|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marius become interested in the stranger in the tavern?
(a) To interview his people.
(b) To hear his sea tales.
(c) To teach him French customs.
(d) To learn ancient ways.
2. Where is Lestat when he awakens?
(a) On Marius' boat.
(b) In a sarcophagus.
(c) In Marius' house.
(d) In Transylvania.
3. What does Gabrielle think about Marius?
(a) That he is dead.
(b) That he cannot tell them anything.
(c) That he will not see Lestat.
(d) That he is a fiction.
4. How did Marius find Lestat?
(a) By reading his many messages.
(b) By hearing from Gabrielle.
(c) By smelling his blood.
(d) By simple logic.
5. Who chooses Marius to be the new god?
(a) The tribal council.
(b) The old god.
(c) The stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening in Paris while Lestat and Gabrielle are traveling?
2. Who pulls Lestat from the ground?
3. What is Marius main goal about Those Who Must Be Kept?
4. What has Lestat been doing to upset the vampires?
5. What does Mael say will happen to Marius?
Short Essay Questions
1. What nearly disastrous thing does Lestat do in New Orleans?
2. How is it clear that Marius went looking for Lestat on purpose?
3. Predictably, after being warned by Marius not to return to the chapel where the Mother and Father are kept, what does Lestat do?
4. Why is Gabrielle's idea of freedom much different from Lestat's?
5. What is so frightening to Lestat about Those Who Must Be Kept?
6. Where does Lestat go after leaving Marius and how does he like his new surroundings?
7. How does Marius at first react to the story of the creation of the vampires?
8. How is Marius aided in the process of taking Those Who Must Be Kept out of Egypt?
9. As the vampires threatening Lestat begin to burst into flames, how is the question of what caused that resolved?
10. How do the riots start at Lestat's San Francisco rock concert?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)