|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does V say is his goal for Evey?
2. Who is watching Helen's meeting with Harper?
3. What appears on Adam Susan's computer screen when Dominic comes to see him?
4. What does V say is a "prison"?
5. What disturbing message does the Leader's computer screen display?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does V call his "mistress" and why?
2. Explain why V says that Evey has been "in a prison all her life."
3. After returning to London from Larkhill, what is Mr. Finch looking for, and why does he stop at the train station?
4. Why does V inflict only a minor wound on Mr. Finch, and why does he make it so easy for Mr. Finch to find him?
5. What does the reader learn about the story's minor characters from the vignettes?
6. What does Rosemary do to the Leader and why?
7. After V's radio broadcast, how do people react to their new freedom?
8. What does Rosemary imagine as she dances on stage, and why is this important?
9. How does Helen react when she sees Conrad injured, and what does this say about her as a character?
10. In the last chapter, how does Helen Heyer attempt to get Finch to help her, and why do you think he refuses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is inscribed on the mirror in the Shadow Gallery? How does this motto explain V's motivation? Give several specific examples from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Mr. Finch is affected by V throughout the story. Analyze how Mr. Finch represents the people of England as a whole, and explain what you think he does now that V is dead and the government falls.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what happens to V at Larkhill. What is the purpose of Larkhill? Who works there? How does this experience drive V's actions later on?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)