|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angel find in the clubhouse that makes him furious?
(a) A dead cat.
(b) His sister naked on a mattress.
(c) Broken dolls.
(d) A stash of money.
2. Who does Waldetar see crying?
(a) Victoria Wren.
(d) Mildred Wren.
3. What is the painting that Gaucho is looking at when he is caught?
(a) The Drinker.
(b) The Night Watchman.
(c) The Scream.
(d) Birth of Venus.
4. Who are the Playboys?
(a) A street gang.
(b) A spy group.
(c) Pin-up models.
(d) A military cell.
5. Who in New York pretends to not know anything about the person that the world adventurer is looking for?
(a) Paoloa Mijstral.
(b) Margaret Sloane.
(c) Rachel Owlglass.
(d) Dr. Schoenmaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heroic Love require according to the record executive's wife?
2. When Benny chases after an alligator alone, what is the area that he enters?
3. When Profane stays at Pig's apartment, what does he wake up to see one night?
4. What are the two men planning to do that a third man called Gaucho disagrees with?
5. What is a strange habit of the seaman who Benny recognizes in the bar from the Navy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about V. in Chapter 3?
2. Why does Profane leave his friends?
3. What appears to be a problem in Rachel and Benny's relationship?
4. Describe Rachel Owlglass.
5. Who is Morris Teflon and what is his role in Chapter 1?
6. Who are the two Englishmen at the cafe in Egypt that a waiter overhears talking about Victoria Wren?
7. Describe Victoria in Chapter 7.
8. Why does Rachel go to see Dr. Schoenmaker's profession and why does it upset her?
9. Why does Esther fall in love with her plastic surgeon?
10. Why is Gaucho arrested?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)