|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mondaugen feels sick, what does Gondolphin think he has?
(c) Yellow fever.
2. Who tries to have sex with Paola but she refuses in Chapter 13?
(c) Pig Bodine.
3. While Esther tries to run to the plane, who gets in a fight at the airport?
(a) Winsome and Mafia.
(b) Pig and Benny.
(c) Benny and Paola.
(d) Rachel and Slab.
4. What kind of relationship does the mysterious woman and the ballerina develop soon after their meeting in Chapter 14?
5. When Winsome is at Rachel's apartment, what does he say to Rachel?
(a) He is very angry at Benny.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He killed his wife.
(d) He lists the reasons why each of the Crew is sick and does not live up to their potential.
6. After Profane loses his job, what does he become a full member of?
(a) New York City Public Park Volunteers.
(b) Whole Sick Crew.
(c) Amputatees Anonymous.
7. Who is dressed as a woman and steals the transmissions in Chapter 9?
(c) The lieutenant.
8. What kind of building is Fausto Maijstral in that he describes in his letter?
(a) One that was bombed during World War I.
(b) One with seven stories.
(c) One that houses dead people.
(d) One that sells cars.
9. Where do the police take Winsome after he jumps from the first floor into their net?
(a) Mental hospital.
(b) Drug rehabilitation center.
(d) His wife's trial.
10. What are the names of the synthetic human machines that Benny watches over?
(a) SHOCK and SHROUD.
(b) Pig and Paola.
(c) Gunther and Greta.
(d) Tommy and Theresa.
11. Why does Benny want to get a job in Chapter 8?
(a) To buy food.
(b) To meet women.
(c) To save money.
(d) To get revenge.
12. What is the horrible accident that happens to the ballerina on stage in Chapter 14?
(a) She is impaled on a wooden stake.
(b) She is poisoned.
(c) She falls down to her death.
(d) An elephant lands on her, crushing her instantly.
13. What does the mysterious woman who talks to the ballerina tell her about her future?
(a) That she will travel the world on a boat.
(b) That she will fall in love and marry a rich man.
(c) That she will drive Paris mad.
(d) That she will die soon.
14. What did the ballerina forget to wear that would have prevented the horrible accident that occurred to her?
(a) A cross.
(b) A lucky medallion.
(c) A safety belt.
15. Why is Rachel angry at Slab in Chapter 12?
(a) Because he left her for Esther.
(b) Because he fights with Pig Bodine over her.
(c) Because he can be bribed.
(d) Because he would let Esther just leave like that.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mondaugen is looking for a power source for his antennas, what or who does he find in the basement of the expatriate's house?
2. Where does Benny get a job?
3. What is V's fear about the ballerina?
4. What does Pig see by the antenna by the platform of the ship where Profane was working?
5. What kind of closure does Benny have about his previous life in New York City?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)