|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What business does Lestat purchase?
2. What is the word Lestat hears that haunts him?
3. How is Lestat alerted to the rising sun?
4. Why does Gabrielle agree to become a vampire?
5. What do Nicolas and Lestat propose to do to spite their families?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the vampires pursuing Lestat and Gabrielle leave a message that they have kidnapped Nicolas?
2. Describe how Lestat and Nicolas become friends.
3. What are the reactions to Lestat's sudden ascent into wealth?
4. Where do Gabrielle and Lestat go in Paris to escape the vampires who continue to chase them?
5. What kind of person is the lawyer Roget to whom Lestat trusts his business?
6. Describe how Lestat gets into the kill.
7. Describe the rapture of Lestat as he becomes a vampire.
8. What is Nicki's idea about the repertoire of the theater now called Theater of the Vampires?
9. What prepares Lestat for becoming an actor in Paris?
10. What is the dependence factor Lestat feels toward Magnus as he learns the old vampire is about to destroy himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on the romance of vampire legend. In your essay use the points of (1) fatal attraction, (2) the desire for super powers, and (3) the usually rich and opulent surroundings of vampires.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages as a Critique of THE VAMPIRE LESTAT. Discuss such things as style, vocabulary, historical references, and readability as they relate to the novel. End with a recommendation for others to read the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on Theater as an Important Social Medium. Discuss how theater plays an important role in the novel from Renaud's House of Thesbians to the Theater of the Vampires to Lestat's dramatic rock concert. Discuss how theater influences audiences and helps shape public tastes and interests.
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)