|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Marius is wounded by the Elder in a fight?
(a) Marius kills the Elder.
(b) Akasha comes and kills the Elder.
(c) The Father wakes and kills the Elder.
(d) The Elder leaves thinking Marius is dead.
2. When, according to another burnt vampire, were their kind created?
(a) One thousand years ago.
(b) Ten thousand years ago.
(c) Four thousand years ago.
(d) Six thousand years ago.
3. Who comes to New Orleans to visit Lestat?
4. What sound arouses Lestat's attention while he is underground?
(a) Arabic music.
(b) Dogs digging in the earth.
(c) A strange beating sound.
(d) Someone playing Nicki's violin.
5. What happens during the night at Marius' rented house?
(a) A coven of burnt vampires comes to his house.
(b) The Mother comes to his house.
(c) The Mother and Father come to his house.
(d) The Father comes to his house.
6. How did more vampires come into being?
(a) They were made by the Mother and Father.
(b) They were scratched by the Mother's fingernails.
(c) They encountered more demons.
(d) They cut the Mother and Father and drank their blood.
7. What does Marius make Lestat promise?
(a) Never to tell what he knows now.
(b) Never to forget drinking Akasha's blood.
(c) Never to try and find him.
(d) Never to return to the house they are in.
8. What is the one thing Marius is pleased about Lestat's breaking his rule?
(a) That he has an excuse to get rid of Lestat.
(b) That it will be easier now to move Those Who Must Be Kept.
(c) That Lestat will now fear Those Who Must Be Kept.
(d) That he provoked activity from Those Who Must Be Kept.
9. At what point does Marius begin to understand?
(a) When he drinks the blood of the burnt vampire.
(b) When he puts on the Druid clothes.
(c) When he talks again with Mael.
(d) When he finds a book that explains all.
10. Why does Marius become interested in the stranger in the tavern?
(a) To teach him French customs.
(b) To interview his people.
(c) To learn ancient ways.
(d) To hear his sea tales.
11. What does Akasha do after Lestat plays Nicki's violin for Those Who Must Be Kept?
(a) She gets up to dance.
(b) She begins to shed real tears.
(c) She wails and crushes the violin.
(d) She throws a vase at Lestat.
12. Where does Marius take Lestat?
(a) To the top of the mountain.
(b) To see Those Who Must Be Kept.
(c) To his library.
(d) To feast on victims he has caught.
13. What does Lestat think of while buried in the earth?
(a) Nicki's Stradivarius.
(b) Why he cannot find Marius.
(c) All his wealth.
(d) His father and brothers.
14. Who chooses Marius to be the new god?
(a) The tribal council.
(c) The old god.
(d) The stars.
15. How does Lestat react to the city of New Orleans?
(a) He thinks it is terrible and longs for Paris.
(b) He is pleasantly surprised and immediately likes the city.
(c) He worries about being the only vampire in the city.
(d) He dislikes the phony French atmosphere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Lestat been doing to upset the vampires?
2. What happens in Istanbul and Greece?
3. What does the burnt creature tell Marius?
4. Using mental telepathy, what does the female give to Lestat?
5. What does Lestat finally realize about what has happened in San Francisco?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)