|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel drive?
(a) 1955 Camry.
(b) 1954 MG.
(c) 1940 Ford T model.
(d) 1929 Buick.
2. In a cafe in Egypt, what does the waiter P. Aieul hear two Englishmen talk about?
(a) A war.
(b) A coming thunderstorm.
(c) A dance they do not want to miss.
(d) A party at the consulate that night.
3. What does Evan Godolphin think of Vheissu?
(a) That it is scary.
(b) That it is imaginary.
(c) That it is comforting.
(d) That it is dream-like.
4. What does Angel find in the clubhouse that makes him furious?
(a) His sister naked on a mattress.
(b) A dead cat.
(c) A stash of money.
(d) Broken dolls.
5. What does Gaucho offer the two men to help them succeed in their plan?
(a) A key.
(b) Some money.
(c) A bomb.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the last night before he leaves the Catskills, what does Benny see Rachel doing when he goes to talk to her?
2. When Profane stays at Pig's apartment, what does he wake up to see one night?
3. What is the name of the record executive?
4. Who are the members of the Whole Sick Crew?
5. Who calls Benny's name on the loudspeaker at the bus station?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the two Englishmen at the cafe in Egypt that a waiter overhears talking about Victoria Wren?
2. What is the plan concocted by the two men outside the wine shop and what does Gaucho propose?
3. What is Fairing's Parish and how did it get its name?
4. Why does Rachel go to see Dr. Schoenmaker's profession and why does it upset her?
5. How is the apathy of the Whole Sick Crew evident in Winsome's behavior?
6. Why does Esther fall in love with her plastic surgeon?
7. What is Vheissu?
8. What is Benny's new job at the end of Chapter 1 and how does he get it?
9. Who does Benny meet on the subway and who do they introduce him to?
10. Why is Gaucho arrested?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)