|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which member of his family is Lestat most connected?
(a) His mother, Gabrielle.
(b) His younger brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His older brother.
2. What does Lestat find laid out for him in the tower?
(a) A blue velvet suit with a ruffled shirt.
(b) Some of Nicolas' fine garments.
(c) His red cloak and a set of fine clothes.
(d) A black cape and a tuxedo.
3. What do Nicolas and Lestat propose to do to spite their families?
(a) Write a novel.
(b) Live together in the village.
(c) Run away to Paris.
(d) Burn the crops.
4. What do the other vampires do that infuriates Lestat?
(a) Set fire to the tower.
(b) Threaten to kill him and Gabrielle.
(c) Kill his stable boy.
(d) Howl like wolves.
5. What does Lestat show Gabrielle the next night after she becomes a vampire?
(a) How to levitate.
(b) Where to escape the tower.
(c) The jewels and treasure in the tower.
(d) The way to light the tower.
6. Which vampire has published a tell all book about vampires?
7. Why does Lestat not kill himself in the fire when he realizes he is a vampire?
(a) He wants to see what being a vampire is like.
(b) The fire has burned too low.
(c) He does not want to die.
(d) The sun is beginning to rise and he must hide.
8. What deep subjects do Lestat and Nicolas discuss?
(a) Diplomacy and exploration.
(b) Liberty and fraternity.
(c) War and peace.
(d) Philosophy and religion.
9. What does Lestat want to do with Nicki?
(a) Send him abroad where he will be safe.
(b) Send him to Russia to study music.
(c) Make him a vampire.
(d) Teach him how to live with a vampire.
10. How do Gabrielle and Lestat frighten the worshipers?
(a) They open the crypt and stand up like statues.
(b) They make wailing sounds in the crypt.
(c) They levitate the crypt.
(d) They jump out of the crypt during the mass.
11. Where do they go to sleep the night after the other vampires showed up?
(a) In the cellar of the theater.
(b) In a cemetery.
(c) An old burial crypt in a church.
(d) Deep in the earth.
12. What happens as the vampire begins to drain Lestat's blood?
(a) He has dreamlike images.
(b) He feels himself dying.
(c) He faints from fright.
(d) He tries to fight the vampire off.
13. What future friend of Lestat's does he meet when a committee comes to reward his bravery?
(b) Misseur de Lenfent.
(c) Nicolas .
14. What do Lestat and Gabrielle discover when they return the next night to the tower?
(a) Vampires huddled around their window.
(b) The tower has fallen to the ground.
(c) A message from other vampires.
(d) Someone broke in and stole the jewels.
15. Who is the one person who is not happy to hear of Lestat's good fortune?
(a) M. de Lioncourt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the cathedral to bring them out?
2. How does Magnus depart?
3. Who does Lestat look up to help him with his finances?
4. What can Lestat see while reading the minds of the vampires?
5. What do Lestat and Gabrielle know about the vampires and Nicki?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)