|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the very last panel of the story show?
2. After Evey leaves prison, where does V take her?
3. After V dies, who is the second person Evey imagines V may be?
4. After V dies, who does Evey first imagine V may be?
5. When Evey runs down the prison hallway and opens the door at the end, where does she emerge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Near the end of the story, what does V reveal to be his main motivation?
2. Who does Evey realize must be under the mask, and how does she react?
3. What does the reader learn about the story's minor characters from the vignettes?
4. After V's radio broadcast, how do people react to their new freedom?
5. Why does V inflict only a minor wound on Mr. Finch, and why does he make it so easy for Mr. Finch to find him?
6. How does Evey's attitude toward V change the day after she leaves prison?
7. What does V call his "mistress" and why?
8. Why does V take Evey to the roof?
9. When Dominic reads the love letters he finds, what does he realize and what is ironic about this?
10. What reason does Mr. Finch give for taking acid, and what other issues cause him to do this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Evey like as the new V? Analyze in detail how you think she helps the people of England rebuild their society.
Essay Topic 2
What do Violet Carsons symbolize in the story? Give specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Explain V's plan for taking revenge on Adam Susan, why he makes this plan, and analyze why this plan is effective.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)