|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Lestat and Gabrielle remain inside the cathedral?
(a) So the vampires outside cannot get to them.
(b) So they can rest for a while.
(c) To look at the statues.
(d) To pray for rescue.
2. What does Armand want from Gabrielle and Lestat?
(a) To travel to America with them.
(b) To form a new coven.
(c) To get them to leave Paris.
(d) To get part of Lestat's wealth.
3. What is Armand actually trying to do?
(a) Find the weaknesses of Gabrielle and Lestat.
(b) Learn how to live with mortals.
(c) Alienate Lestat and Gabrielle.
(d) Reach out to Lestat and Gabrielle.
4. Why does Lestat not kill himself in the fire when he realizes he is a vampire?
(a) He does not want to die.
(b) He wants to see what being a vampire is like.
(c) The fire has burned too low.
(d) The sun is beginning to rise and he must hide.
5. What can Lestat see while reading the minds of the vampires?
(a) They plan to drink his blood to get his strength.
(b) Nicolas is being hel prisoner.
(c) They are all dying.
(d) They are disorganized.
Short Answer Questions
1. After seeing Nicki, where does Lestat go the next night?
2. What do Lestat and Gabrielle discover when they return the next night to the tower?
3. Where is Lestat when he wakes up?
4. What does Lestat want to do with Nicki?
5. What is the coven's main objection to Lestat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Gabrielle and Lestat go in Paris to escape the vampires who continue to chase them?
2. What is the circumstance when Lestat and Gabrielle awaken in a crypt inside a church?
3. What is the dependence factor Lestat feels toward Magnus as he learns the old vampire is about to destroy himself?
4. What kind of person is the lawyer Roget to whom Lestat trusts his business?
5. What is the event that lets Nicolas know that Lestat has changed?
6. How does Lestat immediately begin adjusting to being a vampire?
7. What prepares Lestat for becoming an actor in Paris?
8. Explain the significance of Lestat's finding Armand at the mortals' ball.
9. Why is it necessary for Lestat to make a quick getaway from his family home?
10. What makes Lestat want to get Renaud and his troupe of actors out of Paris?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)