|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lissa doing as she rejoins the royal clique?
2. How do the events in the woods affect Rose and Lissa?
3. How does Lissa react to Mia's gossip about her and Christian?
4. Who was behind the kidnapping?
5. What does the headmistress think about Rose's story that Lissa has been kidnapped by guardians?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Lissa after healing Rose's leg and her confrontation with Christian?
2. In Chapter 14, what is happening to the relationship between Rose and Mason?
3. At the end of the book, how do Lissa and Rose feel about Lissa's powers?
4. What is happening to the friendship of Rose and Lissa in Chapter 13?
5. Describe Lissa's relationships with boys in Chapters 15 and 16.
6. How does Mason convince Rose to go out?
7. At the mall, what do Dimitri and Rose talk about?
8. What happens when the guardians arrive at the cabin?
9. In Chapter 16, what does Rose tell Lissa about her powers, and how does Lissa respond?
10. In Chapter 13, what is Rose's main concern about being a guardian?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the story, Both Mia and Rachel spread rumors. Describe this rumor battle between the two girls. What rumors are spread by whom, and what effects do they have? Do the rumors have the effects intended by the ones who started them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss public opinion. Throughout the story, what affects does public opinion have on the main characters? Be specific in your answers, and cite examples from the story as evidence.
Essay Topic 3
Rose refuses to accept Christian based on a preconception she has from what happened to his parents. Is Rose right to "play it safe" by not trusting him because of his parents' faults? What other characters have been given a raw deal due to preconceptions?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)