|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Daniel leave his business to when he died?
(a) His wife.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His son.
(d) His daughter.
2. Who is the historian for a club for deaf people?
(a) Samuel Frankenheim.
(b) Joe Gould.
(c) Sam Smith.
(d) Jack Fitzsimmons.
3. What happened to the money people sent to Mitchell for the "cave dwellers"?
(a) He spent it.
(b) He sent it back to them.
(c) He gave it to the "cave dwellers".
(d) He donated it.
4. What school did Joe attend?
(c) Notre Dame.
5. What was the biggest contrast between Bill and his father?
(a) Bill was eager to please customers.
(b) Bill was quiet.
(c) Bill was an alcoholic.
(d) Bill was a good businessman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who started Barbee's business?
2. Under what circumstance would Mazie give the poor a ticket for free?
3. How did Mazie spend most of her evenings?
4. Who does Mitchell describe as thieves?
5. Why is Mitchell compelled by Jane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mitchell think about "Santa Clause Smith"?
2. What is the message behind the story about Peggy?
3. What assumption does Mitchell make about the cave dwellers?
4. Who is Joe Gould?
5. What happens in "I Blame it all on Mama"?
6. How is seafood a symbol in the story about Hugh Flood?
7. What do you think about "Santa Clause Smith"? Is he benevolent or malicious?
8. Who is Charles Cassell?
9. How did people feel about the scam Commodore Dutch put on?
10. Why is Mitchell interested in the painting of Joe Gould?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)