|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the airport, who is leaving for Puerto Rico in Chapter 12?
2. While Esther tries to run to the plane, who gets in a fight at the airport?
(a) Benny and Paola.
(b) Rachel and Slab.
(c) Winsome and Mafia.
(d) Pig and Benny.
3. What does Shale Schoenmaker want to do that makes Esther angry and leave?
(a) He leaves the country.
(b) He dates someone else.
(c) He proposes that he do more plastic surgery on her.
(d) He cheats on her.
4. Who is the German woman with a fake eye that Mondaugen meets?
(a) Esther Franz.
(b) Vera Meroving.
(c) Gertrude Stein.
(d) Mia Spangenburg.
5. What does the mysterious woman who talks to the ballerina tell her about her future?
(a) That she will die soon.
(b) That she will fall in love and marry a rich man.
(c) That she will travel the world on a boat.
(d) That she will drive Paris mad.
6. Who is a ballerina in Paris in 1913?
(a) Paola Mijstral.
(b) Mélanie l'Heuremaudi.
(c) Esther Hayes.
(d) Rachel Owlglass.
7. Who works at Benny's place of employment?
8. Who tries to have sex with Paola but she refuses in Chapter 13?
(c) Pig Bodine.
9. What is the name of Fausto Maijstral's dead wife?
10. When Mondaugen is looking for a power source for his antennas, what or who does he find in the basement of the expatriate's house?
(a) A stash of money.
(b) A chest full of diamonds.
(c) A fridge full of marijuana.
(d) A native who has been whipped.
11. How does Fausto Maijstral refer to himself after the birth of his child and the beginning of war?
(d) Fausto II.
12. What kind of relationship does the mysterious woman and the ballerina develop soon after their meeting in Chapter 14?
13. When the Whole Sick Crew has a party, who does Winsome and Pig Bodine get in a ﬁght over?
(a) Winsome's money habits.
(d) Pig's drinking.
14. Why is Rachel angry at Slab in Chapter 12?
(a) Because he left her for Esther.
(b) Because he would let Esther just leave like that.
(c) Because he fights with Pig Bodine over her.
(d) Because he can be bribed.
15. When the police arrive at Winsome's apartment, who do they arrest?
(a) Benny and Rachel.
(b) Maﬁa, Charisma, Fu and their friends.
(c) Slab and Hood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of building is Fausto Maijstral in that he describes in his letter?
2. Who acts like a mother towards Esther, concerned about her welfare and her decisions in Chapter 12?
3. Who guesses that Esther could be pregnant?
4. When Winsome comes back to his apartment, who does he find his wife is talking to?
5. What is the horrible accident that happens to the ballerina on stage in Chapter 14?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)