|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of relationship does the mysterious woman and the ballerina develop soon after their meeting in Chapter 14?
2. To whom does Fausto Maijstral write a letter in Chapter 11?
3. What did the ballerina forget to wear that would have prevented the horrible accident that occurred to her?
(a) A lucky medallion.
(c) A safety belt.
(d) A cross.
4. Who could not attend the party because of a fight with a partner in Chapter 12?
5. What does Profane and a talking machine compare the stack of junk cars at the dump to?
(a) Children's toys.
(b) The bodies of Jews at the concentration camps after World War II.
(c) Mass destruction.
(d) A pile of cookies.
6. Who tries to have sex with Paola but she refuses in Chapter 13?
(a) Pig Bodine.
7. What does Winsome fear that Mafia is doing that he tells Rachel?
(b) Sleeping around.
(c) Killing people.
(d) Stealing money.
8. Who is talking to Rachel in a bar and confesses feelings for Paola in Chapter 10?
9. Who tells Rachel and Profane that the dentist was robbed in Chapter 14?
(a) The dentist.
10. During the war, what does Fausto's wife do?
(a) She fights.
(b) She nurses the wounded and homeless.
(c) She hides.
(d) She runs away.
11. What is "yo-yo-ing" practiced by the Whole Sick Crew in Chapter 10?
(a) Riding subway trains back and forth while drunk.
(b) Dancing naked.
(c) Being honest and then lying and back and forth.
(d) Committing and leaving back and forth.
12. What is the name of Fausto Maijstral's dead wife?
13. Who does Stencil tell Profane loves him in Chapter 13?
14. Who go to a party in Washington D.C. for the weekend in Chapter 14?
(a) Paola and Pig.
(b) Rachel and Mafia.
(c) Stencil, Profane and Pig Bodine.
(d) Profane and Paola.
15. What is V's fear about the ballerina?
(a) That her feet will give out.
(b) That she will get caught up in fame and forget her.
(c) That she will lose her strength.
(d) That she will become conceited.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Benny want to get a job in Chapter 8?
2. Who are the people at the musician's home who are looking at a painting of a cheese danish and a tree?
3. Who is the musician and singer, has just ﬁnished his last set at a club in Chapter 10?
4. Where is Captain Hugh Godolphin heading off to when Mondaugen meets him?
5. Who is suffering from stomach pains in Chapter 10?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)