1. What is the name of the tavern that Benny Profane enters in Norfolk, Virginia on Christmas Eve, 1955?
(a) Sailor's Grave.
(b) Mermaid Tavern.
(c) Butch Cat.
2. What is the name of the barmaid who brings Benny Profane a drink at the tavern in Virginia?
3. What is a strange habit of the seaman who Benny recognizes in the bar from the Navy?
(a) He wears a toupe.
(b) He likes to bite the buttocks of barmaids.
(c) He sleeps upside down.
(d) He chews his foot.
4. What happens during "suck hour" at the bar?
(a) Everyone gets a lollipop.
(b) Seamen curl up and sleep.
(c) People fight over drinks.
(d) Sailors can drink from rubber breasts attached to beer taps.
5. What does Pig Bodine tell Benny about the couple Pappy Hod and Paolo?
(a) They were happy together.
(b) They split.
(c) They were fighting.
(d) They were arriving.
6. What apparently had Paola done by marrying Pappy Hod?
(a) Fall in love.
(b) Come to America.
(c) Cheat on her husband.
(d) Overcome her alcoholism.
This section contains 4,449 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)