|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a dhampir?
2. Why does Rose want Lissa to go back to Aaron?
3. How does Rose know about Lissa and Christian?
4. What is the point of view of this novel?
5. What does the queen say to Lissa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the relationship between Mia and the other girls, Rose and Lissa, in Chapter 6?
2. What happens when Mason and Rose confront Jesse and Ralph at the dance?
3. Describe the events that cause Rose and Lissa to escape.
4. What happens to Lissa after healing Rose's leg and her confrontation with Christian?
5. What happens when Jesse meets Rose in the unused lounge?
6. What does Rose wake up to find in the clinic after the trip to the mall?
7. Why does Dimitri appear in the first two chapters?
8. What happens to Rose in her first bodyguard class after her return?
9. Are there any social distinctions at the academy?
10. What happens when Rose goes to church in Chapter 6?
Essay Topic 1
How does Natalie turn Strigoi? Why does she turn Strigoi? What happens after Natalie turns Strigoi?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Rose's impatience in her training. What does she hope to accomplish? What might happen if Dimitri gives in to her impatience?
Essay Topic 3
Rose refuses to accept Christian based on a preconception she has from what happened to his parents. Is Rose right to "play it safe" by not trusting him because of his parents' faults? What other characters have been given a raw deal due to preconceptions?
This section contains 1,547 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)