|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lestat do onstage at the theater?
(a) Shows his fangs and drinks blood.
(b) A performance that frightens the audience.
(c) A repeat of his old Lelio character.
(d) Bites the head off a rat.
2. What news does Lestat receive about his mother?
(a) She is near death in Lyons.
(b) She has committed suicide.
(c) She has died and is buried.
(d) She is in Paris and she is dying.
3. What does Lestat suggest to Armand?
(a) That he learn about the current age.
(b) That he go into the fire.
(c) That he study books in a library.
(d) That he leave the continent.
4. What is it that Armand insists on but Lestat scorns?
(a) Living by rules.
(b) Hunting only young mortals.
(c) Never making another vampire.
(d) Publishing a history of the vampires.
5. What is The Vampire Lestat?
(a) A newspaper column.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A rock band.
(d) One Who Must Be Kept.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gabrielle agree to become a vampire?
2. Why does Gabrielle encourage Lestat to make friends with Nicolas?
3. Why does Lestat not kill himself in the fire when he realizes he is a vampire?
4. What is the word Lestat hears that haunts him?
5. What is the coven's main objection to Lestat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can Lestat not follow through with his plan to have Nicki take Gabrielle to Italy?
2. What is the circumstance that changes Armand into a vampire?
3. What makes Lestat want to get Renaud and his troupe of actors out of Paris?
4. What prepares Lestat for becoming an actor in Paris?
5. What are the reactions to Lestat's sudden ascent into wealth?
6. Describe the ability Armand has to absorb a great deal of information quickly.
7. Describe how Lestat gets into the kill.
8. How does Lestat come to know that Magnus had been looking for one like him for quite some time?
9. How does Gabrielle react to becoming a vampire?
10. What is Lestat's argument against Armand's vampire ways?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)