|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of flowers are in the train car?
2. How does Evey initially react to V's reason for imprisoning her?
3. When V takes Evey to his rose garden, what does he offer to do for her?
4. According to Mr. Finch's hallucination, who of the following is not imprisoned after the war?
5. How long does the guard say Evey will be in prison if she does what he asks?
Short Essay Questions
1. After V's radio broadcast, how do people react to their new freedom?
2. What is the nature of Conrad's relationship with Helen, and what does Helen want Conrad to do?
3. How does Helen react when she sees Conrad injured, and what does this say about her as a character?
4. Near the end of the story, what does V reveal to be his main motivation?
5. What reason does V give for imprisoning and torturing Evey? In what way does he accomplish this goal?
6. What does V say in his radio broadcast?
7. After returning to London from Larkhill, what is Mr. Finch looking for, and why does he stop at the train station?
8. What does V call his "mistress" and why?
9. What does Rosemary do to the Leader and why?
10. Explain why V says that Evey has been "in a prison all her life."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the nature of Helen Heyer's relationship with Conrad. Compare and contrast this couple's relationship to that of Rosemary and Derek Almond.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Evey has matured throughout the story. Be sure to discuss specific events that changed Evey's outlook.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how loneliness and a fear of abandonment motivate both Evey Hammond and Rosemary Almond, and analyze the different ways that they respond when they are abandoned by people they are close to.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)