|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman in the letter say is "all we have left in this place"?
2. What is on the video that the prison guards show Evey?
3. After Evey takes the gun to the Kitty-Kat Keller, where does she hide?
4. At the television station, who is really under the Guy Fawkes mask?
5. What item does the voice of Fate collect?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Evey bump into outside the Kitty-Kat Keller, and why is that person there?
2. What is the function of the voice of Fate?
3. What forbidden items does V have in his house and why is this important?
4. According to the prison guards, why is Evey in prison?
5. What does V recite to the bishop, and why is this ironic?
6. Why is Valerie imprisoned, and why does she refuse to give in to the guards?
7. Who does Evey stay with after V leaves her in the street, and how can you describe their relationship?
8. What does the statement that the guards ask Evey to sign force her to say, and why do you think she refuses?
9. What does Mr. Finch do to Creedy soon after he takes over for Derek, and why?
10. How is Delia's murder different from V's other killings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
For what reasons do V imprison Evey? How does the experience change Evey? Do you agree with what he does?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the bishop. How does his character represent the problems with the fascist society?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that V's methods are the best way to bring down the government? Do the ends justify the means, or is V a terrorist himself?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)