Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the owner of the restaurant in "Up in the Old Hotel"?
2. In "Rats on the Waterfront," how were the rats brought in?
3. What bad thing did Peggy say she did?
4. What was Peggy self-conscious about?
5. Which description matches the painting Joe was in?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role naivety plays in some of the stories in this collection. Which stories and characters are most representative of naivety? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the importance of setting In Mitchell's stories. What setting is most significant? Does setting ever come off more strongly than the characters and plots in the stories? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
How do elements of humor contrast with elements of darkness in Mitchell's collection of short stories? Give three specific examples.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)