|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Lestat's father who is begging him to come to him?
(a) In New York.
(b) In New Orleans.
(c) In Amsterdam.
(d) In Georgia.
2. Where does Marius take Lestat?
(a) To his coven.
(b) To the bottom a pyramid.
(c) To his secret home.
(d) To a gold mine.
3. What is Marius main goal about Those Who Must Be Kept?
(a) That he will dress them in better clothes.
(b) That no one will find or harm them.
(c) That he can get them to wake up.
(d) That they will reward him for his loyalty.
4. What does Akasha do after Lestat plays Nicki's violin for Those Who Must Be Kept?
(a) She gets up to dance.
(b) She wails and crushes the violin.
(c) She begins to shed real tears.
(d) She throws a vase at Lestat.
5. During their journey away from Paris, what does Gabrielle often do?
(a) She takes off for several nights at a time.
(b) She kills several people a night.
(c) She becomes more protective of Lestat.
(d) She tries to talk Lestat into going to Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lestat react to Those Who Must Be Kept?
2. How does Lestat sleep one night after terrorizing a mortal in his home?
3. What memory does Lestat dwell on from his past?
4. How does Lestat go about trying to find Marius?
5. How does Lestat react to the city of New Orleans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Lestat after Marius saves him from being destroyed by Enkil?
2. What admission does Marius make to Lestat?
3. What occurs in Lestat as his body becomes emaciated from lack of drinking blood?
4. When Lestat cannot locate Marius and Gabrielle takes off for deep Africa, how does the reader see Lestat's depression?
5. In Alexandria, what does Marius learn about the beginnings of vampires and what happened to turn them all black and charred?
6. What is the symbolic meaning of the loud booming sound of the heart of Marius?
7. How does Marius at first react to the story of the creation of the vampires?
8. Why does Gabrielle stick around after Lestat receives the Stradivarius in Cairo?
9. What help does Marius receive in becoming the guardian of Those Who Must Be Kept?
10. Where does Lestat go after leaving Marius and how does he like his new surroundings?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)