|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are rumors of a spy called the Gaucho going around?
(a) The White House.
(b) The Venezuelan consulate.
(c) The Foreign Legion.
(d) The British embassy.
2. What does Pig Bodine tell Benny about the couple Pappy Hod and Paolo?
(a) They were happy together.
(b) They were fighting.
(c) They split.
(d) They were arriving.
3. What is the name of the record executive's wife?
4. What does Angel do for a living?
(a) He catches alligators in the sewers of New York City.
(b) He cooks meat.
(c) He kills people.
(d) He dances in Times Square.
5. In a cafe in Egypt, what does the waiter P. Aieul hear two Englishmen talk about?
(a) A coming thunderstorm.
(b) A dance they do not want to miss.
(c) A party at the consulate that night.
(d) A war.
6. What is V.'s strange reaction to the riots at the embassy that Evan notices and seems to understand?
(a) She is not affected by the death going on around her.
(b) She finds it funny.
(c) She takes a nap.
(d) She wants to shoot the rioters.
7. What is the name of the owner of the bar in Norfolk, Virginia?
(b) Pappy Hod.
(d) Mrs. Boffo.
8. What does the switch on Hugo's body do?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Controls his brain and how he acts.
(c) Power up his machine.
(d) Feed him.
9. Who in New York pretends to not know anything about the person that the world adventurer is looking for?
(a) Rachel Owlglass.
(b) Paoloa Mijstral.
(c) Dr. Schoenmaker.
(d) Margaret Sloane.
10. What does Heroic Love require according to the record executive's wife?
(a) It requires self-sacrifice.
(b) It requires couples to have sex several times a night in varying positions.
(c) It requires scary feats of human courage.
(d) It requires altruism.
11. How does Yusef the anarchist gain access at the consulate party in order to gain information about the British?
(a) He breaks the lock.
(b) He works the punch table.
(c) He dates the ambassador's daughter.
(d) He hides in the raft beams.
12. When Profane stays at Pig's apartment, what does he wake up to see one night?
(a) An orgy.
(b) A suicide.
(c) Pig sitting on his motorcycle in the alley, racing the engine.
(d) A barbecue.
13. What happens during "suck hour" at the bar?
(a) Seamen curl up and sleep.
(b) Sailors can drink from rubber breasts attached to beer taps.
(c) Everyone gets a lollipop.
(d) People fight over drinks.
14. Why did Victoria part with her father and her sister?
(a) Because they discovered her affair with Goodfellow.
(b) To meet up with her lover.
(c) To do her duties as a royal spy.
(d) To conduct a secret ceremony.
15. What is the name of the record executive?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Profane leave Angel and the rest of the crew?
2. What does Evan Godolphin think of Vheissu?
3. What is the name of Angel's friend who works with him?
4. Where does Waldetar work as a conductor?
5. What is Vheissu?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)