|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Stencil afraid of going to Malta?
(a) He has bad dreams about the place.
(b) His father died there and he may find V.
(c) He hates the sun.
(d) He is afraid of traveling by boat.
2. What kind of building is Fausto Maijstral in that he describes in his letter?
(a) One that sells cars.
(b) One with seven stories.
(c) One that houses dead people.
(d) One that was bombed during World War I.
3. What kind of closure does Benny have about his previous life in New York City?
(a) He sees Fina who is leaving because her brother found out about her activiities with the gang and he is glad that life is over.
(b) He does not have any and is filled with regret.
(c) All the members are dead.
(d) A priest confesses him.
4. Who does Rachel want to know is in her apartment?
5. What does Rachel say that Profane is too wrapped up in that will prevent him from truly loving a woman?
(b) The idea of himself as a schlemihl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is suffering from stomach pains in Chapter 10?
2. What did the Bad Priest do that infuriates Fausto Maijstral?
3. What are the names of the synthetic human machines that Benny watches over?
4. Where is the Whole Sick Crew at a party in Chapter 12?
5. What does the mysterious woman who talks to the ballerina tell her about her future?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Godolphin's point of contention against V.'s argument for Vheissu?
2. When Benny is propositioned by Mafia, what does he do and what does it reveal about him?
3. What is Paola's relationship with men in Chapter 8?
4. Why does Esther have trouble in her relationship with the plastic surgeon?
5. What happens to V. in Paris?
6. Why is Rachel worried about Esther?
7. Why is Rachel disappointed in Benny?
8. How does fate appear to intervene in the life of Benny Profane in Chapter 8?
9. What are some characteristics of V. that are revealed in Chapter 11 and what do they say about her?
10. Why are the members of the Whole Sick Crew not bothered by police arrests?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)