|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christian use his magic for Lissa?
2. Who is Ivan Zeklos?
3. Why do most other students not trust Christian?
4. Who teaches Rose's body guard theory class?
5. How was the fox killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the woods, two years before?
2. What happens when Lissa finds the dead rabbit and threatening note on her bed?
3. How does Rose react to the dead fox?
4. Why is Rose allowed to stay on at the academy?
5. What happens when Rose discovers who is spreading the rumors about her?
6. What happens when Jesse meets Rose in the unused lounge?
7. Why does Dimitri appear in the first two chapters?
8. Why does Lissa feel awkward about the idea of going to the feeders?
9. In Chapter 11, how is Rose's combat training with Dimitri progressing?
10. Describe the differences in behavior between the staff and the other students when Lissa and Rose return to the academy.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is the narrator in Vampire Academy reliable? If so, cite at least three examples from the story that prove the reliability of the narrator. If not, explain what plot devices are used to show the unreliable narrator, and list examples of each.
Essay Topic 2
How does Natalie turn Strigoi? Why does she turn Strigoi? What happens after Natalie turns Strigoi?
Essay Topic 3
This story introduces some new elements into the ever growing vampire mythology. What new elements are introduced in Vampire Academy? How are they different from other, more traditional vampire stories?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)