|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the world adventurer at the party that Rachel attends?
2. What is the name of the man who has a proclivity for young girls that latches on to Porpentine?
(a) Benny Profane.
(b) Jonas Smith.
(c) Pig Hood.
(d) Maxwell Rowley-Bugge.
3. On the last night before he leaves the Catskills, what does Benny see Rachel doing when he goes to talk to her?
(a) Hurting herself.
(c) Fighting with her boyfriend.
(d) Talking to her car.
4. Why does Profane leave Angel and the rest of the crew?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is scared of them.
(c) He is bored.
(d) Without work, he feels there is no longer a reason to stay with them.
5. Who are the members of the Whole Sick Crew?
(a) Benny, Joon, Rachel, and Paola.
(b) Pig, Benny, Rachel, Mrs. Boor.
(c) Sloane, Slab, Benny, and Rachel.
(d) Slab, Raoul, Melvin, Winsome, Charisma, and Fu.
6. How do Benny and Rachel first meet?
(a) At a party.
(b) At a diving event.
(c) At his mother's house.
(d) After she almost runs him over outside the restaurant.
7. Who calls Benny's name on the loudspeaker at the bus station?
8. What are Mantissa, Cesare, and the Gaucho about to do when Mantissa has a change of heart, forcing them all to flee?
(a) Break into the Venezuelan embassy.
(b) Shoot the rioters.
(c) Kidnap V.
(d) Steal the painting of the Birth of Venus.
9. What does Angel do for a living?
(a) He cooks meat.
(b) He catches alligators in the sewers of New York City.
(c) He dances in Times Square.
(d) He kills people.
10. Who is the world adventurer looking for?
(d) A woman he knows as V.
11. What does Benny give Paola at the bus station?
(b) A love letter.
(c) A hug.
(d) Rachel's address.
12. Where does Benny find Paola after spending time with the night watchman?
(a) Standing on the beam.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) At the ferry.
(d) On the deck.
13. What does Rachel say that Stencil wrote in his note?
(a) That he is in love with her.
(b) That he is afraid of Mafia.
(c) That he would be tracing a lead in the sewers.
(d) That he is committing suicide.
14. What happens during "suck hour" at the bar?
(a) Sailors can drink from rubber breasts attached to beer taps.
(b) People fight over drinks.
(c) Everyone gets a lollipop.
(d) Seamen curl up and sleep.
15. What is the name of the owner of the bar in Norfolk, Virginia?
(b) Mrs. Boffo.
(c) Pappy Hod.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Angel's friend who works with him?
2. Who is Rachel Owlglass?
3. What does Rachel Owlglass do for a living in New York City?
4. Who does Benny meet on the subway in New York?
5. What does Evan Godolphin think of Vheissu?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)