|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business does Lestat purchase?
(a) Le Cage Aux Folles.
(b) Faberge Jewelry.
(c) Banque de Paris.
(d) Renaud's House of Thesbians.
2. What do Lestat and Nicolas call that moment of drunkenness when everything makes sense?
(a) The Magic Moment.
(b) The Shining Moment.
(c) The Lightning Moment.
(d) The Golden Moment.
3. What is Armand actually trying to do?
(a) Reach out to Lestat and Gabrielle.
(b) Learn how to live with mortals.
(c) Find the weaknesses of Gabrielle and Lestat.
(d) Alienate Lestat and Gabrielle.
4. What happened to him as a boy?
(a) He was sold as a slave in Venice.
(b) He was taken to see the Tsar.
(c) He was adopted by a Turk.
(d) He was abandoned in Alaska.
5. What does Lestat show Gabrielle the next night after she becomes a vampire?
(a) The jewels and treasure in the tower.
(b) How to levitate.
(c) The way to light the tower.
(d) Where to escape the tower.
6. Where is Lestat when he wakes up?
(a) In the vampire's tower.
(b) In the cellar of the theater.
(c) Under the Cathedral Notre Dame.
(d) In his own bed.
7. What does Lestat defeat that makes him a local hero?
(a) Three mountain lions.
(b) A rogue vampire.
(c) Four gypsie highwaymen.
(d) Eight wolves.
8. How is Lestat transformed into a vampire?
(a) Drinking his own blood.
(b) Drinking the blood of criminals.
(c) Drinking the blood of Nicolas.
(d) Drinking the blood of Magnus.
9. What is it that makes Lestat uneasy watching Gabrielle?
(a) When she makes a mistake.
(b) When she changes her clothes.
(c) When she climbs a wall.
(d) When she makes a kill.
10. What does Magnus show Lestat in the tower?
(a) A vast treasure of gold and jewels.
(b) A secret escape passage.
(c) A trap used for catching humans.
(d) A history of his life.
11. What does Armand do without Lestat's permission?
(a) He tells everyone Lestat is a vampire.
(b) He kills one of the mortals at the ball.
(c) He runs away with Gabrielle.
(d) He drinks from him.
12. What does the older female vampire tell Armand?
(a) That she had predicted vampires would live among mortals.
(b) That he is a fool to think he knows everything.
(c) That she can see Lestat is too powerful to kill.
(d) That he is still living in the 16th century.
13. What happens as the vampire begins to drain Lestat's blood?
(a) He faints from fright.
(b) He has dreamlike images.
(c) He tries to fight the vampire off.
(d) He feels himself dying.
14. What news does Lestat receive about his mother?
(a) She is in Paris and she is dying.
(b) She has committed suicide.
(c) She has died and is buried.
(d) She is near death in Lyons.
15. What happens to Lestat during the night in the apartment he shares with Nicolas?
(a) He is snatched through the window.
(b) He begins to sleepwalk.
(c) He becomes deathly ill.
(d) He has terrible nightmares.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Lestat and Gabrielle escape the room where she was dying?
2. What does Lestat begin to sense?
3. Where do Lestat and Gabrielle go to seek refuge from the vampires?
4. What lie does Armand tell the remaining members of his former coven?
5. What do Lestat and Gabrielle discover when they return the next night to the tower?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)