|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the lover of Victoria Wren?
(a) Dr. Schoenmaker.
(b) Hugh Bongo-Shaftsbury.
(c) McClintic Sphere.
(d) Bill Glass.
2. Who in New York pretends to not know anything about the person that the world adventurer is looking for?
(a) Dr. Schoenmaker.
(b) Rachel Owlglass.
(c) Paoloa Mijstral.
(d) Margaret Sloane.
3. What does Rachel say that Stencil wrote in his note?
(a) That he is afraid of Mafia.
(b) That he is in love with her.
(c) That he would be tracing a lead in the sewers.
(d) That he is committing suicide.
4. Who is Alice?
(a) A young girl who Maxwell once loved that Victoria reminds him of.
(b) The missing child of Sir Wren.
(c) The daughter of the ambassador.
(d) A British opera singer.
5. How and where was Stencil shot?
(a) He was shot in the leg with a rifle.
(b) He was shot in the face with a .45 muzzle.
(c) He was hit in the buttock by the shotgun blast.
(d) He was shot in the arm with a tranquilizer.
6. What is the name of the dentist who treats Stencil?
(c) Dudley Eigenvalue.
7. What is the name of the owner of the bar in Norfolk, Virginia?
(a) Mrs. Boffo.
(c) Pappy Hod.
8. What does Rachel Owlglass do for a living in New York City?
(a) She is an accountant.
(b) She is an interviewer at an employment ﬁrm.
(c) She is a dentist.
(d) She is a receptionist at a law firm.
9. Who is the world adventurer looking for?
(d) A woman he knows as V.
10. What does Pig Bodine tell Benny about the couple Pappy Hod and Paolo?
(a) They were fighting.
(b) They were arriving.
(c) They were happy together.
(d) They split.
11. Who is Esther's lover?
(c) Dr. Schoenmaker.
12. What is the painting that Gaucho is looking at when he is caught?
(a) The Scream.
(b) Birth of Venus.
(c) The Drinker.
(d) The Night Watchman.
13. Where are rumors of a spy called the Gaucho going around?
(a) The Venezuelan consulate.
(b) The White House.
(c) The British embassy.
(d) The Foreign Legion.
14. Who does Rachel live with in her apartment?
(a) Her cat.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Esther and Paola Majistral.
(d) Her mother.
15. When Profane stays at Pig's apartment, what does he wake up to see one night?
(a) A barbecue.
(b) An orgy.
(c) Pig sitting on his motorcycle in the alley, racing the engine.
(d) A suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heroic Love require according to the record executive's wife?
2. What happens when Paola and Profane have sex?
3. What does Rachel do that Benny is afraid of?
4. Who are the Playboys?
5. Who is the world adventurer at the party that Rachel attends?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)