|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do they go to sleep the night after the other vampires showed up?
(a) An old burial crypt in a church.
(b) In a cemetery.
(c) In the cellar of the theater.
(d) Deep in the earth.
2. How does Lestat recognize it was a mistake to change Nicki?
(a) He cannot stand the sight of him now.
(b) Nicki goes back to join the coven.
(c) Nicki's anger has made him powerful.
(d) He listenes to Gabrielle.
3. What causes the vampires to start dancing?
(a) News of Armand's death.
(b) Nicki's violin playing.
(c) A carnival in the city.
(d) Gypsie musicians outside the theater.
4. What does Lestat want to do when he sees his dying mother?
(a) Take her to Italy.
(b) Go out of her room and cry.
(c) Make her a vampire.
(d) Kill his father.
5. Why does Lestat meet up with some of Armand's coven of vampires?
(a) They are looking for Armand.
(b) Armand has killed many of them.
(c) They want to see Gabrielle.
(d) They want to become actors.
6. Where is Lestat when he wakes up?
(a) Under the Cathedral Notre Dame.
(b) In the cellar of the theater.
(c) In the vampire's tower.
(d) In his own bed.
7. What does Nicki declare about the theater?
(a) It will be burned to the ground.
(b) It will be turned into a restaurant.
(c) It will now be called Theater of the Vampires.
(d) It will never put on another show.
8. What happens to the servant of Magnus who comes into the tower?
(a) He jumps out of the tower window.
(b) He runs away.
(c) Lestat kills him.
(d) He dies of fright.
9. How do Lestat and Gabrielle escape the room where she was dying?
(a) They hide in a closet.
(b) They sneak out a window.
(c) They go out a back door.
(d) They hide under the bed.
10. What is Armand actually trying to do?
(a) Find the weaknesses of Gabrielle and Lestat.
(b) Alienate Lestat and Gabrielle.
(c) Reach out to Lestat and Gabrielle.
(d) Learn how to live with mortals.
11. What does Armand do without Lestat's permission?
(a) He kills one of the mortals at the ball.
(b) He tells everyone Lestat is a vampire.
(c) He runs away with Gabrielle.
(d) He drinks from him.
12. What does Nicki manage to do while Lestat is visiting Roget?
(a) Join what is left of Armand's coven.
(b) Find Armand and try to kill him.
(c) Kill an innocent child.
(d) Escape from Gabrielle.
13. What future friend of Lestat's does he meet when a committee comes to reward his bravery?
(b) Misseur de Lenfent.
(d) Nicolas .
14. What do Lestat and Nicolas call that moment of drunkenness when everything makes sense?
(a) The Golden Moment.
(b) The Lightning Moment.
(c) The Magic Moment.
(d) The Shining Moment.
15. What is Lestat's family situation just before the French Revolution?
(a) Feudal servants.
(b) Impoverished nobility.
(c) Middle class merchants.
(d) Wealthy land barons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Armand's story make Lestat think?
2. What does Lestat show Gabrielle the next night after she becomes a vampire?
3. Where do Lestat and Nicolas end up working?
4. What do Lestat and Gabrielle discover when they return the next night to the tower?
5. How is Lestat alerted to the rising sun?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)