|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Stencil link V. to a conspiracy?
(a) Alexandria, Egypt.
(b) Florence, Italy.
(c) Madrid, Spain.
(d) Macchu Picchu, Peru.
2. What happens during "suck hour" at the bar?
(a) Sailors can drink from rubber breasts attached to beer taps.
(b) Everyone gets a lollipop.
(c) People fight over drinks.
(d) Seamen curl up and sleep.
3. What is the name of the owner of the bar in Norfolk, Virginia?
(b) Pappy Hod.
(c) Mrs. Boffo.
4. Who is the world adventurer at the party that Rachel attends?
5. What is the painting that Gaucho is looking at when he is caught?
(a) The Drinker.
(b) The Scream.
(c) Birth of Venus.
(d) The Night Watchman.
6. What is Profane worried about when he sees fights among the Playboys and how his friend(s) reconcile them?
(a) That it keeps getting worse.
(b) That it is violent.
(c) That it never ends.
(d) That the group worships Fina and what she has to do for them.
7. Who is Dr. Shale Schoenmaker?
(a) A cardiovascular surgeon.
(b) A dentist.
(c) A podiatrist.
(d) A plastic surgeon.
8. Which member of the Whole Sick Crew does Rachel sometimes date?
9. What does Evan Godolphin think of Vheissu?
(a) That it is comforting.
(b) That it is dream-like.
(c) That it is scary.
(d) That it is imaginary.
10. Who did Stencil meet that talked to him about the sewers and the rat Veronica?
11. Who does Evan Godolphin go to visit in April 1899?
(a) His seaman, Stencil.
(b) His mother, V.
(c) His friend, Joseph Profane.
(d) His father, Captain Hugh.
12. What apparently had Paola done by marrying Pappy Hod?
(a) Cheat on her husband.
(b) Fall in love.
(c) Overcome her alcoholism.
(d) Come to America.
13. What does Heroic Love require according to the record executive's wife?
(a) It requires self-sacrifice.
(b) It requires couples to have sex several times a night in varying positions.
(c) It requires scary feats of human courage.
(d) It requires altruism.
14. What is Lepsius wearing at the party?
(a) Blue-tinted eyeglasses.
(b) A carmelian rose.
(c) A cravat.
(d) A gun holster.
15. What does Pig Bodine tell Benny about the couple Pappy Hod and Paolo?
(a) They were happy together.
(b) They split.
(c) They were fighting.
(d) They were arriving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the tavern that Benny Profane enters in Norfolk, Virginia on Christmas Eve, 1955?
2. What does Gaucho offer the two men to help them succeed in their plan?
3. Who is Porpentine?
4. What is V.'s strange reaction to the riots at the embassy that Evan notices and seems to understand?
5. What is the name of the lover of Victoria Wren?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)