|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Utz see a woman doing with her young son?
2. What does Utz say the search for gold was the search for?
3. What does the blond woman throw out of the window?
(a) A snail.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A chicken leg.
(d) A lunch box.
4. What piece does Utz tell the narrator he smuggled into Czechslovakia?
(a) The Yardly.
(b) The Augustus.
(c) The Haremetta.
(d) The Pulchinella.
5. What did Marco Polo call cowrie beads?
(a) Pork ears.
(b) Porcelain shells.
(c) Porcelain buttons.
(d) Pigs' backs.
6. What does the narrator think Utz may have hidden in his dressing table?
(a) Gold coins.
(b) A gun.
(d) A wig.
7. What famous event is almost a year away?
(a) The Witches' Hour.
(b) The Velvet Revolution.
(c) Prague Spring.
(d) The Hungarian Uprising.
8. What does Utz suggest he and the narrator do?
(a) Go to a bar.
(b) Play snooker.
9. What does Utz say it is too late for a woman to love him for?
(a) His taste.
(b) His money.
(c) His morals.
(d) His looks.
10. What is the collar of Utz's bathrobe made from?
(a) Monkey fur.
(b) Bear fur.
(c) Ostrich plumes.
(d) Emu feathers.
11. What does Utz believe alchemy was?
(a) A mystical exercise.
(b) A form of mediatation.
(c) A spiritual cominf.
(d) A religious ceremony.
12. What did the Chinese teach that god was the body of?
(a) The Gods.
(b) The Emperor.
(c) The Emperor's wives.
(d) The community.
13. What language does Utz mumble loud enough for the blonde woman to hear?
14. What is the figure of Pulchinella being fed by a young boy?
15. Who did Utz fantasize he would meet?
(a) A lonely middle-aged women.
(b) A teenage girl.
(c) A British heiress.
(d) A fun-loving American.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Marco Polo think cowrie beads looked like?
2. What does porcella mean in Italian?
3. What does Utz say people once believed Crystals turned into?
4. In what city does Utz meet Dr. Frankfurter?
5. Where do the narrator and Utz walk to?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)