|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Fina?
(a) The sister of Tolito, Jose, and Kook.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A child on the subway.
(d) A chess player.
2. When Captain Hugh leaves Victoria's room, who does he see in a florist shop outside?
(c) Signor Mantissa.
3. What does Rachel Owlglass do for a living in New York City?
(a) She is a dentist.
(b) She is an accountant.
(c) She is a receptionist at a law firm.
(d) She is an interviewer at an employment ﬁrm.
4. What is the name of the owner of the bar in Norfolk, Virginia?
(a) Pappy Hod.
(d) Mrs. Boffo.
5. Where does Waldetar work as a conductor?
(a) The Siberian railroad.
(b) The Egyptian opera.
(c) The British Philharmonic society.
(d) The Alexandria and Cairo express train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens during "suck hour" at the bar?
2. How do Benny and Rachel first meet?
3. Who did Stencil meet that talked to him about the sewers and the rat Veronica?
4. What does Rachel say that Stencil wrote in his note?
5. What is the name of the dentist who treats Stencil?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Stencil get wounded in Chapter 5?
2. How is the apathy of the Whole Sick Crew evident in Winsome's behavior?
3. Who are the two Englishmen at the cafe in Egypt that a waiter overhears talking about Victoria Wren?
4. Why does Stencil go to the dentist and what does he discover?
5. Describe Victoria in Chapter 7.
6. Describe Benny Profane in Chapter 1.
7. Why does Profane leave his friends?
8. What is Vheissu?
9. What happens to the Birth of Venus painting in Chapter 7?
10. What is the disturbing discovery that Profane makes about Fina?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)