|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes love in the garage in Chapter 12?
(a) Esther and Slab.
(b) Hood and Esther.
(c) Rachel and Benny.
(d) Paola and Pig.
2. What kind of closure does Benny have about his previous life in New York City?
(a) All the members are dead.
(b) He does not have any and is filled with regret.
(c) He sees Fina who is leaving because her brother found out about her activiities with the gang and he is glad that life is over.
(d) A priest confesses him.
3. To whom does Fausto Maijstral write a letter in Chapter 11?
4. When Winsome is at Rachel's apartment, what does he say to Rachel?
(a) He lists the reasons why each of the Crew is sick and does not live up to their potential.
(b) He is very angry at Benny.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He killed his wife.
5. Why is Stencil afraid of going to Malta?
(a) He has bad dreams about the place.
(b) His father died there and he may find V.
(c) He is afraid of traveling by boat.
(d) He hates the sun.
6. When Stencil and Profane break into Eigenvalue's ofﬁce, what do they steal?
(a) False teeth.
7. Who is dressed as a woman and steals the transmissions in Chapter 9?
(d) The lieutenant.
8. What are the names of the synthetic human machines that Benny watches over?
(a) Gunther and Greta.
(b) SHOCK and SHROUD.
(c) Pig and Paola.
(d) Tommy and Theresa.
9. At the airport, who is leaving for Puerto Rico in Chapter 12?
10. When Mondaugen is looking for a power source for his antennas, what or who does he find in the basement of the expatriate's house?
(a) A stash of money.
(b) A fridge full of marijuana.
(c) A chest full of diamonds.
(d) A native who has been whipped.
11. After Profane loses his job, what does he become a full member of?
(a) Whole Sick Crew.
(c) New York City Public Park Volunteers.
(d) Amputatees Anonymous.
12. Why is Rachel angry at Slab in Chapter 12?
(a) Because he would let Esther just leave like that.
(b) Because he can be bribed.
(c) Because he fights with Pig Bodine over her.
(d) Because he left her for Esther.
13. What does Profane and a talking machine compare the stack of junk cars at the dump to?
(a) Children's toys.
(b) The bodies of Jews at the concentration camps after World War II.
(c) A pile of cookies.
(d) Mass destruction.
14. Who stops Winsome from killing himself at Rachel's apartment?
(c) Pig Bodine.
15. What does Shale Schoenmaker want to do that makes Esther angry and leave?
(a) He proposes that he do more plastic surgery on her.
(b) He dates someone else.
(c) He cheats on her.
(d) He leaves the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pig see by the antenna by the platform of the ship where Profane was working?
2. Where does Benny Profane work as a guard?
3. Who goes to the airport to stop Esther from leaving in Chapter 12?
4. During the war, what does Fausto's wife do?
5. When the police arrive at Winsome's apartment, who do they arrest?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)