|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lestat want to do as a vampire?
(a) Make another vampire to be his friend.
(b) Pass himself off as a mortal.
(c) Kill as many as he can find alone.
(d) Find other vampires to ask questions.
2. Which vampire has published a tell all book about vampires?
3. What is it that makes Lestat uneasy watching Gabrielle?
(a) When she climbs a wall.
(b) When she changes her clothes.
(c) When she makes a kill.
(d) When she makes a mistake.
4. Who does Lestat look up to help him with his finances?
(a) A pawnbroker named Jacques Bergerac.
(b) A banker named Robespierre.
(c) An accountant named Cratchet.
(d) A lawyer named Pierre Roget.
5. Who is the one person who is not happy to hear of Lestat's good fortune?
(c) M. de Lioncourt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Lestat receive about his mother?
2. What happens as the vampire begins to drain Lestat's blood?
3. What does Gabrielle hear as she and Lestat move through the night?
4. What does Gabrielle say is her dying wish?
5. Why is Gabrielle afraid of the tower after the other vampires come around?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it necessary for Lestat to make a quick getaway from his family home?
2. How does Lestat immediately begin adjusting to being a vampire?
3. Explain the length of time involved in the novel about Lestat.
4. What is Lestat's argument against Armand's vampire ways?
5. How do the vampires pursuing Lestat and Gabrielle leave a message that they have kidnapped Nicolas?
6. What is the event that lets Nicolas know that Lestat has changed?
7. Explain the significance of Lestat's finding Armand at the mortals' ball.
8. How is the bond between Lestat and Nicki eventually broken?
9. How does Armand try to deceive Lestat and Gabrielle in order to keep them with him?
10. Describe how Lestat and Nicolas become friends.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)