|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Helen say makes all of the decisions once Conrad is the leader?
2. At the parade, why do the guards let Rosemary through to the Leader?
3. What does Mr. Finch say when Dominic asks him where V dies?
4. After shooting V, what does Finch decide to do?
5. Who kills Creedy?
Short Essay Questions
1. After returning to London from Larkhill, what is Mr. Finch looking for, and why does he stop at the train station?
2. What do you think V means when he says that he reveals his will to Evey?
3. What does Rosemary do to the Leader and why?
4. What does V call his "mistress" and why?
5. Near the end of the story, what does V reveal to be his main motivation?
6. Explain why V says that Evey has been "in a prison all her life."
7. Why does V inflict only a minor wound on Mr. Finch, and why does he make it so easy for Mr. Finch to find him?
8. In her first appearance as V, what does Evey tell the people of London?
9. What does V say in his radio broadcast?
10. What does Rosemary imagine as she dances on stage, and why is this important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the bishop. How does his character represent the problems with the fascist society?
Essay Topic 2
What is Evey like as the new V? Analyze in detail how you think she helps the people of England rebuild their society.
Essay Topic 3
Explain V's plan for taking revenge on Adam Susan, why he makes this plan, and analyze why this plan is effective.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)