|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lestat stay under the earth after hearing the beating sound?
(a) He is too comfortable to get up.
(b) He is too curious to get up.
(c) He is too afraid to get up.
(d) He is too weak to get himself up.
2. Finally believing the story of the Mother and Father to be true, what does Marius do?
(a) Decides to write a history about them.
(b) Decides to get far away from Egypt.
(c) Decides to try to kill them.
(d) Decides to see for himself if they are safe.
3. Who does Marius encounter when he is forty years old?
(a) A Keltoi.
(b) A prince.
(c) A Roman.
(d) A vampire.
4. Starving, what happens to Lestat?
(a) He hallucinates.
(b) He tries to dig himself out of the earth.
(c) He eats earthworms.
(d) He believes it is the end for him.
5. Who comes to New Orleans to visit Lestat?
Short Answer Questions
1. Using mental telepathy, what does the female give to Lestat?
2. What memory does Lestat dwell on from his past?
3. Why does Lestat stay so long underground?
4. What is the name of the stranger from the tavern?
5. How did Marius find Lestat?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Lestat cannot locate Marius and Gabrielle takes off for deep Africa, how does the reader see Lestat's depression?
2. What occurs in Lestat as his body becomes emaciated from lack of drinking blood?
3. When does Marius receive the most information about what happened to the old vampire in the tree?
4. How is Marius aided in the process of taking Those Who Must Be Kept out of Egypt?
5. What happens to Lestat after Marius saves him from being destroyed by Enkil?
6. As the vampires threatening Lestat begin to burst into flames, how is the question of what caused that resolved?
7. What is the symbolic meaning of the loud booming sound of the heart of Marius?
8. Define the literary usage of the dream Lestat has.
9. Predictably, after being warned by Marius not to return to the chapel where the Mother and Father are kept, what does Lestat do?
10. How does Marius let Lestat know that he has nothing to fear while he is a guest in his house?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)