|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meat does Marta serve Utz and the narrator?
2. What was the name of Utz's New York dealer?
(a) Dr. Davis.
(b) Dr. Xerox.
(c) Dr. Franfurter.
(d) Dr. Franz.
3. What does Utz say it is too late for a woman to love him for?
(a) His morals.
(b) His taste.
(c) His looks.
(d) His money.
4. What room does Marta withdraw to?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The lounge.
(c) The games room.
(d) The kitchen.
5. Where is Dr. Frankfurter's porcelain made?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Utz find disgusting about the woman's legs?
2. What does Utz admit to storing in a vault at a Swiss bank?
3. What does the boy do when the blonde woman touches him?
4. What does Utz suggest he and the narrator do?
5. What city does Utz say he hates?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator see in Utz's bedroom?
2. Why does the woman on the train disgust Utz?
3. What does Utz conclude about luxury?
4. What does Utz remember about the mushroom season?
5. Why does Utz dislike Vichy?
6. Why did Marco Polo call Cowrie beads porcelain shells?
7. How did Utz get a visa to leave Czechoslovakia?
8. Why is Marta devoted to Utz?
9. What did Utz fantacize would happen on his trip?
10. Why did Utz decide to leave Czechoslovakia?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)