|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the place in "The Obituary of a Fin Mill"?
2. Under what circumstance would Mazie give the poor a ticket for free?
(a) They would run errands.
(b) They cleaned up.
(c) They would buy her food.
(d) They stopped living in front of the theater.
3. What school did Joe attend?
(c) Notre Dame.
4. What trend began to occur in Mohawk Indian marriages as Mitchell noted?
(a) Many Indians began to stop all marriages.
(b) Many Indians stopped taking part in marriage.
(c) Many Indian men began to search for younger partners.
(d) Many Indians began to marry whites.
5. Joe said that the animals in the streets were "aching souls" of what type of person?
(c) Old people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is peculiar about Philippa's family's diet?
2. What kind of work do the Mohawk Indians tend to leave for?
3. What does Mitchell say populated streets at night?
4. What occupation did Jane Barnell have?
5. What kind of business is "The Old House at Home"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mitchell interested in the painting of Joe Gould?
2. Who are the Cave Dwellers?
3. Where does the title "Professor Sea Gull" come from?
4. How is seafood a symbol in the story about Hugh Flood?
5. What happens in "I Blame it all on Mama"?
6. Describe Dockery.
7. What kind of relationship did Jane have with her parents?
8. Why did Barbee own a terrapin shop and why did many people purchase them?
9. Why does Hugh Flood get mad at Mr. Mooney?
10. Is Joe an exhibitionist?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)