|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the dragger captain Mitchell meets?
2. What hotel did Hugh Flood live in?
(a) Holiday Inn.
(b) The Islander.
(c) The Hartford.
(d) The Pacific.
3. The painter who painted Joe imagined that he was which of the following?
(a) A hermit.
(b) An angry person.
(c) An artist.
(d) An exhibitionist.
4. Who is in love with Peggy?
5. At the time of his projected death, how old would Hugh Flood be?
6. Why was it illegal for people to harvest the bay in Andrew's story?
(a) It was barren.
(b) It was polluted.
(c) The water was unsafe.
(d) It was in a strange boundary area.
7. What kind of life did Joe Gould lead?
(a) He lived as an introverted hermit.
(b) He lived as a servant in a rich man's house.
(c) He lived as a college student for his entire life.
(d) He lived as a bum.
8. Mitchell believes that to Peggy, what purpose did the little girl serve?
(a) A wake up call.
(b) A fun playmate.
(c) A nuisance.
(d) A sad reminder.
9. What is Andrew Zimmers called?
(a) Shelffish protector.
(b) Ocean worshipper.
(c) Ocean lover.
(d) Shellfish hunter.
10. What is the name of the main subject of "I Blame it all on Mama"?
11. Which description matches the painting Joe was in?
(a) He was covered in trash.
(b) He was wearing a business suit.
(c) He was naked.
(d) He was covered in paint.
12. In which year did Hugh Floor believe he would die?
13. What industry was Louis' family in before he moved?
14. What did Dockery use to haul firewood?
(a) A truck.
(b) A bull.
(c) A horse.
(d) A wheelbarrow.
15. What is the name of the community with the run-down cemetery?
(a) Sandy Ground.
(b) Forest Lawn.
(c) Savannah Sandy.
(d) Golden Hill Grounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mitchell remain out of the loop in Peggy's story?
2. What was Peggy self-conscious about?
3. Where did Peggy work?
4. In "I Blame it all on Mama," what did the woman do when Mitchell asked her about her drinking?
5. In the story about Mr. Hunter's grave, who admits to enjoying cemetery walks?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)