Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Profane and a talking machine compare the stack of junk cars at the dump to?
2. Who guesses that Esther could be pregnant?
3. Who go to a party in Washington D.C. for the weekend in Chapter 14?
4. Why is Stencil afraid of going to Malta?
5. What does Rachel ask Benny Profane's help in procuring that he suggests she borrow from Winsome?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the taboo of abortion that still existed at the time V was written. Compare and contrast views on abortion in America during the 1950s to current views in America today. What major changes have occurred concerning the social attitude towards abortion in both positive and negative ways?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the novel's title. Why do you think the author named the book V.? Now that you have read the book, how does that alter your understanding of the title? Are you intrigued to find a sequel? Why or why not? Cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the stories. Then cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)