|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Lestat and Gabrielle remain inside the cathedral?
(a) To pray for rescue.
(b) So the vampires outside cannot get to them.
(c) So they can rest for a while.
(d) To look at the statues.
2. What causes the vampires to start dancing?
(a) Nicki's violin playing.
(b) Gypsie musicians outside the theater.
(c) News of Armand's death.
(d) A carnival in the city.
3. Why does Gabrielle agree to become a vampire?
(a) So she can kill her husband.
(b) So she can travel the world.
(c) So she can cheat death.
(d) So she can control Lestat.
4. How does Lestat leave Armand's coven?
(a) Carrying a torch to keep Armand away.
(b) Escaping through a window.
(c) Flying like a bat.
(d) Carrying Gabrielle and Nicolas.
5. Who made Armand a vampire?
6. Why does Lestat not kill himself in the fire when he realizes he is a vampire?
(a) He does not want to die.
(b) He wants to see what being a vampire is like.
(c) The fire has burned too low.
(d) The sun is beginning to rise and he must hide.
7. Why does Lestat meet up with some of Armand's coven of vampires?
(a) Armand has killed many of them.
(b) They are looking for Armand.
(c) They want to see Gabrielle.
(d) They want to become actors.
8. How does Magnus depart?
(a) He immolates himself in the fire.
(b) He flies out of the window.
(c) He thrusts a silver blade through his heart.
(d) He walks out of the tower into the sunlight.
9. What talent does Nicolas have that makes Lestat carried away with emotion?
(a) Playing the violin.
(c) Writing poetry.
10. For whom does Lestat purchase gifts?
(a) The poor people of Paris.
(b) Nicolas and his brothers.
(c) The people at the theater.
(d) His father and Nicolas' father.
11. What lie does Armand tell the remaining members of his former coven?
(a) That he will make amends for what he did in the past.
(b) That he is sorry for killing coven members.
(c) That he has a new source of revenue.
(d) That he has the answers they seek.
12. What does Armand want from Gabrielle and Lestat?
(a) To get part of Lestat's wealth.
(b) To travel to America with them.
(c) To form a new coven.
(d) To get them to leave Paris.
13. What do Lestat and Gabrielle know about the vampires and Nicki?
(a) That they have killed Nicki.
(b) That they do not know where Nicki is.
(c) That they are holding him prisoner.
(d) That they have made him a vampire.
14. What does Nicki declare about the theater?
(a) It will be burned to the ground.
(b) It will be turned into a restaurant.
(c) It will never put on another show.
(d) It will now be called Theater of the Vampires.
15. What business does Lestat purchase?
(a) Renaud's House of Thesbians.
(b) Banque de Paris.
(c) Le Cage Aux Folles.
(d) Faberge Jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Armand do without Lestat's permission?
2. What does Nicki manage to do while Lestat is visiting Roget?
3. What do Lestat and Gabrielle discover when they return the next night to the tower?
4. What is it that makes Lestat uneasy watching Gabrielle?
5. From where did Armand originate?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)