|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heroic Love require according to the record executive's wife?
(a) It requires couples to have sex several times a night in varying positions.
(b) It requires scary feats of human courage.
(c) It requires self-sacrifice.
(d) It requires altruism.
2. Who did Stencil meet that talked to him about the sewers and the rat Veronica?
3. What is the name of the man who has a proclivity for young girls that latches on to Porpentine?
(a) Maxwell Rowley-Bugge.
(b) Benny Profane.
(c) Pig Hood.
(d) Jonas Smith.
4. Who does Benny drink with that gets attracted to him in Chapter 6?
5. Where does Benny find Paola after spending time with the night watchman?
(a) Standing on the beam.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) On the deck.
(d) At the ferry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Profane leave Angel and the rest of the crew?
2. Who is Mildred?
3. Who is the world adventurer looking for?
4. Who in New York pretends to not know anything about the person that the world adventurer is looking for?
5. What does Pig Bodine tell Benny about the couple Pappy Hod and Paolo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Waldetar.
2. Why does Profane leave his friends?
3. Why is Gaucho arrested?
4. What happens when Benny goes to the ferry and meets Paola?
5. What does Hugo Bongo-Shaftsbury talk to Mildred about on the train in Egypt?
6. Describe Lepsius.
7. What does Rachel have a desire for that all the other members of the Whole Sick Crew appear to lack?
8. What is the plan concocted by the two men outside the wine shop and what does Gaucho propose?
9. What is Vheissu?
10. Why does Stencil go to the dentist and what does he discover?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)