|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rose wake up?
(a) In her bed.
(b) In the clinic.
(c) Out in the woods.
(d) In the van.
2. Why does Aaron leave Mia?
(a) He catches her with another boy.
(b) He catches her with another girl.
(c) He leaves her for Lissa.
(d) He doesn't like her anymore.
3. What does Lissa do after she finds the third dead animal?
(a) She runs from it.
(b) She reports the incident.
(c) She cries.
(d) She blames Rose for letting it happen.
4. Who is responsible for rotting the bench that caused Rose's accident?
5. Why does Mason sneak Rose out of her room?
(a) Rose told him to.
(b) He wants to spend time with Rose.
(c) Lissa told him to.
(d) Dimitri told him to.
6. Why does Rose think that Ms. Karp turned Strigoi?
(a) It was an accident.
(b) She is evil and has always enjoyed killing.
(c) She is misguided and didn't realize what would happen.
(d) To rid herself of her healing powers and to retain her sanity.
7. How does Dimitri feel about Rose's mother's decision to give Rose up so that she can remain a guardian?
(a) He feels that it was the right decision.
(b) He thinks that it was selfish.
(c) He thinks that it was foolish.
(d) He realizes that it is none of his business.
8. What is rumored to be the reason Lissa is in the clinic?
(a) She fell out of a window.
(b) She got in a fight with Rose.
(c) She cuts herself.
(d) She is pregnant.
9. Why does Rose punch Mia at the dance?
(a) Mia tells everyone about Lissa cutting herself.
(b) Mia hits Lissa.
(c) Mia hits her first.
(d) Mia tells everyone that Lissa is pregnant.
10. How does her uncle know that Lissa can heal?
(a) He assumed that since Rose lived through the car accident, and her leg healed, that Lissa must have healing powers.
(b) Natalie saw her heal the raven.
(c) Christian told him.
(d) Victor saw her heal Rose.
11. How did Rose and Lissa escape the academy?
(a) Rose and Lissa sneaked off in the middle of the night.
(b) Lissa used compulsion to make a chauffeur hide them in his trunk as he drove off.
(c) Lissa used compulsion to convince the guards to let them out.
(d) Rose uses her psychic link to convince the guards to let them out.
12. What does Dimitri do when he realizes that they are under a spell?
(a) He throws the charm out of the window.
(b) He blames Rose for manipulating him.
(c) He ignores it and keeps going.
(d) He runs from the room.
13. What does Lissa do after Christian is hurt?
(a) She is too exhausted to heal him, so does nothing.
(b) Knowing that she can't heal him, she kills him to put him out of his misery.
(c) She heals him.
(d) She feeds on Rose to regain strength, then heals him.
14. What does the headmistress do about Lissa's powers?
(a) She admits that she has known all along.
(b) She tells everyone about it.
(c) She exiles Lissa for using forbidden magic.
(d) She agrees to keep the secret.
15. Why does Rose worry about being a guardian?
(a) She is worried that vampires and other dhampir will think that she is a feeder.
(b) She is worried that it will not leave her any time to study.
(c) She is worried that she will not be good enough and her vampire might die.
(d) She is worried that it will destroy her good looks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rose not want to go to the dance?
2. How does Lissa turn the royals to her side?
3. What is Lissa's power?
4. What is the third dead animal that Lissa finds?
5. What is causing the feelings of lust between Rose and Dimitri?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)