|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which vampire has published a tell all book about vampires?
2. What deep subjects do Lestat and Nicolas discuss?
3. With which member of his family is Lestat most connected?
4. What do all of the dead bodies in the tower have in common?
5. How does Nicki face Lestat after the escape from Armand's coven?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lestat come to know that Magnus had been looking for one like him for quite some time?
2. What is the event that lets Nicolas know that Lestat has changed?
3. How does Anne rice introduce the character of Armand?
4. What does Anne Rice use to let the reader know that something dire is going to happen to Lestat?
5. How does Gabrielle react to becoming a vampire?
6. What is Nicki's idea about the repertoire of the theater now called Theater of the Vampires?
7. Where do Gabrielle and Lestat go in Paris to escape the vampires who continue to chase them?
8. Describe how Lestat gets into the kill.
9. What is the dependence factor Lestat feels toward Magnus as he learns the old vampire is about to destroy himself?
10. Describe the ability Armand has to absorb a great deal of information quickly.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on the romance of vampire legend. In your essay use the points of (1) fatal attraction, (2) the desire for super powers, and (3) the usually rich and opulent surroundings of vampires.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on The Treasures of Marius. In your essay list the main rooms of Marius' mountainside palace and discuss the aesthetic quality of the art, music, plants, and animals. Identify the things you like best and give your reasons for those preferences.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on Theater as an Important Social Medium. Discuss how theater plays an important role in the novel from Renaud's House of Thesbians to the Theater of the Vampires to Lestat's dramatic rock concert. Discuss how theater influences audiences and helps shape public tastes and interests.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)