|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the television station, who is really under the Guy Fawkes mask?
2. Who replaces Derek Almond at the Finger?
3. At the Kitty-Kat Keller, who says "I wish we were all dead!"?
4. On what is the note that Evey found in prison written?
5. When the bishop asks V who he is, how does V respond?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Evey think that V might be, and how does V respond when she asks if this is the case?
2. What does Evey find in her cell, and why is it important to her?
3. What deal does Evey want to make with V and why?
4. Who does V blame for the current condition of England and why?
5. How does Rosemary Almond feel about Roger Dascombe, and why does she accept his help?
6. After Gordon is killed, what does Evey plan to do, and why does this plan go awry?
7. What does Mr. Finch do to Creedy soon after he takes over for Derek, and why?
8. Who does Evey bump into outside the Kitty-Kat Keller, and why is that person there?
9. What is the function of the voice of Fate?
10. What forbidden items does V have in his house and why is this important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What two political extremes do V and Adam Susan represent? Which do you think is more fair to its citizens? Do you think that the citizens in the story benefit more from a less extreme philosophy?
Essay Topic 2
What is Evey like as the new V? Analyze in detail how you think she helps the people of England rebuild their society.
Essay Topic 3
Why does V never reveal his true identity? What purposes does this secrecy serve?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)