|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nicki's condition that causes everyone to keep a close eye on him?
(a) He is despondent.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is weak.
(d) He is mad.
2. At what point does Marius begin to understand?
(a) When he drinks the blood of the burnt vampire.
(b) When he talks again with Mael.
(c) When he finds a book that explains all.
(d) When he puts on the Druid clothes.
3. When Marius leaves his house, what restriction does he place on Lestat?
(a) He is not to write down what he has learned.
(b) He is not to go where the Mother and Father are kept.
(c) He is not to leave his private room.
(d) He is not to light the torches in the house.
4. What memory does Lestat dwell on from his past?
(a) The time when he was close to his mother.
(b) His relationship with Nicki.
(c) Time with Those Who Must Be Kept.
(d) Life with Louis and Claudia.
5. How does Lestat taunt real vampires during the show?
(a) By demonstrating his greater power.
(b) By telling the mortals how to spot them.
(c) By declaring that vampires are fiction.
(d) By daring them to show themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marius main goal about Those Who Must Be Kept?
2. What are the images in Lestat's next warning?
3. How does Marius remove Those Who Must Be Kept?
4. How does Marius react when he sees that Lestat is in the sanctuary?
5. What do the vampires call the process of making another vampire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Define the literary usage of the dream Lestat has.
2. Where does Marius begin the story of his life as he relates it to Lestat?
3. As the vampires threatening Lestat begin to burst into flames, how is the question of what caused that resolved?
4. What nearly disastrous thing does Lestat do in New Orleans?
5. What is so frightening to Lestat about Those Who Must Be Kept?
6. When Lestat cannot locate Marius and Gabrielle takes off for deep Africa, how does the reader see Lestat's depression?
7. What is the symbolic meaning of the loud booming sound of the heart of Marius?
8. Why is Gabrielle's idea of freedom much different from Lestat's?
9. What help does Marius receive in becoming the guardian of Those Who Must Be Kept?
10. What admission does Marius make to Lestat?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)