|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lestat not kill himself in the fire when he realizes he is a vampire?
(a) He wants to see what being a vampire is like.
(b) He does not want to die.
(c) The fire has burned too low.
(d) The sun is beginning to rise and he must hide.
2. What do Lestat and Gabrielle discover when they return the next night to the tower?
(a) The tower has fallen to the ground.
(b) Vampires huddled around their window.
(c) A message from other vampires.
(d) Someone broke in and stole the jewels.
3. After seeing Nicki, where does Lestat go the next night?
(a) To the House of Thespians.
(b) To walk along the Seine.
(c) To the top of the Eiffel Tower.
(d) To the Comedie Francaise.
4. Where do Lestat and Nicolas end up working?
(a) In a nightclub.
(b) In a bookstore.
(c) In a theater.
(d) In a circus.
5. What does Lestat want to do as a vampire?
(a) Make another vampire to be his friend.
(b) Pass himself off as a mortal.
(c) Kill as many as he can find alone.
(d) Find other vampires to ask questions.
6. What does Armand want from Gabrielle and Lestat?
(a) To travel to America with them.
(b) To form a new coven.
(c) To get them to leave Paris.
(d) To get part of Lestat's wealth.
7. How does Lestat learn that he can read people's minds?
(a) He can hear his mother thinking about him.
(b) He senses a human in the tower.
(c) He hears Nicolas calling for him.
(d) He is distrubed by the thoughts of people outside.
8. What is it that Armand insists on but Lestat scorns?
(a) Publishing a history of the vampires.
(b) Living by rules.
(c) Never making another vampire.
(d) Hunting only young mortals.
9. What news does Lestat receive about his mother?
(a) She is in Paris and she is dying.
(b) She has died and is buried.
(c) She is near death in Lyons.
(d) She has committed suicide.
10. What is the coven's main objection to Lestat?
(a) That he was not in a coven.
(b) That he made a vampire of his mother.
(c) That he had made himself known to mortals.
(d) That he had so much wealth.
11. How do Gabrielle and Lestat frighten the worshipers?
(a) They make wailing sounds in the crypt.
(b) They levitate the crypt.
(c) They jump out of the crypt during the mass.
(d) They open the crypt and stand up like statues.
12. What do all of the dead bodies in the tower have in common?
(a) They are all smiling.
(b) They all have blond hair and blue eyes.
(c) They are all criminals.
(d) They are all tall and thin.
13. What does Lestat go to find to try and help calm Nicki down?
(a) Some fresh blood.
(b) Some new books.
(c) His father.
(d) His violin.
14. What is it that makes Lestat uneasy watching Gabrielle?
(a) When she climbs a wall.
(b) When she changes her clothes.
(c) When she makes a mistake.
(d) When she makes a kill.
15. What does Lestat show Gabrielle the next night after she becomes a vampire?
(a) How to levitate.
(b) The jewels and treasure in the tower.
(c) Where to escape the tower.
(d) The way to light the tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to cause Gabrielle to go into hysterics?
2. How does Lestat feel about the gold and jewels in the tower?
3. Why do Lestat and Gabrielle remain inside the cathedral?
4. Why does Gabrielle agree to become a vampire?
5. How does Magnus depart?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)