|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was it illegal for people to harvest the bay in Andrew's story?
2. What bad thing did Peggy say she did?
3. What is the name of the bayman Andrews introduces Mitchell to?
4. What is Ellory's natural talent?
5. What food did Hugh Flood eat most?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is the intended audience of Up in the Old Hotel and Other Stories? How do you know? Analyze the role diction and other literary devices play in shaping an ideal audience for this collection of short stories.
Essay Topic 2
How do elements of humor contrast with elements of darkness in Mitchell's collection of short stories? Give three specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the painting that Joe Gould was in. What did this prove about Joe? Was he an exhibitionist? Would he have wanted his life to be portrayed in the way it is in Mitchell's stories? How do you know?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)