|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which adjective best describes the atmosphere of McSorley's?
2. Who claimed to be angry at people who said they were tired of noises?
3. What are Philippa's parents?
(a) Factory workers.
(c) Construction workers.
4. Mitchell claims to have often helped his father do which activity?
(a) Shovel snow.
(b) Clean abandoned homes.
(c) Slaughter cows.
(d) Hunt for deer.
5. What happened to the money people sent to Mitchell for the "cave dwellers"?
(a) He donated it.
(b) He sent it back to them.
(c) He gave it to the "cave dwellers".
(d) He spent it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much would Dutch typically profit?
2. What is the name of Jane's husband?
3. For what reason did Bill often close his business early?
4. Joe said that the animals in the streets were "aching souls" of what type of person?
5. What did Commodore do to make a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in "I Blame it all on Mama"?
2. Who is Commodore Dutch?
3. What is "On the Wagon" about?
4. Who is Charles Cassell?
5. Why did Louis insist on ending the visit to the upper floors of his building?
6. What is the significance of the rats in the street at night?
7. Which subject is the biggest supporter of the idea that things are always getting worse?
8. What does Mitchell learn from visiting the club for deaf people?
9. Why did Jane choose not to shave her beard?
10. What message does Mitchell attempt to send about gypsies?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)