|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the German woman with a fake eye that Mondaugen meets?
(a) Vera Meroving.
(b) Esther Franz.
(c) Gertrude Stein.
(d) Mia Spangenburg.
2. What are the names of the synthetic human machines that Benny watches over?
(a) Gunther and Greta.
(b) Tommy and Theresa.
(c) SHOCK and SHROUD.
(d) Pig and Paola.
3. Who works at Benny's place of employment?
4. Who does Stencil tell Profane loves him in Chapter 13?
5. What does Profane and a talking machine compare the stack of junk cars at the dump to?
(a) The bodies of Jews at the concentration camps after World War II.
(b) A pile of cookies.
(c) Children's toys.
(d) Mass destruction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who go to a party in Washington D.C. for the weekend in Chapter 14?
2. What is "yo-yo-ing" practiced by the Whole Sick Crew in Chapter 10?
3. When Kurt Mondaugen is stopped by a lieutenant in Chapter 9, what does the lieutenant think Mondaugen is up to?
4. Who tries to have sex with Paola but she refuses in Chapter 13?
5. Who does the dentist introduce Stencil to in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paola masquerade as Ruby?
2. What does Kurt Mondaugen witness in 1922 while in Africa?
3. What is V.'s point of view regarding the siege in Africa in 1922?
4. What does Fausto Mijstral reveal in his letter to his daughter Paola?
5. What happens to V. in Paris?
6. When Fausto changes his personality, what is the role that he assumes?
7. Why is Rachel disappointed in Benny?
8. Why are the members of the Whole Sick Crew not bothered by police arrests?
9. What is Paola's relationship with men in Chapter 8?
10. How is Benny Profane's "yo-yo" behavior different from that of the Whole Sick Crew?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)