|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does V say that he knows what happened to Gordon?
(a) He was present at the time.
(b) He did it himself.
(c) Gordon told him it would happen.
(d) It happens to all convicts.
2. What does the Leader say to do to any looters who are caught during the riots?
(a) Bring them to him.
(b) Shoot them.
(c) Hang them.
(d) Arrest them.
3. What location does Evey say is destroyed within twenty-four hours?
(a) The Nose.
(b) The Eye.
(c) The Head.
(d) The Ear.
4. What does Helen Heyer bribe Harper to do?
(a) Kill Creedy.
(b) Leave town.
(c) Keep Creedy from assuming power.
(d) Protect her husband.
5. What does V's laboratory contain?
(a) Animals in cages.
(b) Various experiments in jars.
(c) Pictures of government officials.
(d) Ingredients for explosives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Helen say makes all of the decisions once Conrad is the leader?
2. Who kills Conrad?
3. Who kills Creedy?
4. Who is watching Helen's meeting with Harper?
5. What does "Ave atque vale" translate to in English?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Conrad discover near the end of the story, and how does he find this out?
2. What two people does Evey initially imagine V to be after V dies, and why do you think she does this?
3. Why does V inflict only a minor wound on Mr. Finch, and why does he make it so easy for Mr. Finch to find him?
4. After returning to London from Larkhill, what is Mr. Finch looking for, and why does he stop at the train station?
5. What reason does V give for imprisoning and torturing Evey? In what way does he accomplish this goal?
6. What is the nature of Conrad's relationship with Helen, and what does Helen want Conrad to do?
7. In the last chapter, how does Helen Heyer attempt to get Finch to help her, and why do you think he refuses?
8. Who does Evey realize must be under the mask, and how does she react?
9. What does V say in his radio broadcast?
10. How does Helen react when she sees Conrad injured, and what does this say about her as a character?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)