|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lestat show Gabrielle the next night after she becomes a vampire?
(a) The way to light the tower.
(b) How to levitate.
(c) The jewels and treasure in the tower.
(d) Where to escape the tower.
2. What is The Vampire Lestat?
(a) One Who Must Be Kept.
(b) A rock band.
(c) A newspaper column.
(d) A restaurant.
3. What does Armand do without Lestat's permission?
(a) He tells everyone Lestat is a vampire.
(b) He runs away with Gabrielle.
(c) He drinks from him.
(d) He kills one of the mortals at the ball.
4. What future friend of Lestat's does he meet when a committee comes to reward his bravery?
(c) Nicolas .
(d) Misseur de Lenfent.
5. What is the coven's main objection to Lestat?
(a) That he made a vampire of his mother.
(b) That he had made himself known to mortals.
(c) That he was not in a coven.
(d) That he had so much wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lestat and Gabrielle know about the vampires and Nicki?
2. What do the other vampires do that infuriates Lestat?
3. What does Armand's story make Lestat think?
4. What is it that Armand insists on but Lestat scorns?
5. From where did Armand originate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Confronting Lestat, what is Armand's main objection to Lestat?
2. How does Anne rice introduce the character of Armand?
3. How does Gabrielle react to becoming a vampire?
4. Explain the significance of Lestat's finding Armand at the mortals' ball.
5. Explain the length of time involved in the novel about Lestat.
6. What are the reactions to Lestat's sudden ascent into wealth?
7. In what way is Nicolas more philosophically deep than Lestat?
8. What makes Lestat want to get Renaud and his troupe of actors out of Paris?
9. What is Nicki's idea about the repertoire of the theater now called Theater of the Vampires?
10. How does Armand's story affect Lestat and Gabrielle differently?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)