|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the video that the prison guards show Evey?
2. Why is Evey upset at the beginning of Chapter Nine?
3. To what does V compare the people of England in his TV broadcast?
4. What is the name of the woman who wrote the letter in prison?
5. When she sees Gordon's dead body, of whom does Evey have a flashback?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the last chapter, how does Helen Heyer attempt to get Finch to help her, and why do you think he refuses?
2. Explain why V says that Evey has been "in a prison all her life."
3. What does Rosemary try to buy, and why might she need this?
4. Why does V take Evey to the roof?
5. According to the prison guards, why is Evey in prison?
6. What does Rosemary imagine as she dances on stage, and why is this important?
7. What vice does the bishop have and how does V exploit it?
8. What reason does Mr. Finch give for taking acid, and what other issues cause him to do this?
9. What does the reader learn about the story's minor characters from the vignettes?
10. Why does Harper kill Gordon, and how does Evey react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze how symbolism is used in V for Vendetta. Identify at least five examples of symbolism from the story and explain how and why they are used.
Essay Topic 2
Explain V's plan for taking revenge on Adam Susan, why he makes this plan, and analyze why this plan is effective.
Essay Topic 3
Research the rise to power of the Nazis in Germany and the experiments they conduct on those imprisoned in the death camps. How do these events parallel those in V for Vendetta?
This section contains 1,275 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)