|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lestat want to go that Marius has forbidden?
(a) The sanctuary of Those Who Must Be Kept.
(b) Down into the village.
(c) Back to Egypt.
(d) Back to Paris.
2. Under what condition does Gabrielle make Lestat promise he will find her?
(a) If he ever decides to return to the family home.
(b) If he ever decides to put an end to his existence.
(c) If he finds his father in the New World.
(d) If he locates Marius.
3. What is Marius main goal about Those Who Must Be Kept?
(a) That he will dress them in better clothes.
(b) That he can get them to wake up.
(c) That they will reward him for his loyalty.
(d) That no one will find or harm them.
4. Who chooses Marius to be the new god?
(a) The tribal council.
(c) The old god.
(d) The stars.
5. How did Marius find Lestat?
(a) By simple logic.
(b) By reading his many messages.
(c) By smelling his blood.
(d) By hearing from Gabrielle.
6. What does the stranger in the tavern do to Marius?
(a) Makes him pay the bar tab.
(b) Invites him to his home.
(c) Gives him a road map.
(d) Knocks him unconscious.
7. Why does Marius tell Lestat he must leave him?
(a) He must scout out safe places for the Mother and Father.
(b) He is not strong enough to shield his thoughts.
(c) He is in too much danger at Marius' house.
(d) He cannot stay before he has lived one mortal lifetime.
8. What does Marius learn from drinking Akasha's blood?
(a) How to avoid other vampires.
(b) The way to get out of Egypt.
(c) Her entire history.
(d) Who is trying to kill him.
9. Why does Lestat stay so long underground?
(a) His lack of motivation to arise.
(b) His need for a long rest.
(c) His fear of Marius.
(d) His sadness over Gabrielle.
10. Why does Marius become interested in the stranger in the tavern?
(a) To hear his sea tales.
(b) To interview his people.
(c) To teach him French customs.
(d) To learn ancient ways.
11. After examining the house, what does Lestat do?
(a) He decides to build a house like this.
(b) He plans his escape from Marius.
(c) He goes back to his room to sleep.
(d) He goes to find Marius.
12. At Marius' house, how are the two vampires dressed?
(a) In tuxedos with black satin capes.
(b) In proper 18th century clothing.
(c) In laboratory coats and scrubs.
(d) In Egyptian robes.
13. What is Nicki's condition that causes everyone to keep a close eye on him?
(a) He is weak.
(b) He is despondent.
(c) He is mad.
(d) He is confused.
14. What happens when Marius is wounded by the Elder in a fight?
(a) The Elder leaves thinking Marius is dead.
(b) The Father wakes and kills the Elder.
(c) Akasha comes and kills the Elder.
(d) Marius kills the Elder.
15. What has Lestat been doing to upset the vampires?
(a) Becoming more wealthy than before.
(b) Killing too many people close to home.
(c) Making himself into a big mystery.
(d) Breaking all the rules and telling vampire secrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lestat react to the city of New Orleans?
2. What does Gabrielle think about Marius?
3. What is the turnout for Lestat's concert?
4. How did the evil spirit get into the bodies of the King and Queen?
5. How does Lestat taunt real vampires during the show?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)