|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lie does Armand tell the remaining members of his former coven?
(a) That he has the answers they seek.
(b) That he has a new source of revenue.
(c) That he is sorry for killing coven members.
(d) That he will make amends for what he did in the past.
2. How does Magnus depart?
(a) He thrusts a silver blade through his heart.
(b) He immolates himself in the fire.
(c) He flies out of the window.
(d) He walks out of the tower into the sunlight.
3. Why does Lestat climb a wall?
(a) To see the skyline.
(b) To see Nicki.
(c) To look for Magnus.
(d) To escape the other vampires.
4. How does Lestat leave Armand's coven?
(a) Flying like a bat.
(b) Carrying a torch to keep Armand away.
(c) Carrying Gabrielle and Nicolas.
(d) Escaping through a window.
5. What does Lestat show Gabrielle the next night after she becomes a vampire?
(a) How to levitate.
(b) The way to light the tower.
(c) The jewels and treasure in the tower.
(d) Where to escape the tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gabrielle say is her dying wish?
2. What does Armand want from Gabrielle and Lestat?
3. What does Lestat defeat that makes him a local hero?
4. How do Gabrielle and Lestat frighten the worshipers?
5. What does Lestat want to do as a vampire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of person is the lawyer Roget to whom Lestat trusts his business?
2. How does Anne rice introduce the character of Armand?
3. How does Lestat immediately begin adjusting to being a vampire?
4. Describe the rapture of Lestat as he becomes a vampire.
5. Describe how Lestat gets into the kill.
6. What is Nicki's idea about the repertoire of the theater now called Theater of the Vampires?
7. How do the vampires pursuing Lestat and Gabrielle leave a message that they have kidnapped Nicolas?
8. Why can Lestat not follow through with his plan to have Nicki take Gabrielle to Italy?
9. What is the dependence factor Lestat feels toward Magnus as he learns the old vampire is about to destroy himself?
10. What prepares Lestat for becoming an actor in Paris?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)