|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the ballerina forget to wear that would have prevented the horrible accident that occurred to her?
(a) A cross.
(b) A safety belt.
(c) A lucky medallion.
2. Who acts like a mother towards Esther, concerned about her welfare and her decisions in Chapter 12?
3. Where do the police take Winsome after he jumps from the first floor into their net?
(a) Mental hospital.
(b) Drug rehabilitation center.
(c) His wife's trial.
4. What is "yo-yo-ing" practiced by the Whole Sick Crew in Chapter 10?
(a) Riding subway trains back and forth while drunk.
(b) Dancing naked.
(c) Being honest and then lying and back and forth.
(d) Committing and leaving back and forth.
5. When Foppl was in the army, what happened in 1904?
(a) An earthquake devastated the area.
(b) A great rebellion broke out.
(c) The military took over the government.
(d) Suicide bombers landed in the city.
6. At the airport, who is leaving for Puerto Rico in Chapter 12?
7. Where does Benny Profane work as a guard?
(a) Anthroresearch Associates.
(c) Underwater Research.
(d) Scientific One.
8. When Winsome comes back to his apartment, who does he find his wife is talking to?
(a) Benny Profane.
(b) Pig Bodine.
(c) Mildred Wren.
(d) Rachel Owlglass.
9. What is the name of the expatriate that Mondaugen visits to give news of the war?
10. Who stops Winsome from killing himself at Rachel's apartment?
(c) Pig Bodine.
11. During the war, what does Fausto's wife do?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She nurses the wounded and homeless.
(c) She fights.
(d) She hides.
12. When Kurt Mondaugen is stopped by a lieutenant in Chapter 9, what does the lieutenant think Mondaugen is up to?
(a) He is kidnapping the president's child.
(b) He is spying for the English.
(c) He is planting a bomb.
(d) He is stealing from the governor.
13. Where does Kurt Mondaugen work?
(a) Owl Tavern.
(b) Space/Time Employment Agency.
(c) Futuristic Records.
(d) Yoyodyne Inc.
14. Where is Fausto Maijstral in Chapter 11?
15. Who is the musician and singer, has just ﬁnished his last set at a club in Chapter 10?
(b) McClintic Sphere.
(c) Benny Profane.
(d) Jason Priestley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wijk fear that Abraham Morris will do?
2. When Mondaugen feels sick, what does Gondolphin think he has?
3. What is V's fear about the ballerina?
4. Who does the dentist introduce Stencil to in Chapter 8?
5. What is the horrible accident that happens to the ballerina on stage in Chapter 14?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)