|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ms. Karp persuade Rose to run away with Lissa?
(a) She threatened to tell on Rose for letting Lissa feed on her.
(b) She lied to her, telling her that she had been expelled.
(c) She used compulsion.
(d) She told her about the strange guardians.
2. Where do Christian and Rose find Lissa?
(a) Running down the road.
(b) In the woods, all alone.
(c) Locked in a cell.
(d) In the woods, surrounded by psi-hounds.
3. What does Lissa do after she finds the third dead animal?
(a) She cries.
(b) She reports the incident.
(c) She blames Rose for letting it happen.
(d) She runs from it.
4. Why does Rose want Lissa to stop trying to be friends with the royals?
(a) The royals can not be trusted.
(b) The royals will not accept Lissa's other friends.
(c) It is making Lissa unhappy.
(d) Rose does not like the royals.
5. What does the headmistress do about Lissa's powers?
(a) She tells everyone about it.
(b) She agrees to keep the secret.
(c) She admits that she has known all along.
(d) She exiles Lissa for using forbidden magic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the events in the woods affect Lissa and Christian?
2. What happens when Rose breaks the wooden bench?
3. What is Lissa's power?
4. Who helped Vladimir through his hard times?
5. How does Lissa react to Mia's gossip about her and Christian?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the events that cause Rose and Lissa to escape.
2. What happens when Rose and Christian find Lissa in the woods?
3. What happens when Mason and Rose confront Jesse and Ralph at the dance?
4. Why is Rose so concerned about Lissa getting drunk?
5. Why is Lissa using compulsion on the royals?
6. Who is behind Lissa's kidnapping, and why?
7. What is happening to the friendship of Rose and Lissa in Chapter 13?
8. Describe Lissa's relationships with boys in Chapters 15 and 16.
9. How does Mason convince Rose to go out?
10. What does Victor reveal about Lissa's powers?
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)