|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Esther tries to run to the plane, who gets in a fight at the airport?
(a) Benny and Paola.
(b) Rachel and Slab.
(c) Winsome and Mafia.
(d) Pig and Benny.
2. What did the ballerina forget to wear that would have prevented the horrible accident that occurred to her?
(a) A lucky medallion.
(b) A safety belt.
(c) A cross.
3. What does Wijk fear that Abraham Morris will do?
(a) Destroy his antennas.
(b) Kidnap his friends.
(c) Raid his farm.
(d) Steal his diamonds.
4. Why is Stencil afraid of going to Malta?
(a) He hates the sun.
(b) He has bad dreams about the place.
(c) His father died there and he may find V.
(d) He is afraid of traveling by boat.
5. What kind of closure does Benny have about his previous life in New York City?
(a) All the members are dead.
(b) He sees Fina who is leaving because her brother found out about her activiities with the gang and he is glad that life is over.
(c) A priest confesses him.
(d) He does not have any and is filled with regret.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Slab suggest that Esther do about her pregnancy?
2. When Stencil and Profane break into Eigenvalue's ofﬁce, what do they steal?
3. Who is talking to Rachel in a bar and confesses feelings for Paola in Chapter 10?
4. Where does Kurt Mondaugen work?
5. Who is dressed as a woman and steals the transmissions in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Benny is propositioned by Mafia, what does he do and what does it reveal about him?
2. Why does Esther have trouble in her relationship with the plastic surgeon?
3. Why are the members of the Whole Sick Crew not bothered by police arrests?
4. How does Benny show signs of regression in Chapter 13?
5. What is Paola's relationship with men in Chapter 8?
6. Why is Stencil afraid to go to Malta?
7. When Fausto changes his personality, what is the role that he assumes?
8. How does fate appear to intervene in the life of Benny Profane in Chapter 8?
9. What unfortunate accident occurs to Melanie L'Heuremandi?
10. What happens to V. in Paris?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)