|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Profane loses his job, what does he become a full member of?
(a) Whole Sick Crew.
(b) New York City Public Park Volunteers.
(c) Amputatees Anonymous.
2. What is the horrible accident that happens to the ballerina on stage in Chapter 14?
(a) She is poisoned.
(b) She falls down to her death.
(c) An elephant lands on her, crushing her instantly.
(d) She is impaled on a wooden stake.
3. Who go to a party in Washington D.C. for the weekend in Chapter 14?
(a) Stencil, Profane and Pig Bodine.
(b) Profane and Paola.
(c) Paola and Pig.
(d) Rachel and Mafia.
4. Who is a ballerina in Paris in 1913?
(a) Paola Mijstral.
(b) Mélanie l'Heuremaudi.
(c) Rachel Owlglass.
(d) Esther Hayes.
5. When Mondaugen was in Africa, what was the project he worked on?
(a) An environmental hazard program.
(b) A secret government operative.
(c) A project involving atmospheric radio disturbances.
(d) A diamond extraction program.
6. Who is Williem van Wijk?
(a) V.'s brother.
(b) An engineering student.
(c) A German colonist.
(d) A diamond merchant.
7. Where do the police take Winsome after he jumps from the first floor into their net?
(a) Mental hospital.
(b) His wife's trial.
(d) Drug rehabilitation center.
8. In his letter, what does Fausto Maijstral say about himself?
(a) How sad he is.
(b) How confused he is.
(c) How he changed from being young and idealistic to bitter and realistic after the birth of his child.
(d) How brilliant he is.
9. What did the Bad Priest do that infuriates Fausto Maijstral?
(a) He steals Fausto Maijstral's child.
(b) He kills Elena.
(c) He convinced Elena to become a nun.
(d) He marries Elena.
10. Who makes love in the garage in Chapter 12?
(a) Paola and Pig.
(b) Rachel and Benny.
(c) Hood and Esther.
(d) Esther and Slab.
11. At the airport, who is leaving for Puerto Rico in Chapter 12?
12. Who tells Rachel and Profane that the dentist was robbed in Chapter 14?
(a) The dentist.
13. While Profane thinks he is settled in his job, what happens that changes everything in Chapter 13?
(a) He misses his alarm and is fired from his job.
(b) He falls sick.
(c) His pay is cut down to a third.
(d) His company goes bankrupt.
14. What does Rachel ask Benny Profane's help in procuring that he suggests she borrow from Winsome?
(a) An alibi.
(b) A car.
(c) A key.
(d) A shoe.
15. Who does Stencil tell Profane loves him in Chapter 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Fausto Maijstral in Chapter 11?
2. What does Wijk fear that Abraham Morris will do?
3. When Pig gets involved with an airline stewardess, what does he run out of?
4. Where does Kurt Mondaugen work?
5. What does Rachel say that Profane is too wrapped up in that will prevent him from truly loving a woman?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)