|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the book that Mr. Finch is reading?
2. What does the Leader say to do to any looters who are caught during the riots?
3. Where does the prison guard say that Evey could work, if she cooperates with them?
4. For what service does Harper begin to accept bribes?
5. After Dominic reads the love letters, what does he tell Adam Susan?
Short Essay Questions
1. In her first appearance as V, what does Evey tell the people of London?
2. What does Rosemary do to the Leader and why?
3. What does the reader learn about the story's minor characters from the vignettes?
4. How does Mr. Finch manage to free himself from prison, and why is this significant?
5. What is the nature of Conrad's relationship with Helen, and what does Helen want Conrad to do?
6. Why does V inflict only a minor wound on Mr. Finch, and why does he make it so easy for Mr. Finch to find him?
7. What two people does Evey initially imagine V to be after V dies, and why do you think she does this?
8. What does Conrad discover near the end of the story, and how does he find this out?
9. What does Rosemary try to buy, and why might she need this?
10. When the guard gives Evey one last chance to give in, what does she say, and what does this say about her character?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Evey like as the new V? Analyze in detail how you think she helps the people of England rebuild their society.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the nature of Helen Heyer's relationship with Conrad. Compare and contrast this couple's relationship to that of Rosemary and Derek Almond.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the bishop. How does his character represent the problems with the fascist society?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)