|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens during "suck hour" at the bar?
2. Who did Stencil meet that talked to him about the sewers and the rat Veronica?
3. What does the dentist show Stencil?
4. What does Angel's sister offer to Profane that he rejects?
5. Who is Sir Alistair Wren?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Benny meet on the subway and who do they introduce him to?
2. What is Herbert Stencil's purpose?
3. What is Vheissu?
4. Describe Victoria in Chapter 7.
5. What is the disturbing discovery that Profane makes about Fina?
6. What is Benny's new job at the end of Chapter 1 and how does he get it?
7. Who is Morris Teflon and what is his role in Chapter 1?
8. Why is Gaucho arrested?
9. What is Fairing's Parish and how did it get its name?
10. What does Rachel have a desire for that all the other members of the Whole Sick Crew appear to lack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Rachel and Paola, two women that Benny Profane gets involved with. What are the main differences between them? Which made the better partner and why? What are strengths and weaknesses of each?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the novel's title. Why do you think the author named the book V.? Now that you have read the book, how does that alter your understanding of the title? Are you intrigued to find a sequel? Why or why not? Cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)