|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Evey tortured while she is in prison?
(b) Cut with a knife.
(c) Dunked in water.
(d) Tied up tight.
2. What is the name of V's house?
(a) The Dark Mansion.
(b) The Book Emporium.
(c) The Shadow Gallery.
(d) The Blooming Flower.
3. What vice does the bishop have?
(a) He smokes.
(b) He drinks too much.
(c) He gambles.
(d) He likes young girls.
4. How does Evey get away from the bishop before V comes?
(a) She stabs him.
(b) She distracts him and runs away.
(c) She trips him.
(d) She slaps him.
5. On what date does V kill Delia and Derek?
(a) December Twenty-Fourth.
(b) December Twenty-Second.
(c) December Twenty-Fifth.
(d) December Twenty-Third.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the judy man do to the guests lined up on stage?
2. Why does the government take Evey's father away?
3. What animal is in Evey's prison cell?
4. Who does Evey see at the Kitty-Kat Keller?
5. Who does Mr. Finch punch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two people does Evey initially imagine V to be after V dies, and why do you think she does this?
2. When Dominic reads the love letters he finds, what does he realize and what is ironic about this?
3. In the last chapter, how does Helen Heyer attempt to get Finch to help her, and why do you think he refuses?
4. What is Helen Heyer's plan for Conrad's leadership?
5. How is Delia's murder different from V's other killings?
6. What does Mr. Finch do to Creedy soon after he takes over for Derek, and why?
7. What is the name of the song that V sings in the Prelude to Book Two, and what is the general message of the song?
8. How does Mr. Finch manage to free himself from prison, and why is this significant?
9. In what ways does Evey's relationship with Gordon change a few months after she moves in?
10. Who does Evey think that V might be, and how does V respond when she asks if this is the case?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)