|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Utz say he felt when the secret police left his apartment?
2. What does a Golem have in his mouth or across his forehead?
(a) A strip of plastic.
(b) A strip of metal.
(c) A steel rod.
(d) An iron rod.
3. Whose tomb do the Hasids lay stone on?
(a) Jan Hus.
(b) Rabbi Loew.
(c) Franz Kafka.
(d) Tomas Masaryk.
4. What covers Utz's coffin?
(d) Fox Gloves.
5. Where city did Utz rescue the Barcelona chairs from?
6. What does Utz disavow after Germany surrenders?
(a) His German family.
(b) His brother.
(c) His German passport.
(d) His Nazi membership.
7. Which political group has laid a wreath on Utz's coffin?
(a) The Nazis.
(b) The Nihilists.
(c) The Liberals.
(d) The Bolsheviks.
8. What does Utz spend hours doing in Dresden?
(a) Going to the cinema.
(b) Drinking beer.
(c) Visiting museums.
(d) Visiting caberets.
9. What does Utz's apartment overlook?
(a) Old Town Square.
(b) Namesti Miru.
(c) Wencelas Square.
(d) The Old Jewish Cemetary.
10. To where does Utz ship his porcelain?
(a) Ceske Krizove.
(c) Ceske Krumlov.
11. How does the narrator describe Utz's face?
12. What has the Director of the Rudolfine Museum placed on Utz's coffin?
(a) A wreath.
(b) A condolence card.
(c) A rose.
(d) A bible.
13. How does Utz want to use the money he has in Switzerland?
(a) To get out of Czechoslovakia.
(b) To buy a car.
(c) To buy more porcelain.
(d) To bribe the government.
14. Why did the narrator go to Prague?
(a) To study at university.
(b) For historical research.
(c) To oust the Communist government.
(d) As a spy.
15. On what special day did Yossel run amok?
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization was the curator of the museum from?
2. Where does Utz meet the narrator?
3. What character from the bible was said to be a Golem?
4. What color carnations does Urlik place on Utz's coffin?
5. Why does Utz think Germany will lose the war?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)