|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christian feel about magic?
2. What gossip does Rose hear about two dhampir guardians?
3. What does Christian do to the boy who accuses Lissa of killing the fox herself?
4. How does Rose react to Lissa and Christian?
5. Why is Kirova angry at Rose?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Rose and Lissa feel about escaping again in Chapter 4?
2. How does Rose feel about the progression of her training in Chapter 7?
3. Why does Lissa get two detentions in Chapter 10?
4. Why are Lissa and Rose living together in Portland?
5. In Chapter 5, what happens in the attic between Lissa and Christian?
6. What does Queen Tatiana say to Lissa in Chapter 11?
7. What happened in the woods, two years before?
8. Why does Dimitri appear in the first two chapters?
9. What are feeders, and how do the others at the academy feel about them?
10. What do Dimitri and Rose talk about after she comes back to herself in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This story introduces some new elements into the ever growing vampire mythology. What new elements are introduced in Vampire Academy? How are they different from other, more traditional vampire stories?
Essay Topic 2
Is the narrator in Vampire Academy reliable? If so, cite at least three examples from the story that prove the reliability of the narrator. If not, explain what plot devices are used to show the unreliable narrator, and list examples of each.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the importance of foreshadowing in Vampire Academy. Give at least five examples of foreshadowing from the text. How might this story be different without foreshadowing?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)