|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claudia attempt to kill Lestat?
(a) Because she doesn't want to become a vampire.
(b) Because he made her when she was only a child.
(c) Because she is jealous of Lestat and Louis.
(d) Because Louis puts her up to it.
2. What happens in Istanbul and Greece?
(a) Mortals begin to hunt them during the day.
(b) Lestat receives a message from Marius.
(c) Gabrielle never leaves Lestat's side.
(d) Lestat continues to leave messages for Marius.
3. What is the name of the stranger from the tavern?
4. How was the first vampire created?
(a) When an alien being came to Egypt.
(b) When the King and Queen were embalmed.
(c) When the King attempted to exorcise a demon.
(d) When the Queen was bitten by a bat.
5. During their journey away from Paris, what does Gabrielle often do?
(a) She becomes more protective of Lestat.
(b) She kills several people a night.
(c) She tries to talk Lestat into going to Africa.
(d) She takes off for several nights at a time.
6. Where does Marius take Lestat?
(a) To his library.
(b) To feast on victims he has caught.
(c) To see Those Who Must Be Kept.
(d) To the top of the mountain.
7. When Marius leaves his house, what restriction does he place on Lestat?
(a) He is not to go where the Mother and Father are kept.
(b) He is not to write down what he has learned.
(c) He is not to light the torches in the house.
(d) He is not to leave his private room.
8. What is the one thing Marius is pleased about Lestat's breaking his rule?
(a) That Lestat will now fear Those Who Must Be Kept.
(b) That he provoked activity from Those Who Must Be Kept.
(c) That he has an excuse to get rid of Lestat.
(d) That it will be easier now to move Those Who Must Be Kept.
9. How does Lestat go about trying to find Marius?
(a) By putting ads in the newspapers.
(b) By hiring a private investigator.
(c) By calling his name over and over.
(d) By carving messages into stone.
10. What does Marius realize as he looks at the badly burnt god?
(a) That he had an accident at the sacrifice.
(b) That he has been a captive too long.
(c) That he cannot be mortal.
(d) That he has tried to kill himself.
11. Why does Marius tell Lestat he must leave him?
(a) He must scout out safe places for the Mother and Father.
(b) He is not strong enough to shield his thoughts.
(c) He is in too much danger at Marius' house.
(d) He cannot stay before he has lived one mortal lifetime.
12. Using mental telepathy, what does the female give to Lestat?
(a) The way to call her.
(b) A smile.
(c) A warning.
(d) Her name, Akasha.
13. What does Lestat think Those Who Must Be Kept are?
(a) A pair of insane vampires.
(b) A pair of victims.
(c) A pair of gods.
(d) A pair of statues.
14. Where does he take Those Who Must Be Kept first?
15. Where is Marius led when he arrives in Alexandria?
(a) To a subway station.
(b) To the interior of a pyramid.
(c) To a tomb in the Valley of trhe Kings.
(d) To an underground temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a riot breaks out, what appears to be happening to vampires who want to harm Lestat?
2. What memory does Lestat dwell on from his past?
3. What does Marius learn happened to the Mother and the Father that caused all vampires to burn?
4. What is Louis' concern about the concert?
5. Where does Marius take Lestat?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)