|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Gabrielle afraid of the tower after the other vampires come around?
(a) She thinks it isn't safe anymore.
(b) She thinks it will be attacked physically.
(c) She thinks it smalls bad.
(d) She thinks they will lead mortals to the tower.
2. What happens as the vampire begins to drain Lestat's blood?
(a) He feels himself dying.
(b) He tries to fight the vampire off.
(c) He faints from fright.
(d) He has dreamlike images.
3. What do Lestat and Nicolas call that moment of drunkenness when everything makes sense?
(a) The Shining Moment.
(b) The Magic Moment.
(c) The Golden Moment.
(d) The Lightning Moment.
4. What is Armand actually trying to do?
(a) Learn how to live with mortals.
(b) Alienate Lestat and Gabrielle.
(c) Find the weaknesses of Gabrielle and Lestat.
(d) Reach out to Lestat and Gabrielle.
5. What does Lestat do onstage at the theater?
(a) A repeat of his old Lelio character.
(b) A performance that frightens the audience.
(c) Bites the head off a rat.
(d) Shows his fangs and drinks blood.
6. How does Magnus depart?
(a) He flies out of the window.
(b) He immolates himself in the fire.
(c) He thrusts a silver blade through his heart.
(d) He walks out of the tower into the sunlight.
7. How does Nicki face Lestat after the escape from Armand's coven?
(a) Curious about what has happened to Lestat.
(b) Filled with anger and accusations.
(c) Grateful for his release.
(d) Happy to be with Lestat and Gabrielle.
8. How does Lestat feel about the gold and jewels in the tower?
(a) He thinks he should put it somewhere safer.
(b) He knows he will always have enough money.
(c) He decides to give it to Gabrielle.
(d) He wants to give it all to the poor.
9. Why does Lestat climb a wall?
(a) To see Nicki.
(b) To escape the other vampires.
(c) To look for Magnus.
(d) To see the skyline.
10. As a result of his capture, what has happened to Nicki?
(a) He thinks he is dreaming.
(b) He is in denial.
(c) He has gone quite mad.
(d) He has become a vampire.
11. What news does Lestat receive about his mother?
(a) She is in Paris and she is dying.
(b) She has committed suicide.
(c) She has died and is buried.
(d) She is near death in Lyons.
12. What is the word Lestat hears that haunts him?
(b) Gold digger.
(d) Evil doer.
13. What happens to the servant of Magnus who comes into the tower?
(a) He jumps out of the tower window.
(b) He runs away.
(c) Lestat kills him.
(d) He dies of fright.
14. How does Lestat learn that he can read people's minds?
(a) He is distrubed by the thoughts of people outside.
(b) He senses a human in the tower.
(c) He hears Nicolas calling for him.
(d) He can hear his mother thinking about him.
15. How is Lestat transformed into a vampire?
(a) Drinking the blood of Magnus.
(b) Drinking the blood of criminals.
(c) Drinking his own blood.
(d) Drinking the blood of Nicolas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other vampires do that infuriates Lestat?
2. What does Nicki declare about the theater?
3. What does the older female vampire tell Armand?
4. After seeing Nicki, where does Lestat go the next night?
5. What does Lestat find laid out for him in the tower?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)