|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the airport, who is leaving for Puerto Rico in Chapter 12?
2. What does Rachel say that Profane is too wrapped up in that will prevent him from truly loving a woman?
(c) The idea of himself as a schlemihl.
3. What does Winsome fear that Mafia is doing that he tells Rachel?
(b) Stealing money.
(c) Sleeping around.
(d) Killing people.
4. When Stencil and Profane break into Eigenvalue's ofﬁce, what do they steal?
(b) False teeth.
5. Where is Fausto Maijstral in Chapter 11?
6. Where does Benny Profane work as a guard?
(a) Underwater Research.
(b) Scientific One.
(c) Anthroresearch Associates.
7. What does Pig see by the antenna by the platform of the ship where Profane was working?
(a) A gang member.
(b) A ghost.
(c) Hamburger meat that was now cooked.
(d) A dead body.
8. Who does Rachel want to know is in her apartment?
9. Who works at Benny's place of employment?
10. What does Wijk fear that Abraham Morris will do?
(a) Steal his diamonds.
(b) Destroy his antennas.
(c) Raid his farm.
(d) Kidnap his friends.
11. When Kurt Mondaugen is stopped by a lieutenant in Chapter 9, what does the lieutenant think Mondaugen is up to?
(a) He is kidnapping the president's child.
(b) He is spying for the English.
(c) He is stealing from the governor.
(d) He is planting a bomb.
12. When Winsome comes back to his apartment, who does he find his wife is talking to?
(a) Benny Profane.
(b) Rachel Owlglass.
(c) Pig Bodine.
(d) Mildred Wren.
13. What are the names of the synthetic human machines that Benny watches over?
(a) SHOCK and SHROUD.
(b) Gunther and Greta.
(c) Pig and Paola.
(d) Tommy and Theresa.
14. Who guesses that Esther could be pregnant?
(c) Pig Bodine.
15. Who is Williem van Wijk?
(a) V.'s brother.
(b) An engineering student.
(c) A diamond merchant.
(d) A German colonist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of building is Fausto Maijstral in that he describes in his letter?
2. What is the name of the expatriate that Mondaugen visits to give news of the war?
3. Where does Kurt Mondaugen work?
4. What does Rachel ask Benny Profane's help in procuring that he suggests she borrow from Winsome?
5. Where do the police take Winsome after he jumps from the first floor into their net?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)