|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lissa's power?
(a) The fifth school of magic, spirit.
(b) The fourth school of magic, water.
(c) The second school of magic, wind.
(d) The first school of magic, fire.
2. Who else shared Lissa's specialty of magic?
(a) Vladimir and Ms. Karp.
(b) Anna and Dimitri.
(c) Jesse and Christian.
(d) Tatiana and Rose.
3. What does Mason bring to Rose in Chapter 15?
(a) He brings her a lock of Vladimir's hair.
(b) He brings her a vial of Vladimir's blood.
(c) He brings her a box of Vladimir's books.
(d) He brings her Vladimir's silver stake.
4. What does Dimitri's tattoo signify?
(a) That he is a Moroi royal.
(b) That he is a dhampir.
(c) That he has killed six Strigoi.
(d) That he is a guardian.
5. What does Lissa do after Christian is hurt?
(a) She heals him.
(b) She feeds on Rose to regain strength, then heals him.
(c) Knowing that she can't heal him, she kills him to put him out of his misery.
(d) She is too exhausted to heal him, so does nothing.
6. What did Rose not find out about Vladimir?
(a) He once tried to kill himself.
(b) Healing made him sick, crazy, and depressed.
(c) He killed his own father.
(d) He used compulsion on a large scale.
7. What term is used to describe Rose's link to Lissa?
(b) Psychic link.
8. What does Christian call the guardians who came for his parents?
(b) Army of One.
(c) Army of Death.
(d) Army of Darkness.
9. Who has been leaving dead animals for Lissa and why?
(a) Rose has been drunkenly leaving them as a prank.
(b) Christian has been leaving them to threaten Lissa to leave Aaron.
(c) Natalie has been leaving them hoping that Lissa would prove her ability to heal.
(d) Mia has been leaving them to get back at Lissa for her brother's behavior.
10. What does the headmistress do about Lissa's powers?
(a) She agrees to keep the secret.
(b) She exiles Lissa for using forbidden magic.
(c) She tells everyone about it.
(d) She admits that she has known all along.
11. Why does Rose not want to go to the dance?
(a) She doesn't want to see Lissa.
(b) She feels ugly.
(c) She needs to study.
(d) She doesn't want to see Dimitri.
12. What is Lissa doing as she rejoins the royal clique?
(a) She is plotting against Rose.
(b) She is plotting against the queen.
(c) She is advocating for Mia.
(d) She is advocating for Rose.
13. How do the events in the woods affect Lissa and Christian?
(a) Lissa leaves Aaron and starts dating Christian.
(b) Lissa leaves Christian and starts dating Aaron.
(c) Lissa and Christian don't talk anymore.
(d) Lissa and Christian get married.
14. Why do Ralph and Jesse claim to have had sex with and fed on Rose?
(a) It is the truth.
(b) Mia threatened to kill them if they didn't.
(c) They don't like Rose.
(d) Mia had sex with both of them and asked them to make this claim.
15. Where does Lissa find the third dead animal?
(a) On her bed.
(b) In her backpack.
(c) Under her pillow.
(d) In her refrigerator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rose worried about Lissa drinking?
2. Why does Rose worry about being a guardian?
3. What seems to push Rose to be distracted by Dimitri?
4. How does Lissa turn the royals to her side?
5. What happens to Lissa after the dance?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)