|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stencil tell Profane loves him in Chapter 13?
2. Who could not attend the party because of a fight with a partner in Chapter 12?
3. What does Winsome fear that Mafia is doing that he tells Rachel?
(a) Sleeping around.
(b) Stealing money.
(d) Killing people.
4. Where is Captain Hugh Godolphin heading off to when Mondaugen meets him?
(a) An expedition to the South Pole.
5. Who are the people at the musician's home who are looking at a painting of a cheese danish and a tree?
(a) Benny, Paola, and Pig.
(b) Eigenvalue, Scholom, and Tom.
(c) Ruby, Slab, and Esther.
(d) John, Jacob, and Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Fausto Maijstral's dead wife?
2. In his letter, what does Fausto Maijstral say about himself?
3. When Kurt Mondaugen is stopped by a lieutenant in Chapter 9, what does the lieutenant think Mondaugen is up to?
4. What is the horrible accident that happens to the ballerina on stage in Chapter 14?
5. When the police arrive at Winsome's apartment, who do they arrest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is V.'s point of view regarding the siege in Africa in 1922?
2. How is Benny Profane's "yo-yo" behavior different from that of the Whole Sick Crew?
3. How does fate appear to intervene in the life of Benny Profane in Chapter 8?
4. Why is Rachel disappointed in Benny?
5. What happens to V. in Paris?
6. Why does Esther have trouble in her relationship with the plastic surgeon?
7. Why is Rachel worried about Esther?
8. How does Benny show signs of regression in Chapter 13?
9. What is the big change Benny Profane makes in Chapter 13 regarding Rachel Owlglass?
10. When Fausto changes his personality, what is the role that he assumes?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)