|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Gabrielle and Lestat frighten the worshipers?
(a) They open the crypt and stand up like statues.
(b) They make wailing sounds in the crypt.
(c) They jump out of the crypt during the mass.
(d) They levitate the crypt.
2. What does Gabrielle say is her dying wish?
(a) That Lestat will finish his education.
(b) That Lestat is happy in Paris.
(c) That Lestat will stay with her to the end.
(d) That Lestat will inherit her fortune.
3. What do Lestat and Gabrielle know about the vampires and Nicki?
(a) That they have made him a vampire.
(b) That they do not know where Nicki is.
(c) That they are holding him prisoner.
(d) That they have killed Nicki.
4. What does Armand agree not to do?
(a) Harm Nicki.
(b) See his old coven members.
(c) Go to the theater.
(d) Leave Lestat and Gabrielle.
5. Why does Lestat climb a wall?
(a) To see Nicki.
(b) To look for Magnus.
(c) To escape the other vampires.
(d) To see the skyline.
6. What news does Lestat receive about his mother?
(a) She is in Paris and she is dying.
(b) She is near death in Lyons.
(c) She has committed suicide.
(d) She has died and is buried.
7. What talent does Nicolas have that makes Lestat carried away with emotion?
(a) Playing the violin.
(b) Writing poetry.
8. Where does Armand take Lestat and Gabrielle?
(a) To the lair under Les Innocents cemetery.
(b) Back to the tower.
(c) Into a bat cave.
(d) Beneath Renaud's theater.
9. From where did Armand originate?
(a) In Nepal.
(b) In Turkey.
(c) In Russia.
(d) In China.
10. Who enters the cathedral to bring them out?
11. What does Magnus show Lestat in the tower?
(a) A vast treasure of gold and jewels.
(b) A history of his life.
(c) A secret escape passage.
(d) A trap used for catching humans.
12. After Armand destroys his coven, what does he try to do?
(a) To reach out to Lestat for companionship.
(b) To find Lestat and kill him.
(c) To find himself another coven.
(d) To leave Paris and go to Egypt.
13. What does Lestat defeat that makes him a local hero?
(a) Four gypsie highwaymen.
(b) Three mountain lions.
(c) A rogue vampire.
(d) Eight wolves.
14. What is Gabrielle's first night as a vampire like?
(a) Short because she tires easily.
(b) Dangerous as she makes her first kill.
(c) Long as she tests out her powers.
(d) Long because she has many questions.
15. What does Lestat begin to sense?
(a) Vampire hunters in the area.
(b) Some people figuring out what he is.
(c) The fear in animals he encounters.
(d) Other immortals watching him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Armand actually trying to do?
2. For whom does Lestat purchase gifts?
3. What does Armand's story make Lestat think?
4. Where do Lestat and Armand go after the ball?
5. Why does Lestat not kill himself in the fire when he realizes he is a vampire?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)