|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pig Bodine tell Benny about the couple Pappy Hod and Paolo?
(a) They were happy together.
(b) They were fighting.
(c) They were arriving.
(d) They split.
2. When Profane stays at Pig's apartment, what does he wake up to see one night?
(a) Pig sitting on his motorcycle in the alley, racing the engine.
(b) An orgy.
(c) A barbecue.
(d) A suicide.
3. What does Rachel say that Stencil wrote in his note?
(a) That he is committing suicide.
(b) That he would be tracing a lead in the sewers.
(c) That he is in love with her.
(d) That he is afraid of Mafia.
4. What is the painting that Gaucho is looking at when he is caught?
(a) The Night Watchman.
(b) The Drinker.
(c) Birth of Venus.
(d) The Scream.
5. Who does Benny meet on the subway in New York?
(a) Tolito, Jose and Kook.
(b) A crazy hobo.
(c) A waif.
(d) A hungry child.
6. Where are rumors of a spy called the Gaucho going around?
(a) The Venezuelan consulate.
(b) The British embassy.
(c) The White House.
(d) The Foreign Legion.
7. By his apparent lack of interest in other women, what does Profane reveal?
(a) His solitary nature.
(b) His devotion to Rachel.
(c) His homosexuality.
(d) His alcoholism.
8. What happens when Paola and Profane have sex?
(a) Paola's husband arrives and kicks them out.
(b) They cannot do it.
(c) Profane starts crying.
(d) They are interrupted by Teflon and his camera.
9. What does Benny give Paola at the bus station?
(a) Rachel's address.
(c) A love letter.
(d) A hug.
10. What is the name of Angel's friend who works with him?
11. What is the name of the man who has a proclivity for young girls that latches on to Porpentine?
(a) Benny Profane.
(b) Jonas Smith.
(c) Maxwell Rowley-Bugge.
(d) Pig Hood.
12. What does Angel do for a living?
(a) He kills people.
(b) He dances in Times Square.
(c) He cooks meat.
(d) He catches alligators in the sewers of New York City.
13. Who does Angel hit in the clubhouse?
(d) His sister.
14. What appalling act does Fina do that Profane abhors?
(b) Commits suicide.
(c) Shoots heroin.
(d) Offers herself to an entire gang.
15. Who is the competitor for Lepsius's business?
(a) His wife.
(b) A sunburned Englishman.
(c) Victoria Wren.
(d) Benny Profane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Benny get an interview?
2. What does Rachel Owlglass do for a living in New York City?
3. What are the names of the two men who are drinking in front of a wine shop in Chapter 7?
4. Who tells V. about Vheissu?
5. Who is Benny's boss who wishes he was a union organizer?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)