|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marius take Lestat?
(a) To see Those Who Must Be Kept.
(b) To the top of the mountain.
(c) To his library.
(d) To feast on victims he has caught.
2. Leaving the theater behind, what do Gabrielle and Lestat do?
(a) Leave Paris to see the world.
(b) Sail to New Orleans.
(c) Travel to England.
(d) Rent a villa in the south of France.
3. After learning Armand's story, what does Lestat want to do?
(a) Leave with Gabrielle and sleep in the earth.
(b) Find Marius.
(c) Take Armand under his wing.
(d) Form a coven.
4. What has Lestat been doing to upset the vampires?
(a) Becoming more wealthy than before.
(b) Making himself into a big mystery.
(c) Killing too many people close to home.
(d) Breaking all the rules and telling vampire secrets.
5. What is the problem with Enkil?
(a) He tries to kill Ashaka.
(b) He has turned to solid stone.
(c) He cannot hear the violin music.
(d) He is jealous and tries to kill Lestat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lestat explore after changing his clothes?
2. Where does he take Those Who Must Be Kept first?
3. What does Gabrielle think about Marius?
4. How does Lestat sleep one night after terrorizing a mortal in his home?
5. Seriously wounded, where does Lestat go to regain his strength?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Marius begin the story of his life as he relates it to Lestat?
2. What special privilege is given Marius as he prepares to remove the ancient vampires?
3. Why does Gabrielle stick around after Lestat receives the Stradivarius in Cairo?
4. What is the symbolic meaning of the loud booming sound of the heart of Marius?
5. How is it clear that Marius went looking for Lestat on purpose?
6. What nearly disastrous thing does Lestat do in New Orleans?
7. How does Gabrielle behave from the very beginning of the journey she goes on with Lestat?
8. How does Marius at first react to the story of the creation of the vampires?
9. As the vampires threatening Lestat begin to burst into flames, how is the question of what caused that resolved?
10. what are the two major topics of interest to Lestat as he reads mail from Paris?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)