|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ivan Zeklos?
2. What could happen if anyone else hears what Rose says about the queen?
3. What kind of pet does Lissa have?
4. How does Mia try to spin the rumor about her parents being servants?
5. Who is Kirova?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dimitri tell Rose after he catches her with Jesse?
2. Describe the events after dinner in Chapter 11.
3. Are there any social distinctions at the academy?
4. What happens to the relationship between Mia and the other girls, Rose and Lissa, in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 12, what is the new rumor going around, and who is spreading it?
6. Describe the conversation in Chapter 5 between Lissa and Rose at lunch.
7. Describe the relationship between Rose and Lissa when they are introduced in Chapter 1.
8. How does Rose react to the dead fox?
9. What happens when Rose goes to church in Chapter 6?
10. In Chapter 11, how is Rose's combat training with Dimitri progressing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss public opinion. Throughout the story, what affects does public opinion have on the main characters? Be specific in your answers, and cite examples from the story as evidence.
Essay Topic 2
What do the dead animals foreshadow? What do they hint at in Lissa's past? Why are they especially terrible for Lissa?
Essay Topic 3
After Lissa is rescued, how do the the girls react to the rumors and social back biting at school? Why do they feel this way now?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)