|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the people at the musician's home who are looking at a painting of a cheese danish and a tree?
(a) John, Jacob, and Mary.
(b) Eigenvalue, Scholom, and Tom.
(c) Ruby, Slab, and Esther.
(d) Benny, Paola, and Pig.
2. When Mondaugen is looking for a power source for his antennas, what or who does he find in the basement of the expatriate's house?
(a) A chest full of diamonds.
(b) A native who has been whipped.
(c) A stash of money.
(d) A fridge full of marijuana.
3. Where does Kurt Mondaugen work?
(a) Futuristic Records.
(b) Space/Time Employment Agency.
(c) Owl Tavern.
(d) Yoyodyne Inc.
4. When Stencil and Profane break into Eigenvalue's ofﬁce, what do they steal?
(c) False teeth.
5. What did the Bad Priest do that infuriates Fausto Maijstral?
(a) He convinced Elena to become a nun.
(b) He kills Elena.
(c) He marries Elena.
(d) He steals Fausto Maijstral's child.
6. What kind of closure does Benny have about his previous life in New York City?
(a) He sees Fina who is leaving because her brother found out about her activiities with the gang and he is glad that life is over.
(b) All the members are dead.
(c) A priest confesses him.
(d) He does not have any and is filled with regret.
7. Who guesses that Esther could be pregnant?
(c) Pig Bodine.
8. What does Rachel say that Profane is too wrapped up in that will prevent him from truly loving a woman?
(c) The idea of himself as a schlemihl.
9. Why does Benny want to get a job in Chapter 8?
(a) To meet women.
(b) To buy food.
(c) To get revenge.
(d) To save money.
10. Who tries to have sex with Paola but she refuses in Chapter 13?
(d) Pig Bodine.
11. When Foppl was in the army, what happened in 1904?
(a) The military took over the government.
(b) A great rebellion broke out.
(c) Suicide bombers landed in the city.
(d) An earthquake devastated the area.
12. Where is Fausto Maijstral in Chapter 11?
13. What kind of relationship does the mysterious woman and the ballerina develop soon after their meeting in Chapter 14?
14. Who does the dentist introduce Stencil to in Chapter 8?
(b) His wife.
(d) Bloody Chiclitz.
15. Who is dressed as a woman and steals the transmissions in Chapter 9?
(c) The lieutenant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mysterious woman who talks to the ballerina tell her about her future?
2. What does Rachel tell Profane that he must convince Esther to do or not do?
3. When Mondaugen feels sick, what does Gondolphin think he has?
4. When the police arrive at Winsome's apartment, who do they arrest?
5. When Winsome comes back to his apartment, who does he find his wife is talking to?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)