|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which political group has laid a wreath on Utz's coffin?
(a) The Nihilists.
(b) The Bolsheviks.
(c) The Liberals.
(d) The Nazis.
2. What does met mean in Hebrew?
3. What character from the bible was said to be a Golem?
4. What does Utz disavow after Germany surrenders?
(a) His German passport.
(b) His German family.
(c) His brother.
(d) His Nazi membership.
5. Where does Utz meet the narrator?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A bar.
(c) A park.
(d) A restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what special day did Yossel run amok?
2. Who are the all trout at the restaurant reserved for?
3. What does Utz's doctor prescribe him?
4. What does Golem mean in Hebrew?
5. Who does Utz believe art collections should belong to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Utz say he was able to keep his porcelain collection?
2. How could a rabbi destroy a golem?
3. Why do the Jews think Adam was the first golem?
4. Why did the Nazis preserve the Jewish cemetery?
5. What does Utz's funeral suggest about him as a person?
6. How did Utz's grandmother ignite Utz's interest in Porcelain collecting?
7. How did Utz lose his temper with the secret police?
8. How does Utz help people during the war?
9. How does Utz develop his theory about porcelain collecting?
10. What does the narrator observe about Utz's porcelain?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)