|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who opened the first Porcelain factory in 1710?
(a) Augustus the Strong.
(b) Jackson Dennis.
(c) Louis Fatwa.
(d) Adolf Schultz.
2. What room does the narrator ask to see?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The loinge.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The dining room.
3. What would Marta hide the hare or peasant under to get past the police?
4. What did Marco Polo call cowrie beads?
(a) Porcelain shells.
(b) Pork ears.
(c) Pigs' backs.
(d) Porcelain buttons.
5. What does the boy do when the blonde woman touches him?
6. What kind of candlestick does Marta bring into the room?
(a) A Commedia dell'Arte candlestick.
(b) A Tabor candlestick.
(c) A Meissen candlestick.
(d) A Dresden candletick.
7. What price does Franfurter say he selling the Pulchinella to Utz for?
(a) A Jewish price.
(b) A friend's price.
(c) A Communist's price.
(d) A cheap price.
8. What does the narrator feel in the young people they pass?
9. What does the man from Utz's bank hand to Utz?
(a) A postal order.
(b) An envelope full of money.
(c) A bag full of money.
(d) A check.
10. What language does Utz mumble loud enough for the blonde woman to hear?
11. In which city was the CapodiMonte factory set up?
12. How do Utz and Marta counter any microphones that may have been planted in the house?
(a) Set off alarms.
(b) Talk in code.
(c) Bang pots.
13. What famous event is almost a year away?
(a) The Velvet Revolution.
(b) The Witches' Hour.
(c) Prague Spring.
(d) The Hungarian Uprising.
14. What does the blond woman throw out of the window?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) A lunch box.
(c) A chicken leg.
(d) A snail.
15. What does Utz believe alchemy was?
(a) A religious ceremony.
(b) A form of mediatation.
(c) A mystical exercise.
(d) A spiritual cominf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Utz say it is too late for a woman to love him for?
2. What town would Utz stop at on the way back from Prague?
3. What was Bottger's grandfather's occupation?
4. What does Utz say is the same word as porcelain?
5. What famous explorer is referred to in this section?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)