|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicki manage to do while Lestat is visiting Roget?
(a) Find Armand and try to kill him.
(b) Escape from Gabrielle.
(c) Kill an innocent child.
(d) Join what is left of Armand's coven.
2. What does Nicki do when he senses the presence of Lestat?
(a) Starts shouting.
(b) Looks out the window.
(c) Leaves his room.
(d) Plays his violin.
3. After Armand destroys his coven, what does he try to do?
(a) To find himself another coven.
(b) To find Lestat and kill him.
(c) To reach out to Lestat for companionship.
(d) To leave Paris and go to Egypt.
4. Which vampire has published a tell all book about vampires?
5. Where does Lestat run into Armand again?
(a) At the tower.
(b) At a mortals' ball.
(c) At Les Innocents.
(d) At Renaud's theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lestat and Nicolas call that moment of drunkenness when everything makes sense?
2. What do Gabrielle and Lestat hear as they wake up in the church?
3. What does Lestat want to do with Nicki?
4. What business does Lestat purchase?
5. What can Lestat see while reading the minds of the vampires?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gabrielle stick around after Lestat receives the Stradivarius in Cairo?
2. Why can Lestat not follow through with his plan to have Nicki take Gabrielle to Italy?
3. What is the circumstance when Lestat and Gabrielle awaken in a crypt inside a church?
4. What is the dependence factor Lestat feels toward Magnus as he learns the old vampire is about to destroy himself?
5. Where does Lestat go after leaving Marius and how does he like his new surroundings?
6. Define the literary usage of the dream Lestat has.
7. In what way is Nicolas more philosophically deep than Lestat?
8. What prepares Lestat for becoming an actor in Paris?
9. What nearly disastrous thing does Lestat do in New Orleans?
10. How does Armand's story affect Lestat and Gabrielle differently?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)