|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stencil tell Profane loves him in Chapter 13?
2. Why does Benny want to get a job in Chapter 8?
(a) To get revenge.
(b) To meet women.
(c) To buy food.
(d) To save money.
3. Who is the German woman with a fake eye that Mondaugen meets?
(a) Gertrude Stein.
(b) Vera Meroving.
(c) Mia Spangenburg.
(d) Esther Franz.
4. What does Shale Schoenmaker want to do that makes Esther angry and leave?
(a) He proposes that he do more plastic surgery on her.
(b) He dates someone else.
(c) He cheats on her.
(d) He leaves the country.
5. To whom does Fausto Maijstral write a letter in Chapter 11?
6. What is the horrible accident that happens to the ballerina on stage in Chapter 14?
(a) She is poisoned.
(b) She is impaled on a wooden stake.
(c) An elephant lands on her, crushing her instantly.
(d) She falls down to her death.
7. Why is Stencil afraid of going to Malta?
(a) His father died there and he may find V.
(b) He hates the sun.
(c) He has bad dreams about the place.
(d) He is afraid of traveling by boat.
8. What is V's fear about the ballerina?
(a) That her feet will give out.
(b) That she will get caught up in fame and forget her.
(c) That she will lose her strength.
(d) That she will become conceited.
9. What is the name of Fausto Maijstral's dead wife?
10. When Kurt Mondaugen is stopped by a lieutenant in Chapter 9, what does the lieutenant think Mondaugen is up to?
(a) He is kidnapping the president's child.
(b) He is stealing from the governor.
(c) He is spying for the English.
(d) He is planting a bomb.
11. Who is Williem van Wijk?
(a) V.'s brother.
(b) A diamond merchant.
(c) An engineering student.
(d) A German colonist.
12. When Foppl was in the army, what happened in 1904?
(a) An earthquake devastated the area.
(b) The military took over the government.
(c) A great rebellion broke out.
(d) Suicide bombers landed in the city.
13. Who makes love in the garage in Chapter 12?
(a) Rachel and Benny.
(b) Hood and Esther.
(c) Paola and Pig.
(d) Esther and Slab.
14. When Mondaugen feels sick, what does Gondolphin think he has?
(b) Yellow fever.
15. Who does the dentist introduce Stencil to in Chapter 8?
(b) His wife.
(c) Bloody Chiclitz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rachel want to know is in her apartment?
2. Where do the police take Winsome after he jumps from the first floor into their net?
3. What kind of building is Fausto Maijstral in that he describes in his letter?
4. What is the name of the expatriate that Mondaugen visits to give news of the war?
5. When Mondaugen is looking for a power source for his antennas, what or who does he find in the basement of the expatriate's house?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)