|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the problem with Enkil?
(a) He has turned to solid stone.
(b) He tries to kill Ashaka.
(c) He cannot hear the violin music.
(d) He is jealous and tries to kill Lestat.
2. What is Nicki's condition that causes everyone to keep a close eye on him?
(a) He is mad.
(b) He is weak.
(c) He is despondent.
(d) He is confused.
3. What does Marius learn happened to the Mother and the Father that caused all vampires to burn?
(a) They were left out in the sun.
(b) They were thrown into a kiln.
(c) They were exposed to radiation.
(d) They were in a fire in the temple.
4. How does Lestat go about trying to find Marius?
(a) By hiring a private investigator.
(b) By putting ads in the newspapers.
(c) By carving messages into stone.
(d) By calling his name over and over.
5. Why does Lestat stay under the earth after hearing the beating sound?
(a) He is too curious to get up.
(b) He is too weak to get himself up.
(c) He is too afraid to get up.
(d) He is too comfortable to get up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Marius is wounded by the Elder in a fight?
2. What does Lestat dream about his family?
3. How did Marius find Lestat?
4. Where does Marius take Lestat?
5. What does Lestat think of while buried in the earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marius let Lestat know that he has nothing to fear while he is a guest in his house?
2. After Armand pays Lestat a visit, what does Lestat decide to do in 1929?
3. What admission does Marius make to Lestat?
4. What occurs in Lestat as his body becomes emaciated from lack of drinking blood?
5. Having returned in 1984, what is Lestat about to do that has other vampires up in arms?
6. When does Marius receive the most information about what happened to the old vampire in the tree?
7. How does Gabrielle behave from the very beginning of the journey she goes on with Lestat?
8. What help does Marius receive in becoming the guardian of Those Who Must Be Kept?
9. Where does Marius begin the story of his life as he relates it to Lestat?
10. What is so frightening to Lestat about Those Who Must Be Kept?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)