|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do most other students not trust Christian?
(a) His parents were Strigoi.
(b) He is known for stealing.
(c) He is quiet, and that makes the very social young vampires nervous.
(d) He is a pathological liar.
2. What does Rose's bodyguard teacher do?
(a) He brings her to the front of the class to lecture her.
(b) He hugs her and welcomes her back.
(c) He tells her that she is late, and writes her a tardy slip.
(d) He completely ignores her.
3. What happens to the boy whom Christian set on fire?
(a) His clothes are badly burned, but he is fine.
(b) He is fine.
(c) He dies.
(d) He is badly burned.
4. What does Christian notice when he grabs her arms?
(a) He notices a birthmark.
(b) He notices scars.
(c) He notices that she shaves her arms.
(d) He notices a friendship bracelet.
5. What does the queen imply about Lissa?
(a) That she is a slut.
(b) That she is beautiful.
(c) That she is not living up to her name.
(d) That she should have never come back.
6. Where is the All Saints' Day assembly going to be?
(a) In the cafeteria.
(b) In the gym.
(c) In homeroom.
(d) Out on the lawn.
7. What does the queen say to Lissa?
(a) She is too tired for this gathering.
(b) She is glad that Lissa came back.
(c) She is upset that Lissa came back.
(d) She is sorry to hear about her grandparents.
8. What does Dimitri tell Rose to do if she sees a Strigoi?
(a) He tells her to set it on fire.
(b) He tells her to cut off its head.
(c) He tells her to stab it with a silver stake.
(d) He tells her to run.
9. In what way does Rose see the academy as similar to a pack of wolves?
(a) She thinks both have the alpha male alpha female structure.
(b) She thinks that both are wild.
(c) She believes that both are dangerous.
(d) She thinks both belong out in the woods.
10. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) The point of view is first person, told from Rose's point of view.
(b) The point of view is subjective third person, with multiple viewpoints.
(c) The point of view is first person, told from Lissa's point of view.
(d) The point of view is objective third person.
11. How does Christian use his magic for Lissa?
(a) He uses his psychic link to see if anyone is outside.
(b) He uses compulsion on her.
(c) He uses his fire magic to warm the room for her.
(d) He uses his ice magic to cool the room for her.
12. What is the subject of Stan's lecture?
(a) The dhampirs are more powerful than Rose seems to think.
(b) The Deftones are more powerful than Rose seems to think.
(c) The Moroi are more powerful than Rose seems to think.
(d) The Strigoi are more powerful than Rose seems to think.
13. How much time is Rose taking in training with Dimitri in addition to her classes?
(a) Five hours per day;
(b) One hour per day.
(c) Two hours per day.
(d) Four hours per day.
14. Who breaks up the conflict between Mia and Rose?
15. What happens to Christian after the fiasco in the science class?
(a) He is arrested.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He is sent to the headmistress's office.
(d) Nothing happens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Rose and Lissa doing for which Mia gets them in trouble?
2. Who is Prince Victor Dashkov?
3. Who is Kirova?
4. What happens when Rose spars with Mason?
5. What does Christian do to the boy who accuses Lissa of killing the fox herself?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)