|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Alice?
(a) The daughter of the ambassador.
(b) The missing child of Sir Wren.
(c) A young girl who Maxwell once loved that Victoria reminds him of.
(d) A British opera singer.
2. What does Evan Godolphin think of Vheissu?
(a) That it is scary.
(b) That it is dream-like.
(c) That it is imaginary.
(d) That it is comforting.
3. What is Vheissu?
(a) A drink.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A place where rules do not hold sway.
(d) A fountain.
4. What collapses on Evan as he tries to leave the building?
(b) His lungs.
(c) The box.
(d) The door.
5. What is the name of the record executive's wife?
6. Where does Benny find Paola after spending time with the night watchman?
(a) Standing on the beam.
(b) At the ferry.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) On the deck.
7. What does Rachel say that Stencil wrote in his note?
(a) That he would be tracing a lead in the sewers.
(b) That he is in love with her.
(c) That he is committing suicide.
(d) That he is afraid of Mafia.
8. Who are the Playboys?
(a) Pin-up models.
(b) A military cell.
(c) A street gang.
(d) A spy group.
9. Who did Stencil meet that talked to him about the sewers and the rat Veronica?
10. What does the dentist show Stencil?
(a) A stack of letters from V.
(b) A pair of dentures that will only ﬁt one person.
(c) A book.
(d) A film.
11. Why does Profane leave Angel and the rest of the crew?
(a) Without work, he feels there is no longer a reason to stay with them.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is scared of them.
(d) He is bored.
12. What does Pig Bodine tell Benny about the couple Pappy Hod and Paolo?
(a) They were fighting.
(b) They were happy together.
(c) They split.
(d) They were arriving.
13. What is the name of the barmaid who brings Benny Profane a drink at the tavern in Virginia?
14. What is the name of the rat that the priest describes in his journal as wanting to be a sister?
15. What is V.'s strange reaction to the riots at the embassy that Evan notices and seems to understand?
(a) She wants to shoot the rioters.
(b) She finds it funny.
(c) She is not affected by the death going on around her.
(d) She takes a nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Benny's name on the loudspeaker at the bus station?
2. What is Profane worried about when he sees fights among the Playboys and how his friend(s) reconcile them?
3. What does Rachel do that Benny is afraid of?
4. Who is the world adventurer looking for?
5. Who is Sir Alistair Wren?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)