|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Benny drink with that gets attracted to him in Chapter 6?
2. How does Yusef the anarchist gain access at the consulate party in order to gain information about the British?
(a) He dates the ambassador's daughter.
(b) He hides in the raft beams.
(c) He breaks the lock.
(d) He works the punch table.
3. Where does Waldetar work as a conductor?
(a) The Alexandria and Cairo express train.
(b) The Egyptian opera.
(c) The British Philharmonic society.
(d) The Siberian railroad.
4. Who does Evan Godolphin go to visit in April 1899?
(a) His mother, V.
(b) His friend, Joseph Profane.
(c) His seaman, Stencil.
(d) His father, Captain Hugh.
5. When Benny goes down to the ship's deck to warm up, what does he play with the night watchman?
(a) A game of cat and mouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mildred?
2. Who is the world adventurer at the party that Rachel attends?
3. Who is Fina?
4. What apparently had Paola done by marrying Pappy Hod?
5. What is the name of the dentist who treats Stencil?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about V. in Chapter 3?
2. What is Herbert Stencil's purpose?
3. What is Fairing's Parish and how did it get its name?
4. How does Dr. Schoenmaker view Esther in Chapter 4?
5. Why does Esther fall in love with her plastic surgeon?
6. What is the disturbing discovery that Profane makes about Fina?
7. What does Rachel have a desire for that all the other members of the Whole Sick Crew appear to lack?
8. Who does Benny meet on the subway and who do they introduce him to?
9. What is Benny's new job at the end of Chapter 1 and how does he get it?
10. What is the urban legend that Benny Profane actually does?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)