|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Stencil afraid of going to Malta?
(a) His father died there and he may find V.
(b) He has bad dreams about the place.
(c) He is afraid of traveling by boat.
(d) He hates the sun.
2. Who travels to Malta in Chapter 13?
(a) Profane, Paola, and Benny.
(b) Profane, Paola and Stencil.
(c) Paola, Rachel, and Stencil.
(d) Stencil, Paola, and Benny.
3. What is "yo-yo-ing" practiced by the Whole Sick Crew in Chapter 10?
(a) Committing and leaving back and forth.
(b) Riding subway trains back and forth while drunk.
(c) Being honest and then lying and back and forth.
(d) Dancing naked.
4. Who could not attend the party because of a fight with a partner in Chapter 12?
5. Who is talking to Rachel in a bar and confesses feelings for Paola in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Whole Sick Crew at a party in Chapter 12?
2. Who guesses that Esther could be pregnant?
3. Who does Rachel want to know is in her apartment?
4. Who acts like a mother towards Esther, concerned about her welfare and her decisions in Chapter 12?
5. Who is the German woman with a fake eye that Mondaugen meets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What action does Mafia fail to take and what does it reveal about him and the Whole Sick Crew?
2. What is the big change Benny Profane makes in Chapter 13 regarding Rachel Owlglass?
3. How is Benny Profane's "yo-yo" behavior different from that of the Whole Sick Crew?
4. Why does Esther have trouble in her relationship with the plastic surgeon?
5. What is Paola's relationship with men in Chapter 8?
6. What is Godolphin's point of contention against V.'s argument for Vheissu?
7. Why are the members of the Whole Sick Crew not bothered by police arrests?
8. Why is Stencil afraid to go to Malta?
9. Why is Rachel disappointed in Benny?
10. Why does Paola masquerade as Ruby?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)