Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Lestat purchase gifts?
(a) The poor people of Paris.
(b) His father and Nicolas' father.
(c) Nicolas and his brothers.
(d) The people at the theater.
2. What does Gabrielle say is her dying wish?
(a) That Lestat will stay with her to the end.
(b) That Lestat will inherit her fortune.
(c) That Lestat will finish his education.
(d) That Lestat is happy in Paris.
3. What does Armand do without Lestat's permission?
(a) He kills one of the mortals at the ball.
(b) He drinks from him.
(c) He tells everyone Lestat is a vampire.
(d) He runs away with Gabrielle.
4. What is Gabrielle's condition at the beginning of the story?
(a) She is planning to run away.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is dying.
(d) She is a vampire.
5. What is Armand actually trying to do?
(a) Reach out to Lestat and Gabrielle.
(b) Alienate Lestat and Gabrielle.
(c) Learn how to live with mortals.
(d) Find the weaknesses of Gabrielle and Lestat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicki manage to do while Lestat is visiting Roget?
2. Who does Lestat look up to help him with his finances?
3. What news does Lestat receive about his mother?
4. What is it that Armand insists on but Lestat scorns?
5. How does Magnus depart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolic meaning of the loud booming sound of the heart of Marius?
2. What is Lestat's argument against Armand's vampire ways?
3. How does Gabrielle react to becoming a vampire?
4. Where do Gabrielle and Lestat go in Paris to escape the vampires who continue to chase them?
5. What is the dependence factor Lestat feels toward Magnus as he learns the old vampire is about to destroy himself?
6. What special privilege is given Marius as he prepares to remove the ancient vampires?
7. What makes Lestat want to get Renaud and his troupe of actors out of Paris?
8. Why is it necessary for Lestat to make a quick getaway from his family home?
9. How do the riots start at Lestat's San Francisco rock concert?
10. Why does Gabrielle stick around after Lestat receives the Stradivarius in Cairo?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)