|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the police arrive at the bar, where do Profane, Pig and Paola flee to?
(a) They run away to Greece.
(b) They go to the boat.
(c) They go to an apartment of another sailor, Morris Teﬂon.
(d) They climb up the fire escape.
2. What does Heroic Love require according to the record executive's wife?
(a) It requires scary feats of human courage.
(b) It requires self-sacrifice.
(c) It requires altruism.
(d) It requires couples to have sex several times a night in varying positions.
3. Who is the world adventurer looking for?
(d) A woman he knows as V.
4. When Captain Hugh leaves Victoria's room, who does he see in a florist shop outside?
(c) Signor Mantissa.
5. Who is Esther's lover?
(d) Dr. Schoenmaker.
6. What is Vheissu?
(a) A place where rules do not hold sway.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A fountain.
(d) A drink.
7. What does the dentist show Stencil?
(a) A book.
(b) A stack of letters from V.
(c) A pair of dentures that will only ﬁt one person.
(d) A film.
8. Who is the world adventurer at the party that Rachel attends?
9. When Evan arrives at his father's door, what does he find?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A key.
(c) A note that only says his name.
(d) A box.
10. Who is Sir Alistair Wren?
(a) A member of English Parliament and father of Victoria Wren.
(b) A British spy.
(c) A knighted singer.
(d) The British Prime Minister.
11. What does Rachel drive?
(a) 1929 Buick.
(b) 1955 Camry.
(c) 1940 Ford T model.
(d) 1954 MG.
12. Who does Benny meet on the subway in New York?
(a) A hungry child.
(b) A crazy hobo.
(c) Tolito, Jose and Kook.
(d) A waif.
13. Where does Waldetar work as a conductor?
(a) The Alexandria and Cairo express train.
(b) The Egyptian opera.
(c) The Siberian railroad.
(d) The British Philharmonic society.
14. What is the name of the man who has a proclivity for young girls that latches on to Porpentine?
(a) Jonas Smith.
(b) Maxwell Rowley-Bugge.
(c) Pig Hood.
(d) Benny Profane.
15. Who is Fina?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) The sister of Tolito, Jose, and Kook.
(c) A child on the subway.
(d) A chess player.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yusef the anarchist gain access at the consulate party in order to gain information about the British?
2. Who does Rachel live with in her apartment?
3. Who is Mildred?
4. When Benny goes down to the ship's deck to warm up, what does he play with the night watchman?
5. What is the name of the record executive?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)