|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel say that Stencil wrote in his note?
(a) That he is in love with her.
(b) That he is afraid of Mafia.
(c) That he is committing suicide.
(d) That he would be tracing a lead in the sewers.
2. What collapses on Evan as he tries to leave the building?
(a) The box.
(b) His lungs.
(d) The door.
3. Who is Goodfellow?
(a) Her father's code name.
(b) A British spy.
(c) An Englishman that Victoria is secretly having an affair with.
(d) An English wrestler living in Egypt.
4. What does Angel's sister offer to Profane that he rejects?
5. What does Angel find in the clubhouse that makes him furious?
(a) Broken dolls.
(b) A stash of money.
(c) His sister naked on a mattress.
(d) A dead cat.
6. Why does Profane leave Angel and the rest of the crew?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is scared of them.
(c) He is bored.
(d) Without work, he feels there is no longer a reason to stay with them.
7. Who is Esther's lover?
(b) Dr. Schoenmaker.
8. Who are the Playboys?
(a) A military cell.
(b) A street gang.
(c) A spy group.
(d) Pin-up models.
9. Who does Evan Godolphin go to visit in April 1899?
(a) His seaman, Stencil.
(b) His mother, V.
(c) His friend, Joseph Profane.
(d) His father, Captain Hugh.
10. When Evan arrives at his father's door, what does he find?
(a) A note that only says his name.
(b) A box.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A key.
11. Which member of the Whole Sick Crew does Rachel sometimes date?
12. Who tells V. about Vheissu?
(a) Captain Hugh.
(b) Sir Wren.
13. When Captain Hugh leaves Victoria's room, who does he see in a florist shop outside?
(d) Signor Mantissa.
14. Who calls Benny's name on the loudspeaker at the bus station?
15. Who is Dr. Shale Schoenmaker?
(a) A cardiovascular surgeon.
(b) A dentist.
(c) A plastic surgeon.
(d) A podiatrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Angel hit in the clubhouse?
2. What are the two men planning to do that a third man called Gaucho disagrees with?
3. What is Profane worried about when he sees fights among the Playboys and how his friend(s) reconcile them?
4. What is the name of the record executive's wife?
5. What is the name of the barmaid who brings Benny Profane a drink at the tavern in Virginia?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)