|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gabrielle hear as she and Lestat move through the night?
(a) Laughter in the pubs.
(b) Bells ringing in hell.
(c) Voices of the dead.
(d) Voices of other vampires.
2. What can Lestat see while reading the minds of the vampires?
(a) They are all dying.
(b) They are disorganized.
(c) They plan to drink his blood to get his strength.
(d) Nicolas is being hel prisoner.
3. Who does Lestat look up to help him with his finances?
(a) A pawnbroker named Jacques Bergerac.
(b) A banker named Robespierre.
(c) A lawyer named Pierre Roget.
(d) An accountant named Cratchet.
4. What happens to cause Gabrielle to go into hysterics?
(a) Her other sons show up at the tower.
(b) Her hair she had cut off is grown back.
(c) Faces of vampires appear in the window.
(d) Lestat goes to walk with mortals.
5. Why do Lestat and Gabrielle remain inside the cathedral?
(a) To pray for rescue.
(b) So they can rest for a while.
(c) To look at the statues.
(d) So the vampires outside cannot get to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Armand destroys his coven, what does he try to do?
2. What does Lestat want to do with Nicki?
3. Where does Lestat run into Armand again?
4. What happens to Lestat during the night in the apartment he shares with Nicolas?
5. What is the coven's main objection to Lestat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can Lestat not follow through with his plan to have Nicki take Gabrielle to Italy?
2. In what way is Nicolas more philosophically deep than Lestat?
3. How does Lestat immediately begin adjusting to being a vampire?
4. What makes Lestat want to get Renaud and his troupe of actors out of Paris?
5. Describe the rapture of Lestat as he becomes a vampire.
6. Describe how Lestat and Nicolas become friends.
7. Explain the length of time involved in the novel about Lestat.
8. What kind of person is the lawyer Roget to whom Lestat trusts his business?
9. What is the dependence factor Lestat feels toward Magnus as he learns the old vampire is about to destroy himself?
10. Describe the ability Armand has to absorb a great deal of information quickly.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)