|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Evey take the man she has kidnapped?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(b) The ruins of Big Ben.
(c) The Shadow Gallery.
(d) The train station.
2. According to V, what room did the woman who wrote the letter occupy at Larkhill?
3. What does V say is a "prison"?
4. What does Rosemary do when the Leader tries to shake her hand?
(a) She spits at him.
(b) She pulls her hand away.
(c) She shoots him.
(d) She slaps him.
5. What do Evey and V do at the end of Book Two, Chapter Fourteen?
(b) Form a plot.
(c) Build a bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Evey leaves prison, where does V take her?
2. At what time does the next to last chapter begin?
3. What does V's laboratory contain?
4. What does Mr. Finch see the vision of Delia doing to the priest?
5. What does "Ave atque vale" translate to in English?
Short Essay Questions
1. After V's radio broadcast, how do people react to their new freedom?
2. What does Adam Susan ask the computer in the Book Three Prologue, and why is this significant?
3. In the last chapter, how does Helen Heyer attempt to get Finch to help her, and why do you think he refuses?
4. Why does V inflict only a minor wound on Mr. Finch, and why does he make it so easy for Mr. Finch to find him?
5. When the guard gives Evey one last chance to give in, what does she say, and what does this say about her character?
6. In her first appearance as V, what does Evey tell the people of London?
7. What does V call his "mistress" and why?
8. How does Evey's attitude toward V change the day after she leaves prison?
9. Near the end of the story, what does V reveal to be his main motivation?
10. Explain why V says that Evey has been "in a prison all her life."
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)