|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel say that Profane is too wrapped up in that will prevent him from truly loving a woman?
(a) The idea of himself as a schlemihl.
2. Where do the police take Winsome after he jumps from the first floor into their net?
(a) His wife's trial.
(b) Mental hospital.
(d) Drug rehabilitation center.
3. While Profane thinks he is settled in his job, what happens that changes everything in Chapter 13?
(a) He misses his alarm and is fired from his job.
(b) His pay is cut down to a third.
(c) He falls sick.
(d) His company goes bankrupt.
4. When the police arrive at Winsome's apartment, who do they arrest?
(b) Slab and Hood.
(c) Maﬁa, Charisma, Fu and their friends.
(d) Benny and Rachel.
5. What is the horrible accident that happens to the ballerina on stage in Chapter 14?
(a) She is poisoned.
(b) She is impaled on a wooden stake.
(c) An elephant lands on her, crushing her instantly.
(d) She falls down to her death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the people at the musician's home who are looking at a painting of a cheese danish and a tree?
2. Where is the Whole Sick Crew at a party in Chapter 12?
3. To whom does Fausto Maijstral write a letter in Chapter 11?
4. Who tells Rachel and Profane that the dentist was robbed in Chapter 14?
5. When Winsome comes back to his apartment, who does he find his wife is talking to?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Fausto changes his personality, what is the role that he assumes?
2. What does Kurt Mondaugen witness in 1922 while in Africa?
3. What unfortunate accident occurs to Melanie L'Heuremandi?
4. What action does Mafia fail to take and what does it reveal about him and the Whole Sick Crew?
5. What happens to V. in Paris?
6. What is V.'s point of view regarding the siege in Africa in 1922?
7. Why is Stencil afraid to go to Malta?
8. How does fate appear to intervene in the life of Benny Profane in Chapter 8?
9. Why does Esther have trouble in her relationship with the plastic surgeon?
10. What is Paola's relationship with men in Chapter 8?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)