|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does V compare the people of England in his TV broadcast?
2. In the letter Evey finds in prison, who is the woman's first love?
3. What does Mr. Finch think that V uses to kill George?
4. On what is the note that Evey found in prison written?
5. Whom does V blame for England's current condition?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Evey's attitude toward V change the day after she leaves prison?
2. According to the prison guards, why is Evey in prison?
3. What does Evey find in her cell, and why is it important to her?
4. What does Evey dream about and why is her dream significant?
5. What does the reader learn about the story's minor characters from the vignettes?
6. What reason does Mr. Finch give for taking acid, and what other issues cause him to do this?
7. Who does Evey realize must be under the mask, and how does she react?
8. What does Rosemary do to the Leader and why?
9. What is the function of the voice of Fate?
10. Why does Mr. Finch lie to Dominic about the details of V's death?
Essay Topic 1
What is inscribed on the mirror in the Shadow Gallery? How does this motto explain V's motivation? Give several specific examples from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Why is Evey unable to become V's replacement until the end of the story? Describe the knowledge that V imparts to Evey throughout the story.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Evey has matured throughout the story. Be sure to discuss specific events that changed Evey's outlook.
This section contains 1,249 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)