|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Evan Godolphin go to visit in April 1899?
(a) His father, Captain Hugh.
(b) His mother, V.
(c) His friend, Joseph Profane.
(d) His seaman, Stencil.
2. Who in New York pretends to not know anything about the person that the world adventurer is looking for?
(a) Rachel Owlglass.
(b) Dr. Schoenmaker.
(c) Margaret Sloane.
(d) Paoloa Mijstral.
3. What does the dentist show Stencil?
(a) A pair of dentures that will only ﬁt one person.
(b) A book.
(c) A stack of letters from V.
(d) A film.
4. What is the name of the record executive?
5. What collapses on Evan as he tries to leave the building?
(a) The door.
(c) The box.
(d) His lungs.
6. Who are the members of the Whole Sick Crew?
(a) Pig, Benny, Rachel, Mrs. Boor.
(b) Slab, Raoul, Melvin, Winsome, Charisma, and Fu.
(c) Sloane, Slab, Benny, and Rachel.
(d) Benny, Joon, Rachel, and Paola.
7. Who is Porpentine?
(a) A lover of Victoria Wren.
(b) A British spy.
(c) A fake prisoner.
(d) One of the Englishmen at the cafe who is a guest at the consulate party.
8. What is the name of the barmaid who brings Benny Profane a drink at the tavern in Virginia?
9. Who is the world adventurer looking for?
(a) A woman he knows as V.
10. How do Benny and Rachel first meet?
(a) After she almost runs him over outside the restaurant.
(b) At a diving event.
(c) At a party.
(d) At his mother's house.
11. How and where was Stencil shot?
(a) He was shot in the face with a .45 muzzle.
(b) He was shot in the arm with a tranquilizer.
(c) He was hit in the buttock by the shotgun blast.
(d) He was shot in the leg with a rifle.
12. Who calls Benny's name on the loudspeaker at the bus station?
13. Where does Stencil link V. to a conspiracy?
(a) Madrid, Spain.
(b) Alexandria, Egypt.
(c) Macchu Picchu, Peru.
(d) Florence, Italy.
14. Where does Benny find Paola after spending time with the night watchman?
(a) Standing on the beam.
(b) On the deck.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) At the ferry.
15. Who does Rachel see sneaking out of the apartment in her coat?
Short Answer Questions
1. By his apparent lack of interest in other women, what does Profane reveal?
2. What is Lepsius wearing at the party?
3. What happens during "suck hour" at the bar?
4. What appalling act does Fina do that Profane abhors?
5. Who tells V. about Vheissu?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)