|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the community with the run-down cemetery?
2. Which description matches the painting Joe was in?
3. Where did Joe feel most at home?
4. In the story about Mr. Hunter's grave, who admits to enjoying cemetery walks?
5. What is the occupation of the man in love with Peggy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which story in Up in the Old Hotel and Other Stories is the most remarkable? How does Mitchell make this story remarkable?
Essay Topic 2
What role does the theme of anger play in Up in the Old Hotel and Other Stories? Describe at least three ways in which Mitchell develops this theme.
Essay Topic 3
Think about the story about Philippa Schuyler, the musical prodigy with parents who force a strict diet of all raw food on her. Does Mitchell seem more interested in Philippa or her parents? Explain how you know, focusing on specific examples.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)