|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What collapses on Evan as he tries to leave the building?
(a) The door.
(b) His lungs.
(d) The box.
2. What happens when Paola and Profane have sex?
(a) Paola's husband arrives and kicks them out.
(b) They cannot do it.
(c) Profane starts crying.
(d) They are interrupted by Teflon and his camera.
3. Who is Goodfellow?
(a) Her father's code name.
(b) A British spy.
(c) An Englishman that Victoria is secretly having an affair with.
(d) An English wrestler living in Egypt.
4. What happens during "suck hour" at the bar?
(a) Sailors can drink from rubber breasts attached to beer taps.
(b) Seamen curl up and sleep.
(c) Everyone gets a lollipop.
(d) People fight over drinks.
5. What does Angel's sister offer to Profane that he rejects?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the police arrive at the bar, where do Profane, Pig and Paola flee to?
2. What is the name of the tavern that Benny Profane enters in Norfolk, Virginia on Christmas Eve, 1955?
3. What is a strange habit of the seaman who Benny recognizes in the bar from the Navy?
4. Who is Sir Alistair Wren?
5. In a cafe in Egypt, what does the waiter P. Aieul hear two Englishmen talk about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What appears to be a problem in Rachel and Benny's relationship?
2. What is Vheissu?
3. What is Herbert Stencil's purpose?
4. Who does Benny meet on the subway and who do they introduce him to?
5. Describe Lepsius.
6. Why does Stencil go to the dentist and what does he discover?
7. Who are the two Englishmen at the cafe in Egypt that a waiter overhears talking about Victoria Wren?
8. Why does Esther fall in love with her plastic surgeon?
9. What is the plan concocted by the two men outside the wine shop and what does Gaucho propose?
10. What does Rachel have a desire for that all the other members of the Whole Sick Crew appear to lack?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)