|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the world adventurer at the party that Rachel attends?
2. What is the name of the record executive's wife?
3. What does Heroic Love require according to the record executive's wife?
(a) It requires scary feats of human courage.
(b) It requires self-sacrifice.
(c) It requires altruism.
(d) It requires couples to have sex several times a night in varying positions.
4. What is the name of the barmaid who brings Benny Profane a drink at the tavern in Virginia?
5. Who does Evan Godolphin go to visit in April 1899?
(a) His mother, V.
(b) His friend, Joseph Profane.
(c) His seaman, Stencil.
(d) His father, Captain Hugh.
6. When Profane stays at Pig's apartment, what does he wake up to see one night?
(a) Pig sitting on his motorcycle in the alley, racing the engine.
(b) A suicide.
(c) A barbecue.
(d) An orgy.
7. Who is Esther's lover?
(c) Dr. Schoenmaker.
8. What does Rachel say that Stencil wrote in his note?
(a) That he is in love with her.
(b) That he would be tracing a lead in the sewers.
(c) That he is afraid of Mafia.
(d) That he is committing suicide.
9. Who did Stencil meet that talked to him about the sewers and the rat Veronica?
10. Where are rumors of a spy called the Gaucho going around?
(a) The Foreign Legion.
(b) The Venezuelan consulate.
(c) The British embassy.
(d) The White House.
11. Who does Rachel live with in her apartment?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Esther and Paola Majistral.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her cat.
12. What did the priest who tried to convert rats to Catholicism in New York City believe?
(a) He believes in the Anti-Christ.
(b) He believes the rats would one day inherit the earth from humans.
(c) He believes in revenge.
(d) He believes in satire.
13. When the police arrive at the bar, where do Profane, Pig and Paola flee to?
(a) They run away to Greece.
(b) They go to an apartment of another sailor, Morris Teﬂon.
(c) They climb up the fire escape.
(d) They go to the boat.
14. What is V.'s strange reaction to the riots at the embassy that Evan notices and seems to understand?
(a) She wants to shoot the rioters.
(b) She is not affected by the death going on around her.
(c) She takes a nap.
(d) She finds it funny.
15. What collapses on Evan as he tries to leave the building?
(a) His lungs.
(c) The box.
(d) The door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alice?
2. What does the switch on Hugo's body do?
3. Who tells V. about Vheissu?
4. Who is Sir Alistair Wren?
5. Why did Victoria part with her father and her sister?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)