|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Evey upset at the beginning of Chapter Nine?
2. When Evey walks into a house after V leaves her in the street, what does she find?
3. How old is Evey when the story begins?
4. What animal is in Evey's prison cell?
5. On what date does Book Two, Chapter Seven begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Evey bump into outside the Kitty-Kat Keller, and why is that person there?
2. Describe Evey's prison cell.
3. Who does Evey think that V might be, and how does V respond when she asks if this is the case?
4. What is the name of the song that V sings in the Prelude to Book Two, and what is the general message of the song?
5. Why is Valerie imprisoned, and why does she refuse to give in to the guards?
6. When Evey sees Rosemary at the Kitty-Kat Keller, what does Evey misunderstand about Rosemary's situation?
7. To whom does V compare the people of England, and why do you think he does this?
8. Who does V blame for the current condition of England and why?
9. What does Mr. Finch do to Creedy soon after he takes over for Derek, and why?
10. Who fights at the Kitty-Kat Keller, why, and how is Gordon involved?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain V's plan for taking revenge on Adam Susan, why he makes this plan, and analyze why this plan is effective.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the nature of Helen Heyer's relationship with Conrad. Compare and contrast this couple's relationship to that of Rosemary and Derek Almond.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what happens to Valerie, and how her experience changes both V and Evey as characters.
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)