|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Vheissu?
(a) A drink.
(b) A fountain.
(c) A volcano.
(d) A place where rules do not hold sway.
2. What is the painting that Gaucho is looking at when he is caught?
(a) The Night Watchman.
(b) The Drinker.
(c) The Scream.
(d) Birth of Venus.
3. With whom does Benny attend a New Year's party on a boat?
4. How and where was Stencil shot?
(a) He was shot in the arm with a tranquilizer.
(b) He was shot in the face with a .45 muzzle.
(c) He was shot in the leg with a rifle.
(d) He was hit in the buttock by the shotgun blast.
5. Who does the Whole Sick Crew listen to at a jazz bar in Chapter 2?
(a) Dr. Schoenmaker.
(b) McClintic Sphere.
(c) Paola Mijstral.
(d) Rachel Owglass.
6. What is the name of the rat that the priest describes in his journal as wanting to be a sister?
7. What is the name of the dentist who treats Stencil?
(b) Dudley Eigenvalue.
8. In a cafe in Egypt, what does the waiter P. Aieul hear two Englishmen talk about?
(a) A coming thunderstorm.
(b) A party at the consulate that night.
(c) A dance they do not want to miss.
(d) A war.
9. Who does Evan Godolphin go to visit in April 1899?
(a) His friend, Joseph Profane.
(b) His father, Captain Hugh.
(c) His seaman, Stencil.
(d) His mother, V.
10. Who is Alice?
(a) The missing child of Sir Wren.
(b) A young girl who Maxwell once loved that Victoria reminds him of.
(c) A British opera singer.
(d) The daughter of the ambassador.
11. Who does Rachel live with in her apartment?
(a) Esther and Paola Majistral.
(b) Her cat.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her boyfriend.
12. When Benny chases after an alligator alone, what is the area that he enters?
(a) Fairing's Parish.
(b) New York subway system.
(d) Staten Island.
13. Who tells V. about Vheissu?
(a) Captain Hugh.
(c) Sir Wren.
14. Where does Waldetar work as a conductor?
(a) The British Philharmonic society.
(b) The Egyptian opera.
(c) The Alexandria and Cairo express train.
(d) The Siberian railroad.
15. Who is Benny's boss who wishes he was a union organizer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Benny's name on the loudspeaker at the bus station?
2. Who are the members of the Whole Sick Crew?
3. What is a strange habit of the seaman who Benny recognizes in the bar from the Navy?
4. Who are the Playboys?
5. Where does Benny find Paola after spending time with the night watchman?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)