|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Whole Sick Crew at a party in Chapter 12?
(a) Raoul, Slab, and Melvin's place.
(b) Tea room.
(c) Winchester's pub.
(d) Salon on North Street.
2. Who does Rachel want to know is in her apartment?
3. What does Rachel say that Profane is too wrapped up in that will prevent him from truly loving a woman?
(b) The idea of himself as a schlemihl.
4. When Winsome comes back to his apartment, who does he find his wife is talking to?
(a) Mildred Wren.
(b) Pig Bodine.
(c) Rachel Owlglass.
(d) Benny Profane.
5. Who is the German woman with a fake eye that Mondaugen meets?
(a) Mia Spangenburg.
(b) Esther Franz.
(c) Vera Meroving.
(d) Gertrude Stein.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who works at Benny's place of employment?
2. Where is Fausto Maijstral in Chapter 11?
3. Where does Benny Profane work as a guard?
4. While Profane thinks he is settled in his job, what happens that changes everything in Chapter 13?
5. Who are the people at the musician's home who are looking at a painting of a cheese danish and a tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What action does Mafia fail to take and what does it reveal about him and the Whole Sick Crew?
2. Why does Paola masquerade as Ruby?
3. Why is Rachel disappointed in Benny?
4. Why is Fina leaving New York?
5. What unfortunate accident occurs to Melanie L'Heuremandi?
6. When Fausto changes his personality, what is the role that he assumes?
7. How is Benny Profane's "yo-yo" behavior different from that of the Whole Sick Crew?
8. What is the big change Benny Profane makes in Chapter 13 regarding Rachel Owlglass?
9. How does fate appear to intervene in the life of Benny Profane in Chapter 8?
10. Why does Esther have trouble in her relationship with the plastic surgeon?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)