Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Whole Sick Crew listen to at a jazz bar in Chapter 2?
(a) Rachel Owglass.
(b) McClintic Sphere.
(c) Dr. Schoenmaker.
(d) Paola Mijstral.
2. What is the name of the pilot who needed facial reconstruction?
(a) Dr. Schoenmaker.
(c) Evan Godolphin.
3. What are Mantissa, Cesare, and the Gaucho about to do when Mantissa has a change of heart, forcing them all to flee?
(a) Shoot the rioters.
(b) Steal the painting of the Birth of Venus.
(c) Break into the Venezuelan embassy.
(d) Kidnap V.
4. What are the names of the two men who are drinking in front of a wine shop in Chapter 7?
(a) Profane and Pig.
(b) Evan and Hood.
(c) Signor Mantissa and Cesare.
(d) Mafia and Winsome.
5. When Benny chases after an alligator alone, what is the area that he enters?
(a) Staten Island.
(b) Fairing's Parish.
(d) New York subway system.
Short Answer Questions
1. What appalling act does Fina do that Profane abhors?
2. What is the name of Angel's friend who works with him?
3. Where does Benny find Paola after spending time with the night watchman?
4. Who is a patient of Dr. Schoenmaker that Rachel pays the bill for?
5. What does Angel's sister offer to Profane that he rejects?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Fairing's Parish and how did it get its name?
2. Who does Benny meet on the subway and who do they introduce him to?
3. What is Paola's relationship with men in Chapter 8?
4. Why does Esther fall in love with her plastic surgeon?
5. Why is Rachel worried about Esther?
6. When Benny is propositioned by Mafia, what does he do and what does it reveal about him?
7. Why does Stencil go to the dentist and what does he discover?
8. Why is Gaucho arrested?
9. How did Stencil get wounded in Chapter 5?
10. What does the reader learn about V. in Chapter 3?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)