|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lestat not kill himself in the fire when he realizes he is a vampire?
(a) He does not want to die.
(b) He wants to see what being a vampire is like.
(c) The sun is beginning to rise and he must hide.
(d) The fire has burned too low.
2. What does Armand do without Lestat's permission?
(a) He kills one of the mortals at the ball.
(b) He runs away with Gabrielle.
(c) He drinks from him.
(d) He tells everyone Lestat is a vampire.
3. What does Nicki declare about the theater?
(a) It will now be called Theater of the Vampires.
(b) It will be turned into a restaurant.
(c) It will be burned to the ground.
(d) It will never put on another show.
4. Why does Gabrielle encourage Lestat to make friends with Nicolas?
(a) It is a way for Lestat to get an education.
(b) It is a way for him to get out into the world.
(c) It is a way for him to see how poor people live.
(d) It is a way of pleasing his father.
5. What does Lestat defeat that makes him a local hero?
(a) A rogue vampire.
(b) Four gypsie highwaymen.
(c) Eight wolves.
(d) Three mountain lions.
6. How do Lestat and Gabrielle escape the room where she was dying?
(a) They hide under the bed.
(b) They sneak out a window.
(c) They go out a back door.
(d) They hide in a closet.
7. How does Lestat recognize it was a mistake to change Nicki?
(a) He cannot stand the sight of him now.
(b) He listenes to Gabrielle.
(c) Nicki goes back to join the coven.
(d) Nicki's anger has made him powerful.
8. What is the coven's main objection to Lestat?
(a) That he made a vampire of his mother.
(b) That he was not in a coven.
(c) That he had so much wealth.
(d) That he had made himself known to mortals.
9. What is Gabrielle's first night as a vampire like?
(a) Long because she has many questions.
(b) Long as she tests out her powers.
(c) Short because she tires easily.
(d) Dangerous as she makes her first kill.
10. What do Nicolas and Lestat propose to do to spite their families?
(a) Write a novel.
(b) Run away to Paris.
(c) Live together in the village.
(d) Burn the crops.
11. How does Magnus depart?
(a) He walks out of the tower into the sunlight.
(b) He thrusts a silver blade through his heart.
(c) He flies out of the window.
(d) He immolates himself in the fire.
12. What happens to the servant of Magnus who comes into the tower?
(a) He dies of fright.
(b) Lestat kills him.
(c) He jumps out of the tower window.
(d) He runs away.
13. What does Armand agree not to do?
(a) Leave Lestat and Gabrielle.
(b) Go to the theater.
(c) See his old coven members.
(d) Harm Nicki.
14. What news does Lestat receive about his mother?
(a) She has died and is buried.
(b) She has committed suicide.
(c) She is near death in Lyons.
(d) She is in Paris and she is dying.
15. What is it that Armand insists on but Lestat scorns?
(a) Never making another vampire.
(b) Publishing a history of the vampires.
(c) Living by rules.
(d) Hunting only young mortals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do they go to sleep the night after the other vampires showed up?
2. What happens as the vampire begins to drain Lestat's blood?
3. What does Armand's story make Lestat think?
4. How does Lestat leave Armand's coven?
5. For whom does Lestat purchase gifts?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)