|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2 (page 27 to page 58).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Utz want to use the money he has in Switzerland?
(a) To get out of Czechoslovakia.
(b) To buy more porcelain.
(c) To buy a car.
(d) To bribe the government.
2. What was the name of Rabbi Loew's golem?
3. What does the bear symbolize?
(a) Communist rule.
(c) Family unity.
(d) The country's protector.
4. Whose tomb do the Hasids lay stone on?
(a) Franz Kafka.
(b) Jan Hus.
(c) Rabbi Loew.
(d) Tomas Masaryk.
5. What happen when someone removes the strip of metal from Yossel?
(a) He is lifeless.
(b) He talks.
(c) He run amok.
(d) He falls down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Prague do Utz and the narrator spend their afternoon strolling through?
2. What is the name of Utz's servant?
3. What kind of bear is at the end of the table?
4. Why does Utz think Jews make good art collector?
5. What religion did Utz's grandmother convert to?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)