|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Benny meet on the subway in New York?
(a) A hungry child.
(b) A waif.
(c) Tolito, Jose and Kook.
(d) A crazy hobo.
2. Who is Goodfellow?
(a) An Englishman that Victoria is secretly having an affair with.
(b) Her father's code name.
(c) An English wrestler living in Egypt.
(d) A British spy.
3. What appalling act does Fina do that Profane abhors?
(a) Commits suicide.
(b) Shoots heroin.
(c) Offers herself to an entire gang.
4. Who is the world adventurer at the party that Rachel attends?
5. In a cafe in Egypt, what does the waiter P. Aieul hear two Englishmen talk about?
(a) A coming thunderstorm.
(b) A war.
(c) A party at the consulate that night.
(d) A dance they do not want to miss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Benny find Paola after spending time with the night watchman?
2. Who are the Playboys?
3. Who does Rachel see sneaking out of the apartment in her coat?
4. With whom does Benny attend a New Year's party on a boat?
5. What is the name of the barmaid who brings Benny Profane a drink at the tavern in Virginia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lepsius.
2. Describe Victoria in Chapter 7.
3. What happens to the Birth of Venus painting in Chapter 7?
4. How did Stencil get wounded in Chapter 5?
5. How is the apathy of the Whole Sick Crew evident in Winsome's behavior?
6. Why does Rachel go to see Dr. Schoenmaker's profession and why does it upset her?
7. Why is Gaucho arrested?
8. What is Fairing's Parish and how did it get its name?
9. How does Dr. Schoenmaker view Esther in Chapter 4?
10. Who are the two Englishmen at the cafe in Egypt that a waiter overhears talking about Victoria Wren?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)