|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Harper knocks on Gordon's door, where does Gordon tell Evey to hide?
2. What does the woman in the letter say is "all we have left in this place"?
3. What do the police find next to Delia's body?
4. What does the judy man do to the guests lined up on stage?
5. On what important date does V rescue Evey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Delia's murder different from V's other killings?
2. What is the function of the voice of Fate?
3. What does Evey find in her cell, and why is it important to her?
4. Who does Evey stay with after V leaves her in the street, and how can you describe their relationship?
5. To whom does V compare the people of England, and why do you think he does this?
6. What does the statement that the guards ask Evey to sign force her to say, and why do you think she refuses?
7. What does V do to Lewis Prothero?
8. According to the prison guards, why is Evey in prison?
9. In what ways does Evey's relationship with Gordon change a few months after she moves in?
10. What is the name of the song that V sings in the Prelude to Book Two, and what is the general message of the song?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
For what reasons do V imprison Evey? How does the experience change Evey? Do you agree with what he does?
Essay Topic 2
Describe what happens to V at Larkhill. What is the purpose of Larkhill? Who works there? How does this experience drive V's actions later on?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze how symbolism is used in V for Vendetta. Identify at least five examples of symbolism from the story and explain how and why they are used.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)