|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Rose give Aaron's new girlfriend?
2. When Rose gets the feeling that Lissa is doing something sneaky, what does she do?
3. What wakes Rose?
4. What happens to Christian's parents?
5. In what city do Rose and Lissa live at the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the headmistress react when Rose and Lissa are brought to her office?
2. What are feeders, and how do the others at the academy feel about them?
3. Describe the relationship between Rose and Lissa when they are introduced in Chapter 1.
4. In Chapter 11, how is Rose's combat training with Dimitri progressing?
5. Why does Dimitri appear in the first two chapters?
6. What happens when Rose discovers who is spreading the rumors about her?
7. What does Queen Tatiana say to Lissa in Chapter 11?
8. How does Rose act toward Mia in Chapter 4?
9. Are there any social distinctions at the academy?
10. What do Dimitri and Rose talk about after she comes back to herself in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the story, the teens are shown to be very good fighters, but just not quite good enough. Who ends up helping Lissa and Rose, throughout the story? What might happen if the adults do not come to Rose and Lissa's rescue throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss public opinion. Throughout the story, what affects does public opinion have on the main characters? Be specific in your answers, and cite examples from the story as evidence.
Essay Topic 3
After Lissa finds the dead fox, how does she react? How do Lissa's friends and enemies react to the fox?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)