|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Slab suggest that Esther do about her pregnancy?
2. Where does Benny get a job?
3. Where is the Whole Sick Crew at a party in Chapter 12?
4. What does Rachel tell Profane that he must convince Esther to do or not do?
5. Who tries to have sex with Paola but she refuses in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select three characters from any of the stories other than V. and project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for their lives. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Benny Profane. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the taboo of abortion that still existed at the time V was written. Compare and contrast views on abortion in America during the 1950s to current views in America today. What major changes have occurred concerning the social attitude towards abortion in both positive and negative ways?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)