|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lestat want to do when he sees his dying mother?
(a) Kill his father.
(b) Go out of her room and cry.
(c) Make her a vampire.
(d) Take her to Italy.
2. How does Lestat recognize it was a mistake to change Nicki?
(a) He listenes to Gabrielle.
(b) Nicki goes back to join the coven.
(c) Nicki's anger has made him powerful.
(d) He cannot stand the sight of him now.
3. What does Lestat do onstage at the theater?
(a) Bites the head off a rat.
(b) A repeat of his old Lelio character.
(c) A performance that frightens the audience.
(d) Shows his fangs and drinks blood.
4. What does Armand agree not to do?
(a) Leave Lestat and Gabrielle.
(b) Harm Nicki.
(c) See his old coven members.
(d) Go to the theater.
5. Who enters the cathedral to bring them out?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the servant of Magnus who comes into the tower?
2. Why does Lestat dictate his letters to Gabrielle in Italian?
3. What does Armand do without Lestat's permission?
4. What does Nicki declare about the theater?
5. What do Nicolas and Lestat propose to do to spite their families?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Nicki's idea about the repertoire of the theater now called Theater of the Vampires?
2. What is the circumstance when Lestat and Gabrielle awaken in a crypt inside a church?
3. What is the event that lets Nicolas know that Lestat has changed?
4. Confronting Lestat, what is Armand's main objection to Lestat?
5. Why is it necessary for Lestat to make a quick getaway from his family home?
6. How does Anne rice introduce the character of Armand?
7. How is the bond between Lestat and Nicki eventually broken?
8. How does Lestat immediately begin adjusting to being a vampire?
9. Describe how Lestat gets into the kill.
10. How does Armand try to deceive Lestat and Gabrielle in order to keep them with him?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)