|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Philippa's parents credit for her IQ?
2. What did James Hall believe that he was doing?
(a) Contributing to society's downfall.
(b) Hurting people.
(c) Helping people.
(d) Increasing education.
3. Who does Mitchell describe as thieves?
(b) Cave dwellers.
(c) Joe Gould and people like him.
(d) Philippa Schuyler's parents.
4. What is the name of the person Mitchell talks about in "A Mess of Clams"?
5. How did the "cave dwellers" feel after they read their story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would James Hall do to preach?
2. In "Spism and Spasm," what did the main character become?
3. What were the names of Mazie's sisters?
4. Who told Mitchell about the club for deaf people?
5. What trend became apparent for Mohawk Indian religion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mitchell lose interest in Joe?
2. Describe Dockery.
3. Who is Mr. Hunter?
4. Who is Hugh Flood?
5. Is Joe an exhibitionist?
6. How is seafood a symbol in the story about Hugh Flood?
7. What is the significance of the rats in the street at night?
8. Who is Jane Barnell?
9. What does Mitchell think about "Santa Clause Smith"?
10. Why is Mitchell interested in the lives of McSorley, O'Connell, and Gordon?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)