|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the store owner refuse to believe about Rosemary?
2. What does V say that he reveals to Evey in the train station?
3. Who does Helen say makes all of the decisions once Conrad is the leader?
4. What is the name of the tube station where Mr. Finch stops?
5. Mr. Finch confesses his troubles to a hallucination of what character?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does V call his "mistress" and why?
2. Explain why V says that Evey has been "in a prison all her life."
3. What two people does Evey initially imagine V to be after V dies, and why do you think she does this?
4. What does Conrad discover near the end of the story, and how does he find this out?
5. How does Helen react when she sees Conrad injured, and what does this say about her as a character?
6. What is Helen Heyer's plan for Conrad's leadership?
7. When Dominic reads the love letters he finds, what does he realize and what is ironic about this?
8. What does the reader learn about the story's minor characters from the vignettes?
9. Near the end of the story, what does V reveal to be his main motivation?
10. After V's radio broadcast, how do people react to their new freedom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that V's methods are the best way to bring down the government? Do the ends justify the means, or is V a terrorist himself?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the nature of Helen Heyer's relationship with Conrad. Compare and contrast this couple's relationship to that of Rosemary and Derek Almond.
Essay Topic 3
For what reasons do V imprison Evey? How does the experience change Evey? Do you agree with what he does?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)