|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lestat's family situation just before the French Revolution?
2. Where does Lestat run into Armand again?
3. What does Magnus show Lestat in the tower?
4. Why is Gabrielle afraid of the tower after the other vampires come around?
5. Where do Lestat and Armand go after the ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it clear that Marius went looking for Lestat on purpose?
2. What occurs in Lestat as his body becomes emaciated from lack of drinking blood?
3. What prepares Lestat for becoming an actor in Paris?
4. Define the literary usage of the dream Lestat has.
5. How does Lestat come to know that Magnus had been looking for one like him for quite some time?
6. Why does Gabrielle stick around after Lestat receives the Stradivarius in Cairo?
7. What help does Marius receive in becoming the guardian of Those Who Must Be Kept?
8. What nearly disastrous thing does Lestat do in New Orleans?
9. How does the old vampire's prediction come true for Marius?
10. How does Gabrielle react to becoming a vampire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on Why I Would (or Would Not) Like to be a Vampire. Be specific in your answers, giving at least three main points supporting what you would or would not like about being an immortal creature of the night.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on Intimations of Homo-eroticism in The Vampire Lestat. Examples should include (1) the relationship of Lestat and Nicolas before they became vampires, (2) the relationship between Lestat and Louis, and (3) Lestat's desire to stay with Marius before he is sent away.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of at least two typewritten, double spaced pages on Good Versus Evil in The Vampire Lestat. Include in your essay how the lines blur somewhat with
Lestat's concern for mortals. Discuss the different ways becoming a vampire affects different people: (1) Gabrielle embraces her new existence; (2) Nicki goes completely insane; (3) Claudia becomes murderous.
This section contains 1,756 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)