|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the servant of Magnus who comes into the tower?
(a) He jumps out of the tower window.
(b) He dies of fright.
(c) He runs away.
(d) Lestat kills him.
2. What happened to him as a boy?
(a) He was abandoned in Alaska.
(b) He was sold as a slave in Venice.
(c) He was taken to see the Tsar.
(d) He was adopted by a Turk.
3. Where do Lestat and Armand go after the ball?
(a) They go to the Eiffel Tower.
(b) They go underground at the theater.
(c) They meet Gabrielle and go back to the tower.
(d) They go hunting for fresh blood.
4. Why do Lestat and Gabrielle remain inside the cathedral?
(a) To pray for rescue.
(b) So the vampires outside cannot get to them.
(c) To look at the statues.
(d) So they can rest for a while.
5. What happens as the vampire begins to drain Lestat's blood?
(a) He has dreamlike images.
(b) He faints from fright.
(c) He feels himself dying.
(d) He tries to fight the vampire off.
6. What does Lestat show Gabrielle the next night after she becomes a vampire?
(a) Where to escape the tower.
(b) The way to light the tower.
(c) How to levitate.
(d) The jewels and treasure in the tower.
7. Who enters the cathedral to bring them out?
8. What does Magnus show Lestat in the tower?
(a) A secret escape passage.
(b) A history of his life.
(c) A trap used for catching humans.
(d) A vast treasure of gold and jewels.
9. What deep subjects do Lestat and Nicolas discuss?
(a) Diplomacy and exploration.
(b) Liberty and fraternity.
(c) War and peace.
(d) Philosophy and religion.
10. Why is Gabrielle afraid of the tower after the other vampires come around?
(a) She thinks it isn't safe anymore.
(b) She thinks it will be attacked physically.
(c) She thinks it smalls bad.
(d) She thinks they will lead mortals to the tower.
11. What is it that makes Lestat uneasy watching Gabrielle?
(a) When she makes a kill.
(b) When she climbs a wall.
(c) When she makes a mistake.
(d) When she changes her clothes.
12. What is Gabrielle's first night as a vampire like?
(a) Dangerous as she makes her first kill.
(b) Short because she tires easily.
(c) Long as she tests out her powers.
(d) Long because she has many questions.
13. Where does Lestat run into Armand again?
(a) At a mortals' ball.
(b) At Les Innocents.
(c) At Renaud's theater.
(d) At the tower.
14. How does Lestat recognize it was a mistake to change Nicki?
(a) Nicki's anger has made him powerful.
(b) He listenes to Gabrielle.
(c) Nicki goes back to join the coven.
(d) He cannot stand the sight of him now.
15. Where is Lestat when he wakes up?
(a) In the cellar of the theater.
(b) In his own bed.
(c) In the vampire's tower.
(d) Under the Cathedral Notre Dame.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lestat begin to sense?
2. What does Lestat defeat that makes him a local hero?
3. What does Nicki do when he senses the presence of Lestat?
4. How do Lestat and Gabrielle escape the room where she was dying?
5. What is The Vampire Lestat?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)