|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the bishop asks V who he is, how does V respond?
2. Who does Mr. Finch punch?
3. What does Harper use to kill Gordon?
4. What is the profession of the woman in the letter?
5. What kind of flower is a Violet Carson?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does V blame for the current condition of England and why?
2. Why is Evey upset when V returns at the beginning of Chapter Three? What does this tell the reader about Evey?
3. What vice does the bishop have and how does V exploit it?
4. Who does Evey bump into outside the Kitty-Kat Keller, and why is that person there?
5. What does Evey find in her cell, and why is it important to her?
6. Why does Harper kill Gordon, and how does Evey react?
7. What does V do to Lewis Prothero?
8. Summarize the events that occur at Larkhill, according to Delia Surridge's journal.
9. What is the function of the voice of Fate?
10. What is the name of the song that V sings in the Prelude to Book Two, and what is the general message of the song?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what happens to V at Larkhill. What is the purpose of Larkhill? Who works there? How does this experience drive V's actions later on?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that V's methods are the best way to bring down the government? Do the ends justify the means, or is V a terrorist himself?
Essay Topic 3
For what reasons do V imprison Evey? How does the experience change Evey? Do you agree with what he does?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)