|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the turnout for Lestat's concert?
(a) People are firghtened and stay away.
(b) Only a few vampires show up.
(c) Marius comes and scares everyone away.
(d) It is sold out.
2. What is Louis' concern about the concert?
(a) That Lestat will become a big star.
(b) That Lestat may be disappointed.
(c) That it may put them all in danger.
(d) That too many vampires will be made in San Francisco.
3. Why does Lestat stay so long underground?
(a) His lack of motivation to arise.
(b) His sadness over Gabrielle.
(c) His fear of Marius.
(d) His need for a long rest.
4. How did the evil spirit get into the bodies of the King and Queen?
(a) From scratches they got during the exorcism.
(b) From blood they thought came from a sheep.
(c) From stab wounds made by assassins.
(d) When they opened their mouths to scream.
5. Where is Lestat when he awakens?
(a) In Marius' house.
(b) In a sarcophagus.
(c) On Marius' boat.
(d) In Transylvania.
6. What sound arouses Lestat's attention while he is underground?
(a) Arabic music.
(b) Someone playing Nicki's violin.
(c) A strange beating sound.
(d) Dogs digging in the earth.
7. What has Lestat done in coming to New Orleans that is a first for vampires?
(a) Go to visit mortal relatives.
(b) Leave the place where he was made.
(c) Live for weeks without blood.
(d) Travel across the Atlantic Ocean.
8. What is the condition of the old god?
(a) He is starving but cannot eat.
(b) He is powerful but ready to leave.
(c) He is helpless and cannot move.
(d) He is ready to die.
9. How does Marius react when he sees that Lestat is in the sanctuary?
(a) He is pleased that Lestat work them up.
(b) He is happy to see Enkil murder Lestat.
(c) He is surprised that Lestat could open the door.
(d) He is furious that Lestat defied his order.
10. How did more vampires come into being?
(a) They cut the Mother and Father and drank their blood.
(b) They encountered more demons.
(c) They were made by the Mother and Father.
(d) They were scratched by the Mother's fingernails.
11. What does Lestat finally realize about what has happened in San Francisco?
(a) That he had gone too far.
(b) That Marius is dead.
(c) That Akasha is with him.
(d) That Enkil is trying to kill him.
12. What is the name of the stranger from the tavern?
13. Who comes to New Orleans to visit Lestat?
14. Under what condition does Gabrielle make Lestat promise he will find her?
(a) If he locates Marius.
(b) If he ever decides to put an end to his existence.
(c) If he finds his father in the New World.
(d) If he ever decides to return to the family home.
15. What does Marius learn happened to the Mother and the Father that caused all vampires to burn?
(a) They were exposed to radiation.
(b) They were in a fire in the temple.
(c) They were thrown into a kiln.
(d) They were left out in the sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the images in Lestat's next warning?
2. How does Lestat react to the city of New Orleans?
3. What do the vampires call the process of making another vampire?
4. Finally believing the story of the Mother and Father to be true, what does Marius do?
5. Seriously wounded, where does Lestat go to regain his strength?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)