|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mr. Cusack obsessed with?
(a) Health ailments.
2. Mitchell believes that to Peggy, what purpose did the little girl serve?
(a) A fun playmate.
(b) A wake up call.
(c) A sad reminder.
(d) A nuisance.
3. Who is the main "character" in the story called "The Kind Old Blonde"?
4. How old was Hugh Flood at the time the events Mitchell writes about occurred?
5. In the story about Mr. Hunter's grave, who admits to enjoying cemetery walks?
6. What industry was Louis' family in before he moved?
7. What kind of life did Joe Gould lead?
(a) He lived as a servant in a rich man's house.
(b) He lived as a college student for his entire life.
(c) He lived as an introverted hermit.
(d) He lived as a bum.
8. In "Rats on the Waterfront," how were the rats brought in?
(a) As a way to get rid of other species.
(b) A unknowing farmer released them.
(c) As a terrorist attack.
(d) Accidentally, on foreign ships.
9. What is the name of Hugh's close friend?
10. In which year did Hugh Floor believe he would die?
11. What is the occupation of the man in love with Peggy?
12. In "On the Wagon," what did the man need to do to keep his job?
(a) Make friends with the boss.
(b) Go back to college.
(c) Bring in more business.
(d) Stay sober.
13. The painter who painted Joe imagined that he was which of the following?
(a) An artist.
(b) An exhibitionist.
(c) An angry person.
(d) A hermit.
14. Mr. Cusack found men throwing what item into the river one evening?
15. What crop does Dockery farm?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who guessed Hugh Flood would die soon?
2. What event does Mr. Cusack consider exciting?
3. Who is in love with Peggy?
4. Who did Peggy tell that she was punished by God for being bad?
5. Where did Joe feel most at home?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)