|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does V say that he reveals to Evey in the train station?
2. After the parade, Creedy announces that V makes an appearance at what time?
3. In Book Two, Chapter Fourteen, where does the scene with Rosemary take place?
4. According to V, what room did the woman who wrote the letter occupy at Larkhill?
5. Mr. Finch confesses his troubles to a hallucination of what character?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Helen Heyer's plan for Conrad's leadership?
2. After returning to London from Larkhill, what is Mr. Finch looking for, and why does he stop at the train station?
3. After V's radio broadcast, how do people react to their new freedom?
4. What reason does V give for imprisoning and torturing Evey? In what way does he accomplish this goal?
5. How does Evey's attitude toward V change the day after she leaves prison?
6. In her first appearance as V, what does Evey tell the people of London?
7. What reason does Mr. Finch give for taking acid, and what other issues cause him to do this?
8. Why does Mr. Finch lie to Dominic about the details of V's death?
9. What two people does Evey initially imagine V to be after V dies, and why do you think she does this?
10. What does the reader learn about the story's minor characters from the vignettes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain what happens to Valerie, and how her experience changes both V and Evey as characters.
Essay Topic 2
What is inscribed on the mirror in the Shadow Gallery? How does this motto explain V's motivation? Give several specific examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
What is Evey like as the new V? Analyze in detail how you think she helps the people of England rebuild their society.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)