|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the train station, who does V say that he is waiting for?
2. In the chapter after Evey leaves prison, what does she do to V?
3. How does Evey initially react to V's reason for imprisoning her?
4. With the Leader dead, who assumes command?
5. Who is watching Helen's meeting with Harper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rosemary do to the Leader and why?
2. What does the reader learn about the story's minor characters from the vignettes?
3. When Dominic reads the love letters he finds, what does he realize and what is ironic about this?
4. What do you think V means when he says that he reveals his will to Evey?
5. How does Mr. Finch manage to free himself from prison, and why is this significant?
6. What does V say in his radio broadcast?
7. What does Rosemary try to buy, and why might she need this?
8. How does Evey's attitude toward V change the day after she leaves prison?
9. After V's radio broadcast, how do people react to their new freedom?
10. What does Adam Susan ask the computer in the Book Three Prologue, and why is this significant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does V never reveal his true identity? What purposes does this secrecy serve?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Mr. Finch is affected by V throughout the story. Analyze how Mr. Finch represents the people of England as a whole, and explain what you think he does now that V is dead and the government falls.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the bishop. How does his character represent the problems with the fascist society?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)