|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Finch's first name?
2. What does V's laboratory contain?
3. Why does the Leader schedule a public appearance?
4. Who is the last person Evey sees under V's mask?
5. What does V's secret "love nest" contain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does V inflict only a minor wound on Mr. Finch, and why does he make it so easy for Mr. Finch to find him?
2. When the guard gives Evey one last chance to give in, what does she say, and what does this say about her character?
3. Explain why V says that Evey has been "in a prison all her life."
4. When Dominic reads the love letters he finds, what does he realize and what is ironic about this?
5. How does Evey's attitude toward V change the day after she leaves prison?
6. What does Rosemary imagine as she dances on stage, and why is this important?
7. In the last chapter, how does Helen Heyer attempt to get Finch to help her, and why do you think he refuses?
8. How does Helen react when she sees Conrad injured, and what does this say about her as a character?
9. Why does V take Evey to the roof?
10. What does Rosemary do to the Leader and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Evey like as the new V? Analyze in detail how you think she helps the people of England rebuild their society.
Essay Topic 2
What do Violet Carsons symbolize in the story? Give specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Explain V's plan for taking revenge on Adam Susan, why he makes this plan, and analyze why this plan is effective.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)