|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does V say that he knows what happened to Gordon?
2. After V dies, who is the second person Evey imagines V may be?
3. After Dominic reads the love letters, what does he tell Adam Susan?
4. After V dies, who does Evey first imagine V may be?
5. Who kills Conrad?
Short Essay Questions
1. After V's radio broadcast, how do people react to their new freedom?
2. Explain why V says that Evey has been "in a prison all her life."
3. When the guard gives Evey one last chance to give in, what does she say, and what does this say about her character?
4. What reason does Mr. Finch give for taking acid, and what other issues cause him to do this?
5. Who does Evey realize must be under the mask, and how does she react?
6. Why does Mr. Finch lie to Dominic about the details of V's death?
7. What two people does Evey initially imagine V to be after V dies, and why do you think she does this?
8. How does Helen react when she sees Conrad injured, and what does this say about her as a character?
9. How does Evey describe the new order of V?
10. Why does V take Evey to the roof?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is it so easy for the fascists to seize control of the government? What factors make the people embrace their policies (at least at first)?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Evey unable to become V's replacement until the end of the story? Describe the knowledge that V imparts to Evey throughout the story.
Essay Topic 3
For what reasons do V imprison Evey? How does the experience change Evey? Do you agree with what he does?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)