|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does V say that he knows what happened to Gordon?
2. What does the store owner refuse to believe about Rosemary?
3. After blowing up Jordon Tower, how long does V say that the government will not be watching the people?
4. What does Helen say that Harper provides once Conrad is the Leader?
5. In the train station, who does V say that he is waiting for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rosemary do to the Leader and why?
2. Why does V take Evey to the roof?
3. In the last chapter, how does Helen Heyer attempt to get Finch to help her, and why do you think he refuses?
4. Near the end of the story, what does V reveal to be his main motivation?
5. What is the nature of Conrad's relationship with Helen, and what does Helen want Conrad to do?
6. How does Mr. Finch manage to free himself from prison, and why is this significant?
7. Who does Evey realize must be under the mask, and how does she react?
8. Why does Mr. Finch lie to Dominic about the details of V's death?
9. What does the reader learn about the story's minor characters from the vignettes?
10. What two people does Evey initially imagine V to be after V dies, and why do you think she does this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the nature of Helen Heyer's relationship with Conrad. Compare and contrast this couple's relationship to that of Rosemary and Derek Almond.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze how symbolism is used in V for Vendetta. Identify at least five examples of symbolism from the story and explain how and why they are used.
Essay Topic 3
What is Evey like as the new V? Analyze in detail how you think she helps the people of England rebuild their society.
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)