|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the German woman with a fake eye that Mondaugen meets?
2. While Esther tries to run to the plane, who gets in a fight at the airport?
3. When the Whole Sick Crew has a party, who does Winsome and Pig Bodine get in a ﬁght over?
4. While Profane thinks he is settled in his job, what happens that changes everything in Chapter 13?
5. Who is talking to Rachel in a bar and confesses feelings for Paola in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Stencil afraid to go to Malta?
2. What is Godolphin's point of contention against V.'s argument for Vheissu?
3. How is Benny Profane's "yo-yo" behavior different from that of the Whole Sick Crew?
4. How does fate appear to intervene in the life of Benny Profane in Chapter 8?
5. When Benny is propositioned by Mafia, what does he do and what does it reveal about him?
6. Why is Rachel angry with Slab?
7. How does V. appear in Chapter 9 and what does this say about her or her role?
8. What is Paola's relationship with men in Chapter 8?
9. What unfortunate accident occurs to Melanie L'Heuremandi?
10. What are some characteristics of V. that are revealed in Chapter 11 and what do they say about her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Benny and Stencil are two of the most active characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Stencil had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Benny had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the Whole Sick Crew? Which one is stronger and why?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the novel's title. Why do you think the author named the book V.? Now that you have read the book, how does that alter your understanding of the title? Are you intrigued to find a sequel? Why or why not? Cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)