|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Profane thinks he is settled in his job, what happens that changes everything in Chapter 13?
(a) He falls sick.
(b) His pay is cut down to a third.
(c) He misses his alarm and is fired from his job.
(d) His company goes bankrupt.
2. Who is suffering from stomach pains in Chapter 10?
3. What is the name of Fausto Maijstral's dead wife?
4. Who tells Rachel and Profane that the dentist was robbed in Chapter 14?
(d) The dentist.
5. While Esther tries to run to the plane, who gets in a fight at the airport?
(a) Rachel and Slab.
(b) Benny and Paola.
(c) Winsome and Mafia.
(d) Pig and Benny.
6. Who stops Winsome from killing himself at Rachel's apartment?
(c) Pig Bodine.
7. Why is Stencil afraid of going to Malta?
(a) He hates the sun.
(b) His father died there and he may find V.
(c) He is afraid of traveling by boat.
(d) He has bad dreams about the place.
8. When Pig gets involved with an airline stewardess, what does he run out of?
9. Who is talking to Rachel in a bar and confesses feelings for Paola in Chapter 10?
10. What is V's fear about the ballerina?
(a) That she will lose her strength.
(b) That her feet will give out.
(c) That she will get caught up in fame and forget her.
(d) That she will become conceited.
11. When Mondaugen was in Africa, what was the project he worked on?
(a) A secret government operative.
(b) A project involving atmospheric radio disturbances.
(c) A diamond extraction program.
(d) An environmental hazard program.
12. When Winsome comes back to his apartment, who does he find his wife is talking to?
(a) Rachel Owlglass.
(b) Mildred Wren.
(c) Benny Profane.
(d) Pig Bodine.
13. When the Whole Sick Crew has a party, who does Winsome and Pig Bodine get in a ﬁght over?
(b) Winsome's money habits.
(c) Pig's drinking.
14. What did the Bad Priest do that infuriates Fausto Maijstral?
(a) He steals Fausto Maijstral's child.
(b) He marries Elena.
(c) He convinced Elena to become a nun.
(d) He kills Elena.
15. Who is dressed as a woman and steals the transmissions in Chapter 9?
(b) The lieutenant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel ask Benny Profane's help in procuring that he suggests she borrow from Winsome?
2. What does Profane and a talking machine compare the stack of junk cars at the dump to?
3. What does the mysterious woman who talks to the ballerina tell her about her future?
4. What does Pig see by the antenna by the platform of the ship where Profane was working?
5. What kind of relationship does the mysterious woman and the ballerina develop soon after their meeting in Chapter 14?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)