|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mysterious woman who talks to the ballerina tell her about her future?
(a) That she will fall in love and marry a rich man.
(b) That she will die soon.
(c) That she will travel the world on a boat.
(d) That she will drive Paris mad.
2. Who does Rachel want to know is in her apartment?
3. Who guesses that Esther could be pregnant?
(b) Pig Bodine.
4. Who is talking to Rachel in a bar and confesses feelings for Paola in Chapter 10?
5. Who is the musician and singer, has just ﬁnished his last set at a club in Chapter 10?
(b) Jason Priestley.
(c) Benny Profane.
(d) McClintic Sphere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops Winsome from killing himself at Rachel's apartment?
2. When Mondaugen feels sick, what does Gondolphin think he has?
3. What does Rachel tell Profane that he must convince Esther to do or not do?
4. When Kurt Mondaugen is stopped by a lieutenant in Chapter 9, what does the lieutenant think Mondaugen is up to?
5. What did the ballerina forget to wear that would have prevented the horrible accident that occurred to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fausto Mijstral reveal in his letter to his daughter Paola?
2. How does Benny show signs of regression in Chapter 13?
3. Why does Paola masquerade as Ruby?
4. How is Benny Profane's "yo-yo" behavior different from that of the Whole Sick Crew?
5. How does fate appear to intervene in the life of Benny Profane in Chapter 8?
6. What unfortunate accident occurs to Melanie L'Heuremandi?
7. What are some characteristics of V. that are revealed in Chapter 11 and what do they say about her?
8. What is V.'s point of view regarding the siege in Africa in 1922?
9. What does Kurt Mondaugen witness in 1922 while in Africa?
10. What is Paola's relationship with men in Chapter 8?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)