|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wijk fear that Abraham Morris will do?
(a) Destroy his antennas.
(b) Kidnap his friends.
(c) Steal his diamonds.
(d) Raid his farm.
2. Who go to a party in Washington D.C. for the weekend in Chapter 14?
(a) Stencil, Profane and Pig Bodine.
(b) Profane and Paola.
(c) Rachel and Mafia.
(d) Paola and Pig.
3. When Kurt Mondaugen is stopped by a lieutenant in Chapter 9, what does the lieutenant think Mondaugen is up to?
(a) He is planting a bomb.
(b) He is spying for the English.
(c) He is kidnapping the president's child.
(d) He is stealing from the governor.
4. When the Whole Sick Crew has a party, who does Winsome and Pig Bodine get in a ﬁght over?
(b) Winsome's money habits.
(c) Pig's drinking.
5. What kind of relationship does the mysterious woman and the ballerina develop soon after their meeting in Chapter 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the expatriate that Mondaugen visits to give news of the war?
2. What does Rachel say that Profane is too wrapped up in that will prevent him from truly loving a woman?
3. Who does Rachel want to know is in her apartment?
4. Who tries to have sex with Paola but she refuses in Chapter 13?
5. When Pig gets involved with an airline stewardess, what does he run out of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unfortunate accident occurs to Melanie L'Heuremandi?
2. How does V. appear in Chapter 9 and what does this say about her or her role?
3. Why is Rachel disappointed in Benny?
4. What does Kurt Mondaugen witness in 1922 while in Africa?
5. Why are the members of the Whole Sick Crew not bothered by police arrests?
6. How does fate appear to intervene in the life of Benny Profane in Chapter 8?
7. Why does Esther have trouble in her relationship with the plastic surgeon?
8. What are some characteristics of V. that are revealed in Chapter 11 and what do they say about her?
9. What does Fausto Mijstral reveal in his letter to his daughter Paola?
10. What is Godolphin's point of contention against V.'s argument for Vheissu?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)