|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is V dressed when he imprisons Lewis Prothero?
2. What is a judy man?
3. In Evey's dream, what does the bedroom look like?
4. What does Mr. Finch think that V uses to kill George?
5. When Evey walks into a house after V leaves her in the street, what does she find?
Short Essay Questions
1. To whom does V compare the people of England, and why do you think he does this?
2. What is the name of the song that V sings in the Prelude to Book Two, and what is the general message of the song?
3. Who does Evey bump into outside the Kitty-Kat Keller, and why is that person there?
4. Why is Valerie imprisoned, and why does she refuse to give in to the guards?
5. Describe Evey's prison cell.
6. What does the statement that the guards ask Evey to sign force her to say, and why do you think she refuses?
7. According to the prison guards, why is Evey in prison?
8. Describe how V stages the killing of the bishop, including why he chooses to do what he does.
9. What does V do to Lewis Prothero?
10. Who does Evey stay with after V leaves her in the street, and how can you describe their relationship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what happens to V at Larkhill. What is the purpose of Larkhill? Who works there? How does this experience drive V's actions later on?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Evey has matured throughout the story. Be sure to discuss specific events that changed Evey's outlook.
Essay Topic 3
What do Violet Carsons symbolize in the story? Give specific examples from the text.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)