|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is a ballerina in Paris in 1913?
(a) Mélanie l'Heuremaudi.
(b) Rachel Owlglass.
(c) Esther Hayes.
(d) Paola Mijstral.
2. What kind of relationship does the mysterious woman and the ballerina develop soon after their meeting in Chapter 14?
3. Why does Benny want to get a job in Chapter 8?
(a) To buy food.
(b) To meet women.
(c) To save money.
(d) To get revenge.
4. Where does Kurt Mondaugen work?
(a) Owl Tavern.
(b) Space/Time Employment Agency.
(c) Futuristic Records.
(d) Yoyodyne Inc.
5. To whom does Fausto Maijstral write a letter in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. While Profane thinks he is settled in his job, what happens that changes everything in Chapter 13?
2. What does Rachel tell Profane that he must convince Esther to do or not do?
3. Why is Rachel angry at Slab in Chapter 12?
4. Who makes love in the garage in Chapter 12?
5. When Pig gets involved with an airline stewardess, what does he run out of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the members of the Whole Sick Crew not bothered by police arrests?
2. Why is Stencil afraid to go to Malta?
3. What is Paola's relationship with men in Chapter 8?
4. How does fate appear to intervene in the life of Benny Profane in Chapter 8?
5. What is Godolphin's point of contention against V.'s argument for Vheissu?
6. How does V. appear in Chapter 9 and what does this say about her or her role?
7. What is the big change Benny Profane makes in Chapter 13 regarding Rachel Owlglass?
8. How does Benny show signs of regression in Chapter 13?
9. How is Benny Profane's "yo-yo" behavior different from that of the Whole Sick Crew?
10. Why does Esther have trouble in her relationship with the plastic surgeon?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)