|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When she sees Gordon's dead body, of whom does Evey have a flashback?
2. What does Gordon ask Evey to do after they live together for a few months?
3. What is Mrs. Almond's first name?
4. How does Evey get away from the bishop before V comes?
5. What psalm does V recite as he murders the bishop?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how V stages the killing of the bishop, including why he chooses to do what he does.
2. What is the name of the song that V sings in the Prelude to Book Two, and what is the general message of the song?
3. What does the statement that the guards ask Evey to sign force her to say, and why do you think she refuses?
4. What vice does the bishop have and how does V exploit it?
5. When Evey sees Rosemary at the Kitty-Kat Keller, what does Evey misunderstand about Rosemary's situation?
6. In what ways does Evey's relationship with Gordon change a few months after she moves in?
7. What does V recite to the bishop, and why is this ironic?
8. Who does V blame for the current condition of England and why?
9. Why does Harper kill Gordon, and how does Evey react?
10. Who does Evey think that V might be, and how does V respond when she asks if this is the case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what happens to V at Larkhill. What is the purpose of Larkhill? Who works there? How does this experience drive V's actions later on?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Evey has matured throughout the story. Be sure to discuss specific events that changed Evey's outlook.
Essay Topic 3
What is inscribed on the mirror in the Shadow Gallery? How does this motto explain V's motivation? Give several specific examples from the story.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)