|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lestat climb a wall?
(a) To escape the other vampires.
(b) To see Nicki.
(c) To see the skyline.
(d) To look for Magnus.
2. How is Lestat alerted to the rising sun?
(a) He hears the birds begin to sing.
(b) He hears the church bells.
(c) His eyes begin to burn.
(d) His skin begins to crawl.
3. Why does Lestat meet up with some of Armand's coven of vampires?
(a) They are looking for Armand.
(b) Armand has killed many of them.
(c) They want to see Gabrielle.
(d) They want to become actors.
4. Why does Lestat dictate his letters to Gabrielle in Italian?
(a) So she will think he is in school.
(b) So Nicolas will be impressed.
(c) So his father and brothers can read them, too.
(d) So only she will know what is in them.
5. What do Nicolas and Lestat propose to do to spite their families?
(a) Write a novel.
(b) Burn the crops.
(c) Run away to Paris.
(d) Live together in the village.
6. What is Lestat's family situation just before the French Revolution?
(a) Impoverished nobility.
(b) Feudal servants.
(c) Wealthy land barons.
(d) Middle class merchants.
7. What future friend of Lestat's does he meet when a committee comes to reward his bravery?
(a) Misseur de Lenfent.
(d) Nicolas .
8. What happens to the servant of Magnus who comes into the tower?
(a) He jumps out of the tower window.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He dies of fright.
(d) Lestat kills him.
9. What news does Lestat receive about his mother?
(a) She has committed suicide.
(b) She is in Paris and she is dying.
(c) She is near death in Lyons.
(d) She has died and is buried.
10. Why does Gabrielle give gold to Lestat?
(a) So he will go to Paris with Nicolas.
(b) So he can buy her new books to read.
(c) So he can buy her things in Paris.
(d) So he will stay home and not go to Paris.
11. What is Armand actually trying to do?
(a) Alienate Lestat and Gabrielle.
(b) Find the weaknesses of Gabrielle and Lestat.
(c) Reach out to Lestat and Gabrielle.
(d) Learn how to live with mortals.
12. What does Nicki manage to do while Lestat is visiting Roget?
(a) Kill an innocent child.
(b) Escape from Gabrielle.
(c) Find Armand and try to kill him.
(d) Join what is left of Armand's coven.
13. What does Lestat defeat that makes him a local hero?
(a) A rogue vampire.
(b) Four gypsie highwaymen.
(c) Eight wolves.
(d) Three mountain lions.
14. Where do Lestat and Gabrielle go to seek refuge from the vampires?
(a) The Champs Elysee.
(b) A bank vault.
(c) The cathedral of Notre Dame.
(d) The theater.
15. Where do Lestat and Armand go after the ball?
(a) They go hunting for fresh blood.
(b) They meet Gabrielle and go back to the tower.
(c) They go underground at the theater.
(d) They go to the Eiffel Tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Armand's story make Lestat think?
2. What can Lestat see while reading the minds of the vampires?
3. How is Lestat transformed into a vampire?
4. How does Lestat recognize it was a mistake to change Nicki?
5. What is it that makes Lestat uneasy watching Gabrielle?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)