Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Lestat purchase gifts?
2. What does Gabrielle say is her dying wish?
3. What does Armand do without Lestat's permission?
4. What is Gabrielle's condition at the beginning of the story?
5. What is Armand actually trying to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolic meaning of the loud booming sound of the heart of Marius?
2. What is Lestat's argument against Armand's vampire ways?
3. How does Gabrielle react to becoming a vampire?
4. Where do Gabrielle and Lestat go in Paris to escape the vampires who continue to chase them?
5. What is the dependence factor Lestat feels toward Magnus as he learns the old vampire is about to destroy himself?
6. What special privilege is given Marius as he prepares to remove the ancient vampires?
7. What makes Lestat want to get Renaud and his troupe of actors out of Paris?
8. Why is it necessary for Lestat to make a quick getaway from his family home?
9. How do the riots start at Lestat's San Francisco rock concert?
10. Why does Gabrielle stick around after Lestat receives the Stradivarius in Cairo?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on The Vulnerability of Vampires. Discuss in your essay (1) the threat of humans who hunt down vampires, (2) the threat of other vampires, and (3) the threat of long exposure to the sun or being consumed by fire.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on Why I Would (or Would Not) Like to be a Vampire. Be specific in your answers, giving at least three main points supporting what you would or would not like about being an immortal creature of the night.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on Fictional Monsters. Describe in your essay (1) vampires, (2) werewolves, (3) living mummies, and (4) zombies. Explain why these characters capture the imaginations of so many people. Select the one you prefer and defend your choice.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)