|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is suffering from stomach pains in Chapter 10?
2. What does Shale Schoenmaker want to do that makes Esther angry and leave?
(a) He dates someone else.
(b) He cheats on her.
(c) He proposes that he do more plastic surgery on her.
(d) He leaves the country.
3. Who is Williem van Wijk?
(a) An engineering student.
(b) V.'s brother.
(c) A diamond merchant.
(d) A German colonist.
4. When Mondaugen is looking for a power source for his antennas, what or who does he find in the basement of the expatriate's house?
(a) A chest full of diamonds.
(b) A stash of money.
(c) A native who has been whipped.
(d) A fridge full of marijuana.
5. When Winsome comes back to his apartment, who does he find his wife is talking to?
(a) Benny Profane.
(b) Mildred Wren.
(c) Pig Bodine.
(d) Rachel Owlglass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel tell Profane that he must convince Esther to do or not do?
2. In his letter, what does Fausto Maijstral say about himself?
3. During the war, what does Fausto's wife do?
4. What does Winsome fear that Mafia is doing that he tells Rachel?
5. What does Rachel ask Benny Profane's help in procuring that he suggests she borrow from Winsome?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Benny show signs of regression in Chapter 13?
2. Why does Esther have trouble in her relationship with the plastic surgeon?
3. What unfortunate accident occurs to Melanie L'Heuremandi?
4. Why is Stencil afraid to go to Malta?
5. Why are the members of the Whole Sick Crew not bothered by police arrests?
6. What are some characteristics of V. that are revealed in Chapter 11 and what do they say about her?
7. What happens to V. in Paris?
8. Why is Fina leaving New York?
9. Why is Rachel disappointed in Benny?
10. Why does Paola masquerade as Ruby?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)