|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Roes accuses Mia of using her magic to play a prank on Rose and Lissa?
(a) Mia throws more snow at them.
(b) Mia denies it.
(c) Mia admits to it.
(d) Mia apologizes.
2. What is the subject of Stan's lecture?
(a) The dhampirs are more powerful than Rose seems to think.
(b) The Strigoi are more powerful than Rose seems to think.
(c) The Moroi are more powerful than Rose seems to think.
(d) The Deftones are more powerful than Rose seems to think.
3. After talking to Dimitri, and before bed, who sends Rose an email?
(a) Lissa sends her an email.
(b) Her mother sends her an email.
(c) Her brother sends her an email.
(d) It is spam mail.
4. How much time is Rose taking in training with Dimitri in addition to her classes?
(a) Two hours per day.
(b) Four hours per day.
(c) One hour per day.
(d) Five hours per day;
5. How does Christian feel about magic?
(a) He thinks that magic should never be used for violence.
(b) He does not like it.
(c) He is afraid of it.
(d) He feels that it should be used for battle.
6. In what way does Rose see the academy as similar to a pack of wolves?
(a) She thinks both have the alpha male alpha female structure.
(b) She thinks both belong out in the woods.
(c) She believes that both are dangerous.
(d) She thinks that both are wild.
7. Who is Natalie?
(a) She is Lissa's cousin.
(b) She is Stan's wife.
(c) She is Rose's sister.
(d) She is Victor's mother.
8. What happens to Christian after the fiasco in the science class?
(a) He is sent to the headmistress's office.
(b) Nothing happens.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He is arrested.
9. How does Christian use his magic for Lissa?
(a) He uses his psychic link to see if anyone is outside.
(b) He uses his ice magic to cool the room for her.
(c) He uses compulsion on her.
(d) He uses his fire magic to warm the room for her.
10. What special visitor is coming for the All Saints' day celebration?
(a) Queen Tatiana.
(b) Queen Latifah.
(c) Prince Charles.
(d) Prince Victor.
11. What does Rose tell Jesse about Mia's parents?
(a) She tells him that they are drunks.
(b) She tells him that they are royals.
(c) She tells him that they are servants.
(d) She tells him that they are dead.
12. What gossip does Rose hear about two dhampir guardians?
(a) They are quitting the academy to get married.
(b) They are selling vampire secrets to the humans.
(c) They were caught fighting outside.
(d) They have been killed in a Strigoi attack.
13. What happens to the boy whom Christian set on fire?
(a) His clothes are badly burned, but he is fine.
(b) He is badly burned.
(c) He dies.
(d) He is fine.
14. Where is the All Saints' Day assembly going to be?
(a) In the gym.
(b) In the cafeteria.
(c) Out on the lawn.
(d) In homeroom.
15. Where does Lissa go to be alone?
(a) She goes to the bathroom.
(b) She goes to the chapel attic.
(c) She goes to her room.
(d) She goes out into the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Dimitri's vampire lord?
2. What is the point of view of this novel?
3. Who breaks up the conflict between Mia and Rose?
4. What nickname does Rose give Aaron's new girlfriend?
5. What does the queen say to Lissa?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)