|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Utz find disgusting about the woman's legs?
(a) They are too fat.
(b) The are full of scabs.
(c) They are too skinny.
(d) They are unshaved.
2. What did Bottger develop in 1708?
(a) Red porcelain.
(b) Blue porcelain.
(c) Gold chains.
(d) Bone china.
3. How does the narrator find the mood in the Soviet Union?
4. What did Marco Polo call cowrie beads?
(a) Pork ears.
(b) Pigs' backs.
(c) Porcelain buttons.
(d) Porcelain shells.
5. What does Utz suggest he and the narrator do?
(a) Go to a bar.
(d) Play snooker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What price does Franfurter say he selling the Pulchinella to Utz for?
2. What meat does Marta serve Utz and the narrator?
3. Who sends the narrator a card to inform him of Utz's death?
4. What was Bottger's grandfather's occupation?
5. What kind of candlestick does Marta bring into the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Utz want to go back to Prague?
2. Why does Marta bang pots together?
3. Why does Utz think porcelain was the Chinese people's material?
4. How does Utz react when the narrator asks to see his bathroom?
5. How did the German's use Bottger's porcelain during the 1923 inflation?
6. Why did people think gold could save one from death?
7. Why does Utz dislike Vichy?
8. How did Bottger allow Augustus the strong to open the first commercial porcelain factory in 1710?
9. What does the narrator see in Utz's bedroom?
10. Why did the makers call the white porcelain porcelain?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)