|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lestat feel about the gold and jewels in the tower?
(a) He knows he will always have enough money.
(b) He wants to give it all to the poor.
(c) He thinks he should put it somewhere safer.
(d) He decides to give it to Gabrielle.
2. Where is Lestat when he wakes up?
(a) In the vampire's tower.
(b) In his own bed.
(c) Under the Cathedral Notre Dame.
(d) In the cellar of the theater.
3. What does Gabrielle hear as she and Lestat move through the night?
(a) Bells ringing in hell.
(b) Laughter in the pubs.
(c) Voices of the dead.
(d) Voices of other vampires.
4. How does Lestat learn that he can read people's minds?
(a) He senses a human in the tower.
(b) He hears Nicolas calling for him.
(c) He can hear his mother thinking about him.
(d) He is distrubed by the thoughts of people outside.
5. What is it that Armand insists on but Lestat scorns?
(a) Never making another vampire.
(b) Living by rules.
(c) Hunting only young mortals.
(d) Publishing a history of the vampires.
6. What does Armand do without Lestat's permission?
(a) He tells everyone Lestat is a vampire.
(b) He runs away with Gabrielle.
(c) He kills one of the mortals at the ball.
(d) He drinks from him.
7. What is Gabrielle's condition at the beginning of the story?
(a) She is planning to run away.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is dying.
(d) She is a vampire.
8. How is Lestat alerted to the rising sun?
(a) He hears the birds begin to sing.
(b) His eyes begin to burn.
(c) His skin begins to crawl.
(d) He hears the church bells.
9. How do Lestat and Gabrielle escape the room where she was dying?
(a) They hide in a closet.
(b) They sneak out a window.
(c) They hide under the bed.
(d) They go out a back door.
10. How does Nicki face Lestat after the escape from Armand's coven?
(a) Filled with anger and accusations.
(b) Grateful for his release.
(c) Happy to be with Lestat and Gabrielle.
(d) Curious about what has happened to Lestat.
11. Where does Armand take Lestat and Gabrielle?
(a) Beneath Renaud's theater.
(b) Back to the tower.
(c) To the lair under Les Innocents cemetery.
(d) Into a bat cave.
12. Where does Lestat run into Armand again?
(a) At a mortals' ball.
(b) At the tower.
(c) At Les Innocents.
(d) At Renaud's theater.
13. What does Armand's story make Lestat think?
(a) That the satanic coven is good.
(b) That Armand does not know Marius.
(c) That Marius is still alive.
(d) That Armand is insane.
14. Where do Lestat and Armand go after the ball?
(a) They go hunting for fresh blood.
(b) They meet Gabrielle and go back to the tower.
(c) They go underground at the theater.
(d) They go to the Eiffel Tower.
15. What deep subjects do Lestat and Nicolas discuss?
(a) Diplomacy and exploration.
(b) Liberty and fraternity.
(c) War and peace.
(d) Philosophy and religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the one person who is not happy to hear of Lestat's good fortune?
2. From where did Armand originate?
3. What does the older female vampire tell Armand?
4. What happened to him as a boy?
5. Where do Lestat and Gabrielle go to seek refuge from the vampires?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)