|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is a patient of Dr. Schoenmaker that Rachel pays the bill for?
(a) Benny Profane.
(b) Jill Odenbecker.
(c) Esther Harvitz.
(d) Paola Malta.
2. Who does Benny drink with that gets attracted to him in Chapter 6?
3. Where does Benny find Paola after spending time with the night watchman?
(a) Standing on the beam.
(b) At the ferry.
(c) On the deck.
(d) In the bathroom.
4. Who are the Playboys?
(a) A spy group.
(b) A military cell.
(c) Pin-up models.
(d) A street gang.
5. What does Gaucho offer the two men to help them succeed in their plan?
(a) Some money.
(b) A key.
(c) A car.
(d) A bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alice?
2. Why does Profane leave Angel and the rest of the crew?
3. Who does Benny meet on the subway in New York?
4. What is the name of the record executive's wife?
5. What does Rachel drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Fairing's Parish and how did it get its name?
2. Why is Gaucho arrested?
3. Describe Lepsius.
4. What appears to be a problem in Rachel and Benny's relationship?
5. What happens to the Birth of Venus painting in Chapter 7?
6. Why does Esther fall in love with her plastic surgeon?
7. What is the plan concocted by the two men outside the wine shop and what does Gaucho propose?
8. Describe Rachel Owlglass.
9. Why does Rachel go to see Dr. Schoenmaker's profession and why does it upset her?
10. What is Herbert Stencil's purpose?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)