|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lestat think Those Who Must Be Kept are?
(a) A pair of insane vampires.
(b) A pair of statues.
(c) A pair of victims.
(d) A pair of gods.
2. What is Lestat planning to do in San Francisco?
(a) Write his memoirs.
(b) Build a new house.
(c) Look for Louis.
(d) Perform a rock concert.
3. What is the condition of the old god?
(a) He is starving but cannot eat.
(b) He is ready to die.
(c) He is powerful but ready to leave.
(d) He is helpless and cannot move.
4. After learning Armand's story, what does Lestat want to do?
(a) Find Marius.
(b) Take Armand under his wing.
(c) Leave with Gabrielle and sleep in the earth.
(d) Form a coven.
5. How is the house of the vampire Marius decorated?
(a) Naturally like a cave in a mountainside.
(b) Plainly for a fast getaway.
(c) Lavishly with paintings and murals.
(d) Like an Egyptian tomb for a king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to New Orleans to visit Lestat?
2. What is happening in Paris while Lestat and Gabrielle are traveling?
3. Why does Marius want to get Those Who Must Be Kept away from the Elder who has watched them for centuries?
4. What does Lestat finally realize about what has happened in San Francisco?
5. Why does Claudia attempt to kill Lestat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What admission does Marius make to Lestat?
2. As the vampires threatening Lestat begin to burst into flames, how is the question of what caused that resolved?
3. Having returned in 1984, what is Lestat about to do that has other vampires up in arms?
4. Why does Marius receive no information about the calamity that befell the old god of the Druids?
5. How does Marius at first react to the story of the creation of the vampires?
6. In what way is Marius different from Armand as Lestat raises his questions?
7. what are the two major topics of interest to Lestat as he reads mail from Paris?
8. What is the symbolic meaning of the loud booming sound of the heart of Marius?
9. Define the literary usage of the dream Lestat has.
10. When Lestat cannot locate Marius and Gabrielle takes off for deep Africa, how does the reader see Lestat's depression?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)