|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Gould want 2/3 of his manuscript to go?
(c) Writing Museum.
2. What did Louis and Mitchell see in the third and fourth stories of the restaurant?
(a) Crates and boxes.
(b) Stored food.
3. What is the name of the bayman Andrews introduces Mitchell to?
4. How old was Hugh Flood at the time the events Mitchell writes about occurred?
5. Jim's companion compares which of the following to necessary oil?
6. What event does Mr. Cusack consider exciting?
(a) Lunar eclipse.
(b) Solar eclipse.
(c) Full moon.
(d) Half moon.
7. The painter who painted Joe imagined that he was which of the following?
(a) A hermit.
(b) An artist.
(c) An exhibitionist.
(d) An angry person.
8. What is the name of the dragger captain Mitchell meets?
9. What was Peggy self-conscious about?
(a) A bald spot.
(b) A scar.
(c) A birthmark.
(d) A strange shaped nose.
10. Which sentence best describes the way Mitchell wrote Hugh Flood as a subject?
(a) He is a very realistic character.
(b) He is an unreal character.
(c) He never existed.
(d) He is a compilation of characters.
11. What is the name of the community with the run-down cemetery?
(a) Savannah Sandy.
(b) Forest Lawn.
(c) Sandy Ground.
(d) Golden Hill Grounds.
12. Who is in love with Peggy?
13. Why was it illegal for people to harvest the bay in Andrew's story?
(a) It was barren.
(b) It was in a strange boundary area.
(c) The water was unsafe.
(d) It was polluted.
14. Which description matches that of Mr. Hunter's mother?
(a) She was born into a rich plantation family.
(b) She was from Colombia.
(c) She was from Russia.
(d) She was born into slavery.
15. Where did Peggy work?
(b) Butcher shop.
(d) Candy store.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what street did Mitchell and Zimmers have lunch?
2. In "On the Wagon," what did the man need to do to keep his job?
3. Where did Gould want 1/2 of his manuscript to go?
4. Mr. Cusack found men throwing what item into the river one evening?
5. What did Mr. Cusack receive as a gift?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)