|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happen when someone removes the strip of metal from Yossel?
(a) He falls down.
(b) He talks.
(c) He run amok.
(d) He is lifeless.
2. What does emet mean in Hebrew?
3. What stands at the far end of the table in Hotel Bristol?
(a) A stuffed horse.
(b) A stuffed bird.
(c) A stuffed wolf.
(d) A stuffed bear.
4. What does a Golem have in his mouth or across his forehead?
(a) A strip of metal.
(b) An iron rod.
(c) A steel rod.
(d) A strip of plastic.
5. What character from the bible was said to be a Golem?
6. Who is Marta toasting at four pm?
(a) The bear.
(b) The Bolsheviks.
7. To where does Utz ship his porcelain?
(b) Ceske Krizove.
(d) Ceske Krumlov.
8. What race does Utz consider himself to be?
9. What does Marta drink at breakfast?
10. What city does Utz live in?
11. What is Vaclav waiting for outside the church?
(a) A priest.
(b) A friend.
(c) A date.
(d) A hearse.
12. What does Utz's doctor prescribe him?
(a) A visit to the mountains.
(b) A visit to the spa.
(c) A visit to the forest region.
(d) A visit to Utopia.
13. What does Utz's apartment overlook?
(a) Namesti Miru.
(b) The Old Jewish Cemetary.
(c) Old Town Square.
(d) Wencelas Square.
14. Who does Utz believe art collections should belong to?
(b) Private collectors.
(c) The state.
(d) The community.
15. Where city did Utz rescue the Barcelona chairs from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Utz's servant?
2. How does the narrator describe the main room in Utz's apartment?
3. What does Golem mean in Hebrew?
4. What has the Director of the Rudolfine Museum placed on Utz's coffin?
5. Where was the bear shot?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)