|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Winsome comes back to his apartment, who does he find his wife is talking to?
(a) Benny Profane.
(b) Pig Bodine.
(c) Mildred Wren.
(d) Rachel Owlglass.
2. What does Pig see by the antenna by the platform of the ship where Profane was working?
(a) A ghost.
(b) Hamburger meat that was now cooked.
(c) A gang member.
(d) A dead body.
3. When Mondaugen is looking for a power source for his antennas, what or who does he find in the basement of the expatriate's house?
(a) A native who has been whipped.
(b) A fridge full of marijuana.
(c) A chest full of diamonds.
(d) A stash of money.
4. Who is Williem van Wijk?
(a) A German colonist.
(b) V.'s brother.
(c) An engineering student.
(d) A diamond merchant.
5. Who does Stencil tell Profane loves him in Chapter 13?
6. Who works at Benny's place of employment?
7. When Winsome is at Rachel's apartment, what does he say to Rachel?
(a) He killed his wife.
(b) He lists the reasons why each of the Crew is sick and does not live up to their potential.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He is very angry at Benny.
8. Who travels to Malta in Chapter 13?
(a) Paola, Rachel, and Stencil.
(b) Profane, Paola, and Benny.
(c) Profane, Paola and Stencil.
(d) Stencil, Paola, and Benny.
9. Who stops Winsome from killing himself at Rachel's apartment?
(c) Pig Bodine.
10. What kind of closure does Benny have about his previous life in New York City?
(a) All the members are dead.
(b) A priest confesses him.
(c) He sees Fina who is leaving because her brother found out about her activiities with the gang and he is glad that life is over.
(d) He does not have any and is filled with regret.
11. Who go to a party in Washington D.C. for the weekend in Chapter 14?
(a) Paola and Pig.
(b) Rachel and Mafia.
(c) Stencil, Profane and Pig Bodine.
(d) Profane and Paola.
12. While Profane thinks he is settled in his job, what happens that changes everything in Chapter 13?
(a) He misses his alarm and is fired from his job.
(b) His company goes bankrupt.
(c) He falls sick.
(d) His pay is cut down to a third.
13. What is "yo-yo-ing" practiced by the Whole Sick Crew in Chapter 10?
(a) Committing and leaving back and forth.
(b) Being honest and then lying and back and forth.
(c) Riding subway trains back and forth while drunk.
(d) Dancing naked.
14. What kind of building is Fausto Maijstral in that he describes in his letter?
(a) One that houses dead people.
(b) One with seven stories.
(c) One that sells cars.
(d) One that was bombed during World War I.
15. What kind of relationship does the mysterious woman and the ballerina develop soon after their meeting in Chapter 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the police arrive at Winsome's apartment, who do they arrest?
2. Who does Rachel want to know is in her apartment?
3. Who is the German woman with a fake eye that Mondaugen meets?
4. Who are the people at the musician's home who are looking at a painting of a cheese danish and a tree?
5. Who is suffering from stomach pains in Chapter 10?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)