|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the Leader dead, who assumes command?
(d) Mr. Finch.
2. When Evey runs down the prison hallway and opens the door at the end, where does she emerge?
(a) The bishop's bedroom.
(b) A dark alleyway.
(c) The Kitty-Kat Keller.
(d) The Shadow Gallery.
3. What does the Leader say to do to any looters who are caught during the riots?
(a) Shoot them.
(b) Bring them to him.
(c) Hang them.
(d) Arrest them.
4. What disturbing message does the Leader's computer screen display?
(a) "I love you."
(b) "One more hour."
(c) "Get out."
(d) "I hate you."
5. What does Mr. Finch see the vision of Delia doing to the priest?
(a) Arguing with him.
(b) Shaking his hand.
(c) Hugging him.
(d) Kissing his ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else is in the train car, besides the flowers?
2. Where does Evey take the man she has kidnapped?
3. After V dies, who is the second person Evey imagines V may be?
4. According to V, what room did the woman who wrote the letter occupy at Larkhill?
5. After V dies, who does Evey first imagine V may be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Conrad's relationship with Helen, and what does Helen want Conrad to do?
2. Why does V take Evey to the roof?
3. How does Mr. Finch manage to free himself from prison, and why is this significant?
4. After V's radio broadcast, how do people react to their new freedom?
5. In her first appearance as V, what does Evey tell the people of London?
6. What reason does V give for imprisoning and torturing Evey? In what way does he accomplish this goal?
7. Why does V inflict only a minor wound on Mr. Finch, and why does he make it so easy for Mr. Finch to find him?
8. How does Helen react when she sees Conrad injured, and what does this say about her as a character?
9. What two people does Evey initially imagine V to be after V dies, and why do you think she does this?
10. What does Conrad discover near the end of the story, and how does he find this out?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)