|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the one person who is not happy to hear of Lestat's good fortune?
(d) M. de Lioncourt.
2. What future friend of Lestat's does he meet when a committee comes to reward his bravery?
(b) Nicolas .
(c) Misseur de Lenfent.
3. Why does Gabrielle encourage Lestat to make friends with Nicolas?
(a) It is a way for Lestat to get an education.
(b) It is a way for him to see how poor people live.
(c) It is a way of pleasing his father.
(d) It is a way for him to get out into the world.
4. Where do they go to sleep the night after the other vampires showed up?
(a) An old burial crypt in a church.
(b) Deep in the earth.
(c) In a cemetery.
(d) In the cellar of the theater.
5. What does Lestat do with Magnus' ashes?
(a) He puts them in an urn.
(b) He discards them out the window.
(c) He hides them in a coffin.
(d) He puts them in water and drinks them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicki declare about the theater?
2. Where does Lestat run into Armand again?
3. Where does Armand take Lestat and Gabrielle?
4. Where do Lestat and Nicolas end up working?
5. As a result of his capture, what has happened to Nicki?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the circumstance when Lestat and Gabrielle awaken in a crypt inside a church?
2. Explain the significance of Lestat's finding Armand at the mortals' ball.
3. Explain the length of time involved in the novel about Lestat.
4. How do the vampires pursuing Lestat and Gabrielle leave a message that they have kidnapped Nicolas?
5. What is Lestat's argument against Armand's vampire ways?
6. What kind of person is the lawyer Roget to whom Lestat trusts his business?
7. How does Armand's story affect Lestat and Gabrielle differently?
8. What prepares Lestat for becoming an actor in Paris?
9. What does Anne Rice use to let the reader know that something dire is going to happen to Lestat?
10. How is the bond between Lestat and Nicki eventually broken?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)