|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is suffering from stomach pains in Chapter 10?
2. Who works at Benny's place of employment?
3. Who is Williem van Wijk?
(a) A German colonist.
(b) A diamond merchant.
(c) V.'s brother.
(d) An engineering student.
4. Who travels to Malta in Chapter 13?
(a) Profane, Paola, and Benny.
(b) Paola, Rachel, and Stencil.
(c) Stencil, Paola, and Benny.
(d) Profane, Paola and Stencil.
5. Who acts like a mother towards Esther, concerned about her welfare and her decisions in Chapter 12?
6. Where does Kurt Mondaugen work?
(a) Futuristic Records.
(b) Space/Time Employment Agency.
(c) Yoyodyne Inc.
(d) Owl Tavern.
7. What does Shale Schoenmaker want to do that makes Esther angry and leave?
(a) He leaves the country.
(b) He proposes that he do more plastic surgery on her.
(c) He cheats on her.
(d) He dates someone else.
8. When the Whole Sick Crew has a party, who does Winsome and Pig Bodine get in a ﬁght over?
(b) Winsome's money habits.
(c) Pig's drinking.
9. Where is Captain Hugh Godolphin heading off to when Mondaugen meets him?
(b) An expedition to the South Pole.
10. What is "yo-yo-ing" practiced by the Whole Sick Crew in Chapter 10?
(a) Being honest and then lying and back and forth.
(b) Dancing naked.
(c) Committing and leaving back and forth.
(d) Riding subway trains back and forth while drunk.
11. Who is talking to Rachel in a bar and confesses feelings for Paola in Chapter 10?
12. When the police arrive at Winsome's apartment, who do they arrest?
(b) Benny and Rachel.
(c) Maﬁa, Charisma, Fu and their friends.
(d) Slab and Hood.
13. What does Slab suggest that Esther do about her pregnancy?
(a) Go to Cuba and get an abortion.
(b) Check again that it is real.
(c) Have it.
(d) Hide it.
14. Who stops Winsome from killing himself at Rachel's apartment?
(a) Pig Bodine.
15. Who makes love in the garage in Chapter 12?
(a) Rachel and Benny.
(b) Hood and Esther.
(c) Paola and Pig.
(d) Esther and Slab.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rachel angry at Slab in Chapter 12?
2. Who tells Rachel and Profane that the dentist was robbed in Chapter 14?
3. To whom does Fausto Maijstral write a letter in Chapter 11?
4. While Profane thinks he is settled in his job, what happens that changes everything in Chapter 13?
5. Why is Stencil afraid of going to Malta?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)