|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does he take Those Who Must Be Kept first?
2. Starving, what happens to Lestat?
(a) He believes it is the end for him.
(b) He hallucinates.
(c) He eats earthworms.
(d) He tries to dig himself out of the earth.
3. Leaving the theater behind, what do Gabrielle and Lestat do?
(a) Rent a villa in the south of France.
(b) Leave Paris to see the world.
(c) Sail to New Orleans.
(d) Travel to England.
4. When Marius leaves his house, what restriction does he place on Lestat?
(a) He is not to leave his private room.
(b) He is not to light the torches in the house.
(c) He is not to write down what he has learned.
(d) He is not to go where the Mother and Father are kept.
5. What does Marius learn happened to the Mother and the Father that caused all vampires to burn?
(a) They were left out in the sun.
(b) They were exposed to radiation.
(c) They were in a fire in the temple.
(d) They were thrown into a kiln.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lestat sleep one night after terrorizing a mortal in his home?
2. How does Lestat taunt real vampires during the show?
3. Why does Marius want to get Those Who Must Be Kept away from the Elder who has watched them for centuries?
4. What sound arouses Lestat's attention while he is underground?
5. How did more vampires come into being?
Short Essay Questions
1. What help does Marius receive in becoming the guardian of Those Who Must Be Kept?
2. How does the old vampire's prediction come true for Marius?
3. Why is Gabrielle's idea of freedom much different from Lestat's?
4. How does Gabrielle behave from the very beginning of the journey she goes on with Lestat?
5. Why does Gabrielle stick around after Lestat receives the Stradivarius in Cairo?
6. When does Marius receive the most information about what happened to the old vampire in the tree?
7. When Lestat cannot locate Marius and Gabrielle takes off for deep Africa, how does the reader see Lestat's depression?
8. As the vampires threatening Lestat begin to burst into flames, how is the question of what caused that resolved?
9. What is so frightening to Lestat about Those Who Must Be Kept?
10. How is it clear that Marius went looking for Lestat on purpose?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)