|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mia's parents do?
2. What actions show that Rose is not as grown up as she would like to be?
3. How does Lissa feel about the fox at lunch?
4. What are Rose and Lissa doing for which Mia gets them in trouble?
5. What does Rose find special about Ms. Karp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Lissa finds the dead rabbit and threatening note on her bed?
2. Describe the differences in behavior between the staff and the other students when Lissa and Rose return to the academy.
3. What does Mason say to Rose in Chapter 10?
4. What are feeders, and how do the others at the academy feel about them?
5. Are there any social distinctions at the academy?
6. Why is Rose allowed to stay on at the academy?
7. Describe the events after dinner in Chapter 11.
8. What happens in the attic between Lissa and Christian in Chapter 9?
9. In Chapter 5, what happens in the attic between Lissa and Christian?
10. Why does Lissa feel awkward about the idea of going to the feeders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the responsible use of power in Vampire Academy. Which characters use their powers responsibly, and what effects does this have? Which characters abuse their powers or the powers of others, and what happens?
Essay Topic 2
Rose refuses to accept Christian based on a preconception she has from what happened to his parents. Is Rose right to "play it safe" by not trusting him because of his parents' faults? What other characters have been given a raw deal due to preconceptions?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Rose's impatience in her training. What does she hope to accomplish? What might happen if Dimitri gives in to her impatience?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)