|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is a patient of Dr. Schoenmaker that Rachel pays the bill for?
(a) Jill Odenbecker.
(b) Esther Harvitz.
(c) Benny Profane.
(d) Paola Malta.
2. Who is Mildred?
(a) Victoria's aunt.
(b) Victoria's mother.
(c) Victoria's sister.
(d) Victoria's nemesis.
3. Where does Benny find Paola after spending time with the night watchman?
(a) At the ferry.
(b) Standing on the beam.
(c) On the deck.
(d) In the bathroom.
4. What happens when Paola and Profane have sex?
(a) They are interrupted by Teflon and his camera.
(b) They cannot do it.
(c) Profane starts crying.
(d) Paola's husband arrives and kicks them out.
5. What apparently had Paola done by marrying Pappy Hod?
(a) Fall in love.
(b) Overcome her alcoholism.
(c) Cheat on her husband.
(d) Come to America.
6. How and where was Stencil shot?
(a) He was shot in the leg with a rifle.
(b) He was shot in the arm with a tranquilizer.
(c) He was shot in the face with a .45 muzzle.
(d) He was hit in the buttock by the shotgun blast.
7. What collapses on Evan as he tries to leave the building?
(a) The door.
(b) His lungs.
(c) The box.
8. By his apparent lack of interest in other women, what does Profane reveal?
(a) His homosexuality.
(b) His solitary nature.
(c) His devotion to Rachel.
(d) His alcoholism.
9. What is the name of the pilot who needed facial reconstruction?
(c) Evan Godolphin.
(d) Dr. Schoenmaker.
10. Who does Evan Godolphin go to visit in April 1899?
(a) His friend, Joseph Profane.
(b) His mother, V.
(c) His father, Captain Hugh.
(d) His seaman, Stencil.
11. What does Rachel drive?
(a) 1954 MG.
(b) 1940 Ford T model.
(c) 1929 Buick.
(d) 1955 Camry.
12. Who is Benny's boss who wishes he was a union organizer?
13. Who is the competitor for Lepsius's business?
(a) His wife.
(b) A sunburned Englishman.
(c) Benny Profane.
(d) Victoria Wren.
14. Who does Benny drink with that gets attracted to him in Chapter 6?
15. What does Gaucho offer the two men to help them succeed in their plan?
(a) A key.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A car.
(d) Some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the members of the Whole Sick Crew?
2. What is the name of the dentist who treats Stencil?
3. Who is Rachel Owlglass?
4. Who in New York pretends to not know anything about the person that the world adventurer is looking for?
5. What is the name of the record executive?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)