|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Using mental telepathy, what does the female give to Lestat?
(a) A smile.
(b) The way to call her.
(c) Her name, Akasha.
(d) A warning.
2. What does Lestat do when he returns from Paris to New Orleans?
(a) Starts to terrorize the city.
(b) Burns all his books.
(c) Sends out messages for Marius.
(d) Hides more and more away from mortals.
3. What happens during the night at Marius' rented house?
(a) The Mother comes to his house.
(b) A coven of burnt vampires comes to his house.
(c) The Father comes to his house.
(d) The Mother and Father come to his house.
4. Leaving the theater behind, what do Gabrielle and Lestat do?
(a) Travel to England.
(b) Leave Paris to see the world.
(c) Sail to New Orleans.
(d) Rent a villa in the south of France.
5. Where is Lestat when he awakens?
(a) In Transylvania.
(b) On Marius' boat.
(c) In a sarcophagus.
(d) In Marius' house.
6. Why does Claudia attempt to kill Lestat?
(a) Because she doesn't want to become a vampire.
(b) Because she is jealous of Lestat and Louis.
(c) Because he made her when she was only a child.
(d) Because Louis puts her up to it.
7. Why does Lestat stay so long underground?
(a) His need for a long rest.
(b) His sadness over Gabrielle.
(c) His lack of motivation to arise.
(d) His fear of Marius.
8. Seriously wounded, where does Lestat go to regain his strength?
(a) To Gabrielle.
(b) To Marius.
(c) To Armand.
(d) To Those Who Must Be Kept.
9. Who keeps Lestat informed about what is going on in France?
(a) Roget and Eleni.
(b) Lestat's father and brother.
(c) Renaud and Marius.
(d) Armand and Nicki.
10. What are the images in Lestat's next warning?
(a) Fire and brinstone.
(b) Wind and rain.
(c) Snow and ice.
(d) Mountains and valleys.
11. What is Nicki's condition that causes everyone to keep a close eye on him?
(a) He is despondent.
(b) He is weak.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is mad.
12. What does Lestat think Those Who Must Be Kept are?
(a) A pair of insane vampires.
(b) A pair of victims.
(c) A pair of gods.
(d) A pair of statues.
13. How does Lestat react to the city of New Orleans?
(a) He worries about being the only vampire in the city.
(b) He is pleasantly surprised and immediately likes the city.
(c) He dislikes the phony French atmosphere.
(d) He thinks it is terrible and longs for Paris.
14. What is Louis' concern about the concert?
(a) That Lestat may be disappointed.
(b) That it may put them all in danger.
(c) That too many vampires will be made in San Francisco.
(d) That Lestat will become a big star.
15. Where does Lestat want to go that Marius has forbidden?
(a) Back to Egypt.
(b) Back to Paris.
(c) Down into the village.
(d) The sanctuary of Those Who Must Be Kept.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lestat think of while buried in the earth?
2. What does Mael say will happen to Marius?
3. Why does Marius become interested in the stranger in the tavern?
4. What does Gabrielle think about Marius?
5. Who chooses Marius to be the new god?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)