|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is V.'s strange reaction to the riots at the embassy that Evan notices and seems to understand?
(a) She finds it funny.
(b) She takes a nap.
(c) She is not affected by the death going on around her.
(d) She wants to shoot the rioters.
2. What does Angel's sister offer to Profane that he rejects?
3. Where does Waldetar work as a conductor?
(a) The Egyptian opera.
(b) The Alexandria and Cairo express train.
(c) The Siberian railroad.
(d) The British Philharmonic society.
4. What is the name of the pilot who needed facial reconstruction?
(b) Dr. Schoenmaker.
(c) Evan Godolphin.
5. Who calls Benny's name on the loudspeaker at the bus station?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in New York pretends to not know anything about the person that the world adventurer is looking for?
2. What appalling act does Fina do that Profane abhors?
3. How do Benny and Rachel first meet?
4. What happens during "suck hour" at the bar?
5. What did the priest who tried to convert rats to Catholicism in New York City believe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about V. in Chapter 3?
2. Why does Stencil go to the dentist and what does he discover?
3. Why is Gaucho arrested?
4. What is Fairing's Parish and how did it get its name?
5. What is Vheissu?
6. What is the plan concocted by the two men outside the wine shop and what does Gaucho propose?
7. Who is Morris Teflon and what is his role in Chapter 1?
8. What is Herbert Stencil's purpose?
9. Describe Victoria in Chapter 7.
10. Describe the Sailor's Grave.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)