|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do all of the dead bodies in the tower have in common?
(a) They are all smiling.
(b) They all have blond hair and blue eyes.
(c) They are all tall and thin.
(d) They are all criminals.
2. What is Armand actually trying to do?
(a) Learn how to live with mortals.
(b) Alienate Lestat and Gabrielle.
(c) Find the weaknesses of Gabrielle and Lestat.
(d) Reach out to Lestat and Gabrielle.
3. What causes the vampires to start dancing?
(a) Nicki's violin playing.
(b) News of Armand's death.
(c) Gypsie musicians outside the theater.
(d) A carnival in the city.
4. Where does Armand take Lestat and Gabrielle?
(a) Back to the tower.
(b) Into a bat cave.
(c) To the lair under Les Innocents cemetery.
(d) Beneath Renaud's theater.
5. Why does Lestat dictate his letters to Gabrielle in Italian?
(a) So Nicolas will be impressed.
(b) So only she will know what is in them.
(c) So she will think he is in school.
(d) So his father and brothers can read them, too.
Short Answer Questions
1. After seeing Nicki, where does Lestat go the next night?
2. Why does Gabrielle agree to become a vampire?
3. How does Nicki face Lestat after the escape from Armand's coven?
4. Which vampire has published a tell all book about vampires?
5. How does Lestat feel about the gold and jewels in the tower?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the ability Armand has to absorb a great deal of information quickly.
2. Describe how Lestat and Nicolas become friends.
3. How does Lestat immediately begin adjusting to being a vampire?
4. What does Anne Rice use to let the reader know that something dire is going to happen to Lestat?
5. How does Armand try to deceive Lestat and Gabrielle in order to keep them with him?
6. What is Nicki's idea about the repertoire of the theater now called Theater of the Vampires?
7. Explain the length of time involved in the novel about Lestat.
8. What makes Lestat want to get Renaud and his troupe of actors out of Paris?
9. What are the reactions to Lestat's sudden ascent into wealth?
10. What is the circumstance when Lestat and Gabrielle awaken in a crypt inside a church?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)