|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the figure of Pulchinella being fed by a young boy?
2. What does Utz find disgusting about the woman's legs?
(a) They are too skinny.
(b) They are too fat.
(c) They are unshaved.
(d) The are full of scabs.
3. What city does Utz meet the man from his bank?
4. What does Utz say it is too late for a woman to love him for?
(a) His morals.
(b) His money.
(c) His taste.
(d) His looks.
5. What does Utz believe porcelain is the antidote to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What room does the narrator ask to see?
2. What was Bottger's grandfather's occupation?
3. How does Utz say the free world presented itself to him?
4. What used to be used as currency in Africa and Asia?
5. What do the customs men take from Utz?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Marco Polo call Cowrie beads porcelain shells?
2. Describe Utz's bathrobe.
3. How did Utz get a visa to leave Czechoslovakia?
4. Describe the porcelain figure Dr. Franfurter sells Utz.
5. Why did Utz decide to leave Czechoslovakia?
6. Why does Utz want to go back to Prague?
7. Why does Utz think porcelain was the Chinese people's material?
8. Why does Marta bang pots together?
9. What does Utz remember about the mushroom season?
10. How did Bottger allow Augustus the strong to open the first commercial porcelain factory in 1710?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)