|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do all of the dead bodies in the tower have in common?
(a) They are all criminals.
(b) They all have blond hair and blue eyes.
(c) They are all tall and thin.
(d) They are all smiling.
2. What lie does Armand tell the remaining members of his former coven?
(a) That he has the answers they seek.
(b) That he has a new source of revenue.
(c) That he will make amends for what he did in the past.
(d) That he is sorry for killing coven members.
3. What business does Lestat purchase?
(a) Faberge Jewelry.
(b) Banque de Paris.
(c) Le Cage Aux Folles.
(d) Renaud's House of Thesbians.
4. What is Lestat's family situation just before the French Revolution?
(a) Middle class merchants.
(b) Wealthy land barons.
(c) Impoverished nobility.
(d) Feudal servants.
5. What happens to cause Gabrielle to go into hysterics?
(a) Lestat goes to walk with mortals.
(b) Her other sons show up at the tower.
(c) Faces of vampires appear in the window.
(d) Her hair she had cut off is grown back.
6. What does Lestat begin to notice as he performs on stage every night?
(a) The audience growing each night.
(b) A talent scout from Comedie Francaise.
(c) His father's face.
(d) A strange face watching him.
7. What happens as the vampire begins to drain Lestat's blood?
(a) He tries to fight the vampire off.
(b) He has dreamlike images.
(c) He faints from fright.
(d) He feels himself dying.
8. What news does Lestat receive about his mother?
(a) She is near death in Lyons.
(b) She is in Paris and she is dying.
(c) She has died and is buried.
(d) She has committed suicide.
9. What does Lestat want to do as a vampire?
(a) Find other vampires to ask questions.
(b) Pass himself off as a mortal.
(c) Make another vampire to be his friend.
(d) Kill as many as he can find alone.
10. How does Lestat leave Armand's coven?
(a) Flying like a bat.
(b) Escaping through a window.
(c) Carrying Gabrielle and Nicolas.
(d) Carrying a torch to keep Armand away.
11. What do Lestat and Nicolas call that moment of drunkenness when everything makes sense?
(a) The Magic Moment.
(b) The Shining Moment.
(c) The Lightning Moment.
(d) The Golden Moment.
12. What is it that makes Lestat uneasy watching Gabrielle?
(a) When she makes a mistake.
(b) When she changes her clothes.
(c) When she climbs a wall.
(d) When she makes a kill.
13. What does the older female vampire tell Armand?
(a) That she can see Lestat is too powerful to kill.
(b) That he is still living in the 16th century.
(c) That she had predicted vampires would live among mortals.
(d) That he is a fool to think he knows everything.
14. For whom does Lestat purchase gifts?
(a) The poor people of Paris.
(b) Nicolas and his brothers.
(c) His father and Nicolas' father.
(d) The people at the theater.
15. What does Lestat want to do when he sees his dying mother?
(a) Kill his father.
(b) Make her a vampire.
(c) Take her to Italy.
(d) Go out of her room and cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nicki face Lestat after the escape from Armand's coven?
2. Who is the one person who is not happy to hear of Lestat's good fortune?
3. With which member of his family is Lestat most connected?
4. Why does Gabrielle agree to become a vampire?
5. Where do Lestat and Armand go after the ball?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)