|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year did Hugh Floor believe he would die?
2. On what street did Mitchell and Zimmers have lunch?
3. What was Peggy self-conscious about?
4. Mr. Cusack found men throwing what item into the river one evening?
5. Who is the owner of the restaurant in "Up in the Old Hotel"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Hugh Flood a significant character? What characteristics are interesting in this subject? Why is it important to note that he is actually a compilation of different people Mitchell knows?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role naivety plays in some of the stories in this collection. Which stories and characters are most representative of naivety? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Is Mitchell a reliable narrator? Why or why not? What are some possible roadblocks for Mitchell to be a reliable narrator?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)