|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Evey kidnap?
2. What does "Ave atque vale" translate to in English?
(a) Goodbye, my love.
(b) Hail and farewell.
(c) Safe journey.
(d) Anarchy prevails.
3. How does Evey say she felt about being willing to die for her principles?
(b) Like an angel.
(c) Like she could not escape.
4. After V dies, what does Evey do when she looks into the mirror?
(b) Looks away.
5. What does V say is a "prison"?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dominic reads the love letters found on the street, what does he realize?
2. What disturbing message does the Leader's computer screen display?
3. What does Rosemary ask to purchase from the store owner?
4. What does the very last panel of the story show?
5. What is the name of the chapter in which Evey leaves the prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does V inflict only a minor wound on Mr. Finch, and why does he make it so easy for Mr. Finch to find him?
2. How does Mr. Finch manage to free himself from prison, and why is this significant?
3. How does Helen react when she sees Conrad injured, and what does this say about her as a character?
4. Why does V take Evey to the roof?
5. After returning to London from Larkhill, what is Mr. Finch looking for, and why does he stop at the train station?
6. How does Evey's attitude toward V change the day after she leaves prison?
7. What does the reader learn about the story's minor characters from the vignettes?
8. What do you think V means when he says that he reveals his will to Evey?
9. What reason does V give for imprisoning and torturing Evey? In what way does he accomplish this goal?
10. Explain why V says that Evey has been "in a prison all her life."
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)