Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the owner of the restaurant in "Up in the Old Hotel"?
2. In "Rats on the Waterfront," how were the rats brought in?
3. What bad thing did Peggy say she did?
4. What was Peggy self-conscious about?
5. Which description matches the painting Joe was in?
Essay Topic 1
How do elements of humor contrast with elements of darkness in Mitchell's collection of short stories? Give three specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Why did Mitchell lose interest in Joe Gould? What sparked his interest again?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role naivety plays in some of the stories in this collection. Which stories and characters are most representative of naivety? Why?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)