|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Goodfellow?
(a) An English wrestler living in Egypt.
(b) An Englishman that Victoria is secretly having an affair with.
(c) A British spy.
(d) Her father's code name.
2. Where does Benny find Paola after spending time with the night watchman?
(a) On the deck.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) Standing on the beam.
(d) At the ferry.
3. What does Rachel do that Benny is afraid of?
(d) Drive recklessly.
4. What does Rachel Owlglass do for a living in New York City?
(a) She is an interviewer at an employment ﬁrm.
(b) She is a receptionist at a law firm.
(c) She is an accountant.
(d) She is a dentist.
5. When the police arrive at the bar, where do Profane, Pig and Paola flee to?
(a) They go to an apartment of another sailor, Morris Teﬂon.
(b) They run away to Greece.
(c) They climb up the fire escape.
(d) They go to the boat.
6. Where does Stencil link V. to a conspiracy?
(a) Florence, Italy.
(b) Madrid, Spain.
(c) Alexandria, Egypt.
(d) Macchu Picchu, Peru.
7. Who does Rachel see sneaking out of the apartment in her coat?
8. What does Paola offer that Fina does not for Profane?
(a) A deeper connection.
9. Why does Profane leave Angel and the rest of the crew?
(a) He is scared of them.
(b) He is angry.
(c) Without work, he feels there is no longer a reason to stay with them.
(d) He is bored.
10. What is the name of the owner of the bar in Norfolk, Virginia?
(b) Pappy Hod.
(d) Mrs. Boffo.
11. What is the name of the pilot who needed facial reconstruction?
(c) Evan Godolphin.
(d) Dr. Schoenmaker.
12. What is Vheissu?
(a) A place where rules do not hold sway.
(b) A drink.
(c) A volcano.
(d) A fountain.
13. Who is Rachel Owlglass?
(a) Benny's mother.
(b) A tall barmaid.
(c) A supermodel.
(d) Rachel was a society girl from Long Island who Profane met in the Catskills.
14. Who is the world adventurer looking for?
(d) A woman he knows as V.
15. What is Profane worried about when he sees fights among the Playboys and how his friend(s) reconcile them?
(a) That it never ends.
(b) That the group worships Fina and what she has to do for them.
(c) That it is violent.
(d) That it keeps getting worse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yusef the anarchist gain access at the consulate party in order to gain information about the British?
2. What does Angel's sister offer to Profane that he rejects?
3. What is the name of the dentist who treats Stencil?
4. How do Benny and Rachel first meet?
5. What does the switch on Hugo's body do?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)