|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does V blame for England's current condition?
2. After Evey takes Gordon's gun, what happens to her before she can carry out her plan?
3. After Gordon is killed, what does Evey plan to do?
4. What do the prison guards do to Evey after the show her the video?
5. What does the judy man do to the guests lined up on stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What forbidden items does V have in his house and why is this important?
2. Why is Evey upset when V returns at the beginning of Chapter Three? What does this tell the reader about Evey?
3. Describe Evey's prison cell.
4. To whom does V compare the people of England, and why do you think he does this?
5. What does V do to Lewis Prothero?
6. What does Evey find in her cell, and why is it important to her?
7. What deal does Evey want to make with V and why?
8. Who fights at the Kitty-Kat Keller, why, and how is Gordon involved?
9. Summarize the events that occur at Larkhill, according to Delia Surridge's journal.
10. What does Mr. Finch do to Creedy soon after he takes over for Derek, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research the rise to power of the Nazis in Germany and the experiments they conduct on those imprisoned in the death camps. How do these events parallel those in V for Vendetta?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how and why Mr. Finch's attitude toward V changes throughout the story, citing examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Mr. Finch is affected by V throughout the story. Analyze how Mr. Finch represents the people of England as a whole, and explain what you think he does now that V is dead and the government falls.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)