|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hugh Flood spend most of his time?
2. What did Dockery use to haul firewood?
3. Which sentence best describes the way Mitchell wrote Hugh Flood as a subject?
4. What is the name of the main person in "On the Wagon"?
5. How old was Hugh Flood at the time the events Mitchell writes about occurred?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Mitchell choose these stories to be in this collection? Focus on and analyze three stories to answer this question.
Essay Topic 2
Think about the story about Philippa Schuyler, the musical prodigy with parents who force a strict diet of all raw food on her. Does Mitchell seem more interested in Philippa or her parents? Explain how you know, focusing on specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Which character would you choose to write a full-length biography about if you were Mitchell? Explain why this character made such a big impression on you.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)