|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lestat dictate his letters to Gabrielle in Italian?
(a) So his father and brothers can read them, too.
(b) So only she will know what is in them.
(c) So she will think he is in school.
(d) So Nicolas will be impressed.
2. Why does Lestat climb a wall?
(a) To escape the other vampires.
(b) To see Nicki.
(c) To see the skyline.
(d) To look for Magnus.
3. What do Gabrielle and Lestat hear as they wake up in the church?
(a) An organ playing Mozart.
(b) Thieves robbing the church.
(c) A mass being said.
(d) A sanctuary full of vampires.
4. Who goes to the theater to make excuses for Lestat's behavior?
5. After Armand destroys his coven, what does he try to do?
(a) To find himself another coven.
(b) To find Lestat and kill him.
(c) To leave Paris and go to Egypt.
(d) To reach out to Lestat for companionship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gabrielle's first night as a vampire like?
2. What do Lestat and Gabrielle discover when they return the next night to the tower?
3. What does Gabrielle hear as she and Lestat move through the night?
4. How does Lestat learn that he can read people's minds?
5. What does Lestat suggest to Armand?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lestat come to know that Magnus had been looking for one like him for quite some time?
2. Describe the rapture of Lestat as he becomes a vampire.
3. What is the circumstance that changes Armand into a vampire?
4. Describe how Lestat and Nicolas become friends.
5. Why is it necessary for Lestat to make a quick getaway from his family home?
6. How does Lestat immediately begin adjusting to being a vampire?
7. What is the dependence factor Lestat feels toward Magnus as he learns the old vampire is about to destroy himself?
8. Describe the ability Armand has to absorb a great deal of information quickly.
9. What kind of person is the lawyer Roget to whom Lestat trusts his business?
10. What prepares Lestat for becoming an actor in Paris?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)