|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Waldetar see crying?
(a) Mildred Wren.
(d) Victoria Wren.
2. What does Rachel Owlglass do for a living in New York City?
(a) She is an accountant.
(b) She is an interviewer at an employment ﬁrm.
(c) She is a dentist.
(d) She is a receptionist at a law firm.
3. What does Rachel do that Benny is afraid of?
(b) Drive recklessly.
4. What is a strange habit of the seaman who Benny recognizes in the bar from the Navy?
(a) He likes to bite the buttocks of barmaids.
(b) He wears a toupe.
(c) He chews his foot.
(d) He sleeps upside down.
5. Where does Stencil link V. to a conspiracy?
(a) Madrid, Spain.
(b) Florence, Italy.
(c) Alexandria, Egypt.
(d) Macchu Picchu, Peru.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the record executive's wife?
2. When Evan arrives at his father's door, what does he find?
3. Who is Esther's lover?
4. Who does Benny meet on the subway in New York?
5. Who is a patient of Dr. Schoenmaker that Rachel pays the bill for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Victoria in Chapter 7.
2. Who does Benny meet on the subway and who do they introduce him to?
3. How does Dr. Schoenmaker view Esther in Chapter 4?
4. Why is Gaucho arrested?
5. Describe Benny Profane in Chapter 1.
6. What is the disturbing discovery that Profane makes about Fina?
7. How is the apathy of the Whole Sick Crew evident in Winsome's behavior?
8. Who are the two Englishmen at the cafe in Egypt that a waiter overhears talking about Victoria Wren?
9. What is Herbert Stencil's purpose?
10. What is Benny's new job at the end of Chapter 1 and how does he get it?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)