|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Spism and Spasm," what did the main character become?
(a) A bum.
(b) A street preacher.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A writer.
2. How did Jane's father feel about her?
(a) He loved her.
(b) He refused to ever get to know his daughter.
(c) He was embarrassed of her.
(d) He was ashamed and kept her locked away.
3. What is the title of the book Joe is writing?
(a) A Brief History of the World.
(b) An Expansive History of Earth.
(c) An Examination of History.
(d) An Oral History of Our Time.
4. What did the "Old Yankee" run?
(a) A museum.
(b) A bank.
(c) A fishing bait shop.
(d) A record store.
5. What were the names of Mazie's sisters?
(a) Rosie and Jeanie.
(b) Rory and Jillian.
(c) Romy and Jenny.
(d) Rosa and Jordan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mitchell meet Archie Clock?
2. When did Bill sell "The Old House at Home"?
3. Mitchell claims to have often helped his father do which activity?
4. What happened to the money people sent to Mitchell for the "cave dwellers"?
5. Who was not allowed to enter "The Old House at Home"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mr. Cusack?
2. Who is Charles Cassell?
3. After Peggy talks to the little girl, why does she ask the bartender to walk her home?
4. How does technology affect Mr. Flood and Mr. Cusack?
5. Why did Joe decide to live in New York?
6. What does it mean that Jane has only a limited ability to be happy?
7. Why did Jane choose not to shave her beard?
8. Describe Hugh Flood's thoughts about death.
9. Who are the Cave Dwellers?
10. Where does the title "Professor Sea Gull" come from?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)