|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Lissa after the dance?
2. Who was behind the kidnapping?
3. Why has Christian been avoiding Lissa?
4. Why does Rose want Lissa to stop trying to be friends with the royals?
5. Why do Ralph and Jesse claim to have had sex with and fed on Rose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening to the friendship of Rose and Lissa in Chapter 13?
2. What happens when Mason and Rose confront Jesse and Ralph at the dance?
3. Who is behind Lissa's kidnapping, and why?
4. In Chapter 16, what does Rose tell Lissa about her powers, and how does Lissa respond?
5. What transpires between Christian and Lissa in the attic in Chapter 18?
6. Why is Lissa using compulsion on the royals?
7. Over the course of this book, how have Rose and Lissa changed?
8. What does Victor reveal about Lissa's powers?
9. Why is Rose so concerned about Lissa getting drunk?
10. What happens when Rose and Christian find Lissa in the woods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This story introduces some new elements into the ever growing vampire mythology. What new elements are introduced in Vampire Academy? How are they different from other, more traditional vampire stories?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the responsible use of power in Vampire Academy. Which characters use their powers responsibly, and what effects does this have? Which characters abuse their powers or the powers of others, and what happens?
Essay Topic 3
What is the point of view of Vampire Academy? Why do you think Richelle Mead chose this point of view, and how might the story be different if told from a different point of view?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)