|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What appalling act does Fina do that Profane abhors?
2. Where does Stencil link V. to a conspiracy?
3. What is the painting that Gaucho is looking at when he is caught?
4. What collapses on Evan as he tries to leave the building?
5. How and where was Stencil shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hugo Bongo-Shaftsbury talk to Mildred about on the train in Egypt?
2. How does Dr. Schoenmaker view Esther in Chapter 4?
3. Why does Stencil go to the dentist and what does he discover?
4. What is Herbert Stencil's purpose?
5. Who is Morris Teflon and what is his role in Chapter 1?
6. Describe Benny Profane in Chapter 1.
7. How did Stencil get wounded in Chapter 5?
8. Why does Rachel go to see Dr. Schoenmaker's profession and why does it upset her?
9. What is Benny's new job at the end of Chapter 1 and how does he get it?
10. What is the urban legend that Benny Profane actually does?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe some of the settings for the stories. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did the author choose to use these places in the stories?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Rachel and Paola, two women that Benny Profane gets involved with. What are the main differences between them? Which made the better partner and why? What are strengths and weaknesses of each?
Essay Topic 3
How is sexuality portrayed in V.? Which characters appear overtly sexual? Which characters are sexually appealing to others and why? What sexual taboos are broken and what issues are raised in relation to sex? Describe.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)