|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who guesses that Esther could be pregnant?
(b) Pig Bodine.
2. Who is suffering from stomach pains in Chapter 10?
3. Who is Williem van Wijk?
(a) V.'s brother.
(b) A German colonist.
(c) An engineering student.
(d) A diamond merchant.
4. Who tells Rachel and Profane that the dentist was robbed in Chapter 14?
(b) The dentist.
5. How does Fausto Maijstral refer to himself after the birth of his child and the beginning of war?
(b) Fausto II.
6. What did the ballerina forget to wear that would have prevented the horrible accident that occurred to her?
(a) A lucky medallion.
(b) A cross.
(c) A safety belt.
7. Who makes love in the garage in Chapter 12?
(a) Paola and Pig.
(b) Hood and Esther.
(c) Esther and Slab.
(d) Rachel and Benny.
8. When Mondaugen was in Africa, what was the project he worked on?
(a) A secret government operative.
(b) A project involving atmospheric radio disturbances.
(c) A diamond extraction program.
(d) An environmental hazard program.
9. While Esther tries to run to the plane, who gets in a fight at the airport?
(a) Rachel and Slab.
(b) Pig and Benny.
(c) Benny and Paola.
(d) Winsome and Mafia.
10. Who is talking to Rachel in a bar and confesses feelings for Paola in Chapter 10?
11. Who is a ballerina in Paris in 1913?
(a) Paola Mijstral.
(b) Esther Hayes.
(c) Mélanie l'Heuremaudi.
(d) Rachel Owlglass.
12. Who tries to have sex with Paola but she refuses in Chapter 13?
(b) Pig Bodine.
13. While Profane thinks he is settled in his job, what happens that changes everything in Chapter 13?
(a) He misses his alarm and is fired from his job.
(b) His pay is cut down to a third.
(c) His company goes bankrupt.
(d) He falls sick.
14. When Kurt Mondaugen is stopped by a lieutenant in Chapter 9, what does the lieutenant think Mondaugen is up to?
(a) He is stealing from the governor.
(b) He is spying for the English.
(c) He is kidnapping the president's child.
(d) He is planting a bomb.
15. What are the names of the synthetic human machines that Benny watches over?
(a) Pig and Paola.
(b) SHOCK and SHROUD.
(c) Tommy and Theresa.
(d) Gunther and Greta.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is V's fear about the ballerina?
2. Who are the people at the musician's home who are looking at a painting of a cheese danish and a tree?
3. Who does the dentist introduce Stencil to in Chapter 8?
4. Who goes to the airport to stop Esther from leaving in Chapter 12?
5. What does Winsome fear that Mafia is doing that he tells Rachel?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)