|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to New Orleans to visit Lestat?
2. What does Marius realize as he looks at the badly burnt god?
(a) That he has tried to kill himself.
(b) That he had an accident at the sacrifice.
(c) That he has been a captive too long.
(d) That he cannot be mortal.
3. At what point does Marius begin to understand?
(a) When he puts on the Druid clothes.
(b) When he drinks the blood of the burnt vampire.
(c) When he finds a book that explains all.
(d) When he talks again with Mael.
4. What does Lestat do when he returns from Paris to New Orleans?
(a) Burns all his books.
(b) Hides more and more away from mortals.
(c) Starts to terrorize the city.
(d) Sends out messages for Marius.
5. Leaving the theater behind, what do Gabrielle and Lestat do?
(a) Sail to New Orleans.
(b) Leave Paris to see the world.
(c) Travel to England.
(d) Rent a villa in the south of France.
6. What is the one thing Marius is pleased about Lestat's breaking his rule?
(a) That he has an excuse to get rid of Lestat.
(b) That Lestat will now fear Those Who Must Be Kept.
(c) That it will be easier now to move Those Who Must Be Kept.
(d) That he provoked activity from Those Who Must Be Kept.
7. What happens during the night at Marius' rented house?
(a) The Father comes to his house.
(b) The Mother and Father come to his house.
(c) A coven of burnt vampires comes to his house.
(d) The Mother comes to his house.
8. What does Mael say will happen to Marius?
(a) He will become immortal.
(b) He will become a Druid.
(c) He will make history.
(d) He will be sacrificed.
9. As Lestat prepares to go to the New World, where is Gabrielle planning to go?
10. What memory does Lestat dwell on from his past?
(a) Time with Those Who Must Be Kept.
(b) The time when he was close to his mother.
(c) His relationship with Nicki.
(d) Life with Louis and Claudia.
11. What does Gabrielle think about Marius?
(a) That he is dead.
(b) That he will not see Lestat.
(c) That he is a fiction.
(d) That he cannot tell them anything.
12. When, according to another burnt vampire, were their kind created?
(a) Ten thousand years ago.
(b) Four thousand years ago.
(c) One thousand years ago.
(d) Six thousand years ago.
13. How does Lestat taunt real vampires during the show?
(a) By declaring that vampires are fiction.
(b) By telling the mortals how to spot them.
(c) By daring them to show themselves.
(d) By demonstrating his greater power.
14. What does Marius learn from drinking Akasha's blood?
(a) Who is trying to kill him.
(b) The way to get out of Egypt.
(c) Her entire history.
(d) How to avoid other vampires.
15. What has Lestat been doing to upset the vampires?
(a) Killing too many people close to home.
(b) Breaking all the rules and telling vampire secrets.
(c) Making himself into a big mystery.
(d) Becoming more wealthy than before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Lestat done in coming to New Orleans that is a first for vampires?
2. Who does Marius encounter when he is forty years old?
3. Where is Marius led when he arrives in Alexandria?
4. What is the name of the stranger from the tavern?
5. What does Lestat dream about his family?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)