|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happen when someone removes the strip of metal from Yossel?
(a) He run amok.
(b) He is lifeless.
(c) He talks.
(d) He falls down.
2. What religion did Utz's grandmother convert to?
3. What German city does Utz's grandmother send him to?
4. How does Utz want to use the money he has in Switzerland?
(a) To buy a car.
(b) To bribe the government.
(c) To get out of Czechoslovakia.
(d) To buy more porcelain.
5. What was the easiest way to get an exit visa?
(a) On the grounds of ill health.
(b) On the grounds of depression.
(c) On the grounds of writer's block.
(d) On the grounds of racial hatred.
6. Who is Marta toasting at four pm?
(a) The Bolsheviks.
(b) The bear.
7. What was the name of Rabbi Loew's golem?
8. What color carnations does Urlik place on Utz's coffin?
9. Why does Utz think Jews make good art collector?
(a) It made them popular.
(b) They know the value of life.
(c) It is forbidden to them.
(d) They could alway do it undisturbed.
10. Why does Utz think Germany will lose the war?
(a) Hitler's star will soon fade.
(b) Only Germany believes in Fascism.
(c) Invaders usually come to grief.
(d) Germany does not have enough fire power.
11. What is Orlik's specialty since stopping his studies of mammoths?
(a) The bee.
(b) The wasp.
(c) The common housefly.
(d) The dragonfly.
12. What stands at the far end of the table in Hotel Bristol?
(a) A stuffed wolf.
(b) A stuffed bird.
(c) A stuffed horse.
(d) A stuffed bear.
13. How does Utz say he felt when the secret police left his apartment?
14. What is the address of Kasper Joachim's apartment?
(a) 14 Sarkova Street.
(b) 10 Pod Terebkou.
(c) 5 Sirroka Street.
(d) 2 Krymska Street.
15. What color is Utz's carpet?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which political group has laid a wreath on Utz's coffin?
2. Who does Utz believe art collections should belong to?
3. Where was the bear shot?
4. On what special day did Yossel run amok?
5. What kind of bear is at the end of the table?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)