|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Christian?
2. What does the headmistress do about Lissa's powers?
3. How do the events in the woods affect Rose and Lissa?
4. How does Lissa turn the royals to her side?
5. Why does Rose worry about being a guardian?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the kidnapping, what happens to the relationships of Lissa, Rose, Christian, and Dimitri?
2. In Chapter 16, what does Rose tell Lissa about her powers, and how does Lissa respond?
3. What happens when Mason and Rose confront Jesse and Ralph at the dance?
4. In Chapter 13, what is Rose's main concern about being a guardian?
5. What happens to Lissa after healing Rose's leg and her confrontation with Christian?
6. What does Rose wake up to find in the clinic after the trip to the mall?
7. Why is Lissa using compulsion on the royals?
8. How does Mason convince Rose to go out?
9. What is the result of Rose and Mason starting rumors about Mia?
10. In Chapter 14, what is happening to the relationship between Rose and Mason?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the responsible use of power in Vampire Academy. Which characters use their powers responsibly, and what effects does this have? Which characters abuse their powers or the powers of others, and what happens?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the story, the teens are shown to be very good fighters, but just not quite good enough. Who ends up helping Lissa and Rose, throughout the story? What might happen if the adults do not come to Rose and Lissa's rescue throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Is the narrator in Vampire Academy reliable? If so, cite at least three examples from the story that prove the reliability of the narrator. If not, explain what plot devices are used to show the unreliable narrator, and list examples of each.
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)