|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Evey say she felt about being willing to die for her principles?
2. When the Leader's mental health starts to fail, what does Helen ask Conrad to do?
3. According to Mr. Finch's hallucination, who of the following is not imprisoned after the war?
4. What does V say is a "prison"?
5. Who is forced to take shelter with homeless people in the park?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Conrad's relationship with Helen, and what does Helen want Conrad to do?
2. In her first appearance as V, what does Evey tell the people of London?
3. How does Evey describe the new order of V?
4. After V's radio broadcast, how do people react to their new freedom?
5. How does Evey's attitude toward V change the day after she leaves prison?
6. What does the reader learn about the story's minor characters from the vignettes?
7. How does Helen react when she sees Conrad injured, and what does this say about her as a character?
8. What does Adam Susan ask the computer in the Book Three Prologue, and why is this significant?
9. Near the end of the story, what does V reveal to be his main motivation?
10. When Dominic reads the love letters he finds, what does he realize and what is ironic about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is inscribed on the mirror in the Shadow Gallery? How does this motto explain V's motivation? Give several specific examples from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that V's methods are the best way to bring down the government? Do the ends justify the means, or is V a terrorist himself?
Essay Topic 3
Explain V's plan for taking revenge on Adam Susan, why he makes this plan, and analyze why this plan is effective.
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)