|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their journey away from Paris, what does Gabrielle often do?
2. What is Nicki's condition that causes everyone to keep a close eye on him?
3. How does Lestat taunt real vampires during the show?
4. Seriously wounded, where does Lestat go to regain his strength?
5. What does Marius make Lestat promise?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marius at first react to the story of the creation of the vampires?
2. In what way is Marius different from Armand as Lestat raises his questions?
3. After Armand pays Lestat a visit, what does Lestat decide to do in 1929?
4. How is Marius aided in the process of taking Those Who Must Be Kept out of Egypt?
5. Having returned in 1984, what is Lestat about to do that has other vampires up in arms?
6. What help does Marius receive in becoming the guardian of Those Who Must Be Kept?
7. Where does Lestat go after leaving Marius and how does he like his new surroundings?
8. When does Marius receive the most information about what happened to the old vampire in the tree?
9. Why does Gabrielle stick around after Lestat receives the Stradivarius in Cairo?
10. what are the two major topics of interest to Lestat as he reads mail from Paris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on Good Versus Evil in The Vampire Lestat. Include in your essay how the lines blur somewhat with
Lestat's concern for mortals. Discuss the different ways becoming a vampire affects different people: (1) Gabrielle embraces her new existence; (2) Nicki goes completely insane; (3) Claudia becomes murderous.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on Intimations of Homo-eroticism in The Vampire Lestat. Examples should include (1) the relationship of Lestat and Nicolas before they became vampires, (2) the relationship between Lestat and Louis, and (3) Lestat's desire to stay with Marius before he is sent away.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on the romance of vampire legend. In your essay use the points of (1) fatal attraction, (2) the desire for super powers, and (3) the usually rich and opulent surroundings of vampires.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)