|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the conditions for Lissa's release from the clinic?
(a) She must take medicine for depression.
(b) She must attend counseling, take medicine for depression, and she will be under observation.
(c) She must attend counseling.
(d) She must go to counseling and take medicine for depression.
2. How did Rose and Lissa escape the academy?
(a) Lissa used compulsion to convince the guards to let them out.
(b) Rose uses her psychic link to convince the guards to let them out.
(c) Rose and Lissa sneaked off in the middle of the night.
(d) Lissa used compulsion to make a chauffeur hide them in his trunk as he drove off.
3. What happens to Victor when Natalie turns Strigoi?
(a) She kills him.
(b) She breaks him out of jail.
(c) He is killed while trying to protect her from the guardians.
(d) He sneaks off while the guards are distracted by Natalie's killing.
4. What does Mason bring to Rose in Chapter 15?
(a) He brings her a box of Vladimir's books.
(b) He brings her Vladimir's silver stake.
(c) He brings her a lock of Vladimir's hair.
(d) He brings her a vial of Vladimir's blood.
5. Who is Mikhail?
(a) He is a Moroi Lord.
(b) He is a guardian at the school, and used to be Ms. Karp's lover.
(c) He is Ms. Karp's vampire lover.
(d) He is a Strigoi lord.
6. What does Rose do when Mason punches a boy in her defense?
(a) She thanks him.
(b) She punches him back.
(c) She snaps at him, but then apologizes.
(d) She becomes angry with him and leaves.
7. How does Mason distract the staff long enough to get Rose out of her room?
(a) He sets fire to the curtains.
(b) He pretends to be injured.
(c) He calls in a bomb threat.
(d) He sets fire to a trash can.
8. What did Rose not find out about Vladimir?
(a) He used compulsion on a large scale.
(b) He once tried to kill himself.
(c) Healing made him sick, crazy, and depressed.
(d) He killed his own father.
9. What happens to Ms. Karp?
(a) She is killed by the strange guardians.
(b) She becomes a Strigoi.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She is killed by her guardian.
10. What does Dimitri do when he realizes that they are under a spell?
(a) He blames Rose for manipulating him.
(b) He runs from the room.
(c) He throws the charm out of the window.
(d) He ignores it and keeps going.
11. What does the headmistress think about Rose's story that Lissa has been kidnapped by guardians?
(a) She already knows about it.
(b) She thinks that Lissa is dead.
(c) She believes her.
(d) She thinks it is unlikely.
12. Who is responsible for rotting the bench that caused Rose's accident?
13. Why did Dimitri beat up his vampire father?
(a) His father beat his mother.
(b) His father was weak.
(c) His father turned Strigoi.
(d) His father beat him.
14. Who has been leaving dead animals for Lissa and why?
(a) Natalie has been leaving them hoping that Lissa would prove her ability to heal.
(b) Christian has been leaving them to threaten Lissa to leave Aaron.
(c) Rose has been drunkenly leaving them as a prank.
(d) Mia has been leaving them to get back at Lissa for her brother's behavior.
15. How does Dimitri feel about Rose's mother's decision to give Rose up so that she can remain a guardian?
(a) He thinks that it was foolish.
(b) He realizes that it is none of his business.
(c) He thinks that it was selfish.
(d) He feels that it was the right decision.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the third dead animal that Lissa finds?
2. How did Ms. Karp persuade Rose to run away with Lissa?
3. What does Lissa do after Christian is hurt?
4. How does Mason convince Rose to go with him?
5. What happens to Christian?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)