|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his letter, what does Fausto Maijstral say about himself?
(a) How brilliant he is.
(b) How confused he is.
(c) How he changed from being young and idealistic to bitter and realistic after the birth of his child.
(d) How sad he is.
2. Why does Benny want to get a job in Chapter 8?
(a) To meet women.
(b) To get revenge.
(c) To save money.
(d) To buy food.
3. Who travels to Malta in Chapter 13?
(a) Profane, Paola, and Benny.
(b) Paola, Rachel, and Stencil.
(c) Profane, Paola and Stencil.
(d) Stencil, Paola, and Benny.
4. Why is Rachel angry at Slab in Chapter 12?
(a) Because he left her for Esther.
(b) Because he fights with Pig Bodine over her.
(c) Because he can be bribed.
(d) Because he would let Esther just leave like that.
5. During the war, what does Fausto's wife do?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She nurses the wounded and homeless.
(c) She fights.
(d) She hides.
6. What is V's fear about the ballerina?
(a) That she will lose her strength.
(b) That her feet will give out.
(c) That she will become conceited.
(d) That she will get caught up in fame and forget her.
7. While Esther tries to run to the plane, who gets in a fight at the airport?
(a) Pig and Benny.
(b) Benny and Paola.
(c) Rachel and Slab.
(d) Winsome and Mafia.
8. What does Rachel ask Benny Profane's help in procuring that he suggests she borrow from Winsome?
(a) A car.
(b) An alibi.
(c) A key.
(d) A shoe.
9. Who is the German woman with a fake eye that Mondaugen meets?
(a) Mia Spangenburg.
(b) Gertrude Stein.
(c) Vera Meroving.
(d) Esther Franz.
10. Where does Kurt Mondaugen work?
(a) Yoyodyne Inc.
(b) Space/Time Employment Agency.
(c) Futuristic Records.
(d) Owl Tavern.
11. When Pig gets involved with an airline stewardess, what does he run out of?
12. What does Pig see by the antenna by the platform of the ship where Profane was working?
(a) A gang member.
(b) A dead body.
(c) Hamburger meat that was now cooked.
(d) A ghost.
13. Where do the police take Winsome after he jumps from the first floor into their net?
(a) Drug rehabilitation center.
(c) Mental hospital.
(d) His wife's trial.
14. What kind of relationship does the mysterious woman and the ballerina develop soon after their meeting in Chapter 14?
15. Who stops Winsome from killing himself at Rachel's apartment?
(d) Pig Bodine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Bad Priest do that infuriates Fausto Maijstral?
2. What is "yo-yo-ing" practiced by the Whole Sick Crew in Chapter 10?
3. What kind of closure does Benny have about his previous life in New York City?
4. After Profane loses his job, what does he become a full member of?
5. Who does Stencil tell Profane loves him in Chapter 13?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)