|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Directly after Evey leaves prison, how long does Dominic say it has been since V's last attack?
2. Why does the Leader schedule a public appearance?
3. What else is in the train car, besides the flowers?
4. What does Evey call the riots and looting that occur after the Jordon tower explosion?
5. What piece of classical music does V play as he blows up the buildings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about the story's minor characters from the vignettes?
2. What is Helen Heyer's plan for Conrad's leadership?
3. How does Evey describe the new order of V?
4. After V's radio broadcast, how do people react to their new freedom?
5. When Dominic reads the love letters he finds, what does he realize and what is ironic about this?
6. In the last chapter, how does Helen Heyer attempt to get Finch to help her, and why do you think he refuses?
7. What does Adam Susan ask the computer in the Book Three Prologue, and why is this significant?
8. How does Helen react when she sees Conrad injured, and what does this say about her as a character?
9. When the guard gives Evey one last chance to give in, what does she say, and what does this say about her character?
10. What does V call his "mistress" and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
For what reasons do V imprison Evey? How does the experience change Evey? Do you agree with what he does?
Essay Topic 2
Why is it so easy for the fascists to seize control of the government? What factors make the people embrace their policies (at least at first)?
Essay Topic 3
Explain what happens to Valerie, and how her experience changes both V and Evey as characters.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)