|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the synthetic human machines that Benny watches over?
(a) Pig and Paola.
(b) Tommy and Theresa.
(c) SHOCK and SHROUD.
(d) Gunther and Greta.
2. Who goes to the airport to stop Esther from leaving in Chapter 12?
(a) Benny and Rachel.
(b) Pig Bodine and Benny.
(c) Mafia and Paola.
(d) Winsome and Slab.
3. Where does Benny Profane work as a guard?
(b) Anthroresearch Associates.
(c) Underwater Research.
(d) Scientific One.
4. How does Fausto Maijstral refer to himself after the birth of his child and the beginning of war?
(a) Fausto II.
5. Who could not attend the party because of a fight with a partner in Chapter 12?
6. Who is a ballerina in Paris in 1913?
(a) Esther Hayes.
(b) Rachel Owlglass.
(c) Mélanie l'Heuremaudi.
(d) Paola Mijstral.
7. Who guesses that Esther could be pregnant?
(c) Pig Bodine.
8. Who is dressed as a woman and steals the transmissions in Chapter 9?
(a) The lieutenant.
9. What does Wijk fear that Abraham Morris will do?
(a) Kidnap his friends.
(b) Steal his diamonds.
(c) Destroy his antennas.
(d) Raid his farm.
10. Where does Kurt Mondaugen work?
(a) Futuristic Records.
(b) Owl Tavern.
(c) Space/Time Employment Agency.
(d) Yoyodyne Inc.
11. Who is Williem van Wijk?
(a) An engineering student.
(b) A diamond merchant.
(c) A German colonist.
(d) V.'s brother.
12. What is the horrible accident that happens to the ballerina on stage in Chapter 14?
(a) She is impaled on a wooden stake.
(b) An elephant lands on her, crushing her instantly.
(c) She falls down to her death.
(d) She is poisoned.
13. In his letter, what does Fausto Maijstral say about himself?
(a) How he changed from being young and idealistic to bitter and realistic after the birth of his child.
(b) How sad he is.
(c) How confused he is.
(d) How brilliant he is.
14. What is the name of Fausto Maijstral's dead wife?
15. Who stops Winsome from killing himself at Rachel's apartment?
(b) Pig Bodine.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the war, what does Fausto's wife do?
2. When Mondaugen is looking for a power source for his antennas, what or who does he find in the basement of the expatriate's house?
3. While Profane thinks he is settled in his job, what happens that changes everything in Chapter 13?
4. Where do the police take Winsome after he jumps from the first floor into their net?
5. While Esther tries to run to the plane, who gets in a fight at the airport?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)