|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Rose and Lissa escape the academy?
2. How does Rose know that Lissa is manipulating the royals?
3. Why does Rose want Lissa to stop trying to be friends with the royals?
4. What happens when Rose breaks the wooden bench?
5. Who helped Vladimir through his hard times?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the kidnapping, what happens to the relationships of Lissa, Rose, Christian, and Dimitri?
2. What does Victor reveal about Lissa's powers?
3. In Chapter 16, what does Rose tell Lissa about her powers, and how does Lissa respond?
4. What happens when Rose tries to tell Dimitri about Lissa's kidnapping?
5. What transpires between Christian and Lissa in the attic in Chapter 18?
6. Describe the events that cause Rose and Lissa to escape.
7. At the mall, what do Dimitri and Rose talk about?
8. What is happening to the friendship of Rose and Lissa in Chapter 13?
9. Why is Rose so concerned about Lissa getting drunk?
10. What happens to Lissa after healing Rose's leg and her confrontation with Christian?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This story introduces some new elements into the ever growing vampire mythology. What new elements are introduced in Vampire Academy? How are they different from other, more traditional vampire stories?
Essay Topic 2
What is the point of view of Vampire Academy? Why do you think Richelle Mead chose this point of view, and how might the story be different if told from a different point of view?
Essay Topic 3
Victor tells Lissa that she is addicted to her powers, and that she will use them no matter what, and that they will kill her eventually. What is Victor's reason for telling Lissa this. Is he right about her desire to use her powers? Is he right about Lissa's fate should she continue to use the powers?
This section contains 1,182 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)