|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was not allowed to enter "The Old House at Home"?
(d) Those with meager incomes.
2. What school did Joe attend?
(a) Notre Dame.
3. Who did Daniel leave his business to when he died?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His daughter.
4. Who did Mazie cite as being helpful?
5. Joe said that the animals in the streets were "aching souls" of what type of person?
(c) Old people.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what street was McSorley's located?
2. What is the name of the place in "The Obituary of a Fin Mill"?
3. Where did Mitchell meet Archie Clock?
4. What occupation does Jane dream of having?
5. Who is described as the "Old Yankee"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tone does Mitchell use to discuss the personalities in Up in the Old Hotel and Other Stories?
2. What do you think about "Santa Clause Smith"? Is he benevolent or malicious?
3. After Peggy talks to the little girl, why does she ask the bartender to walk her home?
4. Who is Mr. Hunter?
5. Why did Jane choose to live the circus life?
6. Describe Philippa's parents and situation at home.
7. How is seafood a symbol in the story about Hugh Flood?
8. Why did Jane choose not to shave her beard?
9. What was strange to Mitchell in the story "I Couldn't Dope it Out"?
10. How does technology affect Mr. Flood and Mr. Cusack?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)