|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel do that Benny is afraid of?
(c) Drive recklessly.
2. What does Paola offer that Fina does not for Profane?
(c) A deeper connection.
3. Who is Benny's boss who wishes he was a union organizer?
4. Who does Benny meet on the subway in New York?
(a) A hungry child.
(b) A crazy hobo.
(c) Tolito, Jose and Kook.
(d) A waif.
5. Who is Mildred?
(a) Victoria's aunt.
(b) Victoria's nemesis.
(c) Victoria's sister.
(d) Victoria's mother.
6. Who calls Benny's name on the loudspeaker at the bus station?
7. What does Gaucho offer the two men to help them succeed in their plan?
(a) A key.
(b) A bomb.
(c) Some money.
(d) A car.
8. What is the painting that Gaucho is looking at when he is caught?
(a) Birth of Venus.
(b) The Night Watchman.
(c) The Drinker.
(d) The Scream.
9. What does the switch on Hugo's body do?
(a) Feed him.
(b) Controls his brain and how he acts.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Power up his machine.
10. Who does Angel hit in the clubhouse?
(d) His sister.
11. Who in New York pretends to not know anything about the person that the world adventurer is looking for?
(a) Rachel Owlglass.
(b) Dr. Schoenmaker.
(c) Paoloa Mijstral.
(d) Margaret Sloane.
12. What is the name of the barmaid who brings Benny Profane a drink at the tavern in Virginia?
13. When Benny goes down to the ship's deck to warm up, what does he play with the night watchman?
(d) A game of cat and mouse.
14. Who is Rachel Owlglass?
(a) Benny's mother.
(b) A supermodel.
(c) Rachel was a society girl from Long Island who Profane met in the Catskills.
(d) A tall barmaid.
15. When Captain Hugh leaves Victoria's room, who does he see in a florist shop outside?
(b) Signor Mantissa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Benny and Rachel first meet?
2. Who is Porpentine?
3. What is the name of the lover of Victoria Wren?
4. What is a strange habit of the seaman who Benny recognizes in the bar from the Navy?
5. What is the name of the man who has a proclivity for young girls that latches on to Porpentine?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)