|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound arouses Lestat's attention while he is underground?
(a) Dogs digging in the earth.
(b) A strange beating sound.
(c) Someone playing Nicki's violin.
(d) Arabic music.
2. What is happening in Paris while Lestat and Gabrielle are traveling?
(a) The beginnings of the French Revolution.
(b) A renewed interest in the theater.
(c) The plague.
(d) A fire ravages the city.
3. Who comes to New Orleans to visit Lestat?
4. Why does Marius tell Lestat he must leave him?
(a) He is not strong enough to shield his thoughts.
(b) He is in too much danger at Marius' house.
(c) He cannot stay before he has lived one mortal lifetime.
(d) He must scout out safe places for the Mother and Father.
5. Why does Lestat stay so long underground?
(a) His sadness over Gabrielle.
(b) His need for a long rest.
(c) His fear of Marius.
(d) His lack of motivation to arise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the images in Lestat's next warning?
2. What does the stranger in the tavern do to Marius?
3. Where does Marius take Lestat?
4. Who keeps Lestat informed about what is going on in France?
5. What is Marius main goal about Those Who Must Be Kept?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gabrielle behave from the very beginning of the journey she goes on with Lestat?
2. Define the literary usage of the dream Lestat has.
3. What is so frightening to Lestat about Those Who Must Be Kept?
4. What help does Marius receive in becoming the guardian of Those Who Must Be Kept?
5. In Alexandria, what does Marius learn about the beginnings of vampires and what happened to turn them all black and charred?
6. How does Marius at first react to the story of the creation of the vampires?
7. What special privilege is given Marius as he prepares to remove the ancient vampires?
8. Where does Marius begin the story of his life as he relates it to Lestat?
9. Where does Lestat go after leaving Marius and how does he like his new surroundings?
10. What occurs in Lestat as his body becomes emaciated from lack of drinking blood?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)