|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the conditions for Lissa's release from the clinic?
(a) She must attend counseling, take medicine for depression, and she will be under observation.
(b) She must take medicine for depression.
(c) She must go to counseling and take medicine for depression.
(d) She must attend counseling.
2. How old was Dimitri when he beat up his father?
(a) He was thirteen.
(b) He was seven.
(c) He was eighteen.
(d) He was twenty-three.
3. Why does Mason sneak Rose out of her room?
(a) Lissa told him to.
(b) Rose told him to.
(c) He wants to spend time with Rose.
(d) Dimitri told him to.
4. What does Dimitri's tattoo signify?
(a) That he has killed six Strigoi.
(b) That he is a guardian.
(c) That he is a dhampir.
(d) That he is a Moroi royal.
5. How did Ms. Karp persuade Rose to run away with Lissa?
(a) She lied to her, telling her that she had been expelled.
(b) She threatened to tell on Rose for letting Lissa feed on her.
(c) She told her about the strange guardians.
(d) She used compulsion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dimitri feel about Rose's mother's decision to give Rose up so that she can remain a guardian?
2. Who start the rumors about Mia?
3. What does Dimitri tell Rose about her hair?
4. What happens to Christian?
5. How does her uncle know that Lissa can heal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lissa's relationships with boys in Chapters 15 and 16.
2. In Chapter 14, what is happening to the relationship between Rose and Mason?
3. What happens when Rose tries to tell Dimitri about Lissa's kidnapping?
4. In Chapter 16, what does Rose tell Lissa about her powers, and how does Lissa respond?
5. What happens when the guardians arrive at the cabin?
6. Who is behind Lissa's kidnapping, and why?
7. Over the course of this book, how have Rose and Lissa changed?
8. What does Rose learn from the box of books from the attic?
9. Why is Lissa using compulsion on the royals?
10. What transpires between Christian and Lissa in the attic in Chapter 18?
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)