|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harper use to kill Gordon?
(a) A pocket knife.
(b) A rope.
(c) A sword.
(d) A gun.
2. What does the judy man do to the guests lined up on stage?
(a) Knocks off their heads.
(b) Makes them dress up in costumes.
(c) Plays a trick on them.
(d) Trips them.
3. What does V do that drives Prothero to madness?
(a) He interrogates him.
(b) He burns his dolls.
(c) He plays the same record over and over.
(d) He tortures him.
4. What is the bishop's name?
(a) Harold Jones.
(b) George Lowell.
(c) Victor Burrows.
(d) Tony Lilliman.
5. What do the police find next to Delia's body?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A note.
(d) A diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "deal" does Evey make with V?
2. On what is the note that Evey found in prison written?
3. When Gordon takes Evey out for the evening, why does Evey not fully understand what is going on?
4. With what do Surridge and the other scientists at Larkhill inject the prisoners?
5. What is Mrs. Almond's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does V recite to the bishop, and why is this ironic?
2. Describe how V stages the killing of the bishop, including why he chooses to do what he does.
3. What does Mr. Finch do to Creedy soon after he takes over for Derek, and why?
4. To whom does V compare the people of England, and why do you think he does this?
5. What is the function of the voice of Fate?
6. What does Evey find in her cell, and why is it important to her?
7. Why does Harper kill Gordon, and how does Evey react?
8. What deal does Evey want to make with V and why?
9. Who does Evey stay with after V leaves her in the street, and how can you describe their relationship?
10. What is the state of Derek Almond's relationship with his wife?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)