|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mondaugen was in Africa, what was the project he worked on?
(a) A secret government operative.
(b) A diamond extraction program.
(c) A project involving atmospheric radio disturbances.
(d) An environmental hazard program.
2. Who could not attend the party because of a fight with a partner in Chapter 12?
3. Where do the police take Winsome after he jumps from the first floor into their net?
(a) His wife's trial.
(b) Mental hospital.
(c) Drug rehabilitation center.
4. What does Wijk fear that Abraham Morris will do?
(a) Destroy his antennas.
(b) Raid his farm.
(c) Kidnap his friends.
(d) Steal his diamonds.
5. Who makes love in the garage in Chapter 12?
(a) Esther and Slab.
(b) Paola and Pig.
(c) Hood and Esther.
(d) Rachel and Benny.
6. Who is Williem van Wijk?
(a) A German colonist.
(b) V.'s brother.
(c) A diamond merchant.
(d) An engineering student.
7. Why is Stencil afraid of going to Malta?
(a) His father died there and he may find V.
(b) He is afraid of traveling by boat.
(c) He hates the sun.
(d) He has bad dreams about the place.
8. What kind of closure does Benny have about his previous life in New York City?
(a) All the members are dead.
(b) A priest confesses him.
(c) He does not have any and is filled with regret.
(d) He sees Fina who is leaving because her brother found out about her activiities with the gang and he is glad that life is over.
9. What does Rachel say that Profane is too wrapped up in that will prevent him from truly loving a woman?
(d) The idea of himself as a schlemihl.
10. What does Rachel tell Profane that he must convince Esther to do or not do?
(a) To not have a child.
(b) To not have an abortion.
(c) To not drive.
(d) To not travel with Benny.
11. How does Fausto Maijstral refer to himself after the birth of his child and the beginning of war?
(b) Fausto II.
12. Who tries to have sex with Paola but she refuses in Chapter 13?
(b) Pig Bodine.
13. Where is the Whole Sick Crew at a party in Chapter 12?
(a) Tea room.
(b) Raoul, Slab, and Melvin's place.
(c) Salon on North Street.
(d) Winchester's pub.
14. Who are the people at the musician's home who are looking at a painting of a cheese danish and a tree?
(a) Eigenvalue, Scholom, and Tom.
(b) John, Jacob, and Mary.
(c) Ruby, Slab, and Esther.
(d) Benny, Paola, and Pig.
15. Where does Benny get a job?
(a) Barmaid's Home.
(b) An accountant's firm.
(c) Half-Street Lounge.
(d) Space/Time Employment Agency.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who guesses that Esther could be pregnant?
2. What is the name of the expatriate that Mondaugen visits to give news of the war?
3. After Profane loses his job, what does he become a full member of?
4. When Stencil and Profane break into Eigenvalue's ofﬁce, what do they steal?
5. When Kurt Mondaugen is stopped by a lieutenant in Chapter 9, what does the lieutenant think Mondaugen is up to?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)