|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Evey takes the gun to the Kitty-Kat Keller, where does she hide?
2. What kind of flower is a Violet Carson?
3. Who is the hero on the television show that is playing when V breaks into the station?
4. Who does Mr. Finch punch?
5. What does Mr. Finch think that V uses to kill George?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Valerie imprisoned, and why does she refuse to give in to the guards?
2. What does Evey dream about and why is her dream significant?
3. According to the prison guards, why is Evey in prison?
4. What does V do to Lewis Prothero?
5. What deal does Evey want to make with V and why?
6. Describe how V stages the killing of the bishop, including why he chooses to do what he does.
7. To whom does V compare the people of England, and why do you think he does this?
8. What is the function of the voice of Fate?
9. Why does Harper kill Gordon, and how does Evey react?
10. Who does Evey bump into outside the Kitty-Kat Keller, and why is that person there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how and why Mr. Finch's attitude toward V changes throughout the story, citing examples from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Describe what happens to V at Larkhill. What is the purpose of Larkhill? Who works there? How does this experience drive V's actions later on?
Essay Topic 3
What is Evey like as the new V? Analyze in detail how you think she helps the people of England rebuild their society.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)