|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has paid for Orlik and Marta's breakfast at the Hotel Bristow?
2. What race does Utz consider himself to be?
3. What city are the chairs in Utz's room from?
4. What does Utz start to watch in the cinema twice a week?
(a) Hollywood films.
(b) Chinese films.
(c) Soviet films.
(d) Japanese films.
5. How does Utz want to use the money he has in Switzerland?
(a) To buy more porcelain.
(b) To buy a car.
(c) To get out of Czechoslovakia.
(d) To bribe the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Utz's carpet?
2. Why does Utz think Germany will lose the war?
3. What does the narrator say Prague is compared to other European cities?
4. What does Utz own a spectacular collection of?
5. Whose tomb do the Hasids lay stone on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Utz help people during the war?
2. How did Rabbi Loew use Yossel?
3. Why has the narrator come to Prague?
4. Who was Rabbi Loew?
5. Why does the narrator's friend send him to meet Utz?
6. Why is there no trout available at the trout restaurant?
7. How did the communist state divert people's attentions from the Christian rituals of Utz's funeral?
8. Why did the Nazis preserve the Jewish cemetery?
9. Describe the stuffed bear in the Hotel Bristol.
10. How does the narrator describe Utz?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)