|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dimitri find Lissa?
2. What does the headmistress think about Rose's story that Lissa has been kidnapped by guardians?
3. Who helped Vladimir through his hard times?
4. What happens to Lissa after the dance?
5. Why is Lissa angry at Rose?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lissa's relationships with boys in Chapters 15 and 16.
2. In Chapter 14, what is happening to the relationship between Rose and Mason?
3. Over the course of this book, how have Rose and Lissa changed?
4. What transpires between Christian and Lissa in the attic in Chapter 18?
5. What happens when Rose and Christian find Lissa in the woods?
6. How does Mason convince Rose to go out?
7. What is the result of Rose and Mason starting rumors about Mia?
8. In Chapter 16, what does Rose tell Lissa about her powers, and how does Lissa respond?
9. What is happening to the friendship of Rose and Lissa in Chapter 13?
10. After the kidnapping, what happens to the relationships of Lissa, Rose, Christian, and Dimitri?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the significance of the psychic link between Rose and Lissa. If it is not significant, explain why.
Essay Topic 2
Rose refuses to accept Christian based on a preconception she has from what happened to his parents. Is Rose right to "play it safe" by not trusting him because of his parents' faults? What other characters have been given a raw deal due to preconceptions?
Essay Topic 3
After Lissa is rescued, how do the the girls react to the rumors and social back biting at school? Why do they feel this way now?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)