|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does V's laboratory contain?
(a) Ingredients for explosives.
(b) Various experiments in jars.
(c) Animals in cages.
(d) Pictures of government officials.
2. After V dies, what does Evey do when she looks into the mirror?
(a) Looks away.
3. At the parade, why do the guards let Rosemary through to the Leader?
(a) She threatens them.
(b) She begs them to.
(c) She has high status.
(d) She pushes past them.
4. How does Evey say she felt about being willing to die for her principles?
(a) Like she could not escape.
(c) Like an angel.
5. Who does Helen say makes all of the decisions once Conrad is the leader?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to V as soon as he returns to the Shadow Gallery after being shot?
2. Where does V stab Mr. Finch?
3. What does the store owner refuse to believe about Rosemary?
4. What does the child give to the Leader?
5. Who kills Creedy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does V call his "mistress" and why?
2. What reason does V give for imprisoning and torturing Evey? In what way does he accomplish this goal?
3. What does Rosemary do to the Leader and why?
4. What do you think V means when he says that he reveals his will to Evey?
5. What does Rosemary try to buy, and why might she need this?
6. When the guard gives Evey one last chance to give in, what does she say, and what does this say about her character?
7. How does Mr. Finch manage to free himself from prison, and why is this significant?
8. Who does Evey realize must be under the mask, and how does she react?
9. What does Conrad discover near the end of the story, and how does he find this out?
10. What two people does Evey initially imagine V to be after V dies, and why do you think she does this?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)