|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the secret police do in Utz'a flat for two weeks?
(a) Destroy the porcelain.
(b) Set up camera equipment.
(c) Have a party.
(d) Take photograhs.
2. To where does Utz ship his porcelain?
(b) Ceske Krizove.
(d) Ceske Krumlov.
3. What covers Utz's coffin?
(c) Fox Gloves.
4. What does Utz slam on to the desk when someone questions his racial purity?
(a) His mother's photo.
(b) A knife.
(c) His birth certificate.
(d) His father's medal.
5. Who does Utz believe art collections should belong to?
(b) Private collectors.
(c) The state.
(d) The community.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which political group has laid a wreath on Utz's coffin?
2. Whose tomb do the Hasids lay stone on?
3. What does Golem mean in Hebrew?
4. What is Vaclav waiting for outside the church?
5. Why did the narrator go to Prague?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rabbi Loew stop Yossel from running amok?
2. Who was Rabbi Loew?
3. What does the narrator observe about Utz's porcelain?
4. How does Utz develop his theory about porcelain collecting?
5. How does the narrator describe Utz?
6. Why does the narrator's friend send him to meet Utz?
7. Why did the Nazis preserve the Jewish cemetery?
8. Where does the golem legend have its roots?
9. How did Utz lose his temper with the secret police?
10. How does Utz say he was able to keep his porcelain collection?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)