|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as the vampire begins to drain Lestat's blood?
(a) He feels himself dying.
(b) He faints from fright.
(c) He tries to fight the vampire off.
(d) He has dreamlike images.
2. What is Gabrielle's first night as a vampire like?
(a) Long because she has many questions.
(b) Dangerous as she makes her first kill.
(c) Long as she tests out her powers.
(d) Short because she tires easily.
3. What does Lestat find laid out for him in the tower?
(a) A black cape and a tuxedo.
(b) His red cloak and a set of fine clothes.
(c) A blue velvet suit with a ruffled shirt.
(d) Some of Nicolas' fine garments.
4. What does Gabrielle hear as she and Lestat move through the night?
(a) Bells ringing in hell.
(b) Voices of other vampires.
(c) Laughter in the pubs.
(d) Voices of the dead.
5. How does Lestat recognize it was a mistake to change Nicki?
(a) Nicki's anger has made him powerful.
(b) He cannot stand the sight of him now.
(c) Nicki goes back to join the coven.
(d) He listenes to Gabrielle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the word Lestat hears that haunts him?
2. What does Armand's story make Lestat think?
3. What news does Lestat receive about his mother?
4. What lie does Armand tell the remaining members of his former coven?
5. What do Nicolas and Lestat propose to do to spite their families?
Short Essay Questions
1. Confronting Lestat, what is Armand's main objection to Lestat?
2. Describe how Lestat gets into the kill.
3. Where does Marius begin the story of his life as he relates it to Lestat?
4. Where does Lestat go after leaving Marius and how does he like his new surroundings?
5. What happens to Lestat after Marius saves him from being destroyed by Enkil?
6. Having returned in 1984, what is Lestat about to do that has other vampires up in arms?
7. How is the bond between Lestat and Nicki eventually broken?
8. Why is Gabrielle's idea of freedom much different from Lestat's?
9. Why can Lestat not follow through with his plan to have Nicki take Gabrielle to Italy?
10. What is so frightening to Lestat about Those Who Must Be Kept?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)