|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Rachel and Profane that the dentist was robbed in Chapter 14?
2. While Esther tries to run to the plane, who gets in a fight at the airport?
3. At the airport, who is leaving for Puerto Rico in Chapter 12?
4. What is V's fear about the ballerina?
5. What does Winsome fear that Mafia is doing that he tells Rachel?
Essay Topic 1
Pynchon constantly brings up metaphors and imagery associated with the supernatural. Give 3 examples of how the supernatural is portrayed.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two examples of the motifs about life-death-life in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Stencil; What is his role in the story? What is the author trying to accomplish by creating Stencil as a major character of the book?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)