|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Waldetar see crying?
(c) Victoria Wren.
(d) Mildred Wren.
2. What is the name of the pilot who needed facial reconstruction?
(a) Evan Godolphin.
(b) Dr. Schoenmaker.
3. Why does Profane leave Angel and the rest of the crew?
(a) He is scared of them.
(b) He is angry.
(c) Without work, he feels there is no longer a reason to stay with them.
(d) He is bored.
4. What are the two men planning to do that a third man called Gaucho disagrees with?
(a) To start a war.
(b) To enter the Ufﬁzi and steal a painting.
(c) To kidnap the wine owner's daughter.
(d) To enter a cooking competition.
5. Who is Esther's lover?
(b) Dr. Schoenmaker.
6. What does Rachel do that Benny is afraid of?
(c) Drive recklessly.
7. What is the name of the lover of Victoria Wren?
(a) Bill Glass.
(b) McClintic Sphere.
(c) Hugh Bongo-Shaftsbury.
(d) Dr. Schoenmaker.
8. Who are the Playboys?
(a) A military cell.
(b) A spy group.
(c) A street gang.
(d) Pin-up models.
9. What appalling act does Fina do that Profane abhors?
(b) Commits suicide.
(c) Offers herself to an entire gang.
(d) Shoots heroin.
10. By his apparent lack of interest in other women, what does Profane reveal?
(a) His solitary nature.
(b) His homosexuality.
(c) His alcoholism.
(d) His devotion to Rachel.
11. What collapses on Evan as he tries to leave the building?
(a) The door.
(b) His lungs.
(c) The box.
12. What is the name of the man who has a proclivity for young girls that latches on to Porpentine?
(a) Benny Profane.
(b) Maxwell Rowley-Bugge.
(c) Pig Hood.
(d) Jonas Smith.
13. What does Rachel say that Stencil wrote in his note?
(a) That he would be tracing a lead in the sewers.
(b) That he is committing suicide.
(c) That he is in love with her.
(d) That he is afraid of Mafia.
14. Who is Rachel Owlglass?
(a) A supermodel.
(b) Benny's mother.
(c) A tall barmaid.
(d) Rachel was a society girl from Long Island who Profane met in the Catskills.
15. What is Profane worried about when he sees fights among the Playboys and how his friend(s) reconcile them?
(a) That it is violent.
(b) That it keeps getting worse.
(c) That the group worships Fina and what she has to do for them.
(d) That it never ends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Angel hit in the clubhouse?
2. What is the name of the rat that the priest describes in his journal as wanting to be a sister?
3. What is the name of Angel's friend who works with him?
4. Who is Sir Alistair Wren?
5. What does Rachel drive?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)