|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Mazie cite as being helpful?
2. Why did people make so many purchases from Barbee's shop?
(a) They believed the animals had healing powers.
(b) The animals tasted good.
(c) The animals were good pets.
(d) The animals were good at guarding other more valuable animals.
3. Who is the founder of the Anti-profanity League?
4. What was the biggest contrast between Bill and his father?
(a) Bill was a good businessman.
(b) Bill was eager to please customers.
(c) Bill was an alcoholic.
(d) Bill was quiet.
5. What is peculiar about Philippa's family's diet?
(a) They do not eat any homecooked meals.
(b) They eat only raw food.
(c) They do not eat fruit.
(d) They eat only protein.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the "Old Yankee" run?
2. What was the name of the theater Mazie worked at?
3. What trend began to occur in Mohawk Indian marriages as Mitchell noted?
4. On what street was McSorley's located?
5. Who was not allowed to enter "The Old House at Home"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mitchell lose interest in Joe?
2. What changes occurred for the Mohawk Indians?
3. What message does Mitchell attempt to send about gypsies?
4. Is Joe an exhibitionist?
5. Describe Philippa's parents and situation at home.
6. How does Ellery's attitude differ from that of other captains?
7. Why did Peggy lie to the little girl?
8. What does Mitchell learn from visiting the club for deaf people?
9. Describe Hugh Flood's thoughts about death.
10. What tone does Mitchell use to discuss the personalities in Up in the Old Hotel and Other Stories?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)