|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in prison, what does Evey refuse to do?
2. On what is the note that Evey found in prison written?
3. What do the prison guards do to Evey after the show her the video?
4. After Evey takes Gordon's gun, what happens to her before she can carry out her plan?
5. What does Mr. Finch think that V uses to kill George?
Short Essay Questions
1. To whom does V compare the people of England, and why do you think he does this?
2. What does Adam Susan ask the computer in the Book Three Prologue, and why is this significant?
3. Who does Evey realize must be under the mask, and how does she react?
4. What does Rosemary try to buy, and why might she need this?
5. What does V recite to the bishop, and why is this ironic?
6. What does V say in his radio broadcast?
7. Who does Evey stay with after V leaves her in the street, and how can you describe their relationship?
8. In the last chapter, how does Helen Heyer attempt to get Finch to help her, and why do you think he refuses?
9. How does Evey's attitude toward V change the day after she leaves prison?
10. What reason does V give for imprisoning and torturing Evey? In what way does he accomplish this goal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Evey like as the new V? Analyze in detail how you think she helps the people of England rebuild their society.
Essay Topic 2
What two political extremes do V and Adam Susan represent? Which do you think is more fair to its citizens? Do you think that the citizens in the story benefit more from a less extreme philosophy?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Evey unable to become V's replacement until the end of the story? Describe the knowledge that V imparts to Evey throughout the story.
This section contains 1,250 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)