|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the prison guards do to Evey after the show her the video?
2. What is V's room number at Larkhill?
3. At the end of V's television broadcast, how do the soldiers attempt to kill him?
4. What item does the voice of Fate collect?
5. Whom does V blame for England's current condition?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harper kill Gordon, and how does Evey react?
2. What is the state of Derek Almond's relationship with his wife?
3. What does Evey dream about and why is her dream significant?
4. Describe Evey's prison cell.
5. According to the prison guards, why is Evey in prison?
6. What deal does Evey want to make with V and why?
7. What is the name of the song that V sings in the Prelude to Book Two, and what is the general message of the song?
8. What is the function of the voice of Fate?
9. What does the statement that the guards ask Evey to sign force her to say, and why do you think she refuses?
10. Why is Valerie imprisoned, and why does she refuse to give in to the guards?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Evey has matured throughout the story. Be sure to discuss specific events that changed Evey's outlook.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the nature of Helen Heyer's relationship with Conrad. Compare and contrast this couple's relationship to that of Rosemary and Derek Almond.
Essay Topic 3
What is inscribed on the mirror in the Shadow Gallery? How does this motto explain V's motivation? Give several specific examples from the story.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)