|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of flower is a Violet Carson?
2. On what important date does V rescue Evey?
3. When Evey bumps into Rosemary, what is Rosemary trying to find?
4. When the bishop asks V who he is, how does V respond?
5. At the television station, who is really under the Guy Fawkes mask?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Evey's prison cell.
2. After Gordon is killed, what does Evey plan to do, and why does this plan go awry?
3. What does V recite to the bishop, and why is this ironic?
4. Why does Harper kill Gordon, and how does Evey react?
5. Who does Evey stay with after V leaves her in the street, and how can you describe their relationship?
6. What does V do to Lewis Prothero?
7. Who does Evey think that V might be, and how does V respond when she asks if this is the case?
8. Who fights at the Kitty-Kat Keller, why, and how is Gordon involved?
9. Who does Evey bump into outside the Kitty-Kat Keller, and why is that person there?
10. How is Delia's murder different from V's other killings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the nature of Helen Heyer's relationship with Conrad. Compare and contrast this couple's relationship to that of Rosemary and Derek Almond.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how and why Mr. Finch's attitude toward V changes throughout the story, citing examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Evey has matured throughout the story. Be sure to discuss specific events that changed Evey's outlook.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)