|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marius main goal about Those Who Must Be Kept?
(a) That he can get them to wake up.
(b) That no one will find or harm them.
(c) That they will reward him for his loyalty.
(d) That he will dress them in better clothes.
2. Reunited, what do Gabrielle, Louis, and Lestat try to figure out?
(a) Why they were not killed with the others.
(b) Who was behind the exploding vampires.
(c) What they should do to protect themselves.
(d) Where they should go next.
3. After drinking the blood from the burnt vampire, what does Marius feed on?
(a) The blood of children the Druids believe is pure.
(b) The blood of criminals the Druids bring him.
(c) The blood of Mael.
(d) The blood of sheep the Durids sacrifice.
4. What does Lestat call the most forsaken outpost of the Savage Garden?
(c) New Orleans.
(d) New York.
5. Who does Marius encounter when he is forty years old?
(a) A vampire.
(b) A Roman.
(c) A prince.
(d) A Keltoi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Using mental telepathy, what does the female give to Lestat?
2. Why is Lestat feeling strong after being pulled from the earth?
3. What is Louis' concern about the concert?
4. How does Marius remove Those Who Must Be Kept?
5. What is the problem with Enkil?
Short Essay Questions
1. What admission does Marius make to Lestat?
2. Define the literary usage of the dream Lestat has.
3. As the vampires threatening Lestat begin to burst into flames, how is the question of what caused that resolved?
4. In Alexandria, what does Marius learn about the beginnings of vampires and what happened to turn them all black and charred?
5. Predictably, after being warned by Marius not to return to the chapel where the Mother and Father are kept, what does Lestat do?
6. How does the old vampire's prediction come true for Marius?
7. What happens to Lestat after Marius saves him from being destroyed by Enkil?
8. What nearly disastrous thing does Lestat do in New Orleans?
9. How is it clear that Marius went looking for Lestat on purpose?
10. How does Gabrielle behave from the very beginning of the journey she goes on with Lestat?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)