|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Benny give Paola at the bus station?
(a) Rachel's address.
(b) A love letter.
(c) A hug.
2. What is the painting that Gaucho is looking at when he is caught?
(a) The Drinker.
(b) The Scream.
(c) Birth of Venus.
(d) The Night Watchman.
3. What did the priest who tried to convert rats to Catholicism in New York City believe?
(a) He believes the rats would one day inherit the earth from humans.
(b) He believes in revenge.
(c) He believes in the Anti-Christ.
(d) He believes in satire.
4. What is the name of the record executive?
5. What appalling act does Fina do that Profane abhors?
(a) Offers herself to an entire gang.
(b) Commits suicide.
(d) Shoots heroin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a cafe in Egypt, what does the waiter P. Aieul hear two Englishmen talk about?
2. What does Angel's sister offer to Profane that he rejects?
3. What collapses on Evan as he tries to leave the building?
4. What is Vheissu?
5. What is the name of the dentist who treats Stencil?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about V. in Chapter 3?
2. What is the urban legend that Benny Profane actually does?
3. What is Herbert Stencil's purpose?
4. What is the last incarnation of V. in the book?
5. What is Godolphin's point of contention against V.'s argument for Vheissu?
6. When Fausto changes his personality, what is the role that he assumes?
7. Why does Esther have trouble in her relationship with the plastic surgeon?
8. What is the plan concocted by the two men outside the wine shop and what does Gaucho propose?
9. How does V. appear in Chapter 9 and what does this say about her or her role?
10. How is Benny Profane's "yo-yo" behavior different from that of the Whole Sick Crew?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)