|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which description matches that of Mr. Hunter's mother?
(a) She was from Russia.
(b) She was from Colombia.
(c) She was born into slavery.
(d) She was born into a rich plantation family.
2. What did Mitchell call Dockery?
3. What kind of life did Joe Gould lead?
(a) He lived as a college student for his entire life.
(b) He lived as a bum.
(c) He lived as an introverted hermit.
(d) He lived as a servant in a rich man's house.
4. What crop does Dockery farm?
5. How old was Louis when he moved to America?
6. Who is the main "character" in the story called "The Kind Old Blonde"?
7. What industry was Louis' family in before he moved?
8. What is the name of the bayman Andrews introduces Mitchell to?
9. What did Mr. Cusack receive as a gift?
10. How long has Mike been sober?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 1 year.
11. What hotel did Hugh Flood live in?
(a) The Hartford.
(b) The Islander.
(c) The Pacific.
(d) Holiday Inn.
12. Where do Mitchell and Zimmers have chowder?
13. In "I Blame it all on Mama," what did the woman do when Mitchell asked her about her drinking?
(a) She ignored him.
(b) She laughed at him.
(c) She answered him politely.
(d) She slapped him.
14. What did Dockery use to haul firewood?
(a) A bull.
(b) A horse.
(c) A wheelbarrow.
(d) A truck.
15. What bad thing did Peggy say she did?
(a) She dropped out of school.
(b) She killed her father.
(c) She killed her sister.
(d) She insulted a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Hugh's close friend?
2. In "Rats on the Waterfront," how were the rats brought in?
3. Mitchell believes that to Peggy, what purpose did the little girl serve?
4. What is the name of the dragger captain Mitchell meets?
5. What is the name of the main subject of "I Blame it all on Mama"?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)