|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special visitor is coming for the All Saints' day celebration?
2. What does Rose tell Lissa about the queen?
3. What happens to Christian after the fiasco in the science class?
4. Why does the teacher give Lissa two detentions, but does nothing to Rose?
5. Where does Rose find Lissa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Queen Tatiana say to Lissa in Chapter 11?
2. How do Rose and Lissa feel about escaping again in Chapter 4?
3. What happens in the attic between Lissa and Christian in Chapter 9?
4. What do Dimitri and Rose talk about after she comes back to herself in Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 11, how is Rose's combat training with Dimitri progressing?
6. What happens when Rose goes to church in Chapter 6?
7. What does Dimitri tell Rose after he catches her with Jesse?
8. What happens when Rose discovers who is spreading the rumors about her?
9. How does Rose feel about the progression of her training in Chapter 7?
10. What does Rose learn about herself and Lissa in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the importance of foreshadowing in Vampire Academy. Give at least five examples of foreshadowing from the text. How might this story be different without foreshadowing?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the relationship between Rose and Jesse to the relationship between Lissa and Christian.
Essay Topic 3
Is the narrator in Vampire Academy reliable? If so, cite at least three examples from the story that prove the reliability of the narrator. If not, explain what plot devices are used to show the unreliable narrator, and list examples of each.
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)