|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the queen imply about Lissa?
2. How do Dimitri and the girls return to the academy?
3. What happens to Christian after the fiasco in the science class?
4. What is the point of view of this novel?
5. How does Rose know about Lissa's nightmare?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how is Rose's combat training with Dimitri progressing?
2. What happens when Lissa finds the dead rabbit and threatening note on her bed?
3. Describe the relationship between Rose and Lissa when they are introduced in Chapter 1.
4. In Chapter 12, what is the new rumor going around, and who is spreading it?
5. What do Dimitri and Rose talk about after she comes back to herself in Chapter 5?
6. What happens to Rose in her first bodyguard class after her return?
7. In Chapter 7, what does Dimitri tell Rose about Strigoi?
8. What are feeders, and how do the others at the academy feel about them?
9. What distracts Rose from her concern for her friend in Chapter 8?
10. How do Rose and Lissa feel about escaping again in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rose refuses to accept Christian based on a preconception she has from what happened to his parents. Is Rose right to "play it safe" by not trusting him because of his parents' faults? What other characters have been given a raw deal due to preconceptions?
Essay Topic 2
How does Natalie turn Strigoi? Why does she turn Strigoi? What happens after Natalie turns Strigoi?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Rose's impatience in her training. What does she hope to accomplish? What might happen if Dimitri gives in to her impatience?
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)