|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gabrielle agree to become a vampire?
(a) So she can travel the world.
(b) So she can cheat death.
(c) So she can kill her husband.
(d) So she can control Lestat.
2. What happens to Lestat during the night in the apartment he shares with Nicolas?
(a) He becomes deathly ill.
(b) He is snatched through the window.
(c) He begins to sleepwalk.
(d) He has terrible nightmares.
3. Where is Lestat when he wakes up?
(a) In the vampire's tower.
(b) In the cellar of the theater.
(c) Under the Cathedral Notre Dame.
(d) In his own bed.
4. How does Lestat learn that he can read people's minds?
(a) He senses a human in the tower.
(b) He can hear his mother thinking about him.
(c) He hears Nicolas calling for him.
(d) He is distrubed by the thoughts of people outside.
5. What does Lestat want to do as a vampire?
(a) Find other vampires to ask questions.
(b) Kill as many as he can find alone.
(c) Pass himself off as a mortal.
(d) Make another vampire to be his friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nicki face Lestat after the escape from Armand's coven?
2. What does Gabrielle say is her dying wish?
3. What does Lestat defeat that makes him a local hero?
4. What business does Lestat purchase?
5. What does Lestat want to do when he sees his dying mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Lestat after Marius saves him from being destroyed by Enkil?
2. How do the vampires pursuing Lestat and Gabrielle leave a message that they have kidnapped Nicolas?
3. How does the old vampire's prediction come true for Marius?
4. what are the two major topics of interest to Lestat as he reads mail from Paris?
5. Explain the significance of Lestat's finding Armand at the mortals' ball.
6. Describe the ability Armand has to absorb a great deal of information quickly.
7. What makes Lestat want to get Renaud and his troupe of actors out of Paris?
8. In what way is Marius different from Armand as Lestat raises his questions?
9. What is the circumstance that changes Armand into a vampire?
10. How does Marius at first react to the story of the creation of the vampires?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)