|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the servant of Magnus who comes into the tower?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He jumps out of the tower window.
(c) He dies of fright.
(d) Lestat kills him.
2. Where do Lestat and Nicolas end up working?
(a) In a bookstore.
(b) In a nightclub.
(c) In a circus.
(d) In a theater.
3. What does Armand agree not to do?
(a) Harm Nicki.
(b) Go to the theater.
(c) Leave Lestat and Gabrielle.
(d) See his old coven members.
4. What is it that Armand insists on but Lestat scorns?
(a) Never making another vampire.
(b) Living by rules.
(c) Publishing a history of the vampires.
(d) Hunting only young mortals.
5. What causes the vampires to start dancing?
(a) News of Armand's death.
(b) A carnival in the city.
(c) Nicki's violin playing.
(d) Gypsie musicians outside the theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lestat want to do when he sees his dying mother?
2. Who made Armand a vampire?
3. What do Gabrielle and Lestat hear as they wake up in the church?
4. What can Lestat see while reading the minds of the vampires?
5. Why does Gabrielle give gold to Lestat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the event that lets Nicolas know that Lestat has changed?
2. Explain the length of time involved in the novel about Lestat.
3. What is Lestat's argument against Armand's vampire ways?
4. Explain the significance of Lestat's finding Armand at the mortals' ball.
5. In what way is Nicolas more philosophically deep than Lestat?
6. Describe the rapture of Lestat as he becomes a vampire.
7. What is the circumstance when Lestat and Gabrielle awaken in a crypt inside a church?
8. Where do Gabrielle and Lestat go in Paris to escape the vampires who continue to chase them?
9. What does Anne Rice use to let the reader know that something dire is going to happen to Lestat?
10. Describe the ability Armand has to absorb a great deal of information quickly.
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)