|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a cafe in Egypt, what does the waiter P. Aieul hear two Englishmen talk about?
(a) A dance they do not want to miss.
(b) A coming thunderstorm.
(c) A party at the consulate that night.
(d) A war.
2. What does the dentist show Stencil?
(a) A stack of letters from V.
(b) A film.
(c) A book.
(d) A pair of dentures that will only ﬁt one person.
3. Who in New York pretends to not know anything about the person that the world adventurer is looking for?
(a) Rachel Owlglass.
(b) Margaret Sloane.
(c) Dr. Schoenmaker.
(d) Paoloa Mijstral.
4. Who did Stencil meet that talked to him about the sewers and the rat Veronica?
5. Who is a patient of Dr. Schoenmaker that Rachel pays the bill for?
(a) Paola Malta.
(b) Benny Profane.
(c) Jill Odenbecker.
(d) Esther Harvitz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens during "suck hour" at the bar?
2. What does Pig Bodine tell Benny about the couple Pappy Hod and Paolo?
3. How and where was Stencil shot?
4. Who is Rachel Owlglass?
5. What does the switch on Hugo's body do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rachel have a desire for that all the other members of the Whole Sick Crew appear to lack?
2. What appears to be a problem in Rachel and Benny's relationship?
3. Describe the Sailor's Grave.
4. Describe Waldetar.
5. Describe Lepsius.
6. What is the plan concocted by the two men outside the wine shop and what does Gaucho propose?
7. What is the disturbing discovery that Profane makes about Fina?
8. What is Benny's new job at the end of Chapter 1 and how does he get it?
9. What is Herbert Stencil's purpose?
10. Who is Morris Teflon and what is his role in Chapter 1?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)