|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time of his projected death, how old would Hugh Flood be?
2. In which year did Hugh Floor believe he would die?
3. What is the name of the main subject of "I Blame it all on Mama"?
4. What did Dockery use to haul firewood?
(a) A wheelbarrow.
(b) A bull.
(c) A horse.
(d) A truck.
5. Where did Joe feel most at home?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
6. What is the name of Hugh's close friend?
7. Where did Gould want 2/3 of his manuscript to go?
(a) Writing Museum.
8. What did Mitchell call Dockery?
9. What is the former name of the building Louis' owns?
(a) Fulton Ferry Hotel.
(b) Canton Ferry Hotel.
(c) Fairaday Hotel.
(d) Cortez Inn.
10. What is the restaurant called in "I Couldn't Dope It Out"?
(a) My Golden Gate.
(b) My Red Hell.
(c) My Golden Hills.
(d) My Blue Heaven.
11. What kind of life did Joe Gould lead?
(a) He lived as a bum.
(b) He lived as an introverted hermit.
(c) He lived as a servant in a rich man's house.
(d) He lived as a college student for his entire life.
12. What is the name of the main person in "On the Wagon"?
13. How long has Mike been sober?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 1 year.
14. What is the name of the bayman Andrews introduces Mitchell to?
15. What did Dockery disapprove of?
(c) Writing as a career choice.
(d) Animals used in farming.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "I Blame it all on Mama," what did the woman do when Mitchell asked her about her drinking?
2. Who is in love with Peggy?
3. In the story about Mr. Hunter's grave, who admits to enjoying cemetery walks?
4. Which sentence best describes the way Mitchell wrote Hugh Flood as a subject?
5. Jim's companion compares which of the following to necessary oil?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)