|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Armand want from Gabrielle and Lestat?
(a) To form a new coven.
(b) To get part of Lestat's wealth.
(c) To travel to America with them.
(d) To get them to leave Paris.
2. Who goes to the theater to make excuses for Lestat's behavior?
3. How does Nicki face Lestat after the escape from Armand's coven?
(a) Curious about what has happened to Lestat.
(b) Filled with anger and accusations.
(c) Happy to be with Lestat and Gabrielle.
(d) Grateful for his release.
4. What does Magnus show Lestat in the tower?
(a) A secret escape passage.
(b) A vast treasure of gold and jewels.
(c) A history of his life.
(d) A trap used for catching humans.
5. What causes the vampires to start dancing?
(a) Gypsie musicians outside the theater.
(b) A carnival in the city.
(c) News of Armand's death.
(d) Nicki's violin playing.
6. What happened to him as a boy?
(a) He was taken to see the Tsar.
(b) He was sold as a slave in Venice.
(c) He was abandoned in Alaska.
(d) He was adopted by a Turk.
7. How is Lestat alerted to the rising sun?
(a) He hears the church bells.
(b) His skin begins to crawl.
(c) His eyes begin to burn.
(d) He hears the birds begin to sing.
8. Why does Gabrielle give gold to Lestat?
(a) So he can buy her things in Paris.
(b) So he can buy her new books to read.
(c) So he will stay home and not go to Paris.
(d) So he will go to Paris with Nicolas.
9. What does Lestat want to do with Nicki?
(a) Send him abroad where he will be safe.
(b) Make him a vampire.
(c) Send him to Russia to study music.
(d) Teach him how to live with a vampire.
10. What do the other vampires do that infuriates Lestat?
(a) Kill his stable boy.
(b) Threaten to kill him and Gabrielle.
(c) Howl like wolves.
(d) Set fire to the tower.
11. What does Nicki manage to do while Lestat is visiting Roget?
(a) Join what is left of Armand's coven.
(b) Find Armand and try to kill him.
(c) Kill an innocent child.
(d) Escape from Gabrielle.
12. As a result of his capture, what has happened to Nicki?
(a) He has gone quite mad.
(b) He thinks he is dreaming.
(c) He is in denial.
(d) He has become a vampire.
13. Why does Gabrielle encourage Lestat to make friends with Nicolas?
(a) It is a way for him to get out into the world.
(b) It is a way of pleasing his father.
(c) It is a way for Lestat to get an education.
(d) It is a way for him to see how poor people live.
14. What does Lestat suggest to Armand?
(a) That he study books in a library.
(b) That he learn about the current age.
(c) That he leave the continent.
(d) That he go into the fire.
15. What do Lestat and Nicolas call that moment of drunkenness when everything makes sense?
(a) The Shining Moment.
(b) The Golden Moment.
(c) The Magic Moment.
(d) The Lightning Moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Armand do without Lestat's permission?
2. What does the older female vampire tell Armand?
3. How is Lestat transformed into a vampire?
4. What is the word Lestat hears that haunts him?
5. What does Lestat want to do as a vampire?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)