|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marius learn happened to the Mother and the Father that caused all vampires to burn?
(a) They were in a fire in the temple.
(b) They were thrown into a kiln.
(c) They were left out in the sun.
(d) They were exposed to radiation.
2. Why does Lestat have to leave Marius house hurriedly?
(a) With Enkil riled up, it is not safe for Lestat.
(b) Marius banishes him for breaking the rules.
(c) Akasha is enjoying the fight over her.
(d) Lestat is too strong after drinking Akasha's blood.
3. Why is Lestat feeling strong after being pulled from the earth?
(a) He has revived in the sea air.
(b) He has been hunting.
(c) He has drunk Marius' blood.
(d) He can breathe better.
4. How does Lestat taunt real vampires during the show?
(a) By demonstrating his greater power.
(b) By telling the mortals how to spot them.
(c) By daring them to show themselves.
(d) By declaring that vampires are fiction.
5. Why does Lestat stay so long underground?
(a) His sadness over Gabrielle.
(b) His lack of motivation to arise.
(c) His fear of Marius.
(d) His need for a long rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Istanbul and Greece?
2. After drinking the blood from the burnt vampire, what does Marius feed on?
3. Where is Marius led when he arrives in Alexandria?
4. Why does Lestat stay under the earth after hearing the beating sound?
5. Where is Lestat when he awakens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Define the literary usage of the dream Lestat has.
2. Why does Gabrielle stick around after Lestat receives the Stradivarius in Cairo?
3. What is the symbolic meaning of the loud booming sound of the heart of Marius?
4. How do the riots start at Lestat's San Francisco rock concert?
5. What occurs in Lestat as his body becomes emaciated from lack of drinking blood?
6. In Alexandria, what does Marius learn about the beginnings of vampires and what happened to turn them all black and charred?
7. What is so frightening to Lestat about Those Who Must Be Kept?
8. What admission does Marius make to Lestat?
9. Where does Marius begin the story of his life as he relates it to Lestat?
10. How is Marius aided in the process of taking Those Who Must Be Kept out of Egypt?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)