Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Profane and a talking machine compare the stack of junk cars at the dump to?
2. Who guesses that Esther could be pregnant?
3. Who go to a party in Washington D.C. for the weekend in Chapter 14?
4. Why is Stencil afraid of going to Malta?
5. What does Rachel ask Benny Profane's help in procuring that he suggests she borrow from Winsome?
Essay Topic 1
Both Benny and Stencil are two of the most active characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Stencil had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Benny had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the Whole Sick Crew? Which one is stronger and why?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of women in Virginia in the1950s when the women in the stories are living their lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women may not have?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Rachel and Paola, two women that Benny Profane gets involved with. What are the main differences between them? Which made the better partner and why? What are strengths and weaknesses of each?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)