|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the bishop's name?
(a) Victor Burrows.
(b) Tony Lilliman.
(c) George Lowell.
(d) Harold Jones.
2. On what date does V break into the television station?
(a) February Fifteenth.
(b) February Sixth.
(c) February Twenty-Third.
(d) January Seventeenth.
3. On what is the note that Evey found in prison written?
(a) Toilet paper.
(c) Notebook paper.
(d) The wall.
4. How is Evey tortured while she is in prison?
(a) Tied up tight.
(c) Cut with a knife.
(d) Dunked in water.
5. What does the state refuse to give to Rosemary Almond?
(a) A job.
(c) Her husband's body.
(d) Her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does V rescue Evey from in Chapter One?
2. What do the police find next to Delia's body?
3. What is the name of the man who interrogates Evey?
4. What does Gordon ask Evey to do after they live together for a few months?
5. To what does V compare the people of England in his TV broadcast?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how V stages the killing of the bishop, including why he chooses to do what he does.
2. Who does Evey stay with after V leaves her in the street, and how can you describe their relationship?
3. What vice does the bishop have and how does V exploit it?
4. After Gordon is killed, what does Evey plan to do, and why does this plan go awry?
5. Who fights at the Kitty-Kat Keller, why, and how is Gordon involved?
6. What is the function of the voice of Fate?
7. Why does Harper kill Gordon, and how does Evey react?
8. What does V recite to the bishop, and why is this ironic?
9. Summarize the events that occur at Larkhill, according to Delia Surridge's journal.
10. What does the statement that the guards ask Evey to sign force her to say, and why do you think she refuses?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)