|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "On the Wagon," what is the name of the man's girlfriend?
(d) Betsy Ann.
2. Why was it illegal for people to harvest the bay in Andrew's story?
(a) It was barren.
(b) It was polluted.
(c) It was in a strange boundary area.
(d) The water was unsafe.
3. What was Mr. Cusack obsessed with?
(d) Health ailments.
4. Who is the owner of the restaurant in "Up in the Old Hotel"?
(a) Louis Martinez.
(b) Louis Mitchell.
(c) Louis Carter.
(d) Louis Morino.
5. In which year did Hugh Floor believe he would die?
6. What industry was Louis' family in before he moved?
7. What is the name of the restaurant in "Up in the Old Hotel"?
(a) Fat Louie's.
(b) Rich Louie's.
(c) Sloppy Louie's.
(d) Charming Louie's.
8. How long has Mike been sober?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 4 months.
9. What did Mitchell call Dockery?
10. What does "The Bottom of the Harbor" describe?
(a) The field of marine biology.
(b) Ocean animals.
(c) Ocean beds.
(d) Going fishing.
11. Mr. Cusack found men throwing what item into the river one evening?
12. What did Louis and Mitchell see in the third and fourth stories of the restaurant?
(b) Stored food.
(d) Crates and boxes.
13. Who did Peggy tell that she was punished by God for being bad?
(a) Her boss.
(b) A little girl.
(c) A man who had a crush on her.
14. What did Mr. Cusack receive as a gift?
15. What kind of business is Madame Visaggi's?
(b) Candy store.
(d) Candle shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mitchell believes that to Peggy, what purpose did the little girl serve?
2. What is Ellory's natural talent?
3. What kind of life did Joe Gould lead?
4. At the time of his projected death, how old would Hugh Flood be?
5. Who is the main "character" in the story called "The Kind Old Blonde"?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)