|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the world adventurer looking for?
(d) A woman he knows as V.
2. Who are the members of the Whole Sick Crew?
(a) Slab, Raoul, Melvin, Winsome, Charisma, and Fu.
(b) Sloane, Slab, Benny, and Rachel.
(c) Benny, Joon, Rachel, and Paola.
(d) Pig, Benny, Rachel, Mrs. Boor.
3. What does the switch on Hugo's body do?
(a) Feed him.
(b) Power up his machine.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Controls his brain and how he acts.
4. Who calls Benny's name on the loudspeaker at the bus station?
5. Who in New York pretends to not know anything about the person that the world adventurer is looking for?
(a) Margaret Sloane.
(b) Rachel Owlglass.
(c) Dr. Schoenmaker.
(d) Paoloa Mijstral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vheissu?
2. What is the name of the pilot who needed facial reconstruction?
3. By his apparent lack of interest in other women, what does Profane reveal?
4. What does Pig Bodine tell Benny about the couple Pappy Hod and Paolo?
5. What happens during "suck hour" at the bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Waldetar.
2. Why is Gaucho arrested?
3. Who are the two Englishmen at the cafe in Egypt that a waiter overhears talking about Victoria Wren?
4. What is Fairing's Parish and how did it get its name?
5. How did Stencil get wounded in Chapter 5?
6. Describe Rachel Owlglass.
7. What is the disturbing discovery that Profane makes about Fina?
8. What happens when Benny goes to the ferry and meets Paola?
9. How does Dr. Schoenmaker view Esther in Chapter 4?
10. How is the apathy of the Whole Sick Crew evident in Winsome's behavior?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)