|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did James Hall believe that he was doing?
(a) Contributing to society's downfall.
(b) Hurting people.
(c) Helping people.
(d) Increasing education.
2. How old was Jane when she grew a full beard?
3. Who is the founder of the Anti-profanity League?
4. What school did Joe attend?
(d) Notre Dame.
5. The story about which person or people leaves the reader hanging most?
(a) Joe Gould.
(b) Philippa Schuyler.
(c) The gypsies.
(d) Cave dwellers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many notebooks did Joe have written?
2. Why did people make so many purchases from Barbee's shop?
3. What are Philippa's parents?
4. What trend became apparent for Mohawk Indian religion?
5. What happened to the money people sent to Mitchell for the "cave dwellers"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Joe Gould?
2. Why did Louis insist on ending the visit to the upper floors of his building?
3. What assumption does Mitchell make about the cave dwellers?
4. Describe Dockery.
5. Why did Barbee own a terrapin shop and why did many people purchase them?
6. What significance does Mr. Cusack place on the full moon?
7. Who is Philippa Schuyler?
8. What are Mitchell's feelings about the privacy of his subjects?
9. Which subject is the biggest supporter of the idea that things are always getting worse?
10. Is Joe an exhibitionist?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)