|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stencil tell Profane loves him in Chapter 13?
2. What does Shale Schoenmaker want to do that makes Esther angry and leave?
(a) He dates someone else.
(b) He leaves the country.
(c) He cheats on her.
(d) He proposes that he do more plastic surgery on her.
3. When Kurt Mondaugen is stopped by a lieutenant in Chapter 9, what does the lieutenant think Mondaugen is up to?
(a) He is stealing from the governor.
(b) He is planting a bomb.
(c) He is kidnapping the president's child.
(d) He is spying for the English.
4. Who goes to the airport to stop Esther from leaving in Chapter 12?
(a) Winsome and Slab.
(b) Mafia and Paola.
(c) Benny and Rachel.
(d) Pig Bodine and Benny.
5. At the airport, who is leaving for Puerto Rico in Chapter 12?
6. What does Winsome fear that Mafia is doing that he tells Rachel?
(b) Killing people.
(c) Stealing money.
(d) Sleeping around.
7. Who is the German woman with a fake eye that Mondaugen meets?
(a) Esther Franz.
(b) Vera Meroving.
(c) Mia Spangenburg.
(d) Gertrude Stein.
8. Where does Benny get a job?
(a) An accountant's firm.
(b) Space/Time Employment Agency.
(c) Barmaid's Home.
(d) Half-Street Lounge.
9. What does Wijk fear that Abraham Morris will do?
(a) Raid his farm.
(b) Steal his diamonds.
(c) Kidnap his friends.
(d) Destroy his antennas.
10. Who tells Rachel and Profane that the dentist was robbed in Chapter 14?
(a) The dentist.
11. Where is the Whole Sick Crew at a party in Chapter 12?
(a) Raoul, Slab, and Melvin's place.
(b) Winchester's pub.
(c) Tea room.
(d) Salon on North Street.
12. Who guesses that Esther could be pregnant?
(b) Pig Bodine.
13. Who are the people at the musician's home who are looking at a painting of a cheese danish and a tree?
(a) Benny, Paola, and Pig.
(b) Ruby, Slab, and Esther.
(c) Eigenvalue, Scholom, and Tom.
(d) John, Jacob, and Mary.
14. When Mondaugen feels sick, what does Gondolphin think he has?
(b) Yellow fever.
15. How does Fausto Maijstral refer to himself after the birth of his child and the beginning of war?
(c) Fausto II.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who go to a party in Washington D.C. for the weekend in Chapter 14?
2. What does Rachel ask Benny Profane's help in procuring that he suggests she borrow from Winsome?
3. Who makes love in the garage in Chapter 12?
4. Who is talking to Rachel in a bar and confesses feelings for Paola in Chapter 10?
5. While Profane thinks he is settled in his job, what happens that changes everything in Chapter 13?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)