Be Kept?
5. Why is Gabrielle's idea of freedom much different from Lestat's?
6. What special privilege is given Marius as he prepares to remove the ancient vampires?
7. What admission does Marius make to Lestat?
8. Define the literary usage of the dream Lestat has.
9. What occurs in Lestat as his body becomes emaciated from lack of drinking blood?
10. How do the riots start at Lestat's San Francisco rock concert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on The Evolution of the Vampire from Count Dracula to Lestat. Discuss how the image of the vampire has changed from the caped monster capable of transmogrifying into a bat to the urbane fiend capable of going unnoticed among mortals. You may want to speculate on future evolution based on the Twilight series that has become so popular in the 21st century.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on Fictional Monsters. Describe in your essay (1) vampires, (2) werewolves, (3) living mummies, and (4) zombies. Explain why these characters capture the imaginations of so many people. Select the one you prefer and defend your choice.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on the romance of vampire legend. In your essay use the points of (1) fatal attraction, (2) the desire for super powers, and (3) the usually rich and opulent surroundings of vampires.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)