|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yusef the anarchist gain access at the consulate party in order to gain information about the British?
(a) He hides in the raft beams.
(b) He breaks the lock.
(c) He dates the ambassador's daughter.
(d) He works the punch table.
2. With whom does Benny attend a New Year's party on a boat?
3. Who does Rachel see sneaking out of the apartment in her coat?
4. What apparently had Paola done by marrying Pappy Hod?
(a) Overcome her alcoholism.
(b) Come to America.
(c) Cheat on her husband.
(d) Fall in love.
5. Who is a patient of Dr. Schoenmaker that Rachel pays the bill for?
(a) Esther Harvitz.
(b) Jill Odenbecker.
(c) Paola Malta.
(d) Benny Profane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the Whole Sick Crew does Rachel sometimes date?
2. Who are the members of the Whole Sick Crew?
3. Who does Benny meet on the subway in New York?
4. What appalling act does Fina do that Profane abhors?
5. Why does Profane leave Angel and the rest of the crew?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the disturbing discovery that Profane makes about Fina?
2. Why is Gaucho arrested?
3. Why does Rachel go to see Dr. Schoenmaker's profession and why does it upset her?
4. Describe Benny Profane in Chapter 1.
5. Describe Victoria in Chapter 7.
6. Who does Benny meet on the subway and who do they introduce him to?
7. Describe the Sailor's Grave.
8. What is the plan concocted by the two men outside the wine shop and what does Gaucho propose?
9. Who is Morris Teflon and what is his role in Chapter 1?
10. Describe Waldetar.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)