|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Captain Hugh leaves Victoria's room, who does he see in a florist shop outside?
(b) Signor Mantissa.
2. What is a strange habit of the seaman who Benny recognizes in the bar from the Navy?
(a) He chews his foot.
(b) He sleeps upside down.
(c) He wears a toupe.
(d) He likes to bite the buttocks of barmaids.
3. Who is the competitor for Lepsius's business?
(a) A sunburned Englishman.
(b) His wife.
(c) Benny Profane.
(d) Victoria Wren.
4. Who is Alice?
(a) The daughter of the ambassador.
(b) A British opera singer.
(c) The missing child of Sir Wren.
(d) A young girl who Maxwell once loved that Victoria reminds him of.
5. Who is the world adventurer looking for?
(a) A woman he knows as V.
6. What are the names of the two men who are drinking in front of a wine shop in Chapter 7?
(a) Profane and Pig.
(b) Signor Mantissa and Cesare.
(c) Mafia and Winsome.
(d) Evan and Hood.
7. What is the name of the tavern that Benny Profane enters in Norfolk, Virginia on Christmas Eve, 1955?
(a) Mermaid Tavern.
(b) Butch Cat.
(d) Sailor's Grave.
8. What is the name of the lover of Victoria Wren?
(a) Dr. Schoenmaker.
(b) McClintic Sphere.
(c) Hugh Bongo-Shaftsbury.
(d) Bill Glass.
9. What is Vheissu?
(a) A fountain.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A drink.
(d) A place where rules do not hold sway.
10. Who is a patient of Dr. Schoenmaker that Rachel pays the bill for?
(a) Jill Odenbecker.
(b) Esther Harvitz.
(c) Paola Malta.
(d) Benny Profane.
11. Who is Mildred?
(a) Victoria's aunt.
(b) Victoria's mother.
(c) Victoria's nemesis.
(d) Victoria's sister.
12. Why did Victoria part with her father and her sister?
(a) To meet up with her lover.
(b) Because they discovered her affair with Goodfellow.
(c) To do her duties as a royal spy.
(d) To conduct a secret ceremony.
13. Who tells V. about Vheissu?
(c) Sir Wren.
(d) Captain Hugh.
14. What happens during "suck hour" at the bar?
(a) Everyone gets a lollipop.
(b) People fight over drinks.
(c) Seamen curl up and sleep.
(d) Sailors can drink from rubber breasts attached to beer taps.
15. What is the name of the dentist who treats Stencil?
(c) Dudley Eigenvalue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Fina?
2. What does Angel's sister offer to Profane that he rejects?
3. Who does Waldetar see crying?
4. What does Gaucho offer the two men to help them succeed in their plan?
5. Where are rumors of a spy called the Gaucho going around?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)