|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the barmaid who brings Benny Profane a drink at the tavern in Virginia?
2. By his apparent lack of interest in other women, what does Profane reveal?
(a) His devotion to Rachel.
(b) His solitary nature.
(c) His alcoholism.
(d) His homosexuality.
3. How and where was Stencil shot?
(a) He was hit in the buttock by the shotgun blast.
(b) He was shot in the leg with a rifle.
(c) He was shot in the arm with a tranquilizer.
(d) He was shot in the face with a .45 muzzle.
4. Who is Sir Alistair Wren?
(a) A British spy.
(b) A knighted singer.
(c) A member of English Parliament and father of Victoria Wren.
(d) The British Prime Minister.
5. Who are the Playboys?
(a) A street gang.
(b) A spy group.
(c) Pin-up models.
(d) A military cell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Waldetar work as a conductor?
2. What is the name of the dentist who treats Stencil?
3. Why does Profane leave Angel and the rest of the crew?
4. Who is Alice?
5. What is the name of the man who has a proclivity for young girls that latches on to Porpentine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the two Englishmen at the cafe in Egypt that a waiter overhears talking about Victoria Wren?
2. Why does Rachel go to see Dr. Schoenmaker's profession and why does it upset her?
3. What does Stencil learn about the origin of his quest?
4. Why is Rachel worried about Esther?
5. When Benny is propositioned by Mafia, what does he do and what does it reveal about him?
6. How does Dr. Schoenmaker view Esther in Chapter 4?
7. Why is Rachel disappointed in Benny?
8. What does Hugo Bongo-Shaftsbury talk to Mildred about on the train in Egypt?
9. Why is Fina leaving New York?
10. Who does Benny meet on the subway and who do they introduce him to?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)