|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of relationship does the mysterious woman and the ballerina develop soon after their meeting in Chapter 14?
2. How does Fausto Maijstral refer to himself after the birth of his child and the beginning of war?
3. Why does Benny want to get a job in Chapter 8?
4. When Winsome comes back to his apartment, who does he find his wife is talking to?
5. In his letter, what does Fausto Maijstral say about himself?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the novel's title. Why do you think the author named the book V.? Now that you have read the book, how does that alter your understanding of the title? Are you intrigued to find a sequel? Why or why not? Cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe some of the settings for the stories. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did the author choose to use these places in the stories?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the stories. Then cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)