|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mia ask her science teacher about foxes?
2. Why is Kirova angry at Rose?
3. What happens to Christian after the fiasco in the science class?
4. What happens to the psychic bond between Rose and Lissa on their trip?
5. What happens when Roes accuses Mia of using her magic to play a prank on Rose and Lissa?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what happens in the attic between Lissa and Christian?
2. What distracts Rose from her concern for her friend in Chapter 8?
3. Are there any social distinctions at the academy?
4. Describe the conversation in Chapter 5 between Lissa and Rose at lunch.
5. What happens when Rose goes to church in Chapter 6?
6. In Chapter 11, how is Rose's combat training with Dimitri progressing?
7. What happens when Jesse meets Rose in the unused lounge?
8. Why does Lissa get two detentions in Chapter 10?
9. What do Dimitri and Rose talk about after she comes back to herself in Chapter 5?
10. What are feeders, and how do the others at the academy feel about them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Victor tells Lissa that she is addicted to her powers, and that she will use them no matter what, and that they will kill her eventually. What is Victor's reason for telling Lissa this. Is he right about her desire to use her powers? Is he right about Lissa's fate should she continue to use the powers?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the social structure of the academy. What are the various class distinctions? Where do Rose, Lissa, and their friends fit in?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss public opinion. Throughout the story, what affects does public opinion have on the main characters? Be specific in your answers, and cite examples from the story as evidence.
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)