|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which vampire has published a tell all book about vampires?
2. Who goes to the theater to make excuses for Lestat's behavior?
3. What does Lestat begin to notice as he performs on stage every night?
4. What does Lestat defeat that makes him a local hero?
5. Why is Gabrielle afraid of the tower after the other vampires come around?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marius let Lestat know that he has nothing to fear while he is a guest in his house?
2. Define the literary usage of the dream Lestat has.
3. What is the symbolic meaning of the loud booming sound of the heart of Marius?
4. After Armand pays Lestat a visit, what does Lestat decide to do in 1929?
5. Predictably, after being warned by Marius not to return to the chapel where the Mother and Father are kept, what does Lestat do?
6. Why is it necessary for Lestat to make a quick getaway from his family home?
7. What special privilege is given Marius as he prepares to remove the ancient vampires?
8. How is the bond between Lestat and Nicki eventually broken?
9. How do the riots start at Lestat's San Francisco rock concert?
10. Describe the ability Armand has to absorb a great deal of information quickly.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on Theater as an Important Social Medium. Discuss how theater plays an important role in the novel from Renaud's House of Thesbians to the Theater of the Vampires to Lestat's dramatic rock concert. Discuss how theater influences audiences and helps shape public tastes and interests.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on the romance of vampire legend. In your essay use the points of (1) fatal attraction, (2) the desire for super powers, and (3) the usually rich and opulent surroundings of vampires.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on The Evolution of the Vampire from Count Dracula to Lestat. Discuss how the image of the vampire has changed from the caped monster capable of transmogrifying into a bat to the urbane fiend capable of going unnoticed among mortals. You may want to speculate on future evolution based on the Twilight series that has become so popular in the 21st century.
This section contains 1,721 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)