|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What talent does Nicolas have that makes Lestat carried away with emotion?
(a) Playing the violin.
(d) Writing poetry.
2. Where does Lestat run into Armand again?
(a) At a mortals' ball.
(b) At the tower.
(c) At Les Innocents.
(d) At Renaud's theater.
3. What is it that makes Lestat uneasy watching Gabrielle?
(a) When she changes her clothes.
(b) When she makes a mistake.
(c) When she climbs a wall.
(d) When she makes a kill.
4. What does Lestat find laid out for him in the tower?
(a) A black cape and a tuxedo.
(b) His red cloak and a set of fine clothes.
(c) Some of Nicolas' fine garments.
(d) A blue velvet suit with a ruffled shirt.
5. As a result of his capture, what has happened to Nicki?
(a) He is in denial.
(b) He has gone quite mad.
(c) He thinks he is dreaming.
(d) He has become a vampire.
6. What do Nicolas and Lestat propose to do to spite their families?
(a) Write a novel.
(b) Burn the crops.
(c) Live together in the village.
(d) Run away to Paris.
7. After Armand destroys his coven, what does he try to do?
(a) To reach out to Lestat for companionship.
(b) To find Lestat and kill him.
(c) To find himself another coven.
(d) To leave Paris and go to Egypt.
8. What is Lestat's family situation just before the French Revolution?
(a) Wealthy land barons.
(b) Middle class merchants.
(c) Impoverished nobility.
(d) Feudal servants.
9. Where is Lestat when he wakes up?
(a) In his own bed.
(b) In the cellar of the theater.
(c) Under the Cathedral Notre Dame.
(d) In the vampire's tower.
10. How does Lestat feel about the gold and jewels in the tower?
(a) He wants to give it all to the poor.
(b) He thinks he should put it somewhere safer.
(c) He decides to give it to Gabrielle.
(d) He knows he will always have enough money.
11. What happened to him as a boy?
(a) He was adopted by a Turk.
(b) He was abandoned in Alaska.
(c) He was taken to see the Tsar.
(d) He was sold as a slave in Venice.
12. What do Gabrielle and Lestat hear as they wake up in the church?
(a) A mass being said.
(b) A sanctuary full of vampires.
(c) An organ playing Mozart.
(d) Thieves robbing the church.
13. What does Lestat show Gabrielle the next night after she becomes a vampire?
(a) The way to light the tower.
(b) How to levitate.
(c) Where to escape the tower.
(d) The jewels and treasure in the tower.
14. What does Nicki declare about the theater?
(a) It will be burned to the ground.
(b) It will now be called Theater of the Vampires.
(c) It will never put on another show.
(d) It will be turned into a restaurant.
15. Why does Gabrielle give gold to Lestat?
(a) So he can buy her new books to read.
(b) So he can buy her things in Paris.
(c) So he will go to Paris with Nicolas.
(d) So he will stay home and not go to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lestat not kill himself in the fire when he realizes he is a vampire?
2. What does Gabrielle say is her dying wish?
3. What is it that Armand insists on but Lestat scorns?
4. What does Lestat begin to sense?
5. For whom does Lestat purchase gifts?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)