|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did more vampires come into being?
(a) They were made by the Mother and Father.
(b) They encountered more demons.
(c) They cut the Mother and Father and drank their blood.
(d) They were scratched by the Mother's fingernails.
2. What is the condition of the old god?
(a) He is ready to die.
(b) He is helpless and cannot move.
(c) He is powerful but ready to leave.
(d) He is starving but cannot eat.
3. Why does Marius become interested in the stranger in the tavern?
(a) To teach him French customs.
(b) To interview his people.
(c) To hear his sea tales.
(d) To learn ancient ways.
4. What does Gabrielle think about Marius?
(a) That he will not see Lestat.
(b) That he cannot tell them anything.
(c) That he is dead.
(d) That he is a fiction.
5. What has Lestat done in coming to New Orleans that is a first for vampires?
(a) Live for weeks without blood.
(b) Leave the place where he was made.
(c) Go to visit mortal relatives.
(d) Travel across the Atlantic Ocean.
6. After learning Armand's story, what does Lestat want to do?
(a) Form a coven.
(b) Find Marius.
(c) Take Armand under his wing.
(d) Leave with Gabrielle and sleep in the earth.
7. What has Lestat been doing to upset the vampires?
(a) Breaking all the rules and telling vampire secrets.
(b) Killing too many people close to home.
(c) Making himself into a big mystery.
(d) Becoming more wealthy than before.
8. After examining the house, what does Lestat do?
(a) He plans his escape from Marius.
(b) He goes to find Marius.
(c) He goes back to his room to sleep.
(d) He decides to build a house like this.
9. What is the turnout for Lestat's concert?
(a) People are firghtened and stay away.
(b) Only a few vampires show up.
(c) It is sold out.
(d) Marius comes and scares everyone away.
10. In the dream, which brother celebrates Lestat?
(a) The one who wrote him letters.
(b) The one who hated him as a mortal.
(c) The one who scorned his wolf kill.
(d) The one who loves him the most.
11. What is the message Marius gets about the Mother and Father?
(a) To come and drink their blood.
(b) To bury them deep in the desert.
(c) To get them out of Egypt.
(d) To stop trying to find them.
12. When, according to another burnt vampire, were their kind created?
(a) Ten thousand years ago.
(b) Four thousand years ago.
(c) One thousand years ago.
(d) Six thousand years ago.
13. How does Lestat react to the city of New Orleans?
(a) He dislikes the phony French atmosphere.
(b) He is pleasantly surprised and immediately likes the city.
(c) He thinks it is terrible and longs for Paris.
(d) He worries about being the only vampire in the city.
14. Why does Lestat stay under the earth after hearing the beating sound?
(a) He is too curious to get up.
(b) He is too afraid to get up.
(c) He is too weak to get himself up.
(d) He is too comfortable to get up.
15. How does Lestat react to Those Who Must Be Kept?
(a) He is frightened and wants to leave their chapel.
(b) He is intrigued and wants to stay a long time.
(c) He is bored and wants to go hunting.
(d) He thinks Marius has lost his mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lestat go about trying to find Marius?
2. How is the house of the vampire Marius decorated?
3. What happens during the night at Marius' rented house?
4. What does the stranger in the tavern do to Marius?
5. How did Marius find Lestat?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)