|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Rose and Lissa been friends?
2. What does Lissa tell Christian when he asks about her secrets?
3. Who are the Strigoi?
4. Why is the dead fox especially horrible for Lissa?
5. What is wrong with Lissa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Rose goes to church in Chapter 6?
2. What do Dimitri and Rose talk about after she comes back to herself in Chapter 5?
3. What happens to the relationship between Mia and the other girls, Rose and Lissa, in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 7, what does Dimitri tell Rose about Strigoi?
5. Describe the differences in behavior between the staff and the other students when Lissa and Rose return to the academy.
6. Describe the relationship between Rose and Lissa when they are introduced in Chapter 1.
7. Why does Dimitri appear in the first two chapters?
8. Why does Lissa feel awkward about the idea of going to the feeders?
9. Are there any social distinctions at the academy?
10. What happens to Lissa in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the story, the teens are shown to be very good fighters, but just not quite good enough. Who ends up helping Lissa and Rose, throughout the story? What might happen if the adults do not come to Rose and Lissa's rescue throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the responsible use of power in Vampire Academy. Which characters use their powers responsibly, and what effects does this have? Which characters abuse their powers or the powers of others, and what happens?
Essay Topic 3
Rose refuses to accept Christian based on a preconception she has from what happened to his parents. Is Rose right to "play it safe" by not trusting him because of his parents' faults? What other characters have been given a raw deal due to preconceptions?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)