|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the switch on Hugo's body do?
(a) Feed him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Controls his brain and how he acts.
(d) Power up his machine.
2. What did the priest who tried to convert rats to Catholicism in New York City believe?
(a) He believes in the Anti-Christ.
(b) He believes in satire.
(c) He believes the rats would one day inherit the earth from humans.
(d) He believes in revenge.
3. Who are the members of the Whole Sick Crew?
(a) Slab, Raoul, Melvin, Winsome, Charisma, and Fu.
(b) Benny, Joon, Rachel, and Paola.
(c) Pig, Benny, Rachel, Mrs. Boor.
(d) Sloane, Slab, Benny, and Rachel.
4. What is the name of the lover of Victoria Wren?
(a) McClintic Sphere.
(b) Dr. Schoenmaker.
(c) Hugh Bongo-Shaftsbury.
(d) Bill Glass.
5. What does Rachel Owlglass do for a living in New York City?
(a) She is an interviewer at an employment ﬁrm.
(b) She is a receptionist at a law firm.
(c) She is a dentist.
(d) She is an accountant.
6. Who does Benny meet on the subway in New York?
(a) Tolito, Jose and Kook.
(b) A hungry child.
(c) A waif.
(d) A crazy hobo.
7. Who does Rachel live with in her apartment?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Esther and Paola Majistral.
(c) Her cat.
(d) Her boyfriend.
8. Where does Stencil link V. to a conspiracy?
(a) Florence, Italy.
(b) Madrid, Spain.
(c) Alexandria, Egypt.
(d) Macchu Picchu, Peru.
9. Who does Evan Godolphin go to visit in April 1899?
(a) His seaman, Stencil.
(b) His father, Captain Hugh.
(c) His friend, Joseph Profane.
(d) His mother, V.
10. When Evan arrives at his father's door, what does he find?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A note that only says his name.
(c) A box.
(d) A key.
11. When Benny goes down to the ship's deck to warm up, what does he play with the night watchman?
(a) A game of cat and mouse.
12. What does Pig Bodine tell Benny about the couple Pappy Hod and Paolo?
(a) They split.
(b) They were fighting.
(c) They were happy together.
(d) They were arriving.
13. What does Gaucho offer the two men to help them succeed in their plan?
(a) A key.
(b) A car.
(c) A bomb.
(d) Some money.
14. What apparently had Paola done by marrying Pappy Hod?
(a) Fall in love.
(b) Overcome her alcoholism.
(c) Come to America.
(d) Cheat on her husband.
15. When Benny chases after an alligator alone, what is the area that he enters?
(a) Fairing's Parish.
(b) Staten Island.
(c) New York subway system.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Whole Sick Crew listen to at a jazz bar in Chapter 2?
2. Who is Dr. Shale Schoenmaker?
3. What is the name of the rat that the priest describes in his journal as wanting to be a sister?
4. What is the name of the record executive?
5. Who is Benny's boss who wishes he was a union organizer?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)