|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marius encounter when he is forty years old?
(a) A vampire.
(b) A prince.
(c) A Roman.
(d) A Keltoi.
2. What memory does Lestat dwell on from his past?
(a) The time when he was close to his mother.
(b) Time with Those Who Must Be Kept.
(c) His relationship with Nicki.
(d) Life with Louis and Claudia.
3. What are the images in Lestat's next warning?
(a) Mountains and valleys.
(b) Snow and ice.
(c) Fire and brinstone.
(d) Wind and rain.
4. What is the one thing Marius is pleased about Lestat's breaking his rule?
(a) That he provoked activity from Those Who Must Be Kept.
(b) That it will be easier now to move Those Who Must Be Kept.
(c) That he has an excuse to get rid of Lestat.
(d) That Lestat will now fear Those Who Must Be Kept.
5. How does Lestat react to Those Who Must Be Kept?
(a) He thinks Marius has lost his mind.
(b) He is bored and wants to go hunting.
(c) He is intrigued and wants to stay a long time.
(d) He is frightened and wants to leave their chapel.
6. When, according to another burnt vampire, were their kind created?
(a) Six thousand years ago.
(b) Ten thousand years ago.
(c) One thousand years ago.
(d) Four thousand years ago.
7. What is Marius main goal about Those Who Must Be Kept?
(a) That he will dress them in better clothes.
(b) That no one will find or harm them.
(c) That he can get them to wake up.
(d) That they will reward him for his loyalty.
8. Where does Marius take Lestat?
(a) To a gold mine.
(b) To his secret home.
(c) To the bottom a pyramid.
(d) To his coven.
9. What does Marius realize as he looks at the badly burnt god?
(a) That he has been a captive too long.
(b) That he cannot be mortal.
(c) That he had an accident at the sacrifice.
(d) That he has tried to kill himself.
10. How was the first vampire created?
(a) When the King attempted to exorcise a demon.
(b) When an alien being came to Egypt.
(c) When the King and Queen were embalmed.
(d) When the Queen was bitten by a bat.
11. What is the Samhain?
(a) The warrior tribe of Ireland.
(b) The holy book of the Druids.
(c) The tribal council of the Druids.
(d) The ritual Marius will take part in.
12. Starving, what happens to Lestat?
(a) He eats earthworms.
(b) He hallucinates.
(c) He believes it is the end for him.
(d) He tries to dig himself out of the earth.
13. What does Marius learn happened to the Mother and the Father that caused all vampires to burn?
(a) They were exposed to radiation.
(b) They were left out in the sun.
(c) They were thrown into a kiln.
(d) They were in a fire in the temple.
14. Seriously wounded, where does Lestat go to regain his strength?
(a) To Marius.
(b) To Gabrielle.
(c) To Armand.
(d) To Those Who Must Be Kept.
15. What does Gabrielle not understand about Lestat?
(a) His weakness for Armand.
(b) His need for a coven.
(c) His connection to mortals.
(d) His unwillingness to talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Lestat prepares to go to the New World, where is Gabrielle planning to go?
2. Leaving the theater behind, what do Gabrielle and Lestat do?
3. How is the house of the vampire Marius decorated?
4. In the dream, which brother celebrates Lestat?
5. At what point does Marius begin to understand?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)