|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the barmaid who brings Benny Profane a drink at the tavern in Virginia?
2. What is the name of the record executive's wife?
3. What does the switch on Hugo's body do?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Power up his machine.
(c) Feed him.
(d) Controls his brain and how he acts.
4. What is Profane worried about when he sees fights among the Playboys and how his friend(s) reconcile them?
(a) That it is violent.
(b) That the group worships Fina and what she has to do for them.
(c) That it keeps getting worse.
(d) That it never ends.
5. What is Vheissu?
(a) A place where rules do not hold sway.
(b) A drink.
(c) A fountain.
(d) A volcano.
6. What apparently had Paola done by marrying Pappy Hod?
(a) Fall in love.
(b) Cheat on her husband.
(c) Overcome her alcoholism.
(d) Come to America.
7. How does Yusef the anarchist gain access at the consulate party in order to gain information about the British?
(a) He dates the ambassador's daughter.
(b) He hides in the raft beams.
(c) He breaks the lock.
(d) He works the punch table.
8. Who does Rachel live with in her apartment?
(a) Her cat.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Esther and Paola Majistral.
(d) Her boyfriend.
9. What does Angel do for a living?
(a) He cooks meat.
(b) He catches alligators in the sewers of New York City.
(c) He dances in Times Square.
(d) He kills people.
10. By his apparent lack of interest in other women, what does Profane reveal?
(a) His alcoholism.
(b) His solitary nature.
(c) His homosexuality.
(d) His devotion to Rachel.
11. Who does Waldetar see crying?
(a) Victoria Wren.
(b) Mildred Wren.
12. Who is Goodfellow?
(a) An English wrestler living in Egypt.
(b) A British spy.
(c) An Englishman that Victoria is secretly having an affair with.
(d) Her father's code name.
13. Who is the competitor for Lepsius's business?
(a) Benny Profane.
(b) A sunburned Englishman.
(c) Victoria Wren.
(d) His wife.
14. Who is Benny's boss who wishes he was a union organizer?
15. When Captain Hugh leaves Victoria's room, who does he see in a florist shop outside?
(d) Signor Mantissa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who has a proclivity for young girls that latches on to Porpentine?
2. Who calls Benny's name on the loudspeaker at the bus station?
3. What appalling act does Fina do that Profane abhors?
4. On the last night before he leaves the Catskills, what does Benny see Rachel doing when he goes to talk to her?
5. Where does Stencil link V. to a conspiracy?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)