|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Leader schedule a public appearance?
(a) To hold public trials of insurgents.
(b) To announce his resignation.
(c) To restore public calm.
(d) To denounce V and other terrorists.
2. Who is watching Helen's meeting with Harper?
(d) The Leader.
3. What is Mr. Finch's first name?
4. What does V say is a "prison"?
5. What disturbing message does the Leader's computer screen display?
(a) "I love you."
(b) "Get out."
(c) "I hate you."
(d) "One more hour."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does V say is his goal for Evey?
2. What does "Ave atque vale" translate to in English?
3. What does Rosemary think about as she dances?
4. Near the end of the story, what character finds himself in senior authority?
5. When Dominic reads the love letters found on the street, what does he realize?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Conrad discover near the end of the story, and how does he find this out?
2. In her first appearance as V, what does Evey tell the people of London?
3. After V's radio broadcast, how do people react to their new freedom?
4. What does Rosemary do to the Leader and why?
5. Why does V inflict only a minor wound on Mr. Finch, and why does he make it so easy for Mr. Finch to find him?
6. How does Evey describe the new order of V?
7. How does Helen react when she sees Conrad injured, and what does this say about her as a character?
8. What reason does V give for imprisoning and torturing Evey? In what way does he accomplish this goal?
9. After returning to London from Larkhill, what is Mr. Finch looking for, and why does he stop at the train station?
10. Why does V take Evey to the roof?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)