|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Marius find Lestat?
(a) By smelling his blood.
(b) By hearing from Gabrielle.
(c) By simple logic.
(d) By reading his many messages.
2. As Lestat prepares to go to the New World, where is Gabrielle planning to go?
3. What memory does Lestat dwell on from his past?
(a) Life with Louis and Claudia.
(b) His relationship with Nicki.
(c) Time with Those Who Must Be Kept.
(d) The time when he was close to his mother.
4. What does the burnt creature tell Marius?
(a) That he must remain hidden in the tree.
(b) That nothing will happen to him.
(c) How he will become immortal.
(d) Where a vast treasure is hidden.
5. Why does Marius become interested in the stranger in the tavern?
(a) To learn ancient ways.
(b) To hear his sea tales.
(c) To interview his people.
(d) To teach him French customs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the stranger from the tavern?
2. How does Lestat react to Those Who Must Be Kept?
3. How does Marius remove Those Who Must Be Kept?
4. When, according to another burnt vampire, were their kind created?
5. Reunited, what do Gabrielle, Louis, and Lestat try to figure out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolic meaning of the loud booming sound of the heart of Marius?
2. How is it clear that Marius went looking for Lestat on purpose?
3. In Alexandria, what does Marius learn about the beginnings of vampires and what happened to turn them all black and charred?
4. What special privilege is given Marius as he prepares to remove the ancient vampires?
5. After Armand pays Lestat a visit, what does Lestat decide to do in 1929?
6. How do the riots start at Lestat's San Francisco rock concert?
7. What is so frightening to Lestat about Those Who Must Be Kept?
8. Why does Gabrielle stick around after Lestat receives the Stradivarius in Cairo?
9. How is Marius aided in the process of taking Those Who Must Be Kept out of Egypt?
10. What happens to Lestat after Marius saves him from being destroyed by Enkil?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)