|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the main person in "On the Wagon"?
2. Why was it illegal for people to harvest the bay in Andrew's story?
3. Who is in love with Peggy?
4. Where do Mitchell and Zimmers have chowder?
5. In "On the Wagon," what is the name of the man's girlfriend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Poole is one character who seems quite sure that everything is always getting worse. Explore this concept in terms of other short stories and subjects in these stories to argue for or against Poole's point. What does Mitchell seem to think about this idea?
Essay Topic 2
Think about the story about Philippa Schuyler, the musical prodigy with parents who force a strict diet of all raw food on her. Does Mitchell seem more interested in Philippa or her parents? Explain how you know, focusing on specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Is Mitchell a reliable narrator? Why or why not? What are some possible roadblocks for Mitchell to be a reliable narrator?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)