|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claudia attempt to kill Lestat?
(a) Because she doesn't want to become a vampire.
(b) Because he made her when she was only a child.
(c) Because Louis puts her up to it.
(d) Because she is jealous of Lestat and Louis.
2. What does Akasha do after Lestat plays Nicki's violin for Those Who Must Be Kept?
(a) She gets up to dance.
(b) She wails and crushes the violin.
(c) She begins to shed real tears.
(d) She throws a vase at Lestat.
3. How was the first vampire created?
(a) When the Queen was bitten by a bat.
(b) When the King attempted to exorcise a demon.
(c) When the King and Queen were embalmed.
(d) When an alien being came to Egypt.
4. What is the Samhain?
(a) The warrior tribe of Ireland.
(b) The tribal council of the Druids.
(c) The holy book of the Druids.
(d) The ritual Marius will take part in.
5. What has Lestat been doing to upset the vampires?
(a) Making himself into a big mystery.
(b) Breaking all the rules and telling vampire secrets.
(c) Killing too many people close to home.
(d) Becoming more wealthy than before.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to New Orleans to visit Lestat?
2. Why is Lestat feeling strong after being pulled from the earth?
3. How did more vampires come into being?
4. What is the message Marius gets about the Mother and Father?
5. What are the images in Lestat's next warning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What special privilege is given Marius as he prepares to remove the ancient vampires?
2. When does Marius receive the most information about what happened to the old vampire in the tree?
3. After Armand pays Lestat a visit, what does Lestat decide to do in 1929?
4. What is so frightening to Lestat about Those Who Must Be Kept?
5. Predictably, after being warned by Marius not to return to the chapel where the Mother and Father are kept, what does Lestat do?
6. In what way is Marius different from Armand as Lestat raises his questions?
7. How does Marius let Lestat know that he has nothing to fear while he is a guest in his house?
8. As the vampires threatening Lestat begin to burst into flames, how is the question of what caused that resolved?
9. How is it clear that Marius went looking for Lestat on purpose?
10. Where does Marius begin the story of his life as he relates it to Lestat?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)