|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ivan Zeklos?
2. Why do some people allow vampires to feed on them?
3. Why is Kirova angry at Rose?
4. How does Rose treat Aaron's new girlfriend?
5. In what city do Rose and Lissa live at the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dimitri tell Rose after he catches her with Jesse?
2. Why does Lissa feel awkward about the idea of going to the feeders?
3. What happens when Rose discovers who is spreading the rumors about her?
4. What happens to the relationship between Mia and the other girls, Rose and Lissa, in Chapter 6?
5. What happens to Lissa in Chapter 7?
6. What happened in the woods, two years before?
7. Why is Rose allowed to stay on at the academy?
8. Why does Dimitri appear in the first two chapters?
9. Why does Lissa get two detentions in Chapter 10?
10. How do Rose and Lissa feel about escaping again in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the point of view of Vampire Academy? Why do you think Richelle Mead chose this point of view, and how might the story be different if told from a different point of view?
Essay Topic 2
Victor tells Lissa that she is addicted to her powers, and that she will use them no matter what, and that they will kill her eventually. What is Victor's reason for telling Lissa this. Is he right about her desire to use her powers? Is he right about Lissa's fate should she continue to use the powers?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the story, the teens are shown to be very good fighters, but just not quite good enough. Who ends up helping Lissa and Rose, throughout the story? What might happen if the adults do not come to Rose and Lissa's rescue throughout the book?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)