|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mitchell remain out of the loop in Peggy's story?
2. Where did Gould want 1/2 of his manuscript to go?
3. What is Ellory's natural talent?
4. What food did Hugh Flood eat most?
5. What kind of business is Madame Visaggi's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the painting that Joe Gould was in. What did this prove about Joe? Was he an exhibitionist? Would he have wanted his life to be portrayed in the way it is in Mitchell's stories? How do you know?
Essay Topic 2
In many of Mitchell's stories, characters are torn between heritage and life. Describe at least three examples of ways in which Mitchell develops this theme in more than one story in the collection. Also, explain what Mitchell's intent is in sharing stories with this particular theme.
Essay Topic 3
Why did Mitchell lose interest in Joe Gould? What sparked his interest again?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)