|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 (page 59 to page 95).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Utz say he sleeps soundly in?
2. Who does the narrator say is devoted to Utz?
3. Why does Utz think Germany will lose the war?
(a) Hitler's star will soon fade.
(b) Only Germany believes in Fascism.
(c) Germany does not have enough fire power.
(d) Invaders usually come to grief.
4. What has the Director of the Rudolfine Museum placed on Utz's coffin?
(a) A rose.
(b) A condolence card.
(c) A bible.
(d) A wreath.
5. What kind of bear is at the end of the table?
(a) A black bear.
(b) A grizzly bear.
(c) A brown bear.
(d) A sloth bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Prague is compared to other European cities?
2. What does Utz think his food lacks?
3. What religion did Utz's grandmother convert to?
4. To where does Utz ship his porcelain?
5. What does Utz disavow after Germany surrenders?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)