|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gordon do for a living?
2. What does Mr. Finch think that V uses to kill George?
3. At the television station, who is really under the Guy Fawkes mask?
4. At the end of V's television broadcast, how do the soldiers attempt to kill him?
5. To what does V compare the people of England in his TV broadcast?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does V blame for the current condition of England and why?
2. Who does Evey think that V might be, and how does V respond when she asks if this is the case?
3. What does V do to Lewis Prothero?
4. What does Mr. Finch do to Creedy soon after he takes over for Derek, and why?
5. What does the statement that the guards ask Evey to sign force her to say, and why do you think she refuses?
6. According to the prison guards, why is Evey in prison?
7. After Gordon is killed, what does Evey plan to do, and why does this plan go awry?
8. How is Delia's murder different from V's other killings?
9. What does Evey find in her cell, and why is it important to her?
10. What does V recite to the bishop, and why is this ironic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is it so easy for the fascists to seize control of the government? What factors make the people embrace their policies (at least at first)?
Essay Topic 2
What do Violet Carsons symbolize in the story? Give specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Research the rise to power of the Nazis in Germany and the experiments they conduct on those imprisoned in the death camps. How do these events parallel those in V for Vendetta?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)