|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creedy blackmail Harper into doing?
2. When Evey asks what V is planning, V says that it will all be over by what holiday?
3. What drug does Mr. Finch ingest?
4. What does Helen Heyer bribe Harper to do?
5. Mr. Finch confesses his troubles to a hallucination of what character?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does V say in his radio broadcast?
2. What does Conrad discover near the end of the story, and how does he find this out?
3. Why does V inflict only a minor wound on Mr. Finch, and why does he make it so easy for Mr. Finch to find him?
4. Near the end of the story, what does V reveal to be his main motivation?
5. Why does Mr. Finch lie to Dominic about the details of V's death?
6. When Dominic reads the love letters he finds, what does he realize and what is ironic about this?
7. What does Rosemary do to the Leader and why?
8. What two people does Evey initially imagine V to be after V dies, and why do you think she does this?
9. Why does V take Evey to the roof?
10. What does Rosemary imagine as she dances on stage, and why is this important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how and why Mr. Finch's attitude toward V changes throughout the story, citing examples from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the bishop. How does his character represent the problems with the fascist society?
Essay Topic 3
What two political extremes do V and Adam Susan represent? Which do you think is more fair to its citizens? Do you think that the citizens in the story benefit more from a less extreme philosophy?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)