|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lestat stay so long underground?
(a) His need for a long rest.
(b) His lack of motivation to arise.
(c) His sadness over Gabrielle.
(d) His fear of Marius.
2. Why does Lestat have to leave Marius house hurriedly?
(a) With Enkil riled up, it is not safe for Lestat.
(b) Akasha is enjoying the fight over her.
(c) Lestat is too strong after drinking Akasha's blood.
(d) Marius banishes him for breaking the rules.
3. What does Lestat think Those Who Must Be Kept are?
(a) A pair of statues.
(b) A pair of insane vampires.
(c) A pair of victims.
(d) A pair of gods.
4. What does Mael say will happen to Marius?
(a) He will make history.
(b) He will become a Druid.
(c) He will be sacrificed.
(d) He will become immortal.
5. What does the burnt creature tell Marius?
(a) That he must remain hidden in the tree.
(b) That nothing will happen to him.
(c) Where a vast treasure is hidden.
(d) How he will become immortal.
6. What does Marius learn from drinking Akasha's blood?
(a) Her entire history.
(b) The way to get out of Egypt.
(c) Who is trying to kill him.
(d) How to avoid other vampires.
7. What is the turnout for Lestat's concert?
(a) It is sold out.
(b) People are firghtened and stay away.
(c) Only a few vampires show up.
(d) Marius comes and scares everyone away.
8. Reunited, what do Gabrielle, Louis, and Lestat try to figure out?
(a) Why they were not killed with the others.
(b) What they should do to protect themselves.
(c) Who was behind the exploding vampires.
(d) Where they should go next.
9. Who does Marius encounter when he is forty years old?
(a) A vampire.
(b) A Roman.
(c) A Keltoi.
(d) A prince.
10. How is the house of the vampire Marius decorated?
(a) Lavishly with paintings and murals.
(b) Like an Egyptian tomb for a king.
(c) Plainly for a fast getaway.
(d) Naturally like a cave in a mountainside.
11. Why is Lestat feeling strong after being pulled from the earth?
(a) He has revived in the sea air.
(b) He has drunk Marius' blood.
(c) He can breathe better.
(d) He has been hunting.
12. Finally believing the story of the Mother and Father to be true, what does Marius do?
(a) Decides to try to kill them.
(b) Decides to write a history about them.
(c) Decides to see for himself if they are safe.
(d) Decides to get far away from Egypt.
13. What is happening in Paris while Lestat and Gabrielle are traveling?
(a) A fire ravages the city.
(b) A renewed interest in the theater.
(c) The plague.
(d) The beginnings of the French Revolution.
14. How does Lestat sleep one night after terrorizing a mortal in his home?
(a) In a mosque.
(b) In a mummy case.
(c) Buried in the earth.
(d) Under the house.
15. What is the problem with Enkil?
(a) He cannot hear the violin music.
(b) He has turned to solid stone.
(c) He is jealous and tries to kill Lestat.
(d) He tries to kill Ashaka.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Akasha do after Lestat plays Nicki's violin for Those Who Must Be Kept?
2. Why does Marius become interested in the stranger in the tavern?
3. Why does Lestat stay under the earth after hearing the beating sound?
4. Seriously wounded, where does Lestat go to regain his strength?
5. What has Lestat done in coming to New Orleans that is a first for vampires?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)