Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Whole Sick Crew listen to at a jazz bar in Chapter 2?
(a) Rachel Owglass.
(b) McClintic Sphere.
(c) Dr. Schoenmaker.
(d) Paola Mijstral.
2. What is the name of the pilot who needed facial reconstruction?
(a) Dr. Schoenmaker.
(c) Evan Godolphin.
3. What are Mantissa, Cesare, and the Gaucho about to do when Mantissa has a change of heart, forcing them all to flee?
(a) Shoot the rioters.
(b) Steal the painting of the Birth of Venus.
(c) Break into the Venezuelan embassy.
(d) Kidnap V.
4. What are the names of the two men who are drinking in front of a wine shop in Chapter 7?
(a) Profane and Pig.
(b) Evan and Hood.
(c) Signor Mantissa and Cesare.
(d) Mafia and Winsome.
5. When Benny chases after an alligator alone, what is the area that he enters?
(a) Staten Island.
(b) Fairing's Parish.
(d) New York subway system.
6. What appalling act does Fina do that Profane abhors?
(a) Shoots heroin.
(b) Offers herself to an entire gang.
(c) Commits suicide.
7. What is the name of Angel's friend who works with him?
8. Where does Benny find Paola after spending time with the night watchman?
(a) On the deck.
(b) At the ferry.
(c) Standing on the beam.
(d) In the bathroom.
9. Who is a patient of Dr. Schoenmaker that Rachel pays the bill for?
(a) Paola Malta.
(b) Esther Harvitz.
(c) Jill Odenbecker.
(d) Benny Profane.
10. What does Angel's sister offer to Profane that he rejects?
11. Who are the members of the Whole Sick Crew?
(a) Pig, Benny, Rachel, Mrs. Boor.
(b) Sloane, Slab, Benny, and Rachel.
(c) Slab, Raoul, Melvin, Winsome, Charisma, and Fu.
(d) Benny, Joon, Rachel, and Paola.
12. What is the name of the lover of Victoria Wren?
(a) McClintic Sphere.
(b) Hugh Bongo-Shaftsbury.
(c) Bill Glass.
(d) Dr. Schoenmaker.
13. When Evan arrives at his father's door, what does he find?
(a) A note that only says his name.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A key.
(d) A box.
14. Which member of the Whole Sick Crew does Rachel sometimes date?
15. What does Evan Godolphin think of Vheissu?
(a) That it is imaginary.
(b) That it is comforting.
(c) That it is scary.
(d) That it is dream-like.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a cafe in Egypt, what does the waiter P. Aieul hear two Englishmen talk about?
2. What does Heroic Love require according to the record executive's wife?
3. With whom does Benny attend a New Year's party on a boat?
4. What is the name of the dentist who treats Stencil?
5. What is the name of the man who has a proclivity for young girls that latches on to Porpentine?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)