|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Lestat prepares to go to the New World, where is Gabrielle planning to go?
2. What does Mael say will happen to Marius?
(a) He will become immortal.
(b) He will become a Druid.
(c) He will be sacrificed.
(d) He will make history.
3. Why does Marius tell Lestat he must leave him?
(a) He cannot stay before he has lived one mortal lifetime.
(b) He is not strong enough to shield his thoughts.
(c) He must scout out safe places for the Mother and Father.
(d) He is in too much danger at Marius' house.
4. Where is Lestat when he awakens?
(a) On Marius' boat.
(b) In Marius' house.
(c) In a sarcophagus.
(d) In Transylvania.
5. Seriously wounded, where does Lestat go to regain his strength?
(a) To Gabrielle.
(b) To Marius.
(c) To Those Who Must Be Kept.
(d) To Armand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gabrielle think about Marius?
2. Why does Marius become interested in the stranger in the tavern?
3. Reunited, what do Gabrielle, Louis, and Lestat try to figure out?
4. What does Lestat do when he returns from Paris to New Orleans?
5. What are the images in Lestat's next warning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Marius aided in the process of taking Those Who Must Be Kept out of Egypt?
2. How do the riots start at Lestat's San Francisco rock concert?
3. What admission does Marius make to Lestat?
4. Why does Marius receive no information about the calamity that befell the old god of the Druids?
5. Where does Lestat go after leaving Marius and how does he like his new surroundings?
6. How does Marius at first react to the story of the creation of the vampires?
7. Where does Marius begin the story of his life as he relates it to Lestat?
8. What special privilege is given Marius as he prepares to remove the ancient vampires?
9. After Armand pays Lestat a visit, what does Lestat decide to do in 1929?
10. Why is Gabrielle's idea of freedom much different from Lestat's?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)