|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what street did Mitchell and Zimmers have lunch?
2. In which year did Hugh Floor believe he would die?
3. Which sentence best describes the way Mitchell wrote Hugh Flood as a subject?
4. What was Mr. Cusack obsessed with?
5. How does Mitchell remain out of the loop in Peggy's story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role naivety plays in some of the stories in this collection. Which stories and characters are most representative of naivety? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Who is the intended audience of Up in the Old Hotel and Other Stories? How do you know? Analyze the role diction and other literary devices play in shaping an ideal audience for this collection of short stories.
Essay Topic 3
Why did Mitchell choose these stories to be in this collection? Focus on and analyze three stories to answer this question.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)