|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a judy man?
2. On what date does V kill Delia and Derek?
3. With whom does Mr. Finch reveal he has a relationship?
4. While in prison, what does Evey refuse to do?
5. What kind of flower is a Violet Carson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two people does Evey initially imagine V to be after V dies, and why do you think she does this?
2. What does the reader learn about the story's minor characters from the vignettes?
3. Why is Evey upset when V returns at the beginning of Chapter Three? What does this tell the reader about Evey?
4. To whom does V compare the people of England, and why do you think he does this?
5. After Gordon is killed, what does Evey plan to do, and why does this plan go awry?
6. What is the name of the song that V sings in the Prelude to Book Two, and what is the general message of the song?
7. What reason does V give for imprisoning and torturing Evey? In what way does he accomplish this goal?
8. How does Evey describe the new order of V?
9. In the last chapter, how does Helen Heyer attempt to get Finch to help her, and why do you think he refuses?
10. What does V call his "mistress" and why?
Essay Topic 1
What do Violet Carsons symbolize in the story? Give specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Mr. Finch is affected by V throughout the story. Analyze how Mr. Finch represents the people of England as a whole, and explain what you think he does now that V is dead and the government falls.
Essay Topic 3
What two political extremes do V and Adam Susan represent? Which do you think is more fair to its citizens? Do you think that the citizens in the story benefit more from a less extreme philosophy?
This section contains 1,233 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)