|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main personality in "The Same as Monkey Glands"?
2. What was Daniel O'Connell's profession before he retired?
(a) Business owner.
(b) Postal worker.
(c) Police officer.
3. What were Joe's father and grandfather?
4. What occupation does Jane dream of having?
5. Which person was known as Houdini in Harlem?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was James Jefferson Davis Hall's occupation?
2. What did James Hall believe that he was doing?
3. Why did the owner of McSorley's change the name?
4. Who is "Santa Clause Smith"?
5. What happened to the money people sent to Mitchell for the "cave dwellers"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mitchell learn from visiting the club for deaf people?
2. What does Jim's companion teach him in "The Kind Old Blonde"?
3. Why is Mitchell interested in the lives of McSorley, O'Connell, and Gordon?
4. What happens in "I Blame it all on Mama"?
5. What does it mean that Jane has only a limited ability to be happy?
6. Why did Jane choose to live the circus life?
7. Describe Philippa's parents and situation at home.
8. Who is Mr. Hunter?
9. What significance does Mr. Cusack place on the full moon?
10. What kind of relationship did Jane have with her parents?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)