|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the song that V sings in the Prelude to Book Two?
2. What does Mr. Susan say is his "bride"?
3. What is on the video that the prison guards show Evey?
4. What item does the voice of Fate collect?
5. What is the name of the woman who wrote the letter in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does V say in his radio broadcast?
2. Who does Evey bump into outside the Kitty-Kat Keller, and why is that person there?
3. What does Mr. Finch do to Creedy soon after he takes over for Derek, and why?
4. Who fights at the Kitty-Kat Keller, why, and how is Gordon involved?
5. What does V recite to the bishop, and why is this ironic?
6. What does Rosemary do to the Leader and why?
7. To whom does V compare the people of England, and why do you think he does this?
8. What vice does the bishop have and how does V exploit it?
9. How does Evey describe the new order of V?
10. Why does V take Evey to the roof?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze how symbolism is used in V for Vendetta. Identify at least five examples of symbolism from the story and explain how and why they are used.
Essay Topic 2
What is inscribed on the mirror in the Shadow Gallery? How does this motto explain V's motivation? Give several specific examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
What do Violet Carsons symbolize in the story? Give specific examples from the text.
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)