|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lestat climb a wall?
(a) To see Nicki.
(b) To see the skyline.
(c) To look for Magnus.
(d) To escape the other vampires.
2. From where did Armand originate?
(a) In Nepal.
(b) In Russia.
(c) In Turkey.
(d) In China.
3. What is Lestat's family situation just before the French Revolution?
(a) Impoverished nobility.
(b) Feudal servants.
(c) Middle class merchants.
(d) Wealthy land barons.
4. Where do they go to sleep the night after the other vampires showed up?
(a) In the cellar of the theater.
(b) An old burial crypt in a church.
(c) In a cemetery.
(d) Deep in the earth.
5. What happened to him as a boy?
(a) He was sold as a slave in Venice.
(b) He was adopted by a Turk.
(c) He was abandoned in Alaska.
(d) He was taken to see the Tsar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lestat when he wakes up?
2. What does Lestat do onstage at the theater?
3. Who does Lestat look up to help him with his finances?
4. What does Lestat want to do as a vampire?
5. What does Lestat defeat that makes him a local hero?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the bond between Lestat and Nicki eventually broken?
2. Describe the ability Armand has to absorb a great deal of information quickly.
3. Confronting Lestat, what is Armand's main objection to Lestat?
4. What makes Lestat want to get Renaud and his troupe of actors out of Paris?
5. Why can Lestat not follow through with his plan to have Nicki take Gabrielle to Italy?
6. Why is it necessary for Lestat to make a quick getaway from his family home?
7. What is the event that lets Nicolas know that Lestat has changed?
8. Describe how Lestat gets into the kill.
9. Explain the significance of Lestat's finding Armand at the mortals' ball.
10. What prepares Lestat for becoming an actor in Paris?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)