|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Gabrielle and Lestat hear as they wake up in the church?
(a) Thieves robbing the church.
(b) A sanctuary full of vampires.
(c) A mass being said.
(d) An organ playing Mozart.
2. Where do they go to sleep the night after the other vampires showed up?
(a) An old burial crypt in a church.
(b) In the cellar of the theater.
(c) In a cemetery.
(d) Deep in the earth.
3. How does Nicki face Lestat after the escape from Armand's coven?
(a) Happy to be with Lestat and Gabrielle.
(b) Grateful for his release.
(c) Filled with anger and accusations.
(d) Curious about what has happened to Lestat.
4. How do Lestat and Gabrielle escape the room where she was dying?
(a) They go out a back door.
(b) They sneak out a window.
(c) They hide under the bed.
(d) They hide in a closet.
5. Why does Gabrielle encourage Lestat to make friends with Nicolas?
(a) It is a way of pleasing his father.
(b) It is a way for Lestat to get an education.
(c) It is a way for him to get out into the world.
(d) It is a way for him to see how poor people live.
6. Who enters the cathedral to bring them out?
7. How does Lestat leave Armand's coven?
(a) Carrying Gabrielle and Nicolas.
(b) Escaping through a window.
(c) Flying like a bat.
(d) Carrying a torch to keep Armand away.
8. What happened to him as a boy?
(a) He was taken to see the Tsar.
(b) He was abandoned in Alaska.
(c) He was adopted by a Turk.
(d) He was sold as a slave in Venice.
9. What does Lestat do with Magnus' ashes?
(a) He puts them in water and drinks them.
(b) He hides them in a coffin.
(c) He puts them in an urn.
(d) He discards them out the window.
10. Who is the one person who is not happy to hear of Lestat's good fortune?
(a) M. de Lioncourt.
11. What does Lestat suggest to Armand?
(a) That he learn about the current age.
(b) That he leave the continent.
(c) That he study books in a library.
(d) That he go into the fire.
12. What is Lestat's family situation just before the French Revolution?
(a) Feudal servants.
(b) Impoverished nobility.
(c) Wealthy land barons.
(d) Middle class merchants.
13. What does Lestat want to do when he sees his dying mother?
(a) Go out of her room and cry.
(b) Kill his father.
(c) Make her a vampire.
(d) Take her to Italy.
14. What do Nicolas and Lestat propose to do to spite their families?
(a) Live together in the village.
(b) Burn the crops.
(c) Write a novel.
(d) Run away to Paris.
15. What can Lestat see while reading the minds of the vampires?
(a) They are disorganized.
(b) They are all dying.
(c) They plan to drink his blood to get his strength.
(d) Nicolas is being hel prisoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lestat feel about the gold and jewels in the tower?
2. Why do Lestat and Gabrielle remain inside the cathedral?
3. With which member of his family is Lestat most connected?
4. What is Gabrielle's first night as a vampire like?
5. What does Lestat go to find to try and help calm Nicki down?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)