Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Whole Sick Crew listen to at a jazz bar in Chapter 2?
2. What is the name of the pilot who needed facial reconstruction?
3. What are Mantissa, Cesare, and the Gaucho about to do when Mantissa has a change of heart, forcing them all to flee?
4. What are the names of the two men who are drinking in front of a wine shop in Chapter 7?
5. When Benny chases after an alligator alone, what is the area that he enters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Fairing's Parish and how did it get its name?
2. Who does Benny meet on the subway and who do they introduce him to?
3. What is Paola's relationship with men in Chapter 8?
4. Why does Esther fall in love with her plastic surgeon?
5. Why is Rachel worried about Esther?
6. When Benny is propositioned by Mafia, what does he do and what does it reveal about him?
7. Why does Stencil go to the dentist and what does he discover?
8. Why is Gaucho arrested?
9. How did Stencil get wounded in Chapter 5?
10. What does the reader learn about V. in Chapter 3?
Compare and contrast Rachel and Paola, two women that Benny Profane gets involved with. What are the main differences between them? Which made the better partner and why? What are strengths and weaknesses of each?
Both Benny and Stencil are two of the most active characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Stencil had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Benny had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the Whole Sick Crew? Which one is stronger and why?
Explain the role of women in Virginia in the1950s when the women in the stories are living their lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women may not have?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)