|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes love in the garage in Chapter 12?
(a) Rachel and Benny.
(b) Paola and Pig.
(c) Hood and Esther.
(d) Esther and Slab.
2. Who goes to the airport to stop Esther from leaving in Chapter 12?
(a) Benny and Rachel.
(b) Mafia and Paola.
(c) Winsome and Slab.
(d) Pig Bodine and Benny.
3. Where is the Whole Sick Crew at a party in Chapter 12?
(a) Salon on North Street.
(b) Tea room.
(c) Winchester's pub.
(d) Raoul, Slab, and Melvin's place.
4. After Profane loses his job, what does he become a full member of?
(a) Amputatees Anonymous.
(b) Whole Sick Crew.
(c) New York City Public Park Volunteers.
5. Where is Captain Hugh Godolphin heading off to when Mondaugen meets him?
(c) An expedition to the South Pole.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is suffering from stomach pains in Chapter 10?
2. Who are the people at the musician's home who are looking at a painting of a cheese danish and a tree?
3. While Esther tries to run to the plane, who gets in a fight at the airport?
4. While Profane thinks he is settled in his job, what happens that changes everything in Chapter 13?
5. Who stops Winsome from killing himself at Rachel's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does fate appear to intervene in the life of Benny Profane in Chapter 8?
2. What does Fausto Mijstral reveal in his letter to his daughter Paola?
3. What are some characteristics of V. that are revealed in Chapter 11 and what do they say about her?
4. What is Godolphin's point of contention against V.'s argument for Vheissu?
5. When Fausto changes his personality, what is the role that he assumes?
6. How does V. appear in Chapter 9 and what does this say about her or her role?
7. Why is Rachel angry with Slab?
8. What is the big change Benny Profane makes in Chapter 13 regarding Rachel Owlglass?
9. When Benny is propositioned by Mafia, what does he do and what does it reveal about him?
10. Why are the members of the Whole Sick Crew not bothered by police arrests?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)