|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his television broadcast, what does V say that the people of England lack?
2. In the letter Evey finds in prison, who is the woman's first love?
3. When Harper knocks on Gordon's door, where does Gordon tell Evey to hide?
4. When the car drives by Evey outside the Kitty-Kat Keller, what are the men inside talking about?
5. In Evey's dream, who does the judy man turn out to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the events that occur at Larkhill, according to Delia Surridge's journal.
2. Describe Evey's prison cell.
3. What is the state of Derek Almond's relationship with his wife?
4. After Gordon is killed, what does Evey plan to do, and why does this plan go awry?
5. What does V recite to the bishop, and why is this ironic?
6. What is the function of the voice of Fate?
7. What does the statement that the guards ask Evey to sign force her to say, and why do you think she refuses?
8. Who does Evey stay with after V leaves her in the street, and how can you describe their relationship?
9. Why is Evey upset when V returns at the beginning of Chapter Three? What does this tell the reader about Evey?
10. What is the name of the song that V sings in the Prelude to Book Two, and what is the general message of the song?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does V never reveal his true identity? What purposes does this secrecy serve?
Essay Topic 2
For what reasons do V imprison Evey? How does the experience change Evey? Do you agree with what he does?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Evey unable to become V's replacement until the end of the story? Describe the knowledge that V imparts to Evey throughout the story.
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)