|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do they go to sleep the night after the other vampires showed up?
2. Why does Lestat meet up with some of Armand's coven of vampires?
3. How does Nicki face Lestat after the escape from Armand's coven?
4. Where do Lestat and Gabrielle go to seek refuge from the vampires?
5. How does Lestat recognize it was a mistake to change Nicki?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can Lestat not follow through with his plan to have Nicki take Gabrielle to Italy?
2. Explain the length of time involved in the novel about Lestat.
3. What is Lestat's argument against Armand's vampire ways?
4. Explain the significance of Lestat's finding Armand at the mortals' ball.
5. What makes Lestat want to get Renaud and his troupe of actors out of Paris?
6. Describe the rapture of Lestat as he becomes a vampire.
7. How does Armand's story affect Lestat and Gabrielle differently?
8. How does Lestat come to know that Magnus had been looking for one like him for quite some time?
9. What is the event that lets Nicolas know that Lestat has changed?
10. Describe how Lestat gets into the kill.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on The Obsession of Man with Immortality. The essay should focus on the search for the Fountain of Youth that has evolved into cosmetic surgery in the ages-old attempt to live forever. Use examples from The Vampire Lestat to show that immortality is not the happy condition humans imagine it to be.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on Why I Would (or Would Not) Like to be a Vampire. Be specific in your answers, giving at least three main points supporting what you would or would not like about being an immortal creature of the night.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on The Evolution of the Vampire from Count Dracula to Lestat. Discuss how the image of the vampire has changed from the caped monster capable of transmogrifying into a bat to the urbane fiend capable of going unnoticed among mortals. You may want to speculate on future evolution based on the Twilight series that has become so popular in the 21st century.
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)