|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of life did Joe Gould lead?
2. Who is in love with Peggy?
3. What did Mr. Cusack receive as a gift?
4. Who did Peggy tell that she was punished by God for being bad?
5. Where did Hugh Flood spend most of his time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do elements of humor contrast with elements of darkness in Mitchell's collection of short stories? Give three specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Why did Mitchell lose interest in Joe Gould? What sparked his interest again?
Essay Topic 3
Think about the story about Philippa Schuyler, the musical prodigy with parents who force a strict diet of all raw food on her. Does Mitchell seem more interested in Philippa or her parents? Explain how you know, focusing on specific examples.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)