|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the story about Commodore Dutch?
(a) A Hunting Man.
(b) A Lonely Man.
(c) A Sporting Man.
(d) A Wonderous Man.
2. Which person that Mitchell writes about wears a scarf to hide his or her face?
(a) Joe Gould.
(b) Thomas O'Boyle.
3. Jane has only a limited ability to be which of the following?
4. What was James Jefferson Davis Hall's occupation?
5. What were Joe's father and grandfather?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is "Professor Sea Gull"?
2. What is peculiar about Philippa's family's diet?
3. Who did Daniel leave his business to when he died?
4. Why did the owner of McSorley's change the name?
5. James Hall's requests mostly came from what kind of person?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which subject is the biggest supporter of the idea that things are always getting worse?
2. Who is Jane Barnell?
3. Why did Jane choose not to shave her beard?
4. Why did Mitchell lose interest in Joe?
5. Who is Mr. Hunter?
6. Describe the role of the theme of people being torn by life and heritage in Mitchell's collection of stories.
7. What significance does Mr. Cusack place on the full moon?
8. Who is Charles Cassell?
9. After Peggy talks to the little girl, why does she ask the bartender to walk her home?
10. How did people feel about the scam Commodore Dutch put on?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)