|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rose know about Lissa's nightmare?
(a) Rose can hear Lissa screaming and thrashing about.
(b) Lissa tells Rose about the nightmare in the morning.
(c) Rose has a psychic bond to Lissa.
(d) Rose used Compulsion to give Lissa the nightmare.
2. What are Rose and Lissa doing for which Mia gets them in trouble?
(a) They are sneaking off again.
(b) They are passing notes in class.
(c) They are stealing liquor.
(d) They are making out.
3. What does Dimitri tell Rose about the psi-hounds that chased her?
(a) He tells her that they were sent by the academy.
(b) He tells her that they were not sent by the academy.
(c) He tells her that they were not sent by he Strigoi.
(d) He tells her that they were sent by the Strigoi.
4. Why is the dead fox especially horrible for Lissa?
(a) Lissa gets queasy at the sight of blood.
(b) The fox was Lissa's pet.
(c) Lissa has never seen anything dead before.
(d) Lissa loves animals.
5. Who is Kirova?
(a) She is a math teacher at the academy.
(b) She is one of the students at the academy.
(c) She is a famous pop star from Bulgaria.
(d) She is the headmistress of the academy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mason think about the fox incident?
2. In what way does Rose see the academy as similar to a pack of wolves?
3. Why do most other students not trust Christian?
4. After talking to Dimitri, and before bed, who sends Rose an email?
5. After running with Dimitri, what does Rose experience through her psychic link?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation in Chapter 5 between Lissa and Rose at lunch.
2. What happens in the attic between Lissa and Christian in Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 11, how is Rose's combat training with Dimitri progressing?
4. In Chapter 7, what does Dimitri tell Rose about Strigoi?
5. What happens when Rose discovers who is spreading the rumors about her?
6. How does Rose feel about the progression of her training in Chapter 7?
7. Why is Rose allowed to stay on at the academy?
8. What happens to Lissa in Chapter 7?
9. Describe the relationship between Rose and Lissa when they are introduced in Chapter 1.
10. What happens to the relationship between Mia and the other girls, Rose and Lissa, in Chapter 6?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)