|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosemary ask to purchase from the store owner?
2. With whom is Helen having an affair?
3. After blowing up Jordon Tower, how long does V say that the government will not be watching the people?
4. After shooting V, what does Finch decide to do?
5. On what date does the Prologue of Book Three begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does V give for imprisoning and torturing Evey? In what way does he accomplish this goal?
2. What reason does Mr. Finch give for taking acid, and what other issues cause him to do this?
3. What does Conrad discover near the end of the story, and how does he find this out?
4. Why does Mr. Finch lie to Dominic about the details of V's death?
5. What does V say in his radio broadcast?
6. What two people does Evey initially imagine V to be after V dies, and why do you think she does this?
7. How does Helen react when she sees Conrad injured, and what does this say about her as a character?
8. When Dominic reads the love letters he finds, what does he realize and what is ironic about this?
9. What does the reader learn about the story's minor characters from the vignettes?
10. How does Evey describe the new order of V?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that V's methods are the best way to bring down the government? Do the ends justify the means, or is V a terrorist himself?
Essay Topic 2
What do Violet Carsons symbolize in the story? Give specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What is Evey like as the new V? Analyze in detail how you think she helps the people of England rebuild their society.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)