|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victor bring Rose?
2. How does Mason distract the staff long enough to get Rose out of her room?
3. Where does Rose wake up after her incident?
4. Who start the rumors about Mia?
5. Why has Christian been avoiding Lissa?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lissa using compulsion on the royals?
2. Describe Lissa's relationships with boys in Chapters 15 and 16.
3. What happens when Rose tries to tell Dimitri about Lissa's kidnapping?
4. In Chapter 14, what is happening to the relationship between Rose and Mason?
5. What is the result of Rose and Mason starting rumors about Mia?
6. What happens when Mason and Rose confront Jesse and Ralph at the dance?
7. In Chapter 13, what is Rose's main concern about being a guardian?
8. How does Mason convince Rose to go out?
9. At the end of the book, how do Lissa and Rose feel about Lissa's powers?
10. Describe the events that cause Rose and Lissa to escape.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the responsible use of power in Vampire Academy. Which characters use their powers responsibly, and what effects does this have? Which characters abuse their powers or the powers of others, and what happens?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the social structure of the academy. What are the various class distinctions? Where do Rose, Lissa, and their friends fit in?
Essay Topic 3
Is the narrator in Vampire Academy reliable? If so, cite at least three examples from the story that prove the reliability of the narrator. If not, explain what plot devices are used to show the unreliable narrator, and list examples of each.
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)