|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does V use to rescue Evey in Chapter One?
2. On what date does V kill Delia and Derek?
3. In Evey's dream, with whom is she really in bed?
4. What does the state refuse to give to Rosemary Almond?
5. Who does V rescue Evey from in Chapter One?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways does Evey's relationship with Gordon change a few months after she moves in?
2. To whom does V compare the people of England, and why do you think he does this?
3. What is the function of the voice of Fate?
4. Why does Harper kill Gordon, and how does Evey react?
5. Describe how V stages the killing of the bishop, including why he chooses to do what he does.
6. What does the statement that the guards ask Evey to sign force her to say, and why do you think she refuses?
7. Summarize the events that occur at Larkhill, according to Delia Surridge's journal.
8. What forbidden items does V have in his house and why is this important?
9. Who does Evey think that V might be, and how does V respond when she asks if this is the case?
10. After Gordon is killed, what does Evey plan to do, and why does this plan go awry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is it so easy for the fascists to seize control of the government? What factors make the people embrace their policies (at least at first)?
Essay Topic 2
Explain V's plan for taking revenge on Adam Susan, why he makes this plan, and analyze why this plan is effective.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Mr. Finch is affected by V throughout the story. Analyze how Mr. Finch represents the people of England as a whole, and explain what you think he does now that V is dead and the government falls.
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)