|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the former name of the building Louis' owns?
(a) Fairaday Hotel.
(b) Fulton Ferry Hotel.
(c) Cortez Inn.
(d) Canton Ferry Hotel.
2. What did Dockery disapprove of?
(a) Writing as a career choice.
(d) Animals used in farming.
3. What crop does Dockery farm?
4. What is the restaurant called in "I Couldn't Dope It Out"?
(a) My Golden Hills.
(b) My Red Hell.
(c) My Golden Gate.
(d) My Blue Heaven.
5. What is the name of Hugh's close friend?
6. What name does Mr. Cusack assign to people who act strangely during the full moon?
(a) Full mooners.
7. What was Peggy self-conscious about?
(a) A strange shaped nose.
(b) A scar.
(c) A birthmark.
(d) A bald spot.
8. What hotel did Hugh Flood live in?
(a) Holiday Inn.
(b) The Pacific.
(c) The Islander.
(d) The Hartford.
9. How old was Hugh Flood at the time the events Mitchell writes about occurred?
10. What did Dockery use to haul firewood?
(a) A horse.
(b) A wheelbarrow.
(c) A bull.
(d) A truck.
11. Mr. Cusack found men throwing what item into the river one evening?
12. The painter who painted Joe imagined that he was which of the following?
(a) An angry person.
(b) An exhibitionist.
(c) A hermit.
(d) An artist.
13. In the story about Mr. Hunter's grave, who admits to enjoying cemetery walks?
14. In "I Blame it all on Mama," what did the woman do when Mitchell asked her about her drinking?
(a) She laughed at him.
(b) She answered him politely.
(c) She ignored him.
(d) She slapped him.
15. What is the name of the main person in "On the Wagon"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main "character" in the story called "The Kind Old Blonde"?
2. How does Mitchell remain out of the loop in Peggy's story?
3. What kind of life did Joe Gould lead?
4. What did Mr. Cusack receive as a gift?
5. How long has Mike been sober?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)