Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Lestat purchase gifts?
2. What does Gabrielle say is her dying wish?
3. What does Armand do without Lestat's permission?
4. What is Gabrielle's condition at the beginning of the story?
5. What is Armand actually trying to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolic meaning of the loud booming sound of the heart of Marius?
2. What is Lestat's argument against Armand's vampire ways?
3. How does Gabrielle react to becoming a vampire?
4. Where do Gabrielle and Lestat go in Paris to escape the vampires who continue to chase them?
5. What is the dependence factor Lestat feels toward Magnus as he learns the old vampire is about to destroy himself?
6. What special privilege is given Marius as he prepares to remove the ancient vampires?
7. What makes Lestat want to get Renaud and his troupe of actors out of Paris?
8. Why is it necessary for Lestat to make a quick getaway from his family home?
9. How do the riots start at Lestat's San Francisco rock concert?
10. Why does Gabrielle stick around after Lestat receives the Stradivarius in Cairo?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on Good Versus Evil in The Vampire Lestat. Include in your essay how the lines blur somewhat with
Lestat's concern for mortals. Discuss the different ways becoming a vampire affects different people: (1) Gabrielle embraces her new existence; (2) Nicki goes completely insane; (3) Claudia becomes murderous.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on The Evolution of the Vampire from Count Dracula to Lestat. Discuss how the image of the vampire has changed from the caped monster capable of transmogrifying into a bat to the urbane fiend capable of going unnoticed among mortals. You may want to speculate on future evolution based on the Twilight series that has become so popular in the 21st century.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on Myths About Vampires Challenged in The Vampire Lestat. Your essay should incorporate the points that (1) vampires can be frightened off with garlic and crosses; (2) that vampires cannot enter into holy places; and (3) that vampires cannot travel over water. Give examples from the book to prove your arguments.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)