|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meat does Marta serve Utz and the narrator?
2. What price does Franfurter say he selling the Pulchinella to Utz for?
(a) A Communist's price.
(b) A Jewish price.
(c) A friend's price.
(d) A cheap price.
3. Where do the narrator and Utz walk to?
(a) Old Town Square.
(b) Mala Strana.
(c) Wencelas Square.
(d) Namesti Miru.
4. What did Bottger develop in 1708?
(a) Blue porcelain.
(b) Gold chains.
(c) Bone china.
(d) Red porcelain.
5. What does Utz think his food lacks?
6. Who does the narrator say is devoted to Utz?
7. What does Utz believe alchemy was?
(a) A form of mediatation.
(b) A religious ceremony.
(c) A mystical exercise.
(d) A spiritual cominf.
8. How does the narrator find the mood in the Soviet Union?
9. What does Utz say the search for gold was the search for?
10. What did Augustus the Strong's granddaughter found?
(a) The Vichy factory.
(b) The CapodiMonte factoy.
11. Who opened the first Porcelain factory in 1710?
(a) Jackson Dennis.
(b) Augustus the Strong.
(c) Louis Fatwa.
(d) Adolf Schultz.
12. What does Utz say is the same word as porcelain?
13. What town would Utz stop at on the way back from Prague?
14. What does Utz's robe have on its shoulder?
(b) A hammer and sickle.
15. What city would Utz go to during mushroom season?
(a) Ceske Krumlov.
(c) Ceske Krizove.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Utz say people once believed Crystals turned into?
2. What does Utz say it is too late for a woman to love him for?
3. What used to be used as currency in Africa and Asia?
4. What does Utz suggest he and the narrator do?
5. What was Bottger's grandfather's occupation?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)