|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Almond's first name?
2. What vice does the bishop have?
3. What is V's room number at Larkhill?
4. In the letter Evey finds in prison, who is the woman's first love?
5. After Evey takes the gun to the Kitty-Kat Keller, where does she hide?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Gordon is killed, what does Evey plan to do, and why does this plan go awry?
2. How is Delia's murder different from V's other killings?
3. Summarize the events that occur at Larkhill, according to Delia Surridge's journal.
4. What does Mr. Finch do to Creedy soon after he takes over for Derek, and why?
5. What is the state of Derek Almond's relationship with his wife?
6. What is the function of the voice of Fate?
7. In what ways does Evey's relationship with Gordon change a few months after she moves in?
8. What deal does Evey want to make with V and why?
9. Who does Evey stay with after V leaves her in the street, and how can you describe their relationship?
10. When Evey sees Rosemary at the Kitty-Kat Keller, what does Evey misunderstand about Rosemary's situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Evey has matured throughout the story. Be sure to discuss specific events that changed Evey's outlook.
Essay Topic 2
What do Violet Carsons symbolize in the story? Give specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Explain V's plan for taking revenge on Adam Susan, why he makes this plan, and analyze why this plan is effective.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)