|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Joe's death, how did Mitchell feel about him?
(a) He wanted to respect his privacy.
(b) He lost interest in him.
(c) He thought he was too angry.
(d) He became interested again.
2. Where do Mitchell and Zimmers have chowder?
3. What is the name of the main person in "On the Wagon"?
4. What kind of life did Joe Gould lead?
(a) He lived as a servant in a rich man's house.
(b) He lived as a bum.
(c) He lived as an introverted hermit.
(d) He lived as a college student for his entire life.
5. What is the occupation of the man in love with Peggy?
6. Who did Peggy tell that she was punished by God for being bad?
(a) Her boss.
(c) A man who had a crush on her.
(d) A little girl.
7. Why was it illegal for people to harvest the bay in Andrew's story?
(a) It was in a strange boundary area.
(b) The water was unsafe.
(c) It was barren.
(d) It was polluted.
8. Where did Joe feel most at home?
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
9. Mr. Cusack found men throwing what item into the river one evening?
10. What is the name of the bayman Andrews introduces Mitchell to?
11. What is the name of the man who guessed Hugh Flood would die soon?
(a) Mr. Morrow.
(b) Mr. Mayen.
(c) Mr. Margit.
(d) Mr. Mooney.
12. In "Rats on the Waterfront," how were the rats brought in?
(a) As a way to get rid of other species.
(b) A unknowing farmer released them.
(c) Accidentally, on foreign ships.
(d) As a terrorist attack.
13. Where did Gould want 1/2 of his manuscript to go?
14. Which sentence best describes the way Mitchell wrote Hugh Flood as a subject?
(a) He never existed.
(b) He is a compilation of characters.
(c) He is an unreal character.
(d) He is a very realistic character.
15. What name does Mr. Cusack assign to people who act strangely during the full moon?
(a) Full mooners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Gould want 2/3 of his manuscript to go?
2. What does "The Bottom of the Harbor" describe?
3. What kind of business is Madame Visaggi's?
4. At the time of his projected death, how old would Hugh Flood be?
5. How old was Louis when he moved to America?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)