|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mr. Cusack receive as a gift?
2. What is the name of the restaurant in "Up in the Old Hotel"?
(a) Fat Louie's.
(b) Charming Louie's.
(c) Sloppy Louie's.
(d) Rich Louie's.
3. What is the name of the man who guessed Hugh Flood would die soon?
(a) Mr. Margit.
(b) Mr. Morrow.
(c) Mr. Mooney.
(d) Mr. Mayen.
4. What food did Hugh Flood eat most?
(a) Raw food.
(c) Italian food.
(d) Chinese food.
5. What was Peggy self-conscious about?
(a) A scar.
(b) A birthmark.
(c) A bald spot.
(d) A strange shaped nose.
6. On what street did Mitchell and Zimmers have lunch?
(a) Grant Avenue.
(b) Clambake Avenue.
(c) Ponderosa Avenue.
(d) Emmons Avenue.
7. Where did Peggy work?
(b) Butcher shop.
(d) Candy store.
8. Which description matches the painting Joe was in?
(a) He was wearing a business suit.
(b) He was covered in paint.
(c) He was covered in trash.
(d) He was naked.
9. The painter who painted Joe imagined that he was which of the following?
(a) A hermit.
(b) An exhibitionist.
(c) An artist.
(d) An angry person.
10. In "I Blame it all on Mama," what did the woman do when Mitchell asked her about her drinking?
(a) She slapped him.
(b) She answered him politely.
(c) She laughed at him.
(d) She ignored him.
11. What does "The Bottom of the Harbor" describe?
(a) Ocean beds.
(b) The field of marine biology.
(c) Going fishing.
(d) Ocean animals.
12. Jim's companion compares which of the following to necessary oil?
13. Where do Mitchell and Zimmers have chowder?
14. Which emotion does Jim feel most?
15. What is the name of Hugh's close friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Louis when he moved to America?
2. Who does Peggy ask to walk her home?
3. In "On the Wagon," what did the man need to do to keep his job?
4. Mitchell believes that to Peggy, what purpose did the little girl serve?
5. What was Mr. Cusack obsessed with?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)