|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mysterious woman who talks to the ballerina tell her about her future?
(a) That she will drive Paris mad.
(b) That she will fall in love and marry a rich man.
(c) That she will travel the world on a boat.
(d) That she will die soon.
2. Who goes to the airport to stop Esther from leaving in Chapter 12?
(a) Pig Bodine and Benny.
(b) Benny and Rachel.
(c) Winsome and Slab.
(d) Mafia and Paola.
3. Who tries to have sex with Paola but she refuses in Chapter 13?
(c) Pig Bodine.
4. At the airport, who is leaving for Puerto Rico in Chapter 12?
5. When the Whole Sick Crew has a party, who does Winsome and Pig Bodine get in a ﬁght over?
(a) Winsome's money habits.
(c) Pig's drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is talking to Rachel in a bar and confesses feelings for Paola in Chapter 10?
2. What does Rachel tell Profane that he must convince Esther to do or not do?
3. When Kurt Mondaugen is stopped by a lieutenant in Chapter 9, what does the lieutenant think Mondaugen is up to?
4. When Mondaugen is looking for a power source for his antennas, what or who does he find in the basement of the expatriate's house?
5. What does Winsome fear that Mafia is doing that he tells Rachel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the members of the Whole Sick Crew not bothered by police arrests?
2. Why is Rachel disappointed in Benny?
3. Why is Fina leaving New York?
4. Why does Esther have trouble in her relationship with the plastic surgeon?
5. Why does Paola masquerade as Ruby?
6. Why is Stencil afraid to go to Malta?
7. What is the big change Benny Profane makes in Chapter 13 regarding Rachel Owlglass?
8. When Fausto changes his personality, what is the role that he assumes?
9. What is V.'s point of view regarding the siege in Africa in 1922?
10. Why is Rachel angry with Slab?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)