|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ms. Karp persuade Rose to run away with Lissa?
(a) She used compulsion.
(b) She lied to her, telling her that she had been expelled.
(c) She told her about the strange guardians.
(d) She threatened to tell on Rose for letting Lissa feed on her.
2. What does Dimitri do when he realizes that they are under a spell?
(a) He throws the charm out of the window.
(b) He runs from the room.
(c) He ignores it and keeps going.
(d) He blames Rose for manipulating him.
3. Why does Rose worry about being a guardian?
(a) She is worried that she will not be good enough and her vampire might die.
(b) She is worried that it will not leave her any time to study.
(c) She is worried that vampires and other dhampir will think that she is a feeder.
(d) She is worried that it will destroy her good looks.
4. Where do Christian and Rose find Lissa?
(a) In the woods, surrounded by psi-hounds.
(b) In the woods, all alone.
(c) Running down the road.
(d) Locked in a cell.
5. What does Mia want from Rose?
(a) She wants Rose to spread rumors about Aaron.
(b) She wants to be Rose's friend.
(c) She starts a fight with Rose.
(d) She wants Rose to tell her the truth about why Lissa is in the clinic.
6. How does Rose know that Lissa is manipulating the royals?
(a) She assumes that Lissa must be up to something, or the royals would not talk to her.
(b) She sees Lissa do it while hiding behind a tree.
(c) She sees Lissa do it while in her mind.
(d) Jesse tells her what Lissa is doing.
7. Where does Dimitri take Lissa?
(b) To the chapel.
(c) To her room.
(d) To the clinic.
8. Who stows away in the van?
9. How does Rose feel about Lissa's interactions with the royals?
(a) She recognizes it as a necessary evil.
(b) She is angry that Lissa is behaving this way.
(c) She doesn't know about it.
(d) She thinks it's a good idea.
10. How does Lissa react to Mia's gossip about her and Christian?
(a) She doesn't care. She knows that Christian is good for her.
(b) She has had all she can take, so she kills Mia.
(c) She runs away with Christian to aviod the scorn of the other students.
(d) She runs away again, leaving Christian behind.
11. Why does Rose not want to go to the dance?
(a) She needs to study.
(b) She feels ugly.
(c) She doesn't want to see Dimitri.
(d) She doesn't want to see Lissa.
12. Why has Christian been avoiding Lissa?
(a) Rose told him that Lissa was only pretending to like him.
(b) Christian has been seeing another girl.
(c) Lissa told him that she didn't like him anymore.
(d) Christian just doesn't like LIssa anymore.
13. Who has been leaving dead animals for Lissa and why?
(a) Natalie has been leaving them hoping that Lissa would prove her ability to heal.
(b) Christian has been leaving them to threaten Lissa to leave Aaron.
(c) Mia has been leaving them to get back at Lissa for her brother's behavior.
(d) Rose has been drunkenly leaving them as a prank.
14. What does Rose wake up to find after her incident?
(a) She has broken several bones.
(b) She has no injuries.
(c) She has a cast on her arm.
(d) She has a cast on her leg.
15. What is Lissa's power?
(a) The fourth school of magic, water.
(b) The first school of magic, fire.
(c) The fifth school of magic, spirit.
(d) The second school of magic, wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Lissa to a study session while under compulsion?
2. Why does Rose want Lissa to stop trying to be friends with the royals?
3. How do the events in the woods affect Rose and Lissa?
4. How does Dimitri feel about Rose's mother's decision to give Rose up so that she can remain a guardian?
5. What happens to Lissa after the dance?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)