|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Valletta, and Epilogue, 1919.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Benny find Paola after spending time with the night watchman?
(a) Standing on the beam.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) On the deck.
(d) At the ferry.
2. While Esther tries to run to the plane, who gets in a fight at the airport?
(a) Winsome and Mafia.
(b) Rachel and Slab.
(c) Pig and Benny.
(d) Benny and Paola.
3. What collapses on Evan as he tries to leave the building?
(b) The door.
(c) His lungs.
(d) The box.
4. What does Rachel say that Profane is too wrapped up in that will prevent him from truly loving a woman?
(b) The idea of himself as a schlemihl.
5. What kind of building is Fausto Maijstral in that he describes in his letter?
(a) One with seven stories.
(b) One that sells cars.
(c) One that was bombed during World War I.
(d) One that houses dead people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel tell Profane that he must convince Esther to do or not do?
2. Who is the caretaker with a mutilated face that Stencil recognizes in Malta?
3. Where do the police take Winsome after he jumps from the first floor into their net?
4. Who is Fina?
5. Who tells V. about Vheissu?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)