|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date does V break into the television station?
2. How old is Evey when the story begins?
3. Where is the woman in the letter born?
4. At the television station, who is really under the Guy Fawkes mask?
5. When V leaves Evey in the middle of a road, what does Evey find when she removes V's cape?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how V stages the killing of the bishop, including why he chooses to do what he does.
2. What is the name of the song that V sings in the Prelude to Book Two, and what is the general message of the song?
3. Summarize the events that occur at Larkhill, according to Delia Surridge's journal.
4. What deal does Evey want to make with V and why?
5. Why does Harper kill Gordon, and how does Evey react?
6. According to the prison guards, why is Evey in prison?
7. What does V recite to the bishop, and why is this ironic?
8. To whom does V compare the people of England, and why do you think he does this?
9. How does Rosemary Almond feel about Roger Dascombe, and why does she accept his help?
10. Describe Evey's prison cell.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is inscribed on the mirror in the Shadow Gallery? How does this motto explain V's motivation? Give several specific examples from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Mr. Finch is affected by V throughout the story. Analyze how Mr. Finch represents the people of England as a whole, and explain what you think he does now that V is dead and the government falls.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that V's methods are the best way to bring down the government? Do the ends justify the means, or is V a terrorist himself?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)