|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lestat think Those Who Must Be Kept are?
(a) A pair of victims.
(b) A pair of gods.
(c) A pair of statues.
(d) A pair of insane vampires.
2. How was the first vampire created?
(a) When the Queen was bitten by a bat.
(b) When the King and Queen were embalmed.
(c) When the King attempted to exorcise a demon.
(d) When an alien being came to Egypt.
3. How did Marius find Lestat?
(a) By hearing from Gabrielle.
(b) By simple logic.
(c) By smelling his blood.
(d) By reading his many messages.
4. Why does Marius want to get Those Who Must Be Kept away from the Elder who has watched them for centuries?
(a) He wants to take them where Marius cannot see them.
(b) He wants to destroy them and all vampires.
(c) He wants to sell them to a museum.
(d) He wants to drink their blood and become a god.
5. What is Nicki's condition that causes everyone to keep a close eye on him?
(a) He is weak.
(b) He is despondent.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is mad.
6. Where is Lestat when he awakens?
(a) In Marius' house.
(b) In Transylvania.
(c) In a sarcophagus.
(d) On Marius' boat.
7. Why does Claudia attempt to kill Lestat?
(a) Because he made her when she was only a child.
(b) Because she doesn't want to become a vampire.
(c) Because Louis puts her up to it.
(d) Because she is jealous of Lestat and Louis.
8. What does Marius realize as he looks at the badly burnt god?
(a) That he had an accident at the sacrifice.
(b) That he has been a captive too long.
(c) That he cannot be mortal.
(d) That he has tried to kill himself.
9. What does Marius make Lestat promise?
(a) Never to forget drinking Akasha's blood.
(b) Never to try and find him.
(c) Never to return to the house they are in.
(d) Never to tell what he knows now.
10. Where does he take Those Who Must Be Kept first?
11. What does Mael say will happen to Marius?
(a) He will become immortal.
(b) He will become a Druid.
(c) He will make history.
(d) He will be sacrificed.
12. How does Lestat react to the city of New Orleans?
(a) He is pleasantly surprised and immediately likes the city.
(b) He dislikes the phony French atmosphere.
(c) He thinks it is terrible and longs for Paris.
(d) He worries about being the only vampire in the city.
13. When Marius leaves his house, what restriction does he place on Lestat?
(a) He is not to write down what he has learned.
(b) He is not to go where the Mother and Father are kept.
(c) He is not to leave his private room.
(d) He is not to light the torches in the house.
14. What does Gabrielle think about Marius?
(a) That he is a fiction.
(b) That he cannot tell them anything.
(c) That he will not see Lestat.
(d) That he is dead.
15. Who pulls Lestat from the ground?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marius react when he sees that Lestat is in the sanctuary?
2. What does Gabrielle not understand about Lestat?
3. After examining the house, what does Lestat do?
4. How did more vampires come into being?
5. What happens during the night at Marius' rented house?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)