|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many mummies did Charles claim to have owned?
2. What are Philippa's parents?
(a) Factory workers.
(b) Construction workers.
3. What were the names of Mazie's sisters?
(a) Rory and Jillian.
(b) Romy and Jenny.
(c) Rosa and Jordan.
(d) Rosie and Jeanie.
4. What are calypsos?
(a) Angry songs about bar fights and missed opportunities.
(b) Humorous songs about love and honor.
(c) Serious songs about romantic love.
(d) Sad songs about death and illness.
5. What did the "Old Yankee" run?
(a) A bank.
(b) A museum.
(c) A fishing bait shop.
(d) A record store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Mitchell about the club for deaf people?
2. Who is described as the "Old Yankee"?
3. Where did Mitchell meet Archie Clock?
4. Jane has only a limited ability to be which of the following?
5. How did the "cave dwellers" feel after they read their story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Jane Barnell?
2. How does technology affect Mr. Flood and Mr. Cusack?
3. What does Mitchell learn from visiting the club for deaf people?
4. What significance does Mr. Cusack place on the full moon?
5. Why did Joe decide to live in New York?
6. Why is Mitchell interested in Gould's manucsript?
7. Why is the story about Joe Gould last in Up in the Old Hotel and Other Stories?
8. Why is Mitchell interested in the lives of McSorley, O'Connell, and Gordon?
9. Who are the Cave Dwellers?
10. How is seafood a symbol in the story about Hugh Flood?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)