|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Utz admit to storing in a vault at a Swiss bank?
2. What meat does Marta serve Utz and the narrator?
3. Who is Utz's hero?
(a) King Wencelas.
(b) Augustus the Strong.
(c) King Louis III.
4. What does Utz suggest he and the narrator do?
(c) Go to a bar.
(d) Play snooker.
5. What does Utz's robe have on its shoulder?
(d) A hammer and sickle.
6. Who does Utz think about alone in his apartment?
7. What does Utz say is one of life's pleasures?
(a) Children's laughter.
(b) Natural food.
(c) A woman's happiness.
(d) Business trade.
8. What was Bottger's grandfather's occupation?
9. What does Utz believe porcelain is the antidote to?
10. What room does the narrator ask to see?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The loinge.
(d) The dining room.
11. What would Marta hide the hare or peasant under to get past the police?
12. What is the collar of Utz's bathrobe made from?
(a) Emu feathers.
(b) Bear fur.
(c) Ostrich plumes.
(d) Monkey fur.
13. What famous event is almost a year away?
(a) The Witches' Hour.
(b) The Velvet Revolution.
(c) The Hungarian Uprising.
(d) Prague Spring.
14. What city does Utz say he hates?
15. What does the narrator feel in the young people they pass?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Marco Polo call cowrie beads?
2. What town would Utz stop at on the way back from Prague?
3. What Asian country had a huge impact on European imagination?
4. What price does Franfurter say he selling the Pulchinella to Utz for?
5. Who sends the narrator a card to inform him of Utz's death?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)