|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lestat taunt real vampires during the show?
(a) By daring them to show themselves.
(b) By declaring that vampires are fiction.
(c) By telling the mortals how to spot them.
(d) By demonstrating his greater power.
2. What does Marius learn from drinking Akasha's blood?
(a) Her entire history.
(b) The way to get out of Egypt.
(c) Who is trying to kill him.
(d) How to avoid other vampires.
3. Seriously wounded, where does Lestat go to regain his strength?
(a) To Those Who Must Be Kept.
(b) To Gabrielle.
(c) To Armand.
(d) To Marius.
4. Where does Marius take Lestat?
(a) To his library.
(b) To see Those Who Must Be Kept.
(c) To the top of the mountain.
(d) To feast on victims he has caught.
5. Where is Lestat when he awakens?
(a) On Marius' boat.
(b) In a sarcophagus.
(c) In Marius' house.
(d) In Transylvania.
6. How does Marius react when he sees that Lestat is in the sanctuary?
(a) He is happy to see Enkil murder Lestat.
(b) He is pleased that Lestat work them up.
(c) He is furious that Lestat defied his order.
(d) He is surprised that Lestat could open the door.
7. What does Gabrielle not understand about Lestat?
(a) His need for a coven.
(b) His weakness for Armand.
(c) His connection to mortals.
(d) His unwillingness to talk.
8. How does Lestat react to the city of New Orleans?
(a) He is pleasantly surprised and immediately likes the city.
(b) He worries about being the only vampire in the city.
(c) He dislikes the phony French atmosphere.
(d) He thinks it is terrible and longs for Paris.
9. Under what condition does Gabrielle make Lestat promise he will find her?
(a) If he finds his father in the New World.
(b) If he ever decides to put an end to his existence.
(c) If he ever decides to return to the family home.
(d) If he locates Marius.
10. What does the burnt creature tell Marius?
(a) That he must remain hidden in the tree.
(b) Where a vast treasure is hidden.
(c) How he will become immortal.
(d) That nothing will happen to him.
11. What happens in Istanbul and Greece?
(a) Lestat continues to leave messages for Marius.
(b) Mortals begin to hunt them during the day.
(c) Lestat receives a message from Marius.
(d) Gabrielle never leaves Lestat's side.
12. How did Marius find Lestat?
(a) By hearing from Gabrielle.
(b) By simple logic.
(c) By smelling his blood.
(d) By reading his many messages.
13. Who comes to New Orleans to visit Lestat?
14. Who does Marius encounter when he is forty years old?
(a) A prince.
(b) A Keltoi.
(c) A vampire.
(d) A Roman.
15. Leaving the theater behind, what do Gabrielle and Lestat do?
(a) Sail to New Orleans.
(b) Leave Paris to see the world.
(c) Rent a villa in the south of France.
(d) Travel to England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Claudia attempt to kill Lestat?
2. What does Gabrielle think about Marius?
3. In the dream, which brother celebrates Lestat?
4. What does Lestat dream about his family?
5. Where is Marius led when he arrives in Alexandria?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)