|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Using mental telepathy, what does the female give to Lestat?
(a) The way to call her.
(b) A smile.
(c) A warning.
(d) Her name, Akasha.
2. What do the vampires call the process of making another vampire?
(a) The Dark Action.
(b) The Dark Trick.
(c) The Dark Time.
(d) The Dark Transformation.
3. What property does Lestat own in New Orleans?
(a) Several vampire bars.
(b) Many homes.
(c) A mausoleum.
(d) A hotel.
4. What is Nicki's condition that causes everyone to keep a close eye on him?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is despondent.
(c) He is mad.
(d) He is weak.
5. What is Lestat planning to do in San Francisco?
(a) Write his memoirs.
(b) Look for Louis.
(c) Perform a rock concert.
(d) Build a new house.
6. What memory does Lestat dwell on from his past?
(a) The time when he was close to his mother.
(b) Time with Those Who Must Be Kept.
(c) Life with Louis and Claudia.
(d) His relationship with Nicki.
7. How does Lestat react to Those Who Must Be Kept?
(a) He is intrigued and wants to stay a long time.
(b) He is bored and wants to go hunting.
(c) He is frightened and wants to leave their chapel.
(d) He thinks Marius has lost his mind.
8. What is the Samhain?
(a) The ritual Marius will take part in.
(b) The warrior tribe of Ireland.
(c) The holy book of the Druids.
(d) The tribal council of the Druids.
9. Where does Lestat want to go that Marius has forbidden?
(a) The sanctuary of Those Who Must Be Kept.
(b) Down into the village.
(c) Back to Egypt.
(d) Back to Paris.
10. Who pulls Lestat from the ground?
11. Who chooses Marius to be the new god?
(b) The tribal council.
(c) The stars.
(d) The old god.
12. What is happening in Paris while Lestat and Gabrielle are traveling?
(a) A fire ravages the city.
(b) A renewed interest in the theater.
(c) The beginnings of the French Revolution.
(d) The plague.
13. What is Marius main goal about Those Who Must Be Kept?
(a) That no one will find or harm them.
(b) That he can get them to wake up.
(c) That he will dress them in better clothes.
(d) That they will reward him for his loyalty.
14. Where does Marius take Lestat?
(a) To his coven.
(b) To his secret home.
(c) To the bottom a pyramid.
(d) To a gold mine.
15. What is the problem with Enkil?
(a) He cannot hear the violin music.
(b) He tries to kill Ashaka.
(c) He is jealous and tries to kill Lestat.
(d) He has turned to solid stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the burnt creature tell Marius?
2. Where is Marius led when he arrives in Alexandria?
3. What does Marius realize as he looks at the badly burnt god?
4. What is Louis' concern about the concert?
5. Who keeps Lestat informed about what is going on in France?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)