|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dimitri teaching Rose?
(a) He is teaching her how to fight other women.
(b) He is teaching her Algebra.
(c) He is teaching her to fight Moroi vampires.
(d) He is teaching her to fight someone bigger and stronger than herself.
2. How does Christian use his magic for Lissa?
(a) He uses his psychic link to see if anyone is outside.
(b) He uses compulsion on her.
(c) He uses his ice magic to cool the room for her.
(d) He uses his fire magic to warm the room for her.
3. What does Dimitri do when he walks in on Rose and Jesse?
(a) He runs Jesse off.
(b) He runs Rose off.
(c) He minds his own business.
(d) He joins the couple.
4. How does Rose feel after the link breaks?
(a) She is angry and brooding.
(b) She is scared of Lissa.
(c) She is happy for Lissa.
(d) She does not care.
5. How long have Rose and Lissa been friends?
(a) They have been friends since before they started school.
(b) They have been friends since kindergarten.
(c) They have only just met.
(d) They have been friends since the third grade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose tell Christian?
2. What does Ms.Karp do when she finds Rose and Lissa drinking outside?
3. In what city do Rose and Lissa live at the beginning of the novel?
4. Why is the dead fox especially horrible for Lissa?
5. What does Christian notice when he grabs her arms?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rose act toward Mia in Chapter 4?
2. What happens to Rose in her first bodyguard class after her return?
3. What does Queen Tatiana say to Lissa in Chapter 11?
4. Describe the conversation in Chapter 5 between Lissa and Rose at lunch.
5. How does the headmistress react when Rose and Lissa are brought to her office?
6. What does Mason say to Rose in Chapter 10?
7. In Chapter 12, what is the new rumor going around, and who is spreading it?
8. Are there any social distinctions at the academy?
9. Why does Lissa get two detentions in Chapter 10?
10. Describe the differences in behavior between the staff and the other students when Lissa and Rose return to the academy.
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)