|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gabrielle think about Marius?
(a) That he cannot tell them anything.
(b) That he is dead.
(c) That he is a fiction.
(d) That he will not see Lestat.
2. What property does Lestat own in New Orleans?
(a) Several vampire bars.
(b) Many homes.
(c) A mausoleum.
(d) A hotel.
3. What does Marius realize as he looks at the badly burnt god?
(a) That he cannot be mortal.
(b) That he has been a captive too long.
(c) That he has tried to kill himself.
(d) That he had an accident at the sacrifice.
4. How does Marius remove Those Who Must Be Kept?
(a) In heavy wool wrappings.
(b) In wooden coffins.
(c) In glass cases.
(d) In packing crates.
5. What are the images in Lestat's next warning?
(a) Snow and ice.
(b) Mountains and valleys.
(c) Fire and brinstone.
(d) Wind and rain.
6. Using mental telepathy, what does the female give to Lestat?
(a) A warning.
(b) A smile.
(c) The way to call her.
(d) Her name, Akasha.
7. As Lestat prepares to go to the New World, where is Gabrielle planning to go?
8. How is the house of the vampire Marius decorated?
(a) Lavishly with paintings and murals.
(b) Plainly for a fast getaway.
(c) Like an Egyptian tomb for a king.
(d) Naturally like a cave in a mountainside.
9. What does Marius learn from drinking Akasha's blood?
(a) Her entire history.
(b) How to avoid other vampires.
(c) Who is trying to kill him.
(d) The way to get out of Egypt.
10. Seriously wounded, where does Lestat go to regain his strength?
(a) To Gabrielle.
(b) To Marius.
(c) To Armand.
(d) To Those Who Must Be Kept.
11. What happens in Istanbul and Greece?
(a) Lestat receives a message from Marius.
(b) Mortals begin to hunt them during the day.
(c) Lestat continues to leave messages for Marius.
(d) Gabrielle never leaves Lestat's side.
12. Why does Marius tell Lestat he must leave him?
(a) He must scout out safe places for the Mother and Father.
(b) He is in too much danger at Marius' house.
(c) He is not strong enough to shield his thoughts.
(d) He cannot stay before he has lived one mortal lifetime.
13. What does Mael say will happen to Marius?
(a) He will be sacrificed.
(b) He will become immortal.
(c) He will become a Druid.
(d) He will make history.
14. Where is Lestat when he awakens?
(a) On Marius' boat.
(b) In a sarcophagus.
(c) In Marius' house.
(d) In Transylvania.
15. What does Marius make Lestat promise?
(a) Never to return to the house they are in.
(b) Never to try and find him.
(c) Never to tell what he knows now.
(d) Never to forget drinking Akasha's blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marius want to get Those Who Must Be Kept away from the Elder who has watched them for centuries?
2. At Marius' house, how are the two vampires dressed?
3. Who pulls Lestat from the ground?
4. What happens during the night at Marius' rented house?
5. Starving, what happens to Lestat?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)