|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mood in Prague seem in comparison to the Soviet Union?
2. Who does the narrator say is devoted to Utz?
3. What language does Utz mumble loud enough for the blonde woman to hear?
4. What is the figure of Pulchinella being fed by a young boy?
5. What would Marta hide the hare or peasant under to get past the police?
6. What does Utz say is the same word as porcelain?
7. What does Utz say it is too late for a woman to love him for?
(a) His morals.
(b) His looks.
(c) His taste.
(d) His money.
8. In which city was the CapodiMonte factory set up?
9. In what city does Utz meet Dr. Frankfurter?
(c) New York.
10. Who does Utz think about alone in his apartment?
11. Why does Utz say he had his feet on both sides of the iron curtain?
(a) He had a government job.
(b) He was a pilot.
(c) He had investments in the West.
(d) He had family in West.
12. What does Utz think his food lacks?
13. What does Utz say people once believed silver turned into?
14. What room does the narrator ask to see?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The loinge.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The kitchen.
15. What does the narrator feel in the young people they pass?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Marco Polo think cowrie beads looked like?
2. Who is Utz's hero?
3. What does Utz see a woman doing with her young son?
4. What city does Utz say he sleeps soundly in?
5. What does Utz believe porcelain is the antidote to?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)