|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the police take Winsome after he jumps from the first floor into their net?
(a) Drug rehabilitation center.
(b) Mental hospital.
(c) His wife's trial.
2. While Esther tries to run to the plane, who gets in a fight at the airport?
(a) Pig and Benny.
(b) Benny and Paola.
(c) Winsome and Mafia.
(d) Rachel and Slab.
3. Why is Rachel angry at Slab in Chapter 12?
(a) Because he fights with Pig Bodine over her.
(b) Because he would let Esther just leave like that.
(c) Because he left her for Esther.
(d) Because he can be bribed.
4. Who does the dentist introduce Stencil to in Chapter 8?
(b) Bloody Chiclitz.
(c) His wife.
5. When Mondaugen was in Africa, what was the project he worked on?
(a) A diamond extraction program.
(b) A secret government operative.
(c) A project involving atmospheric radio disturbances.
(d) An environmental hazard program.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Winsome comes back to his apartment, who does he find his wife is talking to?
2. Who is the German woman with a fake eye that Mondaugen meets?
3. What is "yo-yo-ing" practiced by the Whole Sick Crew in Chapter 10?
4. Who stops Winsome from killing himself at Rachel's apartment?
5. Who goes to the airport to stop Esther from leaving in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Fina leaving New York?
2. Why is Rachel disappointed in Benny?
3. How does Benny show signs of regression in Chapter 13?
4. Why does Esther have trouble in her relationship with the plastic surgeon?
5. What happens to V. in Paris?
6. How does V. appear in Chapter 9 and what does this say about her or her role?
7. What does Kurt Mondaugen witness in 1922 while in Africa?
8. What are some characteristics of V. that are revealed in Chapter 11 and what do they say about her?
9. Why does Paola masquerade as Ruby?
10. When Fausto changes his personality, what is the role that he assumes?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)