|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lestat want to do with Nicki?
(a) Send him abroad where he will be safe.
(b) Send him to Russia to study music.
(c) Teach him how to live with a vampire.
(d) Make him a vampire.
2. What does Nicki declare about the theater?
(a) It will be burned to the ground.
(b) It will now be called Theater of the Vampires.
(c) It will be turned into a restaurant.
(d) It will never put on another show.
3. What is the coven's main objection to Lestat?
(a) That he was not in a coven.
(b) That he had so much wealth.
(c) That he had made himself known to mortals.
(d) That he made a vampire of his mother.
4. What is Gabrielle's condition at the beginning of the story?
(a) She is a vampire.
(b) She is dying.
(c) She is planning to run away.
(d) She is pregnant.
5. Where is Lestat when he wakes up?
(a) In his own bed.
(b) In the cellar of the theater.
(c) In the vampire's tower.
(d) Under the Cathedral Notre Dame.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Gabrielle afraid of the tower after the other vampires come around?
2. What is it that makes Lestat uneasy watching Gabrielle?
3. What happens as the vampire begins to drain Lestat's blood?
4. What lie does Armand tell the remaining members of his former coven?
5. What does Lestat want to do when he sees his dying mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the event that lets Nicolas know that Lestat has changed?
2. What kind of person is the lawyer Roget to whom Lestat trusts his business?
3. What are the reactions to Lestat's sudden ascent into wealth?
4. How does Armand try to deceive Lestat and Gabrielle in order to keep them with him?
5. Describe how Lestat gets into the kill.
6. What is the dependence factor Lestat feels toward Magnus as he learns the old vampire is about to destroy himself?
7. How is the bond between Lestat and Nicki eventually broken?
8. How does Anne rice introduce the character of Armand?
9. How do the vampires pursuing Lestat and Gabrielle leave a message that they have kidnapped Nicolas?
10. Confronting Lestat, what is Armand's main objection to Lestat?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)