|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the rat that the priest describes in his journal as wanting to be a sister?
2. What does Angel do for a living?
(a) He kills people.
(b) He cooks meat.
(c) He dances in Times Square.
(d) He catches alligators in the sewers of New York City.
3. Who is Benny's boss who wishes he was a union organizer?
4. What does Gaucho offer the two men to help them succeed in their plan?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A car.
(c) A key.
(d) Some money.
5. What is the name of the tavern that Benny Profane enters in Norfolk, Virginia on Christmas Eve, 1955?
(a) Butch Cat.
(c) Mermaid Tavern.
(d) Sailor's Grave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is V.'s strange reaction to the riots at the embassy that Evan notices and seems to understand?
2. What is Vheissu?
3. What is the name of the dentist who treats Stencil?
4. Who does Evan Godolphin go to visit in April 1899?
5. Who is Dr. Shale Schoenmaker?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lepsius.
2. What is Herbert Stencil's purpose?
3. Why is Gaucho arrested?
4. What does Hugo Bongo-Shaftsbury talk to Mildred about on the train in Egypt?
5. How does Dr. Schoenmaker view Esther in Chapter 4?
6. What happens to the Birth of Venus painting in Chapter 7?
7. Why does Profane leave his friends?
8. What is Fairing's Parish and how did it get its name?
9. What is the plan concocted by the two men outside the wine shop and what does Gaucho propose?
10. Describe Benny Profane in Chapter 1.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)