|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the rat that the priest describes in his journal as wanting to be a sister?
2. What does Rachel do that Benny is afraid of?
(d) Drive recklessly.
3. What is the name of the record executive's wife?
4. What appalling act does Fina do that Profane abhors?
(b) Commits suicide.
(c) Offers herself to an entire gang.
(d) Shoots heroin.
5. Who does Waldetar see crying?
(c) Victoria Wren.
(d) Mildred Wren.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heroic Love require according to the record executive's wife?
2. Who is Esther's lover?
3. Who does the Whole Sick Crew listen to at a jazz bar in Chapter 2?
4. What is the painting that Gaucho is looking at when he is caught?
5. Who calls Benny's name on the loudspeaker at the bus station?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Sailor's Grave.
2. What happens to V. in Paris?
3. How does fate appear to intervene in the life of Benny Profane in Chapter 8?
4. How does V. appear in Chapter 9 and what does this say about her or her role?
5. How is the apathy of the Whole Sick Crew evident in Winsome's behavior?
6. Describe Victoria in Chapter 7.
7. Who are the two Englishmen at the cafe in Egypt that a waiter overhears talking about Victoria Wren?
8. What is Vheissu?
9. What happens when Benny goes to the ferry and meets Paola?
10. When Fausto changes his personality, what is the role that he assumes?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)