|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kurt Mondaugen work?
(a) Yoyodyne Inc.
(b) Space/Time Employment Agency.
(c) Futuristic Records.
(d) Owl Tavern.
2. Where is the Whole Sick Crew at a party in Chapter 12?
(a) Winchester's pub.
(b) Tea room.
(c) Raoul, Slab, and Melvin's place.
(d) Salon on North Street.
3. Where does Benny get a job?
(a) An accountant's firm.
(b) Half-Street Lounge.
(c) Barmaid's Home.
(d) Space/Time Employment Agency.
4. When Mondaugen feels sick, what does Gondolphin think he has?
(b) Yellow fever.
5. What does Shale Schoenmaker want to do that makes Esther angry and leave?
(a) He dates someone else.
(b) He leaves the country.
(c) He proposes that he do more plastic surgery on her.
(d) He cheats on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Williem van Wijk?
2. Who travels to Malta in Chapter 13?
3. Who is a ballerina in Paris in 1913?
4. When Kurt Mondaugen is stopped by a lieutenant in Chapter 9, what does the lieutenant think Mondaugen is up to?
5. What is the name of Fausto Maijstral's dead wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Fausto changes his personality, what is the role that he assumes?
2. Why is Fina leaving New York?
3. When Benny is propositioned by Mafia, what does he do and what does it reveal about him?
4. What is Paola's relationship with men in Chapter 8?
5. How does fate appear to intervene in the life of Benny Profane in Chapter 8?
6. Why is Rachel worried about Esther?
7. Why is Rachel disappointed in Benny?
8. What does Kurt Mondaugen witness in 1922 while in Africa?
9. How does V. appear in Chapter 9 and what does this say about her or her role?
10. Why does Paola masquerade as Ruby?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)