|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the story about Commodore Dutch?
(a) A Wonderous Man.
(b) A Lonely Man.
(c) A Sporting Man.
(d) A Hunting Man.
2. Mitchell claims to have often helped his father do which activity?
(a) Clean abandoned homes.
(b) Shovel snow.
(c) Hunt for deer.
(d) Slaughter cows.
3. What were Joe's father and grandfather?
4. How old was Jane when she grew a full beard?
5. What kind of work do the Mohawk Indians tend to leave for?
(a) Factory work.
(b) Servant and maid jobs.
(c) Odd jobs.
(d) Jobs in the education field.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was James Jefferson Davis Hall's occupation?
2. Under what circumstance would Mazie give the poor a ticket for free?
3. Why did people make so many purchases from Barbee's shop?
4. Who claimed to be angry at people who said they were tired of noises?
5. Which person that Mitchell writes about wears a scarf to hide his or her face?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "On the Wagon" about?
2. Why is the memory of being hit by a cow significant to Cassell's story?
3. Why did Joe decide to live in New York?
4. Who is Commodore Dutch?
5. How did people feel about the scam Commodore Dutch put on?
6. Describe Dockery.
7. Who is Hugh Flood?
8. Who is Mr. Cusack?
9. Why is Mitchell interested in the lives of McSorley, O'Connell, and Gordon?
10. Who is Mr. Hunter?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)