|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who go to a party in Washington D.C. for the weekend in Chapter 14?
2. Who does Stencil tell Profane loves him in Chapter 13?
3. What did the Bad Priest do that infuriates Fausto Maijstral?
4. Who works at Benny's place of employment?
5. What is V's fear about the ballerina?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some characteristics of V. that are revealed in Chapter 11 and what do they say about her?
2. What is Godolphin's point of contention against V.'s argument for Vheissu?
3. What unfortunate accident occurs to Melanie L'Heuremandi?
4. What does Fausto Mijstral reveal in his letter to his daughter Paola?
5. How is Benny Profane's "yo-yo" behavior different from that of the Whole Sick Crew?
6. Why is Rachel angry with Slab?
7. When Fausto changes his personality, what is the role that he assumes?
8. Why is Rachel disappointed in Benny?
9. What happens to V. in Paris?
10. What does Kurt Mondaugen witness in 1922 while in Africa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe some of the settings for the stories. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did the author choose to use these places in the stories?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of women in Virginia in the1950s when the women in the stories are living their lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women may not have?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Benny Profane. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)