|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Reunited, what do Gabrielle, Louis, and Lestat try to figure out?
(a) Who was behind the exploding vampires.
(b) Why they were not killed with the others.
(c) What they should do to protect themselves.
(d) Where they should go next.
2. During their journey away from Paris, what does Gabrielle often do?
(a) She kills several people a night.
(b) She takes off for several nights at a time.
(c) She becomes more protective of Lestat.
(d) She tries to talk Lestat into going to Africa.
3. Why does Lestat stay so long underground?
(a) His need for a long rest.
(b) His lack of motivation to arise.
(c) His fear of Marius.
(d) His sadness over Gabrielle.
4. Why does Marius want to get Those Who Must Be Kept away from the Elder who has watched them for centuries?
(a) He wants to take them where Marius cannot see them.
(b) He wants to sell them to a museum.
(c) He wants to destroy them and all vampires.
(d) He wants to drink their blood and become a god.
5. What does Lestat finally realize about what has happened in San Francisco?
(a) That Enkil is trying to kill him.
(b) That Akasha is with him.
(c) That Marius is dead.
(d) That he had gone too far.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the evil spirit get into the bodies of the King and Queen?
2. What is the Samhain?
3. After learning Armand's story, what does Lestat want to do?
4. What does Lestat dream about his family?
5. What does Marius realize as he looks at the badly burnt god?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marius receive no information about the calamity that befell the old god of the Druids?
2. What is so frightening to Lestat about Those Who Must Be Kept?
3. Where does Lestat go after leaving Marius and how does he like his new surroundings?
4. Why does Gabrielle stick around after Lestat receives the Stradivarius in Cairo?
5. Why is Gabrielle's idea of freedom much different from Lestat's?
6. How does the old vampire's prediction come true for Marius?
7. Define the literary usage of the dream Lestat has.
8. What happens to Lestat after Marius saves him from being destroyed by Enkil?
9. When Lestat cannot locate Marius and Gabrielle takes off for deep Africa, how does the reader see Lestat's depression?
10. How does Marius at first react to the story of the creation of the vampires?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)