|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which adjective best describes the atmosphere of McSorley's?
2. What was Daniel O'Connell's profession before he retired?
(b) Postal worker.
(c) Police officer.
(d) Business owner.
3. What did Commodore do to make a living?
(a) He begged on the streets.
(b) He owned a business.
(c) He held an annual ball.
(d) He served food at a cafe.
4. What was the biggest contrast between Bill and his father?
(a) Bill was an alcoholic.
(b) Bill was quiet.
(c) Bill was eager to please customers.
(d) Bill was a good businessman.
5. How did Jane's father feel about her?
(a) He was embarrassed of her.
(b) He was ashamed and kept her locked away.
(c) He refused to ever get to know his daughter.
(d) He loved her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Philippa's parents credit for her IQ?
2. Who started Barbee's business?
3. Jane has only a limited ability to be which of the following?
4. How did the "cave dwellers" feel after they read their story?
5. What is the title of the book Joe is writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Cave Dwellers?
2. Who is Philippa Schuyler?
3. After Peggy talks to the little girl, why does she ask the bartender to walk her home?
4. Who is Hugh Flood?
5. Who is Commodore Dutch?
6. How did people feel about the scam Commodore Dutch put on?
7. What happens in "I Blame it all on Mama"?
8. What do you think about "Santa Clause Smith"? Is he benevolent or malicious?
9. What is the significance of the rats in the street at night?
10. What is "On the Wagon" about?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)