|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does V do that drives Prothero to madness?
2. What does Gordon ask Evey to do after they live together for a few months?
3. Where does the Leader send Mr. Finch on vacation?
4. What weapon does V use to rescue Evey in Chapter One?
5. When the bishop asks V who he is, how does V respond?
Short Essay Questions
1. What forbidden items does V have in his house and why is this important?
2. In what ways does Evey's relationship with Gordon change a few months after she moves in?
3. Who fights at the Kitty-Kat Keller, why, and how is Gordon involved?
4. What deal does Evey want to make with V and why?
5. Who does Evey think that V might be, and how does V respond when she asks if this is the case?
6. How does Rosemary Almond feel about Roger Dascombe, and why does she accept his help?
7. Describe how V stages the killing of the bishop, including why he chooses to do what he does.
8. What is the function of the voice of Fate?
9. Summarize the events that occur at Larkhill, according to Delia Surridge's journal.
10. What vice does the bishop have and how does V exploit it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the bishop. How does his character represent the problems with the fascist society?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze how symbolism is used in V for Vendetta. Identify at least five examples of symbolism from the story and explain how and why they are used.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the nature of Helen Heyer's relationship with Conrad. Compare and contrast this couple's relationship to that of Rosemary and Derek Almond.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)