|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Christian see Lissa do?
(a) He saw her making out with another boy.
(b) He saw her set a boy on fire.
(c) He saw her slip into Rose's mind.
(d) He saw her use compulsion.
2. Why is Kirova angry at Rose?
(a) She believes that Rose is the one who stole her boyfriend.
(b) She feels that Rose has put Lissa in danger.
(c) She believes that Rose is just plain rude.
(d) She feels that Rose has insulted her.
3. How does Christian feel about magic?
(a) He does not like it.
(b) He feels that it should be used for battle.
(c) He is afraid of it.
(d) He thinks that magic should never be used for violence.
4. Why does Rose want to go to church?
(a) She is curious about the vampire religion.
(b) She wants to be closer to Lissa.
(c) She feels compelled by her faith to go.
(d) She wants to get away from Lissa.
5. Where is the All Saints' Day assembly going to be?
(a) Out on the lawn.
(b) In the gym.
(c) In homeroom.
(d) In the cafeteria.
6. How do Rose's old friends at the academy treat her?
(a) They shun her for running away.
(b) They welcome her back.
(c) They pretend to like her, but really don't.
(d) They are unsure how to act around her.
7. Why can Rose not afford any distractions now?
(a) She is falling behind in her studies.
(b) In a year, she will hold someone's life in her hands.
(c) She has to remain focused on Jesse.
(d) She does not have any money.
8. When Rose gets the feeling that Lissa is doing something sneaky, what does she do?
(a) She goes looking for Lissa.
(b) She ignores the feeling.
(c) She tries to consciously enter Lissa's mind.
(d) She tells the headmistress that she thinks something is going on.
9. What is wrong with Lissa?
(a) Her wrists are cut.
(b) She has been shot.
(c) She hit her head.
(d) Her ears are bleeding.
10. What does Dimitri tell Rose about the psi-hounds that chased her?
(a) He tells her that they were sent by the academy.
(b) He tells her that they were not sent by he Strigoi.
(c) He tells her that they were not sent by the academy.
(d) He tells her that they were sent by the Strigoi.
11. What does the priest do when Rose asks about the term shadow-kissed?
(a) He explains what shadow-kissed means in full detail.
(b) He tells her not to worry about it, because it is not important.
(c) He becomes angry and tells her that it is not her place to ask questions.
(d) He gives her a book about Moroi saints.
12. What does Rose's bodyguard teacher do?
(a) He hugs her and welcomes her back.
(b) He brings her to the front of the class to lecture her.
(c) He tells her that she is late, and writes her a tardy slip.
(d) He completely ignores her.
13. What does Rose tell Christian?
(a) She tells him that Lissa loves him.
(b) She tells him that she loves him.
(c) She tells him that Lissa is cheating on him.
(d) She tells him that Lissa thinks he's a freak.
14. What does the queen say to Lissa?
(a) She is too tired for this gathering.
(b) She is glad that Lissa came back.
(c) She is upset that Lissa came back.
(d) She is sorry to hear about her grandparents.
15. What does Dimitri tell Rose to do if she sees a Strigoi?
(a) He tells her to set it on fire.
(b) He tells her to run.
(c) He tells her to stab it with a silver stake.
(d) He tells her to cut off its head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of Stan's lecture?
2. Why does Rose not have a silver stake?
3. How does Lissa feel about the fox at lunch?
4. What happens when Roes accuses Mia of using her magic to play a prank on Rose and Lissa?
5. What is Dimitri's reason for stepping in front of the car?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)