|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Lestat been doing to upset the vampires?
(a) Becoming more wealthy than before.
(b) Killing too many people close to home.
(c) Breaking all the rules and telling vampire secrets.
(d) Making himself into a big mystery.
2. What memory does Lestat dwell on from his past?
(a) Time with Those Who Must Be Kept.
(b) His relationship with Nicki.
(c) The time when he was close to his mother.
(d) Life with Louis and Claudia.
3. Leaving the theater behind, what do Gabrielle and Lestat do?
(a) Sail to New Orleans.
(b) Travel to England.
(c) Leave Paris to see the world.
(d) Rent a villa in the south of France.
4. What does Marius learn happened to the Mother and the Father that caused all vampires to burn?
(a) They were thrown into a kiln.
(b) They were exposed to radiation.
(c) They were in a fire in the temple.
(d) They were left out in the sun.
5. Using mental telepathy, what does the female give to Lestat?
(a) A smile.
(b) Her name, Akasha.
(c) A warning.
(d) The way to call her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lestat think Those Who Must Be Kept are?
2. What property does Lestat own in New Orleans?
3. How does Lestat react to Those Who Must Be Kept?
4. What does Lestat think of while buried in the earth?
5. What does Lestat dream about his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Lestat after Marius saves him from being destroyed by Enkil?
2. How does the old vampire's prediction come true for Marius?
3. Where does Lestat go after leaving Marius and how does he like his new surroundings?
4. What is the symbolic meaning of the loud booming sound of the heart of Marius?
5. What help does Marius receive in becoming the guardian of Those Who Must Be Kept?
6. When does Marius receive the most information about what happened to the old vampire in the tree?
7. As the vampires threatening Lestat begin to burst into flames, how is the question of what caused that resolved?
8. what are the two major topics of interest to Lestat as he reads mail from Paris?
9. What admission does Marius make to Lestat?
10. In Alexandria, what does Marius learn about the beginnings of vampires and what happened to turn them all black and charred?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)