|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that makes Lestat uneasy watching Gabrielle?
(a) When she makes a mistake.
(b) When she climbs a wall.
(c) When she makes a kill.
(d) When she changes her clothes.
2. After Armand destroys his coven, what does he try to do?
(a) To find Lestat and kill him.
(b) To reach out to Lestat for companionship.
(c) To find himself another coven.
(d) To leave Paris and go to Egypt.
3. From where did Armand originate?
(a) In Nepal.
(b) In Russia.
(c) In China.
(d) In Turkey.
4. How does Lestat recognize it was a mistake to change Nicki?
(a) He cannot stand the sight of him now.
(b) Nicki's anger has made him powerful.
(c) He listenes to Gabrielle.
(d) Nicki goes back to join the coven.
5. What is Lestat's family situation just before the French Revolution?
(a) Impoverished nobility.
(b) Feudal servants.
(c) Wealthy land barons.
(d) Middle class merchants.
6. What does Magnus show Lestat in the tower?
(a) A vast treasure of gold and jewels.
(b) A trap used for catching humans.
(c) A history of his life.
(d) A secret escape passage.
7. Why does Lestat climb a wall?
(a) To look for Magnus.
(b) To see Nicki.
(c) To see the skyline.
(d) To escape the other vampires.
8. Why does Lestat dictate his letters to Gabrielle in Italian?
(a) So Nicolas will be impressed.
(b) So only she will know what is in them.
(c) So she will think he is in school.
(d) So his father and brothers can read them, too.
9. What does Lestat find laid out for him in the tower?
(a) Some of Nicolas' fine garments.
(b) A blue velvet suit with a ruffled shirt.
(c) His red cloak and a set of fine clothes.
(d) A black cape and a tuxedo.
10. What is Armand actually trying to do?
(a) Find the weaknesses of Gabrielle and Lestat.
(b) Reach out to Lestat and Gabrielle.
(c) Learn how to live with mortals.
(d) Alienate Lestat and Gabrielle.
11. Where do they go to sleep the night after the other vampires showed up?
(a) An old burial crypt in a church.
(b) Deep in the earth.
(c) In a cemetery.
(d) In the cellar of the theater.
12. What does Lestat do with Magnus' ashes?
(a) He puts them in an urn.
(b) He discards them out the window.
(c) He hides them in a coffin.
(d) He puts them in water and drinks them.
13. Why does Gabrielle agree to become a vampire?
(a) So she can cheat death.
(b) So she can control Lestat.
(c) So she can travel the world.
(d) So she can kill her husband.
14. Why does Gabrielle encourage Lestat to make friends with Nicolas?
(a) It is a way for him to see how poor people live.
(b) It is a way for him to get out into the world.
(c) It is a way for Lestat to get an education.
(d) It is a way of pleasing his father.
15. Where is Lestat when he wakes up?
(a) In the vampire's tower.
(b) Under the Cathedral Notre Dame.
(c) In the cellar of the theater.
(d) In his own bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gabrielle give gold to Lestat?
2. What does Armand want from Gabrielle and Lestat?
3. Which vampire has published a tell all book about vampires?
4. For whom does Lestat purchase gifts?
5. What does Lestat want to do with Nicki?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)