|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Louis and Mitchell see in the third and fourth stories of the restaurant?
(a) Crates and boxes.
(b) Stored food.
2. What food did Hugh Flood eat most?
(b) Italian food.
(c) Chinese food.
(d) Raw food.
3. What industry was Louis' family in before he moved?
4. What is the name of the main person in "On the Wagon"?
5. How old was Hugh Flood at the time the events Mitchell writes about occurred?
6. What did Dockery use to haul firewood?
(a) A wheelbarrow.
(b) A truck.
(c) A horse.
(d) A bull.
7. Jim's companion compares which of the following to necessary oil?
8. Who is the owner of the restaurant in "Up in the Old Hotel"?
(a) Louis Carter.
(b) Louis Mitchell.
(c) Louis Martinez.
(d) Louis Morino.
9. Who does Peggy ask to walk her home?
(b) A little girl.
10. What is the restaurant called in "I Couldn't Dope It Out"?
(a) My Red Hell.
(b) My Golden Gate.
(c) My Blue Heaven.
(d) My Golden Hills.
11. Mr. Cusack found men throwing what item into the river one evening?
12. What is the name of the bayman Andrews introduces Mitchell to?
13. In "On the Wagon," what is the name of the man's girlfriend?
(b) Betsy Ann.
14. Where did Peggy work?
(a) Candy store.
(d) Butcher shop.
15. Which description matches that of Mr. Hunter's mother?
(a) She was born into slavery.
(b) She was from Russia.
(c) She was born into a rich plantation family.
(d) She was from Colombia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does Mr. Cusack consider exciting?
2. What was Mr. Cusack obsessed with?
3. What kind of life did Joe Gould lead?
4. In which year did Hugh Floor believe he would die?
5. What hotel did Hugh Flood live in?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)