|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had changed about Piri's mother?
(a) She was pregnant.
(b) She was always worried.
(c) She looked steely and determined.
(d) She was sick.
2. What did Farenc reveal to Piri?
(a) Komjaty was about to be shelled.
(b) The road to Beregszasz was closed.
(c) Komjaty was not going to be attacked.
(d) Her parents had escaped.
3. What had Mother failed to do when she came home at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Secure visas for America.
(b) Secure passage to the country for the children.
(c) Get the police to condemn the Anti-Semites' attack.
(d) Make money.
4. In what location did the narrator begin?
5. How did the war affect Piri's father's position?
(a) He was drafted.
(b) He was demoted.
(c) He was fired.
(d) He was promoted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political alliance took place at the end of Chapter 9?
2. What does Piri compare to her life in Komjaty?
3. What made Piri ill?
4. Who were the Hungarians fighting when Piri was on the farm?
5. To whom did Piri entrust a letter to her parents?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)