|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Playboys?
(a) A spy group.
(b) A military cell.
(c) A street gang.
(d) Pin-up models.
2. Which member of the Whole Sick Crew does Rachel sometimes date?
3. Who in New York pretends to not know anything about the person that the world adventurer is looking for?
(a) Paoloa Mijstral.
(b) Dr. Schoenmaker.
(c) Margaret Sloane.
(d) Rachel Owlglass.
4. What is Profane worried about when he sees fights among the Playboys and how his friend(s) reconcile them?
(a) That the group worships Fina and what she has to do for them.
(b) That it never ends.
(c) That it is violent.
(d) That it keeps getting worse.
5. How do Benny and Rachel first meet?
(a) After she almost runs him over outside the restaurant.
(b) At a diving event.
(c) At his mother's house.
(d) At a party.
6. Who is a patient of Dr. Schoenmaker that Rachel pays the bill for?
(a) Benny Profane.
(b) Paola Malta.
(c) Esther Harvitz.
(d) Jill Odenbecker.
7. What does Angel's sister offer to Profane that he rejects?
8. Who is Alice?
(a) A young girl who Maxwell once loved that Victoria reminds him of.
(b) The daughter of the ambassador.
(c) A British opera singer.
(d) The missing child of Sir Wren.
9. Where does Waldetar work as a conductor?
(a) The Siberian railroad.
(b) The Egyptian opera.
(c) The British Philharmonic society.
(d) The Alexandria and Cairo express train.
10. Who is Dr. Shale Schoenmaker?
(a) A plastic surgeon.
(b) A cardiovascular surgeon.
(c) A podiatrist.
(d) A dentist.
11. What happens during "suck hour" at the bar?
(a) Everyone gets a lollipop.
(b) Seamen curl up and sleep.
(c) People fight over drinks.
(d) Sailors can drink from rubber breasts attached to beer taps.
12. On the last night before he leaves the Catskills, what does Benny see Rachel doing when he goes to talk to her?
(a) Hurting herself.
(c) Fighting with her boyfriend.
(d) Talking to her car.
13. What apparently had Paola done by marrying Pappy Hod?
(a) Come to America.
(b) Overcome her alcoholism.
(c) Fall in love.
(d) Cheat on her husband.
14. With whom does Benny attend a New Year's party on a boat?
15. What is the name of the rat that the priest describes in his journal as wanting to be a sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Esther's lover?
2. What is the name of the record executive's wife?
3. Why did Victoria part with her father and her sister?
4. When Captain Hugh leaves Victoria's room, who does he see in a florist shop outside?
5. Who does the Whole Sick Crew listen to at a jazz bar in Chapter 2?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)