|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happen when someone removes the strip of metal from Yossel?
(a) He talks.
(b) He falls down.
(c) He run amok.
(d) He is lifeless.
2. What city does Utz live in?
3. How does Utz want to use the money he has in Switzerland?
(a) To buy more porcelain.
(b) To buy a car.
(c) To bribe the government.
(d) To get out of Czechoslovakia.
4. What does Utz slam on to the desk when someone questions his racial purity?
(a) A knife.
(b) His father's medal.
(c) His birth certificate.
(d) His mother's photo.
5. Who did Utz help during the war?
(a) Gipsy friends.
(b) The Nazis.
(c) Jewish friends.
(d) The British.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Utz believe should be looted every fifty years?
2. What race does Utz consider himself to be?
3. What does Utz disavow after Germany surrenders?
4. Why did the narrator go to Prague?
5. What does Utz spend hours doing in Dresden?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Utz?
2. How does Rabbi Loew stop Yossel from running amok?
3. How does Utz say he was able to keep his porcelain collection?
4. What does Dr. Orlik do every time he sees a fly in the restaurant?
5. Describe Utz's apartment.
6. What does Utz's funeral suggest about him as a person?
7. How did Utz's grandmother ignite Utz's interest in Porcelain collecting?
8. What does the narrator observe about Utz's porcelain?
9. Why does Dr. Orlik study the household fly?
10. Why has the narrator come to Prague?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)