|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the queen say to Lissa?
2. Why does Rose tell Lissa that they must leave?
3. What gossip does Rose hear about two dhampir guardians?
4. What are the Moroi?
5. Where was Dimitri educated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation in Chapter 5 between Lissa and Rose at lunch.
2. What happens in the attic between Lissa and Christian in Chapter 9?
3. Why does Dimitri appear in the first two chapters?
4. How does the headmistress react when Rose and Lissa are brought to her office?
5. In Chapter 7, what does Dimitri tell Rose about Strigoi?
6. What happened in the woods, two years before?
7. How does Rose feel about the progression of her training in Chapter 7?
8. What does Rose wake up to find in the clinic after the trip to the mall?
9. What does Rose learn about herself and Lissa in Chapter 6?
10. What happens to Lissa after healing Rose's leg and her confrontation with Christian?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the story, the teens are shown to be very good fighters, but just not quite good enough. Who ends up helping Lissa and Rose, throughout the story? What might happen if the adults do not come to Rose and Lissa's rescue throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Is Rose a vain girl? What effects does her vanity or lack of vanity have? Give examples from the book showing either her vanity or her lack of vanity.
Essay Topic 3
After Lissa is rescued, how do the the girls react to the rumors and social back biting at school? Why do they feel this way now?
This section contains 1,495 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)