|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the message Marius gets about the Mother and Father?
(a) To bury them deep in the desert.
(b) To stop trying to find them.
(c) To get them out of Egypt.
(d) To come and drink their blood.
2. Who does Marius encounter when he is forty years old?
(a) A vampire.
(b) A Keltoi.
(c) A prince.
(d) A Roman.
3. What are the images in Lestat's next warning?
(a) Snow and ice.
(b) Mountains and valleys.
(c) Fire and brinstone.
(d) Wind and rain.
4. How did Marius find Lestat?
(a) By simple logic.
(b) By smelling his blood.
(c) By hearing from Gabrielle.
(d) By reading his many messages.
5. At Marius' house, how are the two vampires dressed?
(a) In laboratory coats and scrubs.
(b) In Egyptian robes.
(c) In tuxedos with black satin capes.
(d) In proper 18th century clothing.
6. Finally believing the story of the Mother and Father to be true, what does Marius do?
(a) Decides to get far away from Egypt.
(b) Decides to try to kill them.
(c) Decides to write a history about them.
(d) Decides to see for himself if they are safe.
7. What does Lestat do when he returns from Paris to New Orleans?
(a) Hides more and more away from mortals.
(b) Starts to terrorize the city.
(c) Burns all his books.
(d) Sends out messages for Marius.
8. How is the house of the vampire Marius decorated?
(a) Plainly for a fast getaway.
(b) Like an Egyptian tomb for a king.
(c) Naturally like a cave in a mountainside.
(d) Lavishly with paintings and murals.
9. What sound arouses Lestat's attention while he is underground?
(a) Dogs digging in the earth.
(b) A strange beating sound.
(c) Someone playing Nicki's violin.
(d) Arabic music.
10. What does Akasha do after Lestat plays Nicki's violin for Those Who Must Be Kept?
(a) She begins to shed real tears.
(b) She wails and crushes the violin.
(c) She gets up to dance.
(d) She throws a vase at Lestat.
11. What is the problem with Enkil?
(a) He tries to kill Ashaka.
(b) He is jealous and tries to kill Lestat.
(c) He cannot hear the violin music.
(d) He has turned to solid stone.
12. Leaving the theater behind, what do Gabrielle and Lestat do?
(a) Leave Paris to see the world.
(b) Rent a villa in the south of France.
(c) Travel to England.
(d) Sail to New Orleans.
13. What do the vampires call the process of making another vampire?
(a) The Dark Time.
(b) The Dark Transformation.
(c) The Dark Trick.
(d) The Dark Action.
14. During their journey away from Paris, what does Gabrielle often do?
(a) She kills several people a night.
(b) She takes off for several nights at a time.
(c) She becomes more protective of Lestat.
(d) She tries to talk Lestat into going to Africa.
15. Who chooses Marius to be the new god?
(b) The old god.
(c) The stars.
(d) The tribal council.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lestat feeling strong after being pulled from the earth?
2. What happens when Marius is wounded by the Elder in a fight?
3. How does Marius react when he sees that Lestat is in the sanctuary?
4. What happens in Istanbul and Greece?
5. Where is Marius led when he arrives in Alexandria?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)