|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is V dressed when he imprisons Lewis Prothero?
2. What kind of flower is a Violet Carson?
3. When the bishop asks V who he is, how does V respond?
4. After Gordon is killed, what does Evey plan to do?
5. What is the name of the man who interrogates Evey?
Short Essay Questions
1. To whom does V compare the people of England, and why do you think he does this?
2. What does Mr. Finch do to Creedy soon after he takes over for Derek, and why?
3. Who does Evey think that V might be, and how does V respond when she asks if this is the case?
4. What does V recite to the bishop, and why is this ironic?
5. What is the state of Derek Almond's relationship with his wife?
6. In what ways does Evey's relationship with Gordon change a few months after she moves in?
7. When Evey sees Rosemary at the Kitty-Kat Keller, what does Evey misunderstand about Rosemary's situation?
8. After Gordon is killed, what does Evey plan to do, and why does this plan go awry?
9. Who does Evey bump into outside the Kitty-Kat Keller, and why is that person there?
10. What is the function of the voice of Fate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do Violet Carsons symbolize in the story? Give specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
For what reasons do V imprison Evey? How does the experience change Evey? Do you agree with what he does?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how and why Mr. Finch's attitude toward V changes throughout the story, citing examples from the story.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)