|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lestat learn that he can read people's minds?
2. How do Lestat and Gabrielle escape the room where she was dying?
3. What is it that makes Lestat uneasy watching Gabrielle?
4. Where does Armand take Lestat and Gabrielle?
5. What do Lestat and Gabrielle discover when they return the next night to the tower?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lestat immediately begin adjusting to being a vampire?
2. Explain the length of time involved in the novel about Lestat.
3. What kind of person is the lawyer Roget to whom Lestat trusts his business?
4. What is the circumstance when Lestat and Gabrielle awaken in a crypt inside a church?
5. How do the vampires pursuing Lestat and Gabrielle leave a message that they have kidnapped Nicolas?
6. Explain the significance of Lestat's finding Armand at the mortals' ball.
7. What is Lestat's argument against Armand's vampire ways?
8. Describe how Lestat and Nicolas become friends.
9. Why can Lestat not follow through with his plan to have Nicki take Gabrielle to Italy?
10. Where do Gabrielle and Lestat go in Paris to escape the vampires who continue to chase them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on Theater as an Important Social Medium. Discuss how theater plays an important role in the novel from Renaud's House of Thesbians to the Theater of the Vampires to Lestat's dramatic rock concert. Discuss how theater influences audiences and helps shape public tastes and interests.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on the romance of vampire legend. In your essay use the points of (1) fatal attraction, (2) the desire for super powers, and (3) the usually rich and opulent surroundings of vampires.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on The Treasures of Marius. In your essay list the main rooms of Marius' mountainside palace and discuss the aesthetic quality of the art, music, plants, and animals. Identify the things you like best and give your reasons for those preferences.
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)