|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Benny get a job?
(a) Space/Time Employment Agency.
(b) Half-Street Lounge.
(c) Barmaid's Home.
(d) An accountant's firm.
2. Who guesses that Esther could be pregnant?
(a) Pig Bodine.
3. How does Fausto Maijstral refer to himself after the birth of his child and the beginning of war?
(c) Fausto II.
4. While Esther tries to run to the plane, who gets in a fight at the airport?
(a) Pig and Benny.
(b) Rachel and Slab.
(c) Winsome and Mafia.
(d) Benny and Paola.
5. When Winsome is at Rachel's apartment, what does he say to Rachel?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He is very angry at Benny.
(c) He lists the reasons why each of the Crew is sick and does not live up to their potential.
(d) He killed his wife.
6. What does the mysterious woman who talks to the ballerina tell her about her future?
(a) That she will fall in love and marry a rich man.
(b) That she will die soon.
(c) That she will travel the world on a boat.
(d) That she will drive Paris mad.
7. Who tries to have sex with Paola but she refuses in Chapter 13?
(b) Pig Bodine.
8. When Winsome comes back to his apartment, who does he find his wife is talking to?
(a) Rachel Owlglass.
(b) Mildred Wren.
(c) Benny Profane.
(d) Pig Bodine.
9. To whom does Fausto Maijstral write a letter in Chapter 11?
10. What does Wijk fear that Abraham Morris will do?
(a) Steal his diamonds.
(b) Destroy his antennas.
(c) Kidnap his friends.
(d) Raid his farm.
11. Who is talking to Rachel in a bar and confesses feelings for Paola in Chapter 10?
12. What did the ballerina forget to wear that would have prevented the horrible accident that occurred to her?
(a) A lucky medallion.
(b) A safety belt.
(c) A cross.
13. During the war, what does Fausto's wife do?
(a) She fights.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She hides.
(d) She nurses the wounded and homeless.
14. Where is Fausto Maijstral in Chapter 11?
15. What is the horrible accident that happens to the ballerina on stage in Chapter 14?
(a) An elephant lands on her, crushing her instantly.
(b) She is poisoned.
(c) She is impaled on a wooden stake.
(d) She falls down to her death.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Whole Sick Crew has a party, who does Winsome and Pig Bodine get in a ﬁght over?
2. Where is Captain Hugh Godolphin heading off to when Mondaugen meets him?
3. Who is dressed as a woman and steals the transmissions in Chapter 9?
4. What kind of closure does Benny have about his previous life in New York City?
5. What is the name of the expatriate that Mondaugen visits to give news of the war?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)