|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ms. Karp persuade Rose to run away with Lissa?
(a) She told her about the strange guardians.
(b) She lied to her, telling her that she had been expelled.
(c) She used compulsion.
(d) She threatened to tell on Rose for letting Lissa feed on her.
2. Who was behind the kidnapping?
3. Why does Mason sneak Rose out of her room?
(a) Lissa told him to.
(b) He wants to spend time with Rose.
(c) Dimitri told him to.
(d) Rose told him to.
4. How does Mason convince Rose to go with him?
(a) He invites her to an after party that Lissa will not attend.
(b) He tells her not to worry what Lissa thinks.
(c) He asks her to marry him.
(d) He tells her that she needs to reconcile with Lissa.
5. Who start the rumors about Mia?
(a) Rose and Lissa.
(b) Christian and Aaron.
(c) Jesse and Ralph.
(d) Rose and Mason.
6. What happens to Ms. Karp?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She is killed by the strange guardians.
(c) She becomes a Strigoi.
(d) She is killed by her guardian.
7. Who is Mikhail?
(a) He is a Strigoi lord.
(b) He is a Moroi Lord.
(c) He is a guardian at the school, and used to be Ms. Karp's lover.
(d) He is Ms. Karp's vampire lover.
8. Why does Rose worry about being a guardian?
(a) She is worried that vampires and other dhampir will think that she is a feeder.
(b) She is worried that it will not leave her any time to study.
(c) She is worried that she will not be good enough and her vampire might die.
(d) She is worried that it will destroy her good looks.
9. What happens when Lissa asks for permission for Rose to go to the mall?
(a) Lissa is not allowed to go.
(b) Rose is allowed to go.
(c) Rose is not allowed to go.
(d) Lissa is given detention for asking.
10. What does Lissa do after Christian is hurt?
(a) Knowing that she can't heal him, she kills him to put him out of his misery.
(b) She heals him.
(c) She feeds on Rose to regain strength, then heals him.
(d) She is too exhausted to heal him, so does nothing.
11. What happens to Lissa after the dance?
(a) She is badly beaten by Mia.
(b) She is taken to her room under guard.
(c) She is taken to the clinic.
(d) She is kidnapped by a group of guardians.
12. Who else shared Lissa's specialty of magic?
(a) Anna and Dimitri.
(b) Vladimir and Ms. Karp.
(c) Tatiana and Rose.
(d) Jesse and Christian.
13. How does Mason distract the staff long enough to get Rose out of her room?
(a) He sets fire to a trash can.
(b) He sets fire to the curtains.
(c) He calls in a bomb threat.
(d) He pretends to be injured.
14. What does Rose wake up to find after her incident?
(a) She has a cast on her arm.
(b) She has a cast on her leg.
(c) She has broken several bones.
(d) She has no injuries.
15. What are the conditions for Lissa's release from the clinic?
(a) She must attend counseling.
(b) She must attend counseling, take medicine for depression, and she will be under observation.
(c) She must take medicine for depression.
(d) She must go to counseling and take medicine for depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christian call the guardians who came for his parents?
2. What does Mia want from Rose?
3. Where do Christian and Rose find Lissa?
4. How old was Dimitri when he beat up his father?
5. How does Dimitri feel about Rose's mother's decision to give Rose up so that she can remain a guardian?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)