|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation does Jane dream of having?
2. In "Spism and Spasm," what did the main character become?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A bum.
(c) A writer.
(d) A street preacher.
3. What kind of work do the Mohawk Indians tend to leave for?
(a) Jobs in the education field.
(b) Odd jobs.
(c) Servant and maid jobs.
(d) Factory work.
4. Under what circumstance would Mazie give the poor a ticket for free?
(a) They cleaned up.
(b) They stopped living in front of the theater.
(c) They would run errands.
(d) They would buy her food.
5. What are Philippa's parents?
(b) Factory workers.
(c) Construction workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane has only a limited ability to be which of the following?
2. What last name did Mazie choose?
3. Why did the owner of McSorley's change the name?
4. How many notebooks did Joe have written?
5. When was "The Old House at Home" opened?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jim's companion teach him in "The Kind Old Blonde"?
2. What message does Mitchell attempt to send about gypsies?
3. What does Mitchell think about "Santa Clause Smith"?
4. Why did Jane choose not to shave her beard?
5. Who is Philippa Schuyler?
6. What does Mitchell learn from visiting the club for deaf people?
7. Who is Mazie Gordon?
8. Why did Peggy lie to the little girl?
9. Describe Hugh Flood's thoughts about death.
10. Who is Charles Cassell?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)