|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Rachel and Profane that the dentist was robbed in Chapter 14?
(b) The dentist.
2. What kind of closure does Benny have about his previous life in New York City?
(a) A priest confesses him.
(b) All the members are dead.
(c) He sees Fina who is leaving because her brother found out about her activiities with the gang and he is glad that life is over.
(d) He does not have any and is filled with regret.
3. What does Profane and a talking machine compare the stack of junk cars at the dump to?
(a) The bodies of Jews at the concentration camps after World War II.
(b) Mass destruction.
(c) Children's toys.
(d) A pile of cookies.
4. What is the horrible accident that happens to the ballerina on stage in Chapter 14?
(a) She is impaled on a wooden stake.
(b) She falls down to her death.
(c) An elephant lands on her, crushing her instantly.
(d) She is poisoned.
5. When Pig gets involved with an airline stewardess, what does he run out of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is V's fear about the ballerina?
2. During the war, what does Fausto's wife do?
3. What does Wijk fear that Abraham Morris will do?
4. Why is Stencil afraid of going to Malta?
5. When Mondaugen was in Africa, what was the project he worked on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Benny Profane's "yo-yo" behavior different from that of the Whole Sick Crew?
2. Why does Esther have trouble in her relationship with the plastic surgeon?
3. What is Paola's relationship with men in Chapter 8?
4. Why is Rachel worried about Esther?
5. What unfortunate accident occurs to Melanie L'Heuremandi?
6. Why are the members of the Whole Sick Crew not bothered by police arrests?
7. How does Benny show signs of regression in Chapter 13?
8. Why is Fina leaving New York?
9. When Fausto changes his personality, what is the role that he assumes?
10. What happens to V. in Paris?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)