|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After examining the house, what does Lestat do?
2. What is the Samhain?
3. What is Lestat planning to do in San Francisco?
4. What is the message Marius gets about the Mother and Father?
5. In the dream, which brother celebrates Lestat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gabrielle behave from the very beginning of the journey she goes on with Lestat?
2. As the vampires threatening Lestat begin to burst into flames, how is the question of what caused that resolved?
3. Why is Gabrielle's idea of freedom much different from Lestat's?
4. After Armand pays Lestat a visit, what does Lestat decide to do in 1929?
5. How does Marius let Lestat know that he has nothing to fear while he is a guest in his house?
6. What occurs in Lestat as his body becomes emaciated from lack of drinking blood?
7. What special privilege is given Marius as he prepares to remove the ancient vampires?
8. What is the symbolic meaning of the loud booming sound of the heart of Marius?
9. What admission does Marius make to Lestat?
10. Where does Marius begin the story of his life as he relates it to Lestat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on Why I Would (or Would Not) Like to be a Vampire. Be specific in your answers, giving at least three main points supporting what you would or would not like about being an immortal creature of the night.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on Symbolism of Darkness and Sunlight in vampire lore. Discuss the symbolism of darkness and night as being associated with things evil and frightening. Include the idea that vampires are limited by the dark hours of the day. Moving to the image of the sun, discuss how the sun is generally associated with good. Include how sunlight eliminates the fear of unseen threats.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on Myths About Vampires Challenged in The Vampire Lestat. Your essay should incorporate the points that (1) vampires can be frightened off with garlic and crosses; (2) that vampires cannot enter into holy places; and (3) that vampires cannot travel over water. Give examples from the book to prove your arguments.
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)