Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Lestat purchase gifts?
2. What does Gabrielle say is her dying wish?
3. What does Armand do without Lestat's permission?
4. What is Gabrielle's condition at the beginning of the story?
5. What is Armand actually trying to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolic meaning of the loud booming sound of the heart of Marius?
2. What is Lestat's argument against Armand's vampire ways?
3. How does Gabrielle react to becoming a vampire?
4. Where do Gabrielle and Lestat go in Paris to escape the vampires who continue to chase them?
5. What is the dependence factor Lestat feels toward Magnus as he learns the old vampire is about to destroy himself?
6. What special privilege is given Marius as he prepares to remove the ancient vampires?
7. What makes Lestat want to get Renaud and his troupe of actors out of Paris?
8. Why is it necessary for Lestat to make a quick getaway from his family home?
9. How do the riots start at Lestat's San Francisco rock concert?
10. Why does Gabrielle stick around after Lestat receives the Stradivarius in Cairo?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on The Madness of Nicolas. In your essay, define (1) how Nicki's early philosophy conflict with the nature of vampires, (2) how resentment and anger shaped Nicki's attitudes before he became a vampire, (3) how the effects of his kidnapping trauma deepened his psychosis, and (4) how possessing the power of a vampire put him completely over the edge.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on The Mysterious Romance of Early Egypt. Discuss how appropriate a setting Early Egypt makes for the beginnings of vampires on earth. Include (1) the ancient age of the Egyptian civilization, (2) the mystic religions of Egypt and their emphasis on life after death, and (3) the belief that Pharaohs were gods incarnate. Make sure you relate how each of these conditions make the origin of vampires believable.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on Fictional Monsters. Describe in your essay (1) vampires, (2) werewolves, (3) living mummies, and (4) zombies. Explain why these characters capture the imaginations of so many people. Select the one you prefer and defend your choice.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)