|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Lestat during the night in the apartment he shares with Nicolas?
(a) He has terrible nightmares.
(b) He is snatched through the window.
(c) He begins to sleepwalk.
(d) He becomes deathly ill.
2. What does Gabrielle hear as she and Lestat move through the night?
(a) Laughter in the pubs.
(b) Voices of other vampires.
(c) Voices of the dead.
(d) Bells ringing in hell.
3. What does Lestat want to do when he sees his dying mother?
(a) Take her to Italy.
(b) Go out of her room and cry.
(c) Kill his father.
(d) Make her a vampire.
4. What does Armand's story make Lestat think?
(a) That the satanic coven is good.
(b) That Armand does not know Marius.
(c) That Armand is insane.
(d) That Marius is still alive.
5. What do Nicolas and Lestat propose to do to spite their families?
(a) Live together in the village.
(b) Run away to Paris.
(c) Burn the crops.
(d) Write a novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gabrielle's condition at the beginning of the story?
2. Who does Lestat look up to help him with his finances?
3. Why does Gabrielle give gold to Lestat?
4. What does Nicki do when he senses the presence of Lestat?
5. Where do Lestat and Nicolas end up working?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marius receive no information about the calamity that befell the old god of the Druids?
2. Where does Marius begin the story of his life as he relates it to Lestat?
3. Having returned in 1984, what is Lestat about to do that has other vampires up in arms?
4. How does Marius let Lestat know that he has nothing to fear while he is a guest in his house?
5. Predictably, after being warned by Marius not to return to the chapel where the Mother and Father are kept, what does Lestat do?
6. What is Nicki's idea about the repertoire of the theater now called Theater of the Vampires?
7. Confronting Lestat, what is Armand's main objection to Lestat?
8. What special privilege is given Marius as he prepares to remove the ancient vampires?
9. Why is Gabrielle's idea of freedom much different from Lestat's?
10. How do the riots start at Lestat's San Francisco rock concert?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)