|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes love in the garage in Chapter 12?
2. Why is Rachel angry at Slab in Chapter 12?
3. Where does Benny get a job?
4. What kind of relationship does the mysterious woman and the ballerina develop soon after their meeting in Chapter 14?
5. What is V's fear about the ballerina?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kurt Mondaugen witness in 1922 while in Africa?
2. What unfortunate accident occurs to Melanie L'Heuremandi?
3. What does Fausto Mijstral reveal in his letter to his daughter Paola?
4. What happens to V. in Paris?
5. What is V.'s point of view regarding the siege in Africa in 1922?
6. Why is Rachel disappointed in Benny?
7. What action does Mafia fail to take and what does it reveal about him and the Whole Sick Crew?
8. How is Benny Profane's "yo-yo" behavior different from that of the Whole Sick Crew?
9. What is the big change Benny Profane makes in Chapter 13 regarding Rachel Owlglass?
10. How does fate appear to intervene in the life of Benny Profane in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Benny and Stencil are two of the most active characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Stencil had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Benny had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the Whole Sick Crew? Which one is stronger and why?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Benny Profane. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
One of the main themes in the book is good versus evil. List at least four examples where the author employs this specific theme. Is the battle between good and evil obvious or subtle? What characters are involved in the battle? Do you think the right person won? Does good always triumph over evil? Explain.
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)