|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the woman in the letter in a relationship with when her house is raided?
2. On what date does V kill Delia and Derek?
3. What is the name of the man who interrogates Evey?
4. How does Evey get away from the bishop before V comes?
5. In Evey's dream, with whom is she really in bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Evey upset when V returns at the beginning of Chapter Three? What does this tell the reader about Evey?
2. After Gordon is killed, what does Evey plan to do, and why does this plan go awry?
3. Who fights at the Kitty-Kat Keller, why, and how is Gordon involved?
4. In what ways does Evey's relationship with Gordon change a few months after she moves in?
5. Describe Evey's prison cell.
6. What does Evey dream about and why is her dream significant?
7. Why does Harper kill Gordon, and how does Evey react?
8. What does V recite to the bishop, and why is this ironic?
9. What forbidden items does V have in his house and why is this important?
10. Why is Valerie imprisoned, and why does she refuse to give in to the guards?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the bishop. How does his character represent the problems with the fascist society?
Essay Topic 2
Why does V never reveal his true identity? What purposes does this secrecy serve?
Essay Topic 3
Explain what happens to Valerie, and how her experience changes both V and Evey as characters.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)