|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Fausto Maijstral's dead wife?
2. In his letter, what does Fausto Maijstral say about himself?
(a) How sad he is.
(b) How confused he is.
(c) How brilliant he is.
(d) How he changed from being young and idealistic to bitter and realistic after the birth of his child.
3. What does Pig see by the antenna by the platform of the ship where Profane was working?
(a) A gang member.
(b) Hamburger meat that was now cooked.
(c) A dead body.
(d) A ghost.
4. Where does Kurt Mondaugen work?
(a) Owl Tavern.
(b) Space/Time Employment Agency.
(c) Futuristic Records.
(d) Yoyodyne Inc.
5. What kind of building is Fausto Maijstral in that he describes in his letter?
(a) One that sells cars.
(b) One that was bombed during World War I.
(c) One that houses dead people.
(d) One with seven stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the police take Winsome after he jumps from the first floor into their net?
2. Who goes to the airport to stop Esther from leaving in Chapter 12?
3. Who is the musician and singer, has just ﬁnished his last set at a club in Chapter 10?
4. What does Slab suggest that Esther do about her pregnancy?
5. Why does Benny want to get a job in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fausto Mijstral reveal in his letter to his daughter Paola?
2. How does V. appear in Chapter 9 and what does this say about her or her role?
3. Why is Rachel disappointed in Benny?
4. What happens to V. in Paris?
5. What is V.'s point of view regarding the siege in Africa in 1922?
6. What action does Mafia fail to take and what does it reveal about him and the Whole Sick Crew?
7. When Fausto changes his personality, what is the role that he assumes?
8. How is Benny Profane's "yo-yo" behavior different from that of the Whole Sick Crew?
9. Why does Paola masquerade as Ruby?
10. How does Benny show signs of regression in Chapter 13?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)