|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Marta toasting at four pm?
(b) The bear.
(d) The Bolsheviks.
2. What did Utz plan with care?
(a) His film.
(b) His book.
(c) His death.
(d) His funeral.
3. What German city does Utz's grandmother send him to?
4. On what special day did Yossel run amok?
5. What color is Utz's carpet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Utz disavow after Germany surrenders?
2. Where do Orlik and Marta go for breakfast?
3. What is Orlik's specialty since stopping his studies of mammoths?
4. How does Utz want to use the money he has in Switzerland?
5. What story is Rabbi Loew associated with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the stuffed bear in the Hotel Bristol.
2. Describe Utz's apartment.
3. How does Rabbi Loew stop Yossel from running amok?
4. Where does the golem legend have its roots?
5. How does the narrator describe Utz?
6. What does Utz's funeral suggest about him as a person?
7. How did Utz's grandmother ignite Utz's interest in Porcelain collecting?
8. How does Utz help people during the war?
9. Why does Dr. Orlik study the household fly?
10. Who was Rabbi Loew?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)