Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the owner of the restaurant in "Up in the Old Hotel"?
2. In "Rats on the Waterfront," how were the rats brought in?
3. What bad thing did Peggy say she did?
4. What was Peggy self-conscious about?
5. Which description matches the painting Joe was in?
Essay Topic 1
What role does the theme of anger play in Up in the Old Hotel and Other Stories? Describe at least three ways in which Mitchell develops this theme.
Essay Topic 2
What role do vices like alcohol play in Mitchell's stories? What message do the stories tend to send about the use of these vices?
Essay Topic 3
Many of Mitchell's stories involve the ocean or harvesting for seafood. To what extent is the ocean a symbol in Mitchell's stories? What does the ocean symbolize? Is it just a coincidence?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)