|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters the cathedral to bring them out?
2. What do Gabrielle and Lestat hear as they wake up in the church?
(a) Thieves robbing the church.
(b) An organ playing Mozart.
(c) A mass being said.
(d) A sanctuary full of vampires.
3. How do Gabrielle and Lestat frighten the worshipers?
(a) They levitate the crypt.
(b) They open the crypt and stand up like statues.
(c) They jump out of the crypt during the mass.
(d) They make wailing sounds in the crypt.
4. What business does Lestat purchase?
(a) Le Cage Aux Folles.
(b) Faberge Jewelry.
(c) Banque de Paris.
(d) Renaud's House of Thesbians.
5. What does Lestat want to do when he sees his dying mother?
(a) Go out of her room and cry.
(b) Kill his father.
(c) Make her a vampire.
(d) Take her to Italy.
6. Why does Lestat meet up with some of Armand's coven of vampires?
(a) They want to become actors.
(b) Armand has killed many of them.
(c) They want to see Gabrielle.
(d) They are looking for Armand.
7. What does Gabrielle say is her dying wish?
(a) That Lestat will finish his education.
(b) That Lestat is happy in Paris.
(c) That Lestat will stay with her to the end.
(d) That Lestat will inherit her fortune.
8. What happens to the servant of Magnus who comes into the tower?
(a) He jumps out of the tower window.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He dies of fright.
(d) Lestat kills him.
9. What does Gabrielle hear as she and Lestat move through the night?
(a) Laughter in the pubs.
(b) Bells ringing in hell.
(c) Voices of other vampires.
(d) Voices of the dead.
10. Who is the one person who is not happy to hear of Lestat's good fortune?
(c) M. de Lioncourt.
11. What does Nicki do when he senses the presence of Lestat?
(a) Looks out the window.
(b) Starts shouting.
(c) Leaves his room.
(d) Plays his violin.
12. With which member of his family is Lestat most connected?
(a) His father.
(b) His younger brother.
(c) His older brother.
(d) His mother, Gabrielle.
13. What does Lestat defeat that makes him a local hero?
(a) A rogue vampire.
(b) Three mountain lions.
(c) Eight wolves.
(d) Four gypsie highwaymen.
14. Why does Gabrielle encourage Lestat to make friends with Nicolas?
(a) It is a way for him to see how poor people live.
(b) It is a way for Lestat to get an education.
(c) It is a way for him to get out into the world.
(d) It is a way of pleasing his father.
15. What is Armand actually trying to do?
(a) Find the weaknesses of Gabrielle and Lestat.
(b) Alienate Lestat and Gabrielle.
(c) Reach out to Lestat and Gabrielle.
(d) Learn how to live with mortals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is The Vampire Lestat?
2. Where do Lestat and Gabrielle go to seek refuge from the vampires?
3. What does Nicki manage to do while Lestat is visiting Roget?
4. What do all of the dead bodies in the tower have in common?
5. What does Armand want from Gabrielle and Lestat?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)