|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Fina?
(a) A child on the subway.
(b) A chess player.
(c) The sister of Tolito, Jose, and Kook.
(d) A prostitute.
2. What is the name of the owner of the bar in Norfolk, Virginia?
(a) Mrs. Boffo.
(c) Pappy Hod.
3. What is a strange habit of the seaman who Benny recognizes in the bar from the Navy?
(a) He likes to bite the buttocks of barmaids.
(b) He sleeps upside down.
(c) He chews his foot.
(d) He wears a toupe.
4. Which member of the Whole Sick Crew does Rachel sometimes date?
5. What does Gaucho offer the two men to help them succeed in their plan?
(a) A key.
(b) A bomb.
(c) Some money.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Angel hit in the clubhouse?
2. Who are the members of the Whole Sick Crew?
3. Who is Dr. Shale Schoenmaker?
4. What is the name of the pilot who needed facial reconstruction?
5. What apparently had Paola done by marrying Pappy Hod?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lepsius.
2. What is the disturbing discovery that Profane makes about Fina?
3. Who does Benny meet on the subway and who do they introduce him to?
4. Who are the two Englishmen at the cafe in Egypt that a waiter overhears talking about Victoria Wren?
5. What happens when Benny goes to the ferry and meets Paola?
6. Why does Rachel go to see Dr. Schoenmaker's profession and why does it upset her?
7. Who is Morris Teflon and what is his role in Chapter 1?
8. Why does Profane leave his friends?
9. How is the apathy of the Whole Sick Crew evident in Winsome's behavior?
10. What is Benny's new job at the end of Chapter 1 and how does he get it?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)