|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rachel Owlglass?
(a) Rachel was a society girl from Long Island who Profane met in the Catskills.
(b) Benny's mother.
(c) A supermodel.
(d) A tall barmaid.
2. What is the name of the dentist who treats Stencil?
(a) Dudley Eigenvalue.
3. Who did Stencil meet that talked to him about the sewers and the rat Veronica?
4. How and where was Stencil shot?
(a) He was hit in the buttock by the shotgun blast.
(b) He was shot in the arm with a tranquilizer.
(c) He was shot in the leg with a rifle.
(d) He was shot in the face with a .45 muzzle.
5. What are the names of the two men who are drinking in front of a wine shop in Chapter 7?
(a) Evan and Hood.
(b) Mafia and Winsome.
(c) Signor Mantissa and Cesare.
(d) Profane and Pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the priest who tried to convert rats to Catholicism in New York City believe?
2. What does the switch on Hugo's body do?
3. What is the name of Angel's friend who works with him?
4. What is Vheissu?
5. Who is Fina?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Gaucho arrested?
2. What happens to the Birth of Venus painting in Chapter 7?
3. Who are the two Englishmen at the cafe in Egypt that a waiter overhears talking about Victoria Wren?
4. What does Rachel have a desire for that all the other members of the Whole Sick Crew appear to lack?
5. What does the reader learn about V. in Chapter 3?
6. What is Vheissu?
7. What is the plan concocted by the two men outside the wine shop and what does Gaucho propose?
8. Why does Stencil go to the dentist and what does he discover?
9. Describe the Sailor's Grave.
10. Describe Rachel Owlglass.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)