|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Profane leave Angel and the rest of the crew?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is bored.
(c) Without work, he feels there is no longer a reason to stay with them.
(d) He is scared of them.
2. Who is the world adventurer looking for?
(d) A woman he knows as V.
3. What is Lepsius wearing at the party?
(a) A gun holster.
(b) A carmelian rose.
(c) A cravat.
(d) Blue-tinted eyeglasses.
4. When Benny goes down to the ship's deck to warm up, what does he play with the night watchman?
(b) A game of cat and mouse.
5. Who is Rachel Owlglass?
(a) A tall barmaid.
(b) Rachel was a society girl from Long Island who Profane met in the Catskills.
(c) Benny's mother.
(d) A supermodel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the record executive's wife?
2. On the last night before he leaves the Catskills, what does Benny see Rachel doing when he goes to talk to her?
3. Who is Esther's lover?
4. Who in New York pretends to not know anything about the person that the world adventurer is looking for?
5. What does Angel do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What action does Mafia fail to take and what does it reveal about him and the Whole Sick Crew?
2. What is the urban legend that Benny Profane actually does?
3. What happens when Benny goes to the ferry and meets Paola?
4. How did Stencil get wounded in Chapter 5?
5. What is Godolphin's point of contention against V.'s argument for Vheissu?
6. Why does Esther have trouble in her relationship with the plastic surgeon?
7. What is the plan concocted by the two men outside the wine shop and what does Gaucho propose?
8. What is the big change Benny Profane makes in Chapter 13 regarding Rachel Owlglass?
9. What is Herbert Stencil's purpose?
10. What does the reader learn about V. in Chapter 3?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)