|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Philippa's parents credit for her IQ?
2. On what street was McSorley's located?
3. What kind of work do the Mohawk Indians tend to leave for?
(a) Factory work.
(b) Jobs in the education field.
(c) Servant and maid jobs.
(d) Odd jobs.
4. Mitchell claims to have often helped his father do which activity?
(a) Clean abandoned homes.
(b) Slaughter cows.
(c) Hunt for deer.
(d) Shovel snow.
5. What did James Hall believe that he was doing?
(a) Increasing education.
(b) Helping people.
(c) Hurting people.
(d) Contributing to society's downfall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the place in "The Obituary of a Fin Mill"?
2. What is the name of the person Mitchell talks about in "A Mess of Clams"?
3. How much would Dutch typically profit?
4. Joe said that the animals in the streets were "aching souls" of what type of person?
5. When did Bill sell "The Old House at Home"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Joe an exhibitionist?
2. What message does Mitchell attempt to send about gypsies?
3. Who is Mr. Cusack?
4. What kind of relationship did Jane have with her parents?
5. Who is Mr. Hunter?
6. Describe Hugh Flood's thoughts about death.
7. What is a calypso?
8. Who is Andrew Zimmer?
9. Why is the memory of being hit by a cow significant to Cassell's story?
10. Why is Mitchell interested in Gould's manucsript?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)