|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Stencil and Profane break into Eigenvalue's ofﬁce, what do they steal?
(b) False teeth.
2. Why is Stencil afraid of going to Malta?
(a) He hates the sun.
(b) He has bad dreams about the place.
(c) He is afraid of traveling by boat.
(d) His father died there and he may find V.
3. Who is dressed as a woman and steals the transmissions in Chapter 9?
(b) The lieutenant.
4. What does Rachel tell Profane that he must convince Esther to do or not do?
(a) To not drive.
(b) To not have an abortion.
(c) To not travel with Benny.
(d) To not have a child.
5. What is V's fear about the ballerina?
(a) That she will get caught up in fame and forget her.
(b) That she will lose her strength.
(c) That she will become conceited.
(d) That her feet will give out.
6. Who stops Winsome from killing himself at Rachel's apartment?
(c) Pig Bodine.
7. Who is talking to Rachel in a bar and confesses feelings for Paola in Chapter 10?
8. When Winsome comes back to his apartment, who does he find his wife is talking to?
(a) Mildred Wren.
(b) Rachel Owlglass.
(c) Pig Bodine.
(d) Benny Profane.
9. After Profane loses his job, what does he become a full member of?
(a) Amputatees Anonymous.
(b) Whole Sick Crew.
(d) New York City Public Park Volunteers.
10. Who is a ballerina in Paris in 1913?
(a) Paola Mijstral.
(b) Mélanie l'Heuremaudi.
(c) Rachel Owlglass.
(d) Esther Hayes.
11. Who does the dentist introduce Stencil to in Chapter 8?
(b) Bloody Chiclitz.
(c) His wife.
12. What does Profane and a talking machine compare the stack of junk cars at the dump to?
(a) Children's toys.
(b) Mass destruction.
(c) A pile of cookies.
(d) The bodies of Jews at the concentration camps after World War II.
13. When the Whole Sick Crew has a party, who does Winsome and Pig Bodine get in a ﬁght over?
(a) Pig's drinking.
(d) Winsome's money habits.
14. Who is the musician and singer, has just ﬁnished his last set at a club in Chapter 10?
(b) Benny Profane.
(c) Jason Priestley.
(d) McClintic Sphere.
15. To whom does Fausto Maijstral write a letter in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pig gets involved with an airline stewardess, what does he run out of?
2. Where is the Whole Sick Crew at a party in Chapter 12?
3. When the police arrive at Winsome's apartment, who do they arrest?
4. What is the name of the expatriate that Mondaugen visits to give news of the war?
5. How does Fausto Maijstral refer to himself after the birth of his child and the beginning of war?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)