|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Goodfellow?
2. Where does Benny get an interview?
3. What is the name of the record executive?
4. Who is the world adventurer looking for?
5. Who does Waldetar see crying?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rachel Owlglass.
2. What is Fairing's Parish and how did it get its name?
3. Who does Benny meet on the subway and who do they introduce him to?
4. What is the urban legend that Benny Profane actually does?
5. Why is Gaucho arrested?
6. Describe Waldetar.
7. Why does Rachel go to see Dr. Schoenmaker's profession and why does it upset her?
8. Describe Benny Profane in Chapter 1.
9. What does Hugo Bongo-Shaftsbury talk to Mildred about on the train in Egypt?
10. Describe Victoria in Chapter 7.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe some of the settings for the stories. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did the author choose to use these places in the stories?
Essay Topic 2
Both Benny and Stencil are two of the most active characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Stencil had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Benny had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the Whole Sick Crew? Which one is stronger and why?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Benny Profane. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)