|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which sentence best describes the way Mitchell wrote Hugh Flood as a subject?
(a) He is a very realistic character.
(b) He never existed.
(c) He is a compilation of characters.
(d) He is an unreal character.
2. What kind of life did Joe Gould lead?
(a) He lived as a bum.
(b) He lived as a servant in a rich man's house.
(c) He lived as a college student for his entire life.
(d) He lived as an introverted hermit.
3. What does "The Bottom of the Harbor" describe?
(a) The field of marine biology.
(b) Going fishing.
(c) Ocean beds.
(d) Ocean animals.
4. What hotel did Hugh Flood live in?
(a) The Hartford.
(b) The Pacific.
(c) Holiday Inn.
(d) The Islander.
5. Where do Mitchell and Zimmers have chowder?
6. What is Ellory's natural talent?
(a) Giving speeches.
7. What industry was Louis' family in before he moved?
8. What is the name of the community with the run-down cemetery?
(a) Sandy Ground.
(b) Golden Hill Grounds.
(c) Forest Lawn.
(d) Savannah Sandy.
9. In "Rats on the Waterfront," how were the rats brought in?
(a) As a way to get rid of other species.
(b) Accidentally, on foreign ships.
(c) As a terrorist attack.
(d) A unknowing farmer released them.
10. At the time of his projected death, how old would Hugh Flood be?
11. What is the name of the man who guessed Hugh Flood would die soon?
(a) Mr. Mayen.
(b) Mr. Margit.
(c) Mr. Morrow.
(d) Mr. Mooney.
12. Who is the main "character" in the story called "The Kind Old Blonde"?
13. What is the name of Hugh's close friend?
14. Which emotion does Jim feel most?
15. Why was it illegal for people to harvest the bay in Andrew's story?
(a) It was in a strange boundary area.
(b) The water was unsafe.
(c) It was barren.
(d) It was polluted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dockery use to haul firewood?
2. How old was Hugh Flood at the time the events Mitchell writes about occurred?
3. What is the restaurant called in "I Couldn't Dope It Out"?
4. What is the name of the main subject of "I Blame it all on Mama"?
5. Who does Peggy ask to walk her home?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)