|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made Armand a vampire?
2. What is Armand actually trying to do?
(a) Find the weaknesses of Gabrielle and Lestat.
(b) Reach out to Lestat and Gabrielle.
(c) Alienate Lestat and Gabrielle.
(d) Learn how to live with mortals.
3. What talent does Nicolas have that makes Lestat carried away with emotion?
(a) Playing the violin.
(b) Writing poetry.
4. How does Lestat learn that he can read people's minds?
(a) He is distrubed by the thoughts of people outside.
(b) He senses a human in the tower.
(c) He hears Nicolas calling for him.
(d) He can hear his mother thinking about him.
5. Why does Lestat not kill himself in the fire when he realizes he is a vampire?
(a) The fire has burned too low.
(b) He does not want to die.
(c) He wants to see what being a vampire is like.
(d) The sun is beginning to rise and he must hide.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which member of his family is Lestat most connected?
2. Why does Lestat dictate his letters to Gabrielle in Italian?
3. What is Gabrielle's condition at the beginning of the story?
4. What is it that makes Lestat uneasy watching Gabrielle?
5. Where do Lestat and Armand go after the ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne Rice use to let the reader know that something dire is going to happen to Lestat?
2. How does Gabrielle react to becoming a vampire?
3. Why can Lestat not follow through with his plan to have Nicki take Gabrielle to Italy?
4. What kind of person is the lawyer Roget to whom Lestat trusts his business?
5. What prepares Lestat for becoming an actor in Paris?
6. How is the bond between Lestat and Nicki eventually broken?
7. Where do Gabrielle and Lestat go in Paris to escape the vampires who continue to chase them?
8. Describe how Lestat gets into the kill.
9. Explain the significance of Lestat's finding Armand at the mortals' ball.
10. Confronting Lestat, what is Armand's main objection to Lestat?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)