|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of his capture, what has happened to Nicki?
2. Why does Gabrielle agree to become a vampire?
3. What does Lestat want to do with Nicki?
4. What do all of the dead bodies in the tower have in common?
5. What happens to cause Gabrielle to go into hysterics?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the reactions to Lestat's sudden ascent into wealth?
2. How does Lestat immediately begin adjusting to being a vampire?
3. What is the event that lets Nicolas know that Lestat has changed?
4. What makes Lestat want to get Renaud and his troupe of actors out of Paris?
5. Describe how Lestat and Nicolas become friends.
6. Confronting Lestat, what is Armand's main objection to Lestat?
7. Why can Lestat not follow through with his plan to have Nicki take Gabrielle to Italy?
8. How does Anne rice introduce the character of Armand?
9. What is the circumstance when Lestat and Gabrielle awaken in a crypt inside a church?
10. What kind of person is the lawyer Roget to whom Lestat trusts his business?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on New Orleans as an Ideal Setting for vampire mythology. Points in the essay should include (1) the European flavor of the city, (2) the reputation of the city for sinfulness during Mardi Gras, and (3) the mysterious nature of the countryside.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on Myths About Vampires Challenged in The Vampire Lestat. Your essay should incorporate the points that (1) vampires can be frightened off with garlic and crosses; (2) that vampires cannot enter into holy places; and (3) that vampires cannot travel over water. Give examples from the book to prove your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on Theater as an Important Social Medium. Discuss how theater plays an important role in the novel from Renaud's House of Thesbians to the Theater of the Vampires to Lestat's dramatic rock concert. Discuss how theater influences audiences and helps shape public tastes and interests.
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)