|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Evan arrives at his father's door, what does he find?
(a) A box.
(b) A key.
(c) A note that only says his name.
(d) A photograph.
2. Who calls Benny's name on the loudspeaker at the bus station?
3. Who does Rachel live with in her apartment?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her cat.
(d) Esther and Paola Majistral.
4. What is Lepsius wearing at the party?
(a) A carmelian rose.
(b) A cravat.
(c) A gun holster.
(d) Blue-tinted eyeglasses.
5. Who does the Whole Sick Crew listen to at a jazz bar in Chapter 2?
(a) Dr. Schoenmaker.
(b) McClintic Sphere.
(c) Paola Mijstral.
(d) Rachel Owglass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vheissu?
2. Where does Stencil link V. to a conspiracy?
3. What is the name of the rat that the priest describes in his journal as wanting to be a sister?
4. What does Heroic Love require according to the record executive's wife?
5. Who is Rachel Owlglass?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Victoria in Chapter 7.
2. What does Rachel have a desire for that all the other members of the Whole Sick Crew appear to lack?
3. How does Dr. Schoenmaker view Esther in Chapter 4?
4. Why does Rachel go to see Dr. Schoenmaker's profession and why does it upset her?
5. What is Fairing's Parish and how did it get its name?
6. Why does Profane leave his friends?
7. Describe Waldetar.
8. What does Hugo Bongo-Shaftsbury talk to Mildred about on the train in Egypt?
9. How is the apathy of the Whole Sick Crew evident in Winsome's behavior?
10. What is Benny's new job at the end of Chapter 1 and how does he get it?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)