|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Philippa a prodigy in?
2. Who claimed to be angry at people who said they were tired of noises?
3. When did Bill sell "The Old House at Home"?
4. Who was not allowed to enter "The Old House at Home"?
(a) Those with meager incomes.
5. Which adjective best describes the atmosphere of McSorley's?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Barbee, what kind of person always frequented his business?
2. Who told Mitchell about the club for deaf people?
3. Which person that Mitchell writes about wears a scarf to hide his or her face?
4. What do Philippa's parents credit for her IQ?
5. When was "The Old House at Home" opened?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Philippa's parents and situation at home.
2. Who are the Cave Dwellers?
3. Who is Joe Gould?
4. Describe Hugh Flood's thoughts about death.
5. Where does the title "Professor Sea Gull" come from?
6. Why is the memory of being hit by a cow significant to Cassell's story?
7. What is the significance of the rats in the street at night?
8. How does Ellery's attitude differ from that of other captains?
9. Who is Charles Cassell?
10. What does Jim's companion teach him in "The Kind Old Blonde"?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)