|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the people at the musician's home who are looking at a painting of a cheese danish and a tree?
(a) John, Jacob, and Mary.
(b) Eigenvalue, Scholom, and Tom.
(c) Ruby, Slab, and Esther.
(d) Benny, Paola, and Pig.
2. When Mondaugen was in Africa, what was the project he worked on?
(a) An environmental hazard program.
(b) A diamond extraction program.
(c) A secret government operative.
(d) A project involving atmospheric radio disturbances.
3. What is the name of the expatriate that Mondaugen visits to give news of the war?
4. What did the Bad Priest do that infuriates Fausto Maijstral?
(a) He convinced Elena to become a nun.
(b) He kills Elena.
(c) He marries Elena.
(d) He steals Fausto Maijstral's child.
5. Who stops Winsome from killing himself at Rachel's apartment?
(c) Pig Bodine.
6. What is the name of Fausto Maijstral's dead wife?
7. Who tells Rachel and Profane that the dentist was robbed in Chapter 14?
(b) The dentist.
8. What does Winsome fear that Mafia is doing that he tells Rachel?
(b) Sleeping around.
(c) Stealing money.
(d) Killing people.
9. What does Profane and a talking machine compare the stack of junk cars at the dump to?
(a) Mass destruction.
(b) The bodies of Jews at the concentration camps after World War II.
(c) Children's toys.
(d) A pile of cookies.
10. When the police arrive at Winsome's apartment, who do they arrest?
(a) Benny and Rachel.
(b) Maﬁa, Charisma, Fu and their friends.
(c) Slab and Hood.
11. When Mondaugen feels sick, what does Gondolphin think he has?
(b) Yellow fever.
12. To whom does Fausto Maijstral write a letter in Chapter 11?
13. Who does Rachel want to know is in her apartment?
14. Where does Benny get a job?
(a) Barmaid's Home.
(b) Half-Street Lounge.
(c) An accountant's firm.
(d) Space/Time Employment Agency.
15. What does Wijk fear that Abraham Morris will do?
(a) Destroy his antennas.
(b) Steal his diamonds.
(c) Raid his farm.
(d) Kidnap his friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the horrible accident that happens to the ballerina on stage in Chapter 14?
2. Who is dressed as a woman and steals the transmissions in Chapter 9?
3. What is V's fear about the ballerina?
4. What kind of building is Fausto Maijstral in that he describes in his letter?
5. During the war, what does Fausto's wife do?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)