|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Akasha do after Lestat plays Nicki's violin for Those Who Must Be Kept?
(a) She throws a vase at Lestat.
(b) She begins to shed real tears.
(c) She gets up to dance.
(d) She wails and crushes the violin.
2. When a riot breaks out, what appears to be happening to vampires who want to harm Lestat?
(a) The appear to be exploding into flames.
(b) They start killing as many mortals as possible.
(c) They grow stronger and nearly overtake Lestat.
(d) They change into bats and fly away.
3. What does Lestat dream about his family?
(a) That he has made vampires of them all.
(b) That they have disinherited him.
(c) That they have been killed by the revolution.
(d) That they have become vampire hunters.
4. What is happening in Paris while Lestat and Gabrielle are traveling?
(a) A fire ravages the city.
(b) The plague.
(c) The beginnings of the French Revolution.
(d) A renewed interest in the theater.
5. What is the problem with Enkil?
(a) He has turned to solid stone.
(b) He cannot hear the violin music.
(c) He tries to kill Ashaka.
(d) He is jealous and tries to kill Lestat.
6. Where is Lestat when he awakens?
(a) In Marius' house.
(b) On Marius' boat.
(c) In a sarcophagus.
(d) In Transylvania.
7. What does Lestat call the most forsaken outpost of the Savage Garden?
(b) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
8. What does Marius learn happened to the Mother and the Father that caused all vampires to burn?
(a) They were in a fire in the temple.
(b) They were thrown into a kiln.
(c) They were exposed to radiation.
(d) They were left out in the sun.
9. Reunited, what do Gabrielle, Louis, and Lestat try to figure out?
(a) Why they were not killed with the others.
(b) Who was behind the exploding vampires.
(c) What they should do to protect themselves.
(d) Where they should go next.
10. What does Lestat do when he returns from Paris to New Orleans?
(a) Sends out messages for Marius.
(b) Burns all his books.
(c) Hides more and more away from mortals.
(d) Starts to terrorize the city.
11. What does Lestat think of while buried in the earth?
(a) Why he cannot find Marius.
(b) His father and brothers.
(c) All his wealth.
(d) Nicki's Stradivarius.
12. What does Gabrielle not understand about Lestat?
(a) His weakness for Armand.
(b) His need for a coven.
(c) His connection to mortals.
(d) His unwillingness to talk.
13. How does Lestat sleep one night after terrorizing a mortal in his home?
(a) Buried in the earth.
(b) In a mummy case.
(c) In a mosque.
(d) Under the house.
14. Using mental telepathy, what does the female give to Lestat?
(a) The way to call her.
(b) A warning.
(c) Her name, Akasha.
(d) A smile.
15. What is the Samhain?
(a) The warrior tribe of Ireland.
(b) The tribal council of the Druids.
(c) The holy book of the Druids.
(d) The ritual Marius will take part in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marius become interested in the stranger in the tavern?
2. Where does Lestat want to go that Marius has forbidden?
3. Where is Marius led when he arrives in Alexandria?
4. What is Nicki's condition that causes everyone to keep a close eye on him?
5. Where is Lestat's father who is begging him to come to him?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)