|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Peggy ask to walk her home?
(c) A little girl.
2. Why was it illegal for people to harvest the bay in Andrew's story?
(a) It was polluted.
(b) The water was unsafe.
(c) It was in a strange boundary area.
(d) It was barren.
3. Where do Mitchell and Zimmers have chowder?
4. What did Dockery disapprove of?
(a) Animals used in farming.
(d) Writing as a career choice.
5. Where did Peggy work?
(b) Butcher shop.
(d) Candy store.
6. What bad thing did Peggy say she did?
(a) She dropped out of school.
(b) She killed her father.
(c) She insulted a child.
(d) She killed her sister.
7. What crop does Dockery farm?
8. In "Rats on the Waterfront," how were the rats brought in?
(a) Accidentally, on foreign ships.
(b) As a terrorist attack.
(c) As a way to get rid of other species.
(d) A unknowing farmer released them.
9. What is the name of the main person in "On the Wagon"?
10. What is the occupation of the man in love with Peggy?
11. What is the name of the restaurant in "Up in the Old Hotel"?
(a) Sloppy Louie's.
(b) Fat Louie's.
(c) Rich Louie's.
(d) Charming Louie's.
12. How long has Mike been sober?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 4 months.
13. What is the former name of the building Louis' owns?
(a) Cortez Inn.
(b) Canton Ferry Hotel.
(c) Fairaday Hotel.
(d) Fulton Ferry Hotel.
14. What is the name of the man who guessed Hugh Flood would die soon?
(a) Mr. Mooney.
(b) Mr. Mayen.
(c) Mr. Margit.
(d) Mr. Morrow.
15. Hugh Flood is referred to as which of the following?
(a) Retired artist.
(b) Retired house-wrecker.
(c) Retired student.
(d) Retired teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Cusack found men throwing what item into the river one evening?
2. How does Mitchell remain out of the loop in Peggy's story?
3. In "On the Wagon," what did the man need to do to keep his job?
4. What is Ellory's natural talent?
5. What is the name of the dragger captain Mitchell meets?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)