|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rachel want to know is in her apartment?
2. Why is Rachel angry at Slab in Chapter 12?
(a) Because he can be bribed.
(b) Because he would let Esther just leave like that.
(c) Because he left her for Esther.
(d) Because he fights with Pig Bodine over her.
3. Who is dressed as a woman and steals the transmissions in Chapter 9?
(c) The lieutenant.
4. What is "yo-yo-ing" practiced by the Whole Sick Crew in Chapter 10?
(a) Dancing naked.
(b) Riding subway trains back and forth while drunk.
(c) Being honest and then lying and back and forth.
(d) Committing and leaving back and forth.
5. What kind of closure does Benny have about his previous life in New York City?
(a) He sees Fina who is leaving because her brother found out about her activiities with the gang and he is glad that life is over.
(b) All the members are dead.
(c) He does not have any and is filled with regret.
(d) A priest confesses him.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the airport, who is leaving for Puerto Rico in Chapter 12?
2. Who tries to have sex with Paola but she refuses in Chapter 13?
3. When the Whole Sick Crew has a party, who does Winsome and Pig Bodine get in a ﬁght over?
4. What does Profane and a talking machine compare the stack of junk cars at the dump to?
5. Who is the musician and singer, has just ﬁnished his last set at a club in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the members of the Whole Sick Crew not bothered by police arrests?
2. Why does Esther have trouble in her relationship with the plastic surgeon?
3. When Benny is propositioned by Mafia, what does he do and what does it reveal about him?
4. Why is Rachel worried about Esther?
5. What is Paola's relationship with men in Chapter 8?
6. What does Kurt Mondaugen witness in 1922 while in Africa?
7. How is Benny Profane's "yo-yo" behavior different from that of the Whole Sick Crew?
8. What is Godolphin's point of contention against V.'s argument for Vheissu?
9. How does fate appear to intervene in the life of Benny Profane in Chapter 8?
10. How does Benny show signs of regression in Chapter 13?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)