|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Conrad?
2. After V dies, who does Evey first imagine V may be?
3. Who is the last person Evey sees under V's mask?
4. Why is the Leader upset as he waits for his motorcade?
5. What is the name of the tube station where Mr. Finch stops?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does V take Evey to the roof?
2. How does Mr. Finch manage to free himself from prison, and why is this significant?
3. What is Helen Heyer's plan for Conrad's leadership?
4. Why does Mr. Finch lie to Dominic about the details of V's death?
5. What two people does Evey initially imagine V to be after V dies, and why do you think she does this?
6. What is the nature of Conrad's relationship with Helen, and what does Helen want Conrad to do?
7. How does Evey's attitude toward V change the day after she leaves prison?
8. What does the reader learn about the story's minor characters from the vignettes?
9. How does Evey describe the new order of V?
10. After V's radio broadcast, how do people react to their new freedom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze how symbolism is used in V for Vendetta. Identify at least five examples of symbolism from the story and explain how and why they are used.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the nature of Helen Heyer's relationship with Conrad. Compare and contrast this couple's relationship to that of Rosemary and Derek Almond.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how and why Mr. Finch's attitude toward V changes throughout the story, citing examples from the story.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)