|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lestat finally realize about what has happened in San Francisco?
(a) That Akasha is with him.
(b) That Marius is dead.
(c) That he had gone too far.
(d) That Enkil is trying to kill him.
2. What does Lestat call the most forsaken outpost of the Savage Garden?
(b) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
3. What does the stranger in the tavern do to Marius?
(a) Invites him to his home.
(b) Makes him pay the bar tab.
(c) Gives him a road map.
(d) Knocks him unconscious.
4. How does Lestat sleep one night after terrorizing a mortal in his home?
(a) In a mosque.
(b) Buried in the earth.
(c) Under the house.
(d) In a mummy case.
5. What is the problem with Enkil?
(a) He cannot hear the violin music.
(b) He tries to kill Ashaka.
(c) He has turned to solid stone.
(d) He is jealous and tries to kill Lestat.
6. When a riot breaks out, what appears to be happening to vampires who want to harm Lestat?
(a) They grow stronger and nearly overtake Lestat.
(b) They start killing as many mortals as possible.
(c) They change into bats and fly away.
(d) The appear to be exploding into flames.
7. What has Lestat done in coming to New Orleans that is a first for vampires?
(a) Live for weeks without blood.
(b) Go to visit mortal relatives.
(c) Leave the place where he was made.
(d) Travel across the Atlantic Ocean.
8. How does Lestat taunt real vampires during the show?
(a) By demonstrating his greater power.
(b) By daring them to show themselves.
(c) By declaring that vampires are fiction.
(d) By telling the mortals how to spot them.
9. What is the turnout for Lestat's concert?
(a) People are firghtened and stay away.
(b) Marius comes and scares everyone away.
(c) Only a few vampires show up.
(d) It is sold out.
10. What happens during the night at Marius' rented house?
(a) The Mother and Father come to his house.
(b) A coven of burnt vampires comes to his house.
(c) The Father comes to his house.
(d) The Mother comes to his house.
11. What does Gabrielle not understand about Lestat?
(a) His connection to mortals.
(b) His need for a coven.
(c) His weakness for Armand.
(d) His unwillingness to talk.
12. What is the condition of the old god?
(a) He is powerful but ready to leave.
(b) He is helpless and cannot move.
(c) He is ready to die.
(d) He is starving but cannot eat.
13. After drinking the blood from the burnt vampire, what does Marius feed on?
(a) The blood of criminals the Druids bring him.
(b) The blood of Mael.
(c) The blood of sheep the Durids sacrifice.
(d) The blood of children the Druids believe is pure.
14. When, according to another burnt vampire, were their kind created?
(a) Six thousand years ago.
(b) Four thousand years ago.
(c) One thousand years ago.
(d) Ten thousand years ago.
15. What does Marius learn from drinking Akasha's blood?
(a) Who is trying to kill him.
(b) How to avoid other vampires.
(c) The way to get out of Egypt.
(d) Her entire history.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lestat stay so long underground?
2. What does Lestat think Those Who Must Be Kept are?
3. How is the house of the vampire Marius decorated?
4. What memory does Lestat dwell on from his past?
5. Where does Lestat want to go that Marius has forbidden?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)