|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who go to a party in Washington D.C. for the weekend in Chapter 14?
(a) Paola and Pig.
(b) Profane and Paola.
(c) Stencil, Profane and Pig Bodine.
(d) Rachel and Mafia.
2. What is the name of the expatriate that Mondaugen visits to give news of the war?
3. How does Fausto Maijstral refer to himself after the birth of his child and the beginning of war?
(a) Fausto II.
4. After Profane loses his job, what does he become a full member of?
(a) Whole Sick Crew.
(b) New York City Public Park Volunteers.
(d) Amputatees Anonymous.
5. What did the Bad Priest do that infuriates Fausto Maijstral?
(a) He convinced Elena to become a nun.
(b) He steals Fausto Maijstral's child.
(c) He marries Elena.
(d) He kills Elena.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who acts like a mother towards Esther, concerned about her welfare and her decisions in Chapter 12?
2. Who is the German woman with a fake eye that Mondaugen meets?
3. What does Profane and a talking machine compare the stack of junk cars at the dump to?
4. Who stops Winsome from killing himself at Rachel's apartment?
5. What is V's fear about the ballerina?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Benny show signs of regression in Chapter 13?
2. Why is Rachel disappointed in Benny?
3. What does Kurt Mondaugen witness in 1922 while in Africa?
4. Why does Paola masquerade as Ruby?
5. Why is Rachel worried about Esther?
6. What is V.'s point of view regarding the siege in Africa in 1922?
7. What happens to V. in Paris?
8. Why does Esther have trouble in her relationship with the plastic surgeon?
9. Why is Stencil afraid to go to Malta?
10. Why is Rachel angry with Slab?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)