|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the "Old Yankee" run?
(a) A museum.
(b) A record store.
(c) A fishing bait shop.
(d) A bank.
2. What was James Jefferson Davis Hall's occupation?
3. How did the "cave dwellers" feel after they read their story?
4. Mitchell claims to have often helped his father do which activity?
(a) Slaughter cows.
(b) Shovel snow.
(c) Clean abandoned homes.
(d) Hunt for deer.
5. Which adjective best describes the atmosphere of McSorley's?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jane decide not to shave her face?
2. What did James Hall believe that he was doing?
3. The story about which person or people leaves the reader hanging most?
4. For what reason did Bill often close his business early?
5. What are Philippa's parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hugh Flood get mad at Mr. Mooney?
2. Where does the title "Professor Sea Gull" come from?
3. Why did Joe decide to live in New York?
4. Why is Mitchell interested in the lives of McSorley, O'Connell, and Gordon?
5. Who is Joe Gould?
6. What does Mitchell learn from visiting the club for deaf people?
7. Which subject is the biggest supporter of the idea that things are always getting worse?
8. How does technology affect Mr. Flood and Mr. Cusack?
9. Describe Hugh Flood's thoughts about death.
10. Who is Andrew Zimmer?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)