|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Strigoi?
2. What does the queen imply about Lissa?
3. What rank guardian is Rose?
4. What do Mia's parents do?
5. What is wrong with Victor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Lissa finds the dead rabbit and threatening note on her bed?
2. What do Dimitri and Rose talk about after she comes back to herself in Chapter 5?
3. Describe the differences in behavior between the staff and the other students when Lissa and Rose return to the academy.
4. In Chapter 5, what happens in the attic between Lissa and Christian?
5. What happens when Rose goes to church in Chapter 6?
6. What happens to Rose in her first bodyguard class after her return?
7. What does Queen Tatiana say to Lissa in Chapter 11?
8. What happens when Rose discovers who is spreading the rumors about her?
9. Why does Lissa feel awkward about the idea of going to the feeders?
10. What distracts Rose from her concern for her friend in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rose refuses to accept Christian based on a preconception she has from what happened to his parents. Is Rose right to "play it safe" by not trusting him because of his parents' faults? What other characters have been given a raw deal due to preconceptions?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the significance of the psychic link between Rose and Lissa. If it is not significant, explain why.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Rose's impatience in her training. What does she hope to accomplish? What might happen if Dimitri gives in to her impatience?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)