|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Finch say when Dominic asks him where V dies?
2. What is V doing when Mr. Finch walks into the train station?
3. What does Evey call the riots and looting that occur after the Jordon tower explosion?
4. How does Evey initially react to V's reason for imprisoning her?
5. What does Rosemary ask to purchase from the store owner?
Short Essay Questions
1. After V's radio broadcast, how do people react to their new freedom?
2. Why does V inflict only a minor wound on Mr. Finch, and why does he make it so easy for Mr. Finch to find him?
3. In the last chapter, how does Helen Heyer attempt to get Finch to help her, and why do you think he refuses?
4. When the guard gives Evey one last chance to give in, what does she say, and what does this say about her character?
5. How does Mr. Finch manage to free himself from prison, and why is this significant?
6. What reason does V give for imprisoning and torturing Evey? In what way does he accomplish this goal?
7. In her first appearance as V, what does Evey tell the people of London?
8. Why does V take Evey to the roof?
9. What does Conrad discover near the end of the story, and how does he find this out?
10. What reason does Mr. Finch give for taking acid, and what other issues cause him to do this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what happens to V at Larkhill. What is the purpose of Larkhill? Who works there? How does this experience drive V's actions later on?
Essay Topic 2
Research the rise to power of the Nazis in Germany and the experiments they conduct on those imprisoned in the death camps. How do these events parallel those in V for Vendetta?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze how symbolism is used in V for Vendetta. Identify at least five examples of symbolism from the story and explain how and why they are used.
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)