|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jesse and Rose meet?
2. Who are the Strigoi?
3. What happens to Christian after the fiasco in the science class?
4. How do Dimitri and the girls return to the academy?
5. What happens to the boy whom Christian set on fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Queen Tatiana say to Lissa in Chapter 11?
2. How do Rose and Lissa feel about escaping again in Chapter 4?
3. What happens when Rose goes to church in Chapter 6?
4. Describe the conversation in Chapter 5 between Lissa and Rose at lunch.
5. Why is Rose allowed to stay on at the academy?
6. In Chapter 12, what is the new rumor going around, and who is spreading it?
7. What happens in the attic between Lissa and Christian in Chapter 9?
8. What does Rose wake up to find in the clinic after the trip to the mall?
9. Describe the relationship between Rose and Lissa when they are introduced in Chapter 1.
10. Describe the events that cause Rose and Lissa to escape.
Essay Topic 1
Is Rose a vain girl? What effects does her vanity or lack of vanity have? Give examples from the book showing either her vanity or her lack of vanity.
Essay Topic 2
This story introduces some new elements into the ever growing vampire mythology. What new elements are introduced in Vampire Academy? How are they different from other, more traditional vampire stories?
Essay Topic 3
Rose refuses to accept Christian based on a preconception she has from what happened to his parents. Is Rose right to "play it safe" by not trusting him because of his parents' faults? What other characters have been given a raw deal due to preconceptions?
This section contains 1,492 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)