|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the two men who are drinking in front of a wine shop in Chapter 7?
(a) Mafia and Winsome.
(b) Profane and Pig.
(c) Evan and Hood.
(d) Signor Mantissa and Cesare.
2. What does the switch on Hugo's body do?
(a) Power up his machine.
(b) Feed him.
(c) Controls his brain and how he acts.
(d) Kill him.
3. What does Paola offer that Fina does not for Profane?
(c) A deeper connection.
4. Who tells V. about Vheissu?
(a) Sir Wren.
(d) Captain Hugh.
5. When Benny goes down to the ship's deck to warm up, what does he play with the night watchman?
(a) A game of cat and mouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two men planning to do that a third man called Gaucho disagrees with?
2. Who is Benny's boss who wishes he was a union organizer?
3. Where does Stencil link V. to a conspiracy?
4. Who is Porpentine?
5. What is the name of the man who has a proclivity for young girls that latches on to Porpentine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Morris Teflon and what is his role in Chapter 1?
2. How does Dr. Schoenmaker view Esther in Chapter 4?
3. What is the disturbing discovery that Profane makes about Fina?
4. What is Fairing's Parish and how did it get its name?
5. Describe Benny Profane in Chapter 1.
6. What happens when Benny goes to the ferry and meets Paola?
7. What is the plan concocted by the two men outside the wine shop and what does Gaucho propose?
8. Why is Gaucho arrested?
9. What is Herbert Stencil's purpose?
10. Why does Profane leave his friends?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)