|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2 (page 27 to page 58).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Orlik and Marta go for breakfast?
(a) Cafe Louvre
(b) The Golden Gate.
(c) The Hotel Bristol.
2. What religion did Utz's grandmother convert to?
3. Where does Utz meet the narrator?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A bar.
(c) A park.
(d) A restaurant.
4. What stands at the far end of the table in Hotel Bristol?
(a) A stuffed bird.
(b) A stuffed bear.
(c) A stuffed horse.
(d) A stuffed wolf.
5. What was the easiest way to get an exit visa?
(a) On the grounds of writer's block.
(b) On the grounds of depression.
(c) On the grounds of racial hatred.
(d) On the grounds of ill health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Utz slam on to the desk when someone questions his racial purity?
2. What is Orlik's specialty since stopping his studies of mammoths?
3. What does Utz's doctor prescribe him?
4. What does Utz disavow after Germany surrenders?
5. How does Utz say he felt when the secret police left his apartment?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)