|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lestat recognize it was a mistake to change Nicki?
(a) Nicki goes back to join the coven.
(b) He cannot stand the sight of him now.
(c) Nicki's anger has made him powerful.
(d) He listenes to Gabrielle.
2. What is Armand actually trying to do?
(a) Learn how to live with mortals.
(b) Find the weaknesses of Gabrielle and Lestat.
(c) Reach out to Lestat and Gabrielle.
(d) Alienate Lestat and Gabrielle.
3. What does Lestat want to do with Nicki?
(a) Send him to Russia to study music.
(b) Send him abroad where he will be safe.
(c) Make him a vampire.
(d) Teach him how to live with a vampire.
4. What is the word Lestat hears that haunts him?
(a) Gold digger.
(b) Evil doer.
5. What does Lestat want to do as a vampire?
(a) Kill as many as he can find alone.
(b) Pass himself off as a mortal.
(c) Make another vampire to be his friend.
(d) Find other vampires to ask questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the coven's main objection to Lestat?
2. What does Armand want from Gabrielle and Lestat?
3. What causes the vampires to start dancing?
4. Where do they go to sleep the night after the other vampires showed up?
5. Who made Armand a vampire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the reactions to Lestat's sudden ascent into wealth?
2. Describe how Lestat gets into the kill.
3. Why can Lestat not follow through with his plan to have Nicki take Gabrielle to Italy?
4. What is Lestat's argument against Armand's vampire ways?
5. What is the circumstance when Lestat and Gabrielle awaken in a crypt inside a church?
6. What does Anne Rice use to let the reader know that something dire is going to happen to Lestat?
7. What prepares Lestat for becoming an actor in Paris?
8. How does Anne rice introduce the character of Armand?
9. How does Armand's story affect Lestat and Gabrielle differently?
10. How does Lestat immediately begin adjusting to being a vampire?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)