|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a judy man?
2. How is Evey tortured while she is in prison?
3. When Evey bumps into Rosemary, what is Rosemary trying to find?
4. Why is Evey upset at the beginning of Chapter Nine?
5. When Gordon takes Evey out for the evening, why does Evey not fully understand what is going on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the name of the song that V sings in the Prelude to Book Two, and what is the general message of the song?
2. What deal does Evey want to make with V and why?
3. According to the prison guards, why is Evey in prison?
4. In what ways does Evey's relationship with Gordon change a few months after she moves in?
5. What is the state of Derek Almond's relationship with his wife?
6. What does Evey dream about and why is her dream significant?
7. After Gordon is killed, what does Evey plan to do, and why does this plan go awry?
8. Why is Evey upset when V returns at the beginning of Chapter Three? What does this tell the reader about Evey?
9. Summarize the events that occur at Larkhill, according to Delia Surridge's journal.
10. What does the statement that the guards ask Evey to sign force her to say, and why do you think she refuses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what happens to V at Larkhill. What is the purpose of Larkhill? Who works there? How does this experience drive V's actions later on?
Essay Topic 2
What two political extremes do V and Adam Susan represent? Which do you think is more fair to its citizens? Do you think that the citizens in the story benefit more from a less extreme philosophy?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the bishop. How does his character represent the problems with the fascist society?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)