|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the fox killed?
2. Why is Lissa still in sophomore classes?
3. What is the relationship between Rose and Lissa?
4. What does Dimitri tell Rose to do if she sees a Strigoi?
5. What does Rose tell Christian?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the relationship between Mia and the other girls, Rose and Lissa, in Chapter 6?
2. Why is Rose allowed to stay on at the academy?
3. How does Rose feel about the progression of her training in Chapter 7?
4. Describe the conversation in Chapter 5 between Lissa and Rose at lunch.
5. What distracts Rose from her concern for her friend in Chapter 8?
6. How do Rose and Lissa feel about escaping again in Chapter 4?
7. What happens when Rose discovers who is spreading the rumors about her?
8. Describe the relationship between Rose and Lissa when they are introduced in Chapter 1.
9. What happens in science class during the lecture on wolves?
10. How does the headmistress react when Rose and Lissa are brought to her office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Natalie turn Strigoi? Why does she turn Strigoi? What happens after Natalie turns Strigoi?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the relationship between Rose and Jesse to the relationship between Lissa and Christian.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the story, the teens are shown to be very good fighters, but just not quite good enough. Who ends up helping Lissa and Rose, throughout the story? What might happen if the adults do not come to Rose and Lissa's rescue throughout the book?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)