|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the academy located?
(c) Rhode Island.
2. How does Rose react to Lissa and Christian?
(a) She tells Lissa that it is none of her business who Lissa chooses to be with.
(b) She tells Lissa that Christian is a nice guy, and that she approves.
(c) She tells Lissa that she should stay away from Christian.
(d) She tells Lissa that Christian belongs to her, so to stay away.
3. Why is Lissa still in sophomore classes?
(a) She does not want to take more advanced classes.
(b) She doesn't seem to have specialized in a power yet.
(c) She is not smart enough to progress any farther.
(d) She is too young to progress any higher.
4. Where does Rose find Lissa?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) In the hall.
(c) In Christian's room.
(d) In her room.
5. How do Rose and Lissa get a car?
(a) Rose steals a car from a nearby parking lot.
(b) Rose uses her mother's credit card to rent a car.
(c) Lissa's parents gave her a car for her sixteenth birthday.
(d) Lissa holds their roommate in thrall and makes him give them his car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rose want Lissa to go back to Aaron?
2. Why do some people allow vampires to feed on them?
3. What has upset Lissa?
4. What special visitor is coming for the All Saints' day celebration?
5. How does Rose feel after the link breaks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lissa feel awkward about the idea of going to the feeders?
2. What do Dimitri and Rose talk about after she comes back to herself in Chapter 5?
3. Describe the relationship between Rose and Lissa when they are introduced in Chapter 1.
4. Why does Lissa get two detentions in Chapter 10?
5. In Chapter 12, what is the new rumor going around, and who is spreading it?
6. Describe the differences in behavior between the staff and the other students when Lissa and Rose return to the academy.
7. How does Rose react to the dead fox?
8. Describe the conversation in Chapter 5 between Lissa and Rose at lunch.
9. What distracts Rose from her concern for her friend in Chapter 8?
10. What happens when Lissa finds the dead rabbit and threatening note on her bed?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)