Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the owner of the restaurant in "Up in the Old Hotel"?
2. In "Rats on the Waterfront," how were the rats brought in?
3. What bad thing did Peggy say she did?
4. What was Peggy self-conscious about?
5. Which description matches the painting Joe was in?
Many of Mitchell's stories involve the ocean or harvesting for seafood. To what extent is the ocean a symbol in Mitchell's stories? What does the ocean symbolize? Is it just a coincidence?
Who is the intended audience of Up in the Old Hotel and Other Stories? How do you know? Analyze the role diction and other literary devices play in shaping an ideal audience for this collection of short stories.
In many of Mitchell's stories, characters are torn between heritage and life. Describe at least three examples of ways in which Mitchell develops this theme in more than one story in the collection. Also, explain what Mitchell's intent is in sharing stories with this particular theme.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)