|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is "Santa Clause Smith"?
(a) Smith Johnson.
(b) Richard Smith.
(c) Arthur Smith.
(d) John Smith.
2. Who is the main personality in "The Same as Monkey Glands"?
3. What would James Hall do to preach?
(a) Preach on the bus.
(b) Get phone numbers.
(c) Stand outside churches of other faiths to preach.
(d) Show up at random homes.
4. Who does Mitchell describe as thieves?
(a) Philippa Schuyler's parents.
(c) Joe Gould and people like him.
(d) Cave dwellers.
5. How many mummies did Charles claim to have owned?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Jane when she grew a full beard?
2. How did Jane's father feel about her?
3. What is peculiar about Philippa's family's diet?
4. What kind of business is "The Old House at Home"?
5. Who told Mitchell about the club for deaf people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "On the Wagon" about?
2. What does Mitchell think about "Santa Clause Smith"?
3. How is seafood a symbol in the story about Hugh Flood?
4. What kind of relationship did Jane have with her parents?
5. What tone does Mitchell use to discuss the personalities in Up in the Old Hotel and Other Stories?
6. Why did Peggy lie to the little girl?
7. Describe Hugh Flood's thoughts about death.
8. Why does Hugh Flood get mad at Mr. Mooney?
9. What message does Mitchell attempt to send about gypsies?
10. How does Mitchell describe McSorley's?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)