|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What room does Marta withdraw to?
(a) The lounge.
(b) The games room.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The kitchen.
2. What is Utz's bedside lampshade made from?
3. What famous explorer is referred to in this section?
(a) James Cook.
(b) Marco Polo.
(c) Christopher Columbus.
(d) John Thompson.
4. What does Utz find disgusting about the woman's legs?
(a) The are full of scabs.
(b) They are too skinny.
(c) They are unshaved.
(d) They are too fat.
5. What does Utz say people once believed silver turned into?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has promised to make the narrator rich if he find Utz's porcelain collection?
2. What does the boy do when the blonde woman touches him?
3. What room does the narrator ask to see?
4. What was the name of Utz's New York dealer?
5. How does Utz say the free world presented itself to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the German's use Bottger's porcelain during the 1923 inflation?
2. Why did Marco Polo call Cowrie beads porcelain shells?
3. How did Utz get a visa to leave Czechoslovakia?
4. How does Utz react when the narrator asks to see his bathroom?
5. Why does the woman on the train disgust Utz?
6. Why does Marta bang pots together?
7. How did Bottger allow Augustus the strong to open the first commercial porcelain factory in 1710?
8. What does Utz remember about the mushroom season?
9. Why does Utz say he took up alchemical studies?
10. Why did the makers call the white porcelain porcelain?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)