|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Gabrielle and Lestat frighten the worshipers?
(a) They levitate the crypt.
(b) They make wailing sounds in the crypt.
(c) They open the crypt and stand up like statues.
(d) They jump out of the crypt during the mass.
2. What do Lestat and Gabrielle discover when they return the next night to the tower?
(a) The tower has fallen to the ground.
(b) Vampires huddled around their window.
(c) Someone broke in and stole the jewels.
(d) A message from other vampires.
3. What does Armand agree not to do?
(a) See his old coven members.
(b) Go to the theater.
(c) Leave Lestat and Gabrielle.
(d) Harm Nicki.
4. After seeing Nicki, where does Lestat go the next night?
(a) To walk along the Seine.
(b) To the top of the Eiffel Tower.
(c) To the House of Thespians.
(d) To the Comedie Francaise.
5. What do the other vampires do that infuriates Lestat?
(a) Set fire to the tower.
(b) Threaten to kill him and Gabrielle.
(c) Kill his stable boy.
(d) Howl like wolves.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Lestat transformed into a vampire?
2. Why is Gabrielle afraid of the tower after the other vampires come around?
3. What lie does Armand tell the remaining members of his former coven?
4. Who made Armand a vampire?
5. Why does Gabrielle agree to become a vampire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the bond between Lestat and Nicki eventually broken?
2. How is Marius aided in the process of taking Those Who Must Be Kept out of Egypt?
3. Why does Gabrielle stick around after Lestat receives the Stradivarius in Cairo?
4. How does Marius let Lestat know that he has nothing to fear while he is a guest in his house?
5. Explain the significance of Lestat's finding Armand at the mortals' ball.
6. When Lestat cannot locate Marius and Gabrielle takes off for deep Africa, how does the reader see Lestat's depression?
7. Having returned in 1984, what is Lestat about to do that has other vampires up in arms?
8. What are the reactions to Lestat's sudden ascent into wealth?
9. In Alexandria, what does Marius learn about the beginnings of vampires and what happened to turn them all black and charred?
10. How does the old vampire's prediction come true for Marius?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)