|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the man who opened "The Old House at Home"?
(a) Bill McSorley.
(b) William Ames.
(c) Joe Gould.
(d) John McSorley.
2. What do Philippa's parents credit for her IQ?
3. What trend began to occur in Mohawk Indian marriages as Mitchell noted?
(a) Many Indians began to stop all marriages.
(b) Many Indians began to marry whites.
(c) Many Indians stopped taking part in marriage.
(d) Many Indian men began to search for younger partners.
4. Who is "Professor Sea Gull"?
(a) Thomas O'Boyle.
(b) Jane Barnell.
(c) Joe Gould.
(d) Charles Cassell.
5. What is the name of the story about Commodore Dutch?
(a) A Lonely Man.
(b) A Wonderous Man.
(c) A Hunting Man.
(d) A Sporting Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane has only a limited ability to be which of the following?
2. Who is described as the "Old Yankee"?
3. Who claimed to be angry at people who said they were tired of noises?
4. What was Daniel O'Connell's profession before he retired?
5. What is the title of the book Joe is writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which subject is the biggest supporter of the idea that things are always getting worse?
2. Who are the Cave Dwellers?
3. Why did Louis insist on ending the visit to the upper floors of his building?
4. What is "On the Wagon" about?
5. Who is Mr. Cusack?
6. Why does Mitchell include a personal anecdote in Cassell's story, and is it an effective technique?
7. Why did Barbee own a terrapin shop and why did many people purchase them?
8. Who is Mazie Gordon?
9. What kind of relationship did Jane have with her parents?
10. Where does the title "Professor Sea Gull" come from?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)