|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Profane leave Angel and the rest of the crew?
(a) Without work, he feels there is no longer a reason to stay with them.
(b) He is scared of them.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He is angry.
2. Who are the Playboys?
(a) Pin-up models.
(b) A military cell.
(c) A street gang.
(d) A spy group.
3. Who is Alice?
(a) The daughter of the ambassador.
(b) The missing child of Sir Wren.
(c) A young girl who Maxwell once loved that Victoria reminds him of.
(d) A British opera singer.
4. When the police arrive at the bar, where do Profane, Pig and Paola flee to?
(a) They go to an apartment of another sailor, Morris Teﬂon.
(b) They go to the boat.
(c) They climb up the fire escape.
(d) They run away to Greece.
5. Where does Waldetar work as a conductor?
(a) The Alexandria and Cairo express train.
(b) The Siberian railroad.
(c) The British Philharmonic society.
(d) The Egyptian opera.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benny give Paola at the bus station?
2. When Profane stays at Pig's apartment, what does he wake up to see one night?
3. Who does Benny drink with that gets attracted to him in Chapter 6?
4. What is Lepsius wearing at the party?
5. What does Evan Godolphin think of Vheissu?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Schoenmaker view Esther in Chapter 4?
2. Why does Stencil go to the dentist and what does he discover?
3. Describe the Sailor's Grave.
4. Describe Rachel Owlglass.
5. What is Fairing's Parish and how did it get its name?
6. Describe Benny Profane in Chapter 1.
7. What appears to be a problem in Rachel and Benny's relationship?
8. Describe Waldetar.
9. Why is Gaucho arrested?
10. Why does Rachel go to see Dr. Schoenmaker's profession and why does it upset her?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)