|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Esther tries to run to the plane, who gets in a fight at the airport?
(a) Benny and Paola.
(b) Winsome and Mafia.
(c) Rachel and Slab.
(d) Pig and Benny.
2. Who does Stencil tell Profane loves him in Chapter 13?
3. After Profane loses his job, what does he become a full member of?
(a) Amputatees Anonymous.
(b) Whole Sick Crew.
(c) New York City Public Park Volunteers.
4. When Stencil and Profane break into Eigenvalue's ofﬁce, what do they steal?
(b) False teeth.
5. What does Rachel ask Benny Profane's help in procuring that he suggests she borrow from Winsome?
(a) A shoe.
(b) A key.
(c) An alibi.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Williem van Wijk?
2. Who is the German woman with a fake eye that Mondaugen meets?
3. In his letter, what does Fausto Maijstral say about himself?
4. When Foppl was in the army, what happened in 1904?
5. What does Pig see by the antenna by the platform of the ship where Profane was working?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Stencil afraid to go to Malta?
2. How is Benny Profane's "yo-yo" behavior different from that of the Whole Sick Crew?
3. Why is Rachel angry with Slab?
4. What is the big change Benny Profane makes in Chapter 13 regarding Rachel Owlglass?
5. When Benny is propositioned by Mafia, what does he do and what does it reveal about him?
6. What are some characteristics of V. that are revealed in Chapter 11 and what do they say about her?
7. What does Kurt Mondaugen witness in 1922 while in Africa?
8. What happens to V. in Paris?
9. When Fausto changes his personality, what is the role that he assumes?
10. How does fate appear to intervene in the life of Benny Profane in Chapter 8?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)