|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does the next to last chapter begin?
2. With whom does V say he was in love?
3. What does Conrad receive in the mail from V?
4. At the parade, why do the guards let Rosemary through to the Leader?
5. When Evey runs down the prison hallway and opens the door at the end, where does she emerge?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Finch manage to free himself from prison, and why is this significant?
2. How does Evey describe the new order of V?
3. What reason does Mr. Finch give for taking acid, and what other issues cause him to do this?
4. What does V call his "mistress" and why?
5. What does V say in his radio broadcast?
6. What reason does V give for imprisoning and torturing Evey? In what way does he accomplish this goal?
7. What does Rosemary try to buy, and why might she need this?
8. What does Rosemary do to the Leader and why?
9. What two people does Evey initially imagine V to be after V dies, and why do you think she does this?
10. Why does Mr. Finch lie to Dominic about the details of V's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does V never reveal his true identity? What purposes does this secrecy serve?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Mr. Finch is affected by V throughout the story. Analyze how Mr. Finch represents the people of England as a whole, and explain what you think he does now that V is dead and the government falls.
Essay Topic 3
What is inscribed on the mirror in the Shadow Gallery? How does this motto explain V's motivation? Give several specific examples from the story.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)