|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harper use to kill Gordon?
2. When Evey walks into a house after V leaves her in the street, what does she find?
3. On what date does V break into the television station?
4. Why is Evey upset at the beginning of Chapter Nine?
5. Who is the woman in the letter in a relationship with when her house is raided?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Evey dream about and why is her dream significant?
2. What is the function of the voice of Fate?
3. Who does V blame for the current condition of England and why?
4. Who fights at the Kitty-Kat Keller, why, and how is Gordon involved?
5. How does Rosemary Almond feel about Roger Dascombe, and why does she accept his help?
6. What does V recite to the bishop, and why is this ironic?
7. What forbidden items does V have in his house and why is this important?
8. What does V do to Lewis Prothero?
9. In what ways does Evey's relationship with Gordon change a few months after she moves in?
10. Describe Evey's prison cell.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that V's methods are the best way to bring down the government? Do the ends justify the means, or is V a terrorist himself?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Evey has matured throughout the story. Be sure to discuss specific events that changed Evey's outlook.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what happens to V at Larkhill. What is the purpose of Larkhill? Who works there? How does this experience drive V's actions later on?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)