|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Evey vow never to do again?
2. What piece of classical music does V play as he blows up the buildings?
3. Who is watching Helen's meeting with Harper?
4. What is the name of the tube station where Mr. Finch stops?
5. What is the name of the chapter in which Evey leaves the prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Conrad discover near the end of the story, and how does he find this out?
2. What does V say in his radio broadcast?
3. After V's radio broadcast, how do people react to their new freedom?
4. Why does V inflict only a minor wound on Mr. Finch, and why does he make it so easy for Mr. Finch to find him?
5. In the last chapter, how does Helen Heyer attempt to get Finch to help her, and why do you think he refuses?
6. What reason does Mr. Finch give for taking acid, and what other issues cause him to do this?
7. What does Adam Susan ask the computer in the Book Three Prologue, and why is this significant?
8. When the guard gives Evey one last chance to give in, what does she say, and what does this say about her character?
9. What does Rosemary do to the Leader and why?
10. What is the nature of Conrad's relationship with Helen, and what does Helen want Conrad to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Evey has matured throughout the story. Be sure to discuss specific events that changed Evey's outlook.
Essay Topic 2
Why is Evey unable to become V's replacement until the end of the story? Describe the knowledge that V imparts to Evey throughout the story.
Essay Topic 3
Why is it so easy for the fascists to seize control of the government? What factors make the people embrace their policies (at least at first)?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)