|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the woman in the letter in a relationship with when her house is raided?
2. Where is the woman in the letter born?
3. When Harper knocks on Gordon's door, where does Gordon tell Evey to hide?
4. What psalm does V recite as he murders the bishop?
5. What is the title of the chapter directly after Gordon dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What deal does Evey want to make with V and why?
2. According to the prison guards, why is Evey in prison?
3. Who does Evey bump into outside the Kitty-Kat Keller, and why is that person there?
4. Who does Evey think that V might be, and how does V respond when she asks if this is the case?
5. Describe how V stages the killing of the bishop, including why he chooses to do what he does.
6. To whom does V compare the people of England, and why do you think he does this?
7. What does Evey find in her cell, and why is it important to her?
8. After Gordon is killed, what does Evey plan to do, and why does this plan go awry?
9. Who does Evey stay with after V leaves her in the street, and how can you describe their relationship?
10. Why is Evey upset when V returns at the beginning of Chapter Three? What does this tell the reader about Evey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Evey unable to become V's replacement until the end of the story? Describe the knowledge that V imparts to Evey throughout the story.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how and why Mr. Finch's attitude toward V changes throughout the story, citing examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze how symbolism is used in V for Vendetta. Identify at least five examples of symbolism from the story and explain how and why they are used.
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)