|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lestat think of while buried in the earth?
(a) Why he cannot find Marius.
(b) Nicki's Stradivarius.
(c) All his wealth.
(d) His father and brothers.
2. How was the first vampire created?
(a) When the King attempted to exorcise a demon.
(b) When the Queen was bitten by a bat.
(c) When an alien being came to Egypt.
(d) When the King and Queen were embalmed.
3. Where does he take Those Who Must Be Kept first?
4. What happens during the night at Marius' rented house?
(a) The Mother comes to his house.
(b) A coven of burnt vampires comes to his house.
(c) The Mother and Father come to his house.
(d) The Father comes to his house.
5. How does Marius react when he sees that Lestat is in the sanctuary?
(a) He is surprised that Lestat could open the door.
(b) He is furious that Lestat defied his order.
(c) He is happy to see Enkil murder Lestat.
(d) He is pleased that Lestat work them up.
6. What happens when Marius is wounded by the Elder in a fight?
(a) The Elder leaves thinking Marius is dead.
(b) Marius kills the Elder.
(c) Akasha comes and kills the Elder.
(d) The Father wakes and kills the Elder.
7. What is Lestat planning to do in San Francisco?
(a) Perform a rock concert.
(b) Look for Louis.
(c) Build a new house.
(d) Write his memoirs.
8. Starving, what happens to Lestat?
(a) He eats earthworms.
(b) He believes it is the end for him.
(c) He tries to dig himself out of the earth.
(d) He hallucinates.
9. After drinking the blood from the burnt vampire, what does Marius feed on?
(a) The blood of Mael.
(b) The blood of children the Druids believe is pure.
(c) The blood of criminals the Druids bring him.
(d) The blood of sheep the Durids sacrifice.
10. Why is Lestat feeling strong after being pulled from the earth?
(a) He has been hunting.
(b) He has drunk Marius' blood.
(c) He has revived in the sea air.
(d) He can breathe better.
11. Why does Claudia attempt to kill Lestat?
(a) Because she doesn't want to become a vampire.
(b) Because she is jealous of Lestat and Louis.
(c) Because he made her when she was only a child.
(d) Because Louis puts her up to it.
12. What is Marius main goal about Those Who Must Be Kept?
(a) That they will reward him for his loyalty.
(b) That he can get them to wake up.
(c) That he will dress them in better clothes.
(d) That no one will find or harm them.
13. What is happening in Paris while Lestat and Gabrielle are traveling?
(a) A fire ravages the city.
(b) The plague.
(c) A renewed interest in the theater.
(d) The beginnings of the French Revolution.
14. What is the turnout for Lestat's concert?
(a) Marius comes and scares everyone away.
(b) It is sold out.
(c) People are firghtened and stay away.
(d) Only a few vampires show up.
15. In the dream, which brother celebrates Lestat?
(a) The one who wrote him letters.
(b) The one who scorned his wolf kill.
(c) The one who hated him as a mortal.
(d) The one who loves him the most.
Short Answer Questions
1. Seriously wounded, where does Lestat go to regain his strength?
2. What does Gabrielle think about Marius?
3. Where does Marius take Lestat?
4. As Lestat prepares to go to the New World, where is Gabrielle planning to go?
5. What happens in Istanbul and Greece?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)