|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school did Joe attend?
(c) Notre Dame.
2. What trend became apparent for Mohawk Indian religion?
(a) Most Indians became atheists.
(b) Most Indians became Muslim.
(c) Most Indians stayed true to their native religions.
(d) Most Indians became Catholic.
3. How did Jane's mother feel about her?
(a) She was scared of her.
(b) She loved her.
(c) She abandoned her to run away.
(d) She never gave her opinion on the matter.
4. When did Bill sell "The Old House at Home"?
5. Who does Mitchell describe as thieves?
(a) Philippa Schuyler's parents.
(b) Joe Gould and people like him.
(c) Cave dwellers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many mummies did Charles claim to have owned?
2. How old is Philippa Duke Schuyler?
3. What happened to the money people sent to Mitchell for the "cave dwellers"?
4. Who is "Professor Sea Gull"?
5. What kind of business is "The Old House at Home"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the "Don't-Swear Man."
2. What is the message behind the story about Peggy?
3. Why is the story about Joe Gould last in Up in the Old Hotel and Other Stories?
4. How does Mitchell describe McSorley's?
5. Who are the Cave Dwellers?
6. What significance does Mr. Cusack place on the full moon?
7. Why did Barbee own a terrapin shop and why did many people purchase them?
8. Why did Peggy lie to the little girl?
9. Where does the title "Professor Sea Gull" come from?
10. Why is the memory of being hit by a cow significant to Cassell's story?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)