|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What talent does Nicolas have that makes Lestat carried away with emotion?
(b) Playing the violin.
(c) Writing poetry.
2. What does Lestat suggest to Armand?
(a) That he study books in a library.
(b) That he leave the continent.
(c) That he go into the fire.
(d) That he learn about the current age.
3. Where does Lestat run into Armand again?
(a) At Renaud's theater.
(b) At a mortals' ball.
(c) At the tower.
(d) At Les Innocents.
4. How does Lestat leave Armand's coven?
(a) Carrying a torch to keep Armand away.
(b) Flying like a bat.
(c) Carrying Gabrielle and Nicolas.
(d) Escaping through a window.
5. What does Lestat go to find to try and help calm Nicki down?
(a) Some new books.
(b) His father.
(c) Some fresh blood.
(d) His violin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as the vampire begins to drain Lestat's blood?
2. Which vampire has published a tell all book about vampires?
3. Where do Lestat and Gabrielle go to seek refuge from the vampires?
4. What happens to cause Gabrielle to go into hysterics?
5. What does Armand agree not to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Gabrielle and Lestat go in Paris to escape the vampires who continue to chase them?
2. Explain the significance of Lestat's finding Armand at the mortals' ball.
3. What are the reactions to Lestat's sudden ascent into wealth?
4. How does Armand's story affect Lestat and Gabrielle differently?
5. How does Anne rice introduce the character of Armand?
6. How does Armand try to deceive Lestat and Gabrielle in order to keep them with him?
7. Describe the ability Armand has to absorb a great deal of information quickly.
8. What kind of person is the lawyer Roget to whom Lestat trusts his business?
9. Confronting Lestat, what is Armand's main objection to Lestat?
10. What is the circumstance that changes Armand into a vampire?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)