|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rose not have a silver stake?
2. What does Jesse think when he notices that Rose gets excited at the proximity of his fangs to her neck?
3. Who breaks up the conflict between Mia and Rose?
4. Why is the dead fox especially horrible for Lissa?
5. How does Christian use his magic for Lissa?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lissa using compulsion on the royals?
2. In Chapter 14, what is happening to the relationship between Rose and Mason?
3. In Chapter 16, what does Rose tell Lissa about her powers, and how does Lissa respond?
4. What happens when Rose tries to tell Dimitri about Lissa's kidnapping?
5. In Chapter 12, what is the new rumor going around, and who is spreading it?
6. Describe the events that cause Rose and Lissa to escape.
7. What does Victor reveal about Lissa's powers?
8. Why is Rose so concerned about Lissa getting drunk?
9. How does Rose act toward Mia in Chapter 4?
10. What happened in the woods, two years before?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the story of Vladimir's life as detailed through Rose's research throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
Is Rose a vain girl? What effects does her vanity or lack of vanity have? Give examples from the book showing either her vanity or her lack of vanity.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the story, Both Mia and Rachel spread rumors. Describe this rumor battle between the two girls. What rumors are spread by whom, and what effects do they have? Do the rumors have the effects intended by the ones who started them?
This section contains 1,591 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)