|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lestat and Gabrielle discover when they return the next night to the tower?
(a) A message from other vampires.
(b) Vampires huddled around their window.
(c) The tower has fallen to the ground.
(d) Someone broke in and stole the jewels.
2. What does Gabrielle say is her dying wish?
(a) That Lestat will stay with her to the end.
(b) That Lestat is happy in Paris.
(c) That Lestat will finish his education.
(d) That Lestat will inherit her fortune.
3. What do the other vampires do that infuriates Lestat?
(a) Howl like wolves.
(b) Kill his stable boy.
(c) Set fire to the tower.
(d) Threaten to kill him and Gabrielle.
4. Who goes to the theater to make excuses for Lestat's behavior?
5. How does Nicki face Lestat after the escape from Armand's coven?
(a) Grateful for his release.
(b) Filled with anger and accusations.
(c) Happy to be with Lestat and Gabrielle.
(d) Curious about what has happened to Lestat.
6. What lie does Armand tell the remaining members of his former coven?
(a) That he is sorry for killing coven members.
(b) That he has a new source of revenue.
(c) That he has the answers they seek.
(d) That he will make amends for what he did in the past.
7. How do Lestat and Gabrielle escape the room where she was dying?
(a) They hide under the bed.
(b) They sneak out a window.
(c) They hide in a closet.
(d) They go out a back door.
8. What happens as the vampire begins to drain Lestat's blood?
(a) He tries to fight the vampire off.
(b) He has dreamlike images.
(c) He feels himself dying.
(d) He faints from fright.
9. Why does Gabrielle give gold to Lestat?
(a) So he will go to Paris with Nicolas.
(b) So he can buy her things in Paris.
(c) So he can buy her new books to read.
(d) So he will stay home and not go to Paris.
10. Where do they go to sleep the night after the other vampires showed up?
(a) In the cellar of the theater.
(b) An old burial crypt in a church.
(c) Deep in the earth.
(d) In a cemetery.
11. Why does Lestat dictate his letters to Gabrielle in Italian?
(a) So only she will know what is in them.
(b) So his father and brothers can read them, too.
(c) So she will think he is in school.
(d) So Nicolas will be impressed.
12. From where did Armand originate?
(a) In Russia.
(b) In Nepal.
(c) In Turkey.
(d) In China.
13. What does Nicki declare about the theater?
(a) It will never put on another show.
(b) It will be turned into a restaurant.
(c) It will now be called Theater of the Vampires.
(d) It will be burned to the ground.
14. What do Nicolas and Lestat propose to do to spite their families?
(a) Run away to Paris.
(b) Burn the crops.
(c) Write a novel.
(d) Live together in the village.
15. What does Lestat do with Magnus' ashes?
(a) He discards them out the window.
(b) He hides them in a coffin.
(c) He puts them in an urn.
(d) He puts them in water and drinks them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lestat learn that he can read people's minds?
2. What does Nicki manage to do while Lestat is visiting Roget?
3. How is Lestat transformed into a vampire?
4. What does Armand do without Lestat's permission?
5. Who does Lestat look up to help him with his finances?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)