|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Lestat purchase gifts?
(a) The poor people of Paris.
(b) His father and Nicolas' father.
(c) Nicolas and his brothers.
(d) The people at the theater.
2. What does Gabrielle say is her dying wish?
(a) That Lestat will stay with her to the end.
(b) That Lestat will inherit her fortune.
(c) That Lestat will finish his education.
(d) That Lestat is happy in Paris.
3. What does Armand do without Lestat's permission?
(a) He kills one of the mortals at the ball.
(b) He drinks from him.
(c) He tells everyone Lestat is a vampire.
(d) He runs away with Gabrielle.
4. What is Gabrielle's condition at the beginning of the story?
(a) She is planning to run away.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is dying.
(d) She is a vampire.
5. What is Armand actually trying to do?
(a) Reach out to Lestat and Gabrielle.
(b) Alienate Lestat and Gabrielle.
(c) Learn how to live with mortals.
(d) Find the weaknesses of Gabrielle and Lestat.
6. What does Nicki manage to do while Lestat is visiting Roget?
(a) Find Armand and try to kill him.
(b) Join what is left of Armand's coven.
(c) Escape from Gabrielle.
(d) Kill an innocent child.
7. Who does Lestat look up to help him with his finances?
(a) A lawyer named Pierre Roget.
(b) A pawnbroker named Jacques Bergerac.
(c) An accountant named Cratchet.
(d) A banker named Robespierre.
8. What news does Lestat receive about his mother?
(a) She is near death in Lyons.
(b) She has committed suicide.
(c) She has died and is buried.
(d) She is in Paris and she is dying.
9. What is it that Armand insists on but Lestat scorns?
(a) Hunting only young mortals.
(b) Never making another vampire.
(c) Publishing a history of the vampires.
(d) Living by rules.
10. How does Magnus depart?
(a) He walks out of the tower into the sunlight.
(b) He thrusts a silver blade through his heart.
(c) He flies out of the window.
(d) He immolates himself in the fire.
11. What does Lestat want to do when he sees his dying mother?
(a) Kill his father.
(b) Make her a vampire.
(c) Take her to Italy.
(d) Go out of her room and cry.
12. What talent does Nicolas have that makes Lestat carried away with emotion?
(b) Writing poetry.
(c) Playing the violin.
13. What does the older female vampire tell Armand?
(a) That he is still living in the 16th century.
(b) That she can see Lestat is too powerful to kill.
(c) That she had predicted vampires would live among mortals.
(d) That he is a fool to think he knows everything.
14. What does Lestat find laid out for him in the tower?
(a) A blue velvet suit with a ruffled shirt.
(b) Some of Nicolas' fine garments.
(c) A black cape and a tuxedo.
(d) His red cloak and a set of fine clothes.
15. As a result of his capture, what has happened to Nicki?
(a) He is in denial.
(b) He has become a vampire.
(c) He thinks he is dreaming.
(d) He has gone quite mad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Lestat and Gabrielle escape the room where she was dying?
2. What is Gabrielle's first night as a vampire like?
3. Who goes to the theater to make excuses for Lestat's behavior?
4. What does Armand want from Gabrielle and Lestat?
5. With which member of his family is Lestat most connected?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)