|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "The Bottom of the Harbor" describe?
2. Hugh Flood is referred to as which of the following?
3. In "On the Wagon," what is the name of the man's girlfriend?
4. Which emotion does Jim feel most?
5. In the story about Mr. Hunter's grave, who admits to enjoying cemetery walks?
Essay Topic 1
Is Mitchell a reliable narrator? Why or why not? What are some possible roadblocks for Mitchell to be a reliable narrator?
Essay Topic 2
Is Up in the Old Hotel and Other Stories a motivational collection? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What message about self-acceptance do you think Mitchell tries to send through stories like that of Peggy?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)