|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to New Orleans to visit Lestat?
2. As Lestat prepares to go to the New World, where is Gabrielle planning to go?
3. What is the problem with Enkil?
(a) He is jealous and tries to kill Lestat.
(b) He cannot hear the violin music.
(c) He has turned to solid stone.
(d) He tries to kill Ashaka.
4. Starving, what happens to Lestat?
(a) He tries to dig himself out of the earth.
(b) He hallucinates.
(c) He believes it is the end for him.
(d) He eats earthworms.
5. How was the first vampire created?
(a) When an alien being came to Egypt.
(b) When the King attempted to exorcise a demon.
(c) When the King and Queen were embalmed.
(d) When the Queen was bitten by a bat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lestat explore after changing his clothes?
2. What happens in Istanbul and Greece?
3. What does Mael say will happen to Marius?
4. Where does Lestat want to go that Marius has forbidden?
5. Why does Lestat stay so long underground?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the old vampire's prediction come true for Marius?
2. Having returned in 1984, what is Lestat about to do that has other vampires up in arms?
3. Why does Gabrielle stick around after Lestat receives the Stradivarius in Cairo?
4. How does Gabrielle behave from the very beginning of the journey she goes on with Lestat?
5. Predictably, after being warned by Marius not to return to the chapel where the Mother and Father are kept, what does Lestat do?
6. Why is Gabrielle's idea of freedom much different from Lestat's?
7. Where does Lestat go after leaving Marius and how does he like his new surroundings?
8. what are the two major topics of interest to Lestat as he reads mail from Paris?
9. After Armand pays Lestat a visit, what does Lestat decide to do in 1929?
10. What special privilege is given Marius as he prepares to remove the ancient vampires?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)