|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Hugh's close friend?
2. What is the name of the man who guessed Hugh Flood would die soon?
3. Who did Peggy tell that she was punished by God for being bad?
4. How does Mitchell remain out of the loop in Peggy's story?
5. What did Mr. Cusack receive as a gift?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role do vices like alcohol play in Mitchell's stories? What message do the stories tend to send about the use of these vices?
Essay Topic 2
Jane, Lady Olga the bearded lady, has an interesting outlook on life. Describe this point of view. Has Jane given up on life? Has she given up on changing her fate? Is she happy?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Hugh Flood a significant character? What characteristics are interesting in this subject? Why is it important to note that he is actually a compilation of different people Mitchell knows?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)