|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the competitor for Lepsius's business?
(a) His wife.
(b) Benny Profane.
(c) A sunburned Englishman.
(d) Victoria Wren.
2. What does the dentist show Stencil?
(a) A book.
(b) A stack of letters from V.
(c) A film.
(d) A pair of dentures that will only ﬁt one person.
3. Which member of the Whole Sick Crew does Rachel sometimes date?
4. Who is the world adventurer looking for?
(c) A woman he knows as V.
5. Who does the Whole Sick Crew listen to at a jazz bar in Chapter 2?
(a) Paola Mijstral.
(b) Rachel Owglass.
(c) McClintic Sphere.
(d) Dr. Schoenmaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the members of the Whole Sick Crew?
2. By his apparent lack of interest in other women, what does Profane reveal?
3. What is the name of the lover of Victoria Wren?
4. What does Rachel say that Stencil wrote in his note?
5. What is the name of the record executive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rachel go to see Dr. Schoenmaker's profession and why does it upset her?
2. Describe Victoria in Chapter 7.
3. What does Hugo Bongo-Shaftsbury talk to Mildred about on the train in Egypt?
4. Who are the two Englishmen at the cafe in Egypt that a waiter overhears talking about Victoria Wren?
5. Why is Gaucho arrested?
6. What is Vheissu?
7. What is the disturbing discovery that Profane makes about Fina?
8. Who is Morris Teflon and what is his role in Chapter 1?
9. How did Stencil get wounded in Chapter 5?
10. How does Dr. Schoenmaker view Esther in Chapter 4?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)