|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Joe's father and grandfather?
2. Who is the historian for a club for deaf people?
(a) Sam Smith.
(b) Joe Gould.
(c) Samuel Frankenheim.
(d) Jack Fitzsimmons.
3. What trend became apparent for Mohawk Indian religion?
(a) Most Indians stayed true to their native religions.
(b) Most Indians became Muslim.
(c) Most Indians became Catholic.
(d) Most Indians became atheists.
4. How did the "cave dwellers" feel after they read their story?
5. What did Charles often sell?
(a) Odds and ends.
(c) Fishing bait.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is "Santa Clause Smith"?
2. Why did Jane decide not to shave her face?
3. What is Philippa a prodigy in?
4. Who is described as the "Old Yankee"?
5. What were the names of Mazie's sisters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mitchell interested in Gould's manucsript?
2. Why did Jane choose to live the circus life?
3. What is a calypso?
4. Why is Mitchell interested in the painting of Joe Gould?
5. Is Joe an exhibitionist?
6. Why is it significant that Mr. Flood is a compilation of people?
7. Who is Charles Cassell?
8. Describe the role of the theme of people being torn by life and heritage in Mitchell's collection of stories.
9. Describe Hugh Flood's thoughts about death.
10. Who is Jane Barnell?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)