Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the owner of the restaurant in "Up in the Old Hotel"?
2. In "Rats on the Waterfront," how were the rats brought in?
3. What bad thing did Peggy say she did?
4. What was Peggy self-conscious about?
5. Which description matches the painting Joe was in?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role naivety plays in some of the stories in this collection. Which stories and characters are most representative of naivety? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Who is the intended audience of Up in the Old Hotel and Other Stories? How do you know? Analyze the role diction and other literary devices play in shaping an ideal audience for this collection of short stories.
Essay Topic 3
Many of Mitchell's stories involve the ocean or harvesting for seafood. To what extent is the ocean a symbol in Mitchell's stories? What does the ocean symbolize? Is it just a coincidence?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)