|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does V use to rescue Evey in Chapter One?
2. In Evey's dream, what does the bedroom look like?
3. What government official is at the Kitty-Kat Keller while Evey and Gordon are there?
4. On what date does V kill Delia and Derek?
5. What does Gordon do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Gordon is killed, what does Evey plan to do, and why does this plan go awry?
2. What is the function of the voice of Fate?
3. According to the prison guards, why is Evey in prison?
4. What does the statement that the guards ask Evey to sign force her to say, and why do you think she refuses?
5. In what ways does Evey's relationship with Gordon change a few months after she moves in?
6. Who does Evey think that V might be, and how does V respond when she asks if this is the case?
7. What forbidden items does V have in his house and why is this important?
8. When Evey sees Rosemary at the Kitty-Kat Keller, what does Evey misunderstand about Rosemary's situation?
9. How is Delia's murder different from V's other killings?
10. Summarize the events that occur at Larkhill, according to Delia Surridge's journal.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Evey like as the new V? Analyze in detail how you think she helps the people of England rebuild their society.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Mr. Finch is affected by V throughout the story. Analyze how Mr. Finch represents the people of England as a whole, and explain what you think he does now that V is dead and the government falls.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Evey has matured throughout the story. Be sure to discuss specific events that changed Evey's outlook.
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)