|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story about Mr. Hunter's grave, who admits to enjoying cemetery walks?
2. Why was it illegal for people to harvest the bay in Andrew's story?
3. In "I Blame it all on Mama," what did the woman do when Mitchell asked her about her drinking?
4. What hotel did Hugh Flood live in?
5. What was Mr. Cusack obsessed with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What message about self-acceptance do you think Mitchell tries to send through stories like that of Peggy?
Essay Topic 2
Which story in Up in the Old Hotel and Other Stories is the most remarkable? How does Mitchell make this story remarkable?
Essay Topic 3
What role do vices like alcohol play in Mitchell's stories? What message do the stories tend to send about the use of these vices?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)