|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug does Mr. Finch ingest?
2. What disturbing message does the Leader's computer screen display?
3. After the parade, Creedy announces that V makes an appearance at what time?
4. On what date does the Prologue of Book Three begin?
5. Who kills Conrad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does V say in his radio broadcast?
2. Why does V inflict only a minor wound on Mr. Finch, and why does he make it so easy for Mr. Finch to find him?
3. What does V call his "mistress" and why?
4. How does Evey describe the new order of V?
5. What is Helen Heyer's plan for Conrad's leadership?
6. What does Rosemary do to the Leader and why?
7. In her first appearance as V, what does Evey tell the people of London?
8. What does Rosemary try to buy, and why might she need this?
9. What is the nature of Conrad's relationship with Helen, and what does Helen want Conrad to do?
10. Why does V take Evey to the roof?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Mr. Finch is affected by V throughout the story. Analyze how Mr. Finch represents the people of England as a whole, and explain what you think he does now that V is dead and the government falls.
Essay Topic 2
Why is it so easy for the fascists to seize control of the government? What factors make the people embrace their policies (at least at first)?
Essay Topic 3
What is Evey like as the new V? Analyze in detail how you think she helps the people of England rebuild their society.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)