|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dockery use to haul firewood?
(a) A bull.
(b) A wheelbarrow.
(c) A truck.
(d) A horse.
2. What did Dockery disapprove of?
(a) Writing as a career choice.
(c) Animals used in farming.
3. Which sentence best describes the way Mitchell wrote Hugh Flood as a subject?
(a) He is an unreal character.
(b) He is a compilation of characters.
(c) He never existed.
(d) He is a very realistic character.
4. Why was it illegal for people to harvest the bay in Andrew's story?
(a) It was polluted.
(b) The water was unsafe.
(c) It was in a strange boundary area.
(d) It was barren.
5. Mr. Cusack found men throwing what item into the river one evening?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "On the Wagon," what did the man need to do to keep his job?
2. What kind of life did Joe Gould lead?
3. What food did Hugh Flood eat most?
4. Where did Peggy work?
5. Where did Joe feel most at home?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)