|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who travels to Malta in Chapter 13?
(a) Profane, Paola, and Benny.
(b) Paola, Rachel, and Stencil.
(c) Profane, Paola and Stencil.
(d) Stencil, Paola, and Benny.
2. Who does Stencil tell Profane loves him in Chapter 13?
3. Who goes to the airport to stop Esther from leaving in Chapter 12?
(a) Pig Bodine and Benny.
(b) Mafia and Paola.
(c) Benny and Rachel.
(d) Winsome and Slab.
4. What are the names of the synthetic human machines that Benny watches over?
(a) Tommy and Theresa.
(b) SHOCK and SHROUD.
(c) Pig and Paola.
(d) Gunther and Greta.
5. Who does Rachel want to know is in her apartment?
6. What does Pig see by the antenna by the platform of the ship where Profane was working?
(a) Hamburger meat that was now cooked.
(b) A gang member.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A dead body.
7. What does Wijk fear that Abraham Morris will do?
(a) Kidnap his friends.
(b) Steal his diamonds.
(c) Raid his farm.
(d) Destroy his antennas.
8. What is V's fear about the ballerina?
(a) That her feet will give out.
(b) That she will get caught up in fame and forget her.
(c) That she will become conceited.
(d) That she will lose her strength.
9. Why is Rachel angry at Slab in Chapter 12?
(a) Because he would let Esther just leave like that.
(b) Because he left her for Esther.
(c) Because he fights with Pig Bodine over her.
(d) Because he can be bribed.
10. Where does Benny get a job?
(a) Half-Street Lounge.
(b) An accountant's firm.
(c) Barmaid's Home.
(d) Space/Time Employment Agency.
11. Who are the people at the musician's home who are looking at a painting of a cheese danish and a tree?
(a) John, Jacob, and Mary.
(b) Eigenvalue, Scholom, and Tom.
(c) Ruby, Slab, and Esther.
(d) Benny, Paola, and Pig.
12. What is the horrible accident that happens to the ballerina on stage in Chapter 14?
(a) She falls down to her death.
(b) An elephant lands on her, crushing her instantly.
(c) She is poisoned.
(d) She is impaled on a wooden stake.
13. What does Shale Schoenmaker want to do that makes Esther angry and leave?
(a) He cheats on her.
(b) He proposes that he do more plastic surgery on her.
(c) He leaves the country.
(d) He dates someone else.
14. Why is Stencil afraid of going to Malta?
(a) He has bad dreams about the place.
(b) His father died there and he may find V.
(c) He hates the sun.
(d) He is afraid of traveling by boat.
15. Who tries to have sex with Paola but she refuses in Chapter 13?
(b) Pig Bodine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel tell Profane that he must convince Esther to do or not do?
2. What does Rachel ask Benny Profane's help in procuring that he suggests she borrow from Winsome?
3. While Profane thinks he is settled in his job, what happens that changes everything in Chapter 13?
4. Who guesses that Esther could be pregnant?
5. Who go to a party in Washington D.C. for the weekend in Chapter 14?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)