|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of building is Fausto Maijstral in that he describes in his letter?
(a) One that houses dead people.
(b) One that was bombed during World War I.
(c) One that sells cars.
(d) One with seven stories.
2. When Mondaugen is looking for a power source for his antennas, what or who does he find in the basement of the expatriate's house?
(a) A stash of money.
(b) A chest full of diamonds.
(c) A native who has been whipped.
(d) A fridge full of marijuana.
3. Who acts like a mother towards Esther, concerned about her welfare and her decisions in Chapter 12?
4. What does Profane and a talking machine compare the stack of junk cars at the dump to?
(a) Mass destruction.
(b) The bodies of Jews at the concentration camps after World War II.
(c) A pile of cookies.
(d) Children's toys.
5. Why is Stencil afraid of going to Malta?
(a) He hates the sun.
(b) He is afraid of traveling by boat.
(c) He has bad dreams about the place.
(d) His father died there and he may find V.
6. What are the names of the synthetic human machines that Benny watches over?
(a) Pig and Paola.
(b) Tommy and Theresa.
(c) SHOCK and SHROUD.
(d) Gunther and Greta.
7. In his letter, what does Fausto Maijstral say about himself?
(a) How he changed from being young and idealistic to bitter and realistic after the birth of his child.
(b) How sad he is.
(c) How brilliant he is.
(d) How confused he is.
8. What is the name of the expatriate that Mondaugen visits to give news of the war?
9. To whom does Fausto Maijstral write a letter in Chapter 11?
10. What is V's fear about the ballerina?
(a) That her feet will give out.
(b) That she will get caught up in fame and forget her.
(c) That she will lose her strength.
(d) That she will become conceited.
11. Who is suffering from stomach pains in Chapter 10?
12. Where do the police take Winsome after he jumps from the first floor into their net?
(a) Drug rehabilitation center.
(b) Mental hospital.
(c) His wife's trial.
13. What kind of relationship does the mysterious woman and the ballerina develop soon after their meeting in Chapter 14?
14. Who go to a party in Washington D.C. for the weekend in Chapter 14?
(a) Stencil, Profane and Pig Bodine.
(b) Profane and Paola.
(c) Paola and Pig.
(d) Rachel and Mafia.
15. What does Wijk fear that Abraham Morris will do?
(a) Destroy his antennas.
(b) Raid his farm.
(c) Steal his diamonds.
(d) Kidnap his friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "yo-yo-ing" practiced by the Whole Sick Crew in Chapter 10?
2. While Profane thinks he is settled in his job, what happens that changes everything in Chapter 13?
3. Where is the Whole Sick Crew at a party in Chapter 12?
4. Who is talking to Rachel in a bar and confesses feelings for Paola in Chapter 10?
5. Who does the dentist introduce Stencil to in Chapter 8?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)