|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Louis and Mitchell see in the third and fourth stories of the restaurant?
(c) Crates and boxes.
(d) Stored food.
2. Which emotion does Jim feel most?
3. Where did Hugh Flood spend most of his time?
(c) Fish market.
4. Who does Peggy ask to walk her home?
(d) A little girl.
5. How old was Hugh Flood at the time the events Mitchell writes about occurred?
6. What is the name of the main subject of "I Blame it all on Mama"?
7. At the time of his projected death, how old would Hugh Flood be?
8. Hugh Flood is referred to as which of the following?
(a) Retired artist.
(b) Retired student.
(c) Retired house-wrecker.
(d) Retired teacher.
9. Mr. Cusack found men throwing what item into the river one evening?
10. How does Mitchell remain out of the loop in Peggy's story?
(a) He never asks Peggy her real name.
(b) He never asks Peggy if he can publish her story.
(c) He never follows up with Peggy to see what happened to her.
(d) He never knows what she says to the girl the second time.
11. What did Mitchell call Dockery?
12. In the story about Mr. Hunter's grave, who admits to enjoying cemetery walks?
13. What is the name of the dragger captain Mitchell meets?
14. Why was it illegal for people to harvest the bay in Andrew's story?
(a) It was in a strange boundary area.
(b) It was barren.
(c) The water was unsafe.
(d) It was polluted.
15. Who is the owner of the restaurant in "Up in the Old Hotel"?
(a) Louis Mitchell.
(b) Louis Martinez.
(c) Louis Carter.
(d) Louis Morino.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main "character" in the story called "The Kind Old Blonde"?
2. On what street did Mitchell and Zimmers have lunch?
3. After Joe's death, how did Mitchell feel about him?
4. What is Ellory's natural talent?
5. Where did Joe feel most at home?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)