|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Benny chases after an alligator alone, what is the area that he enters?
2. What does Rachel drive?
3. Who is Dr. Shale Schoenmaker?
4. What does Gaucho offer the two men to help them succeed in their plan?
5. What is the painting that Gaucho is looking at when he is caught?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paola promise Pappy Hod?
2. Why is Rachel angry with Slab?
3. Who does Benny meet on the subway and who do they introduce him to?
4. When Benny is propositioned by Mafia, what does he do and what does it reveal about him?
5. What does Fausto Mijstral reveal in his letter to his daughter Paola?
6. How did Stencil get wounded in Chapter 5?
7. What does Hugo Bongo-Shaftsbury talk to Mildred about on the train in Egypt?
8. Why is Rachel worried about Esther?
9. How does Dr. Schoenmaker view Esther in Chapter 4?
10. What does Rachel have a desire for that all the other members of the Whole Sick Crew appear to lack?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses some important instances of flashbacks in the stories. Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Benny Profane. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
How is sexuality portrayed in V.? Which characters appear overtly sexual? Which characters are sexually appealing to others and why? What sexual taboos are broken and what issues are raised in relation to sex? Describe.
This section contains 1,394 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)