|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Dimitri and the girls return to the academy?
(a) They fly with their vampire powers.
(b) They drive in a van.
(c) They sail on a boat.
(d) They fly on a plane.
2. How long have Rose and Lissa been friends?
(a) They have been friends since kindergarten.
(b) They have only just met.
(c) They have been friends since the third grade.
(d) They have been friends since before they started school.
3. What is the relationship between Rose and Lissa?
(a) Lissa is a Moroi vampire, and Rose is her dhampir protector.
(b) Rose is a Moroi vampire, and Lissa is her dhampir protector.
(c) Rose is Lissa's maid.
(d) Lissa is Rose's maid.
4. What does Lissa tell Christian when he asks about her secrets?
(a) She makes up a lie.
(b) She tells him just enough to make him think that he knows it all.
(c) She does not tell him.
(d) She tells him all of her secrets.
5. How was the fox killed?
(a) It has been hit by a car.
(b) Its throat is cut.
(c) It has been shot.
(d) Its neck is broken.
6. Where was Dimitri educated?
7. What does Christian do to the boy who accuses Lissa of killing the fox herself?
(a) He briefly sets him on fire.
(b) He punches him in the face.
(c) He does nothing.
(d) He uses compulsion on him to shut him up.
8. What happens to Christian after the fiasco in the science class?
(a) Nothing happens.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He is sent to the headmistress's office.
9. Where do Jesse and Rose meet?
(a) They meet outside the academy.
(b) They meet in the hallway.
(c) They meet in the bathroom.
(d) They meet in the unused dorm lounge.
10. How much time is Rose taking in training with Dimitri in addition to her classes?
(a) Two hours per day.
(b) Four hours per day.
(c) One hour per day.
(d) Five hours per day;
11. In what way does Rose see the academy as similar to a pack of wolves?
(a) She thinks both have the alpha male alpha female structure.
(b) She thinks both belong out in the woods.
(c) She believes that both are dangerous.
(d) She thinks that both are wild.
12. How many Strigoi has Dimitri killed?
(a) He has killed six Stigoi.
(b) He has killed several hundred Strigoi.
(c) He has never killed a Strigoi.
(d) He has killed four Strigoi.
13. What is Dimitri teaching Rose?
(a) He is teaching her Algebra.
(b) He is teaching her to fight someone bigger and stronger than herself.
(c) He is teaching her how to fight other women.
(d) He is teaching her to fight Moroi vampires.
14. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) The point of view is first person, told from Rose's point of view.
(b) The point of view is first person, told from Lissa's point of view.
(c) The point of view is subjective third person, with multiple viewpoints.
(d) The point of view is objective third person.
15. Why does Rose want to go to church?
(a) She wants to get away from Lissa.
(b) She is curious about the vampire religion.
(c) She wants to be closer to Lissa.
(d) She feels compelled by her faith to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Rose not afford any distractions now?
2. Who is Prince Victor Dashkov?
3. Why do Rose and Lissa feel strange in the feeder room?
4. What is wrong with Lissa?
5. What happens to the boy whom Christian set on fire?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)