|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Benny drink with that gets attracted to him in Chapter 6?
2. What does Pig Bodine tell Benny about the couple Pappy Hod and Paolo?
(a) They were happy together.
(b) They split.
(c) They were arriving.
(d) They were fighting.
3. On the last night before he leaves the Catskills, what does Benny see Rachel doing when he goes to talk to her?
(b) Fighting with her boyfriend.
(c) Talking to her car.
(d) Hurting herself.
4. What is the name of the barmaid who brings Benny Profane a drink at the tavern in Virginia?
5. Why did Victoria part with her father and her sister?
(a) To conduct a secret ceremony.
(b) To meet up with her lover.
(c) Because they discovered her affair with Goodfellow.
(d) To do her duties as a royal spy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Evan Godolphin think of Vheissu?
2. Who does Rachel see sneaking out of the apartment in her coat?
3. Why does Profane leave Angel and the rest of the crew?
4. Who does Angel hit in the clubhouse?
5. How do Benny and Rachel first meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hugo Bongo-Shaftsbury talk to Mildred about on the train in Egypt?
2. Describe Waldetar.
3. What is Fairing's Parish and how did it get its name?
4. Who does Benny meet on the subway and who do they introduce him to?
5. Why does Stencil go to the dentist and what does he discover?
6. Describe Benny Profane in Chapter 1.
7. What is Vheissu?
8. What happens to the Birth of Venus painting in Chapter 7?
9. How did Stencil get wounded in Chapter 5?
10. Who are the two Englishmen at the cafe in Egypt that a waiter overhears talking about Victoria Wren?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)