|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does V say that he knows what happened to Gordon?
2. Who does Helen say makes all of the decisions once Conrad is the leader?
3. What does Mr. Finch say when Dominic asks him where V dies?
4. Why is the Leader upset as he waits for his motorcade?
5. What does Helen Heyer bribe Harper to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. In her first appearance as V, what does Evey tell the people of London?
2. When the guard gives Evey one last chance to give in, what does she say, and what does this say about her character?
3. Near the end of the story, what does V reveal to be his main motivation?
4. What does V say in his radio broadcast?
5. What does Rosemary try to buy, and why might she need this?
6. What do you think V means when he says that he reveals his will to Evey?
7. Explain why V says that Evey has been "in a prison all her life."
8. What does Rosemary do to the Leader and why?
9. What does Adam Susan ask the computer in the Book Three Prologue, and why is this significant?
10. After returning to London from Larkhill, what is Mr. Finch looking for, and why does he stop at the train station?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain V's plan for taking revenge on Adam Susan, why he makes this plan, and analyze why this plan is effective.
Essay Topic 2
What two political extremes do V and Adam Susan represent? Which do you think is more fair to its citizens? Do you think that the citizens in the story benefit more from a less extreme philosophy?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Evey has matured throughout the story. Be sure to discuss specific events that changed Evey's outlook.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)