|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rachel live with in her apartment?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Esther and Paola Majistral.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her cat.
2. What happens during "suck hour" at the bar?
(a) People fight over drinks.
(b) Everyone gets a lollipop.
(c) Sailors can drink from rubber breasts attached to beer taps.
(d) Seamen curl up and sleep.
3. What does Angel's sister offer to Profane that he rejects?
4. What are the two men planning to do that a third man called Gaucho disagrees with?
(a) To enter a cooking competition.
(b) To enter the Ufﬁzi and steal a painting.
(c) To start a war.
(d) To kidnap the wine owner's daughter.
5. What does Angel find in the clubhouse that makes him furious?
(a) A dead cat.
(b) His sister naked on a mattress.
(c) Broken dolls.
(d) A stash of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sir Alistair Wren?
2. Why does Profane leave Angel and the rest of the crew?
3. Where does Waldetar work as a conductor?
4. What is the name of the rat that the priest describes in his journal as wanting to be a sister?
5. How and where was Stencil shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the apathy of the Whole Sick Crew evident in Winsome's behavior?
2. What happens when Benny goes to the ferry and meets Paola?
3. Describe Waldetar.
4. Why does Stencil go to the dentist and what does he discover?
5. Why does Profane leave his friends?
6. What is Benny's new job at the end of Chapter 1 and how does he get it?
7. What is the plan concocted by the two men outside the wine shop and what does Gaucho propose?
8. Describe the Sailor's Grave.
9. Describe Rachel Owlglass.
10. What is the urban legend that Benny Profane actually does?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)