|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mitchell believes that to Peggy, what purpose did the little girl serve?
2. What hotel did Hugh Flood live in?
3. Who is the owner of the restaurant in "Up in the Old Hotel"?
4. What is the former name of the building Louis' owns?
5. Which emotion does Jim feel most?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Mitchell choose these stories to be in this collection? Focus on and analyze three stories to answer this question.
Essay Topic 2
Is Up in the Old Hotel and Other Stories a motivational collection? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role naivety plays in some of the stories in this collection. Which stories and characters are most representative of naivety? Why?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)