|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gabrielle not understand about Lestat?
(a) His weakness for Armand.
(b) His unwillingness to talk.
(c) His connection to mortals.
(d) His need for a coven.
2. Why does Marius tell Lestat he must leave him?
(a) He is in too much danger at Marius' house.
(b) He must scout out safe places for the Mother and Father.
(c) He cannot stay before he has lived one mortal lifetime.
(d) He is not strong enough to shield his thoughts.
3. After drinking the blood from the burnt vampire, what does Marius feed on?
(a) The blood of Mael.
(b) The blood of sheep the Durids sacrifice.
(c) The blood of criminals the Druids bring him.
(d) The blood of children the Druids believe is pure.
4. What does Marius make Lestat promise?
(a) Never to tell what he knows now.
(b) Never to forget drinking Akasha's blood.
(c) Never to return to the house they are in.
(d) Never to try and find him.
5. How does Marius react when he sees that Lestat is in the sanctuary?
(a) He is happy to see Enkil murder Lestat.
(b) He is surprised that Lestat could open the door.
(c) He is pleased that Lestat work them up.
(d) He is furious that Lestat defied his order.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Marius' house, how are the two vampires dressed?
2. What happens during the night at Marius' rented house?
3. During their journey away from Paris, what does Gabrielle often do?
4. Where does Marius take Lestat?
5. How was the first vampire created?
Short Essay Questions
1. What help does Marius receive in becoming the guardian of Those Who Must Be Kept?
2. What occurs in Lestat as his body becomes emaciated from lack of drinking blood?
3. Why does Gabrielle stick around after Lestat receives the Stradivarius in Cairo?
4. Where does Lestat go after leaving Marius and how does he like his new surroundings?
5. In what way is Marius different from Armand as Lestat raises his questions?
6. Predictably, after being warned by Marius not to return to the chapel where the Mother and Father are kept, what does Lestat do?
7. What special privilege is given Marius as he prepares to remove the ancient vampires?
8. How is it clear that Marius went looking for Lestat on purpose?
9. How does the old vampire's prediction come true for Marius?
10. How does Gabrielle behave from the very beginning of the journey she goes on with Lestat?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)