|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the painting that Gaucho is looking at when he is caught?
(a) The Scream.
(b) The Night Watchman.
(c) The Drinker.
(d) Birth of Venus.
2. Who is Esther's lover?
(a) Dr. Schoenmaker.
3. What is the name of the tavern that Benny Profane enters in Norfolk, Virginia on Christmas Eve, 1955?
(a) Mermaid Tavern.
(b) Butch Cat.
(d) Sailor's Grave.
4. What does Rachel say that Stencil wrote in his note?
(a) That he is afraid of Mafia.
(b) That he is committing suicide.
(c) That he is in love with her.
(d) That he would be tracing a lead in the sewers.
5. What is Profane worried about when he sees fights among the Playboys and how his friend(s) reconcile them?
(a) That it is violent.
(b) That the group worships Fina and what she has to do for them.
(c) That it never ends.
(d) That it keeps getting worse.
6. Who is Dr. Shale Schoenmaker?
(a) A podiatrist.
(b) A plastic surgeon.
(c) A dentist.
(d) A cardiovascular surgeon.
7. Who is Mildred?
(a) Victoria's nemesis.
(b) Victoria's sister.
(c) Victoria's aunt.
(d) Victoria's mother.
8. What are the two men planning to do that a third man called Gaucho disagrees with?
(a) To enter a cooking competition.
(b) To kidnap the wine owner's daughter.
(c) To start a war.
(d) To enter the Ufﬁzi and steal a painting.
9. What apparently had Paola done by marrying Pappy Hod?
(a) Fall in love.
(b) Overcome her alcoholism.
(c) Cheat on her husband.
(d) Come to America.
10. How do Benny and Rachel first meet?
(a) At his mother's house.
(b) At a diving event.
(c) After she almost runs him over outside the restaurant.
(d) At a party.
11. What is V.'s strange reaction to the riots at the embassy that Evan notices and seems to understand?
(a) She wants to shoot the rioters.
(b) She takes a nap.
(c) She is not affected by the death going on around her.
(d) She finds it funny.
12. Who does Rachel see sneaking out of the apartment in her coat?
13. Who is Sir Alistair Wren?
(a) A knighted singer.
(b) A member of English Parliament and father of Victoria Wren.
(c) A British spy.
(d) The British Prime Minister.
14. What does Heroic Love require according to the record executive's wife?
(a) It requires couples to have sex several times a night in varying positions.
(b) It requires altruism.
(c) It requires self-sacrifice.
(d) It requires scary feats of human courage.
15. What happens when Paola and Profane have sex?
(a) Paola's husband arrives and kicks them out.
(b) Profane starts crying.
(c) They are interrupted by Teflon and his camera.
(d) They cannot do it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Captain Hugh leaves Victoria's room, who does he see in a florist shop outside?
2. When Evan arrives at his father's door, what does he find?
3. With whom does Benny attend a New Year's party on a boat?
4. What is the name of the record executive's wife?
5. What does Angel's sister offer to Profane that he rejects?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)