|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the restaurant called in "I Couldn't Dope It Out"?
(a) My Golden Hills.
(b) My Blue Heaven.
(c) My Red Hell.
(d) My Golden Gate.
2. In "Rats on the Waterfront," how were the rats brought in?
(a) A unknowing farmer released them.
(b) As a way to get rid of other species.
(c) Accidentally, on foreign ships.
(d) As a terrorist attack.
3. What is the name of the dragger captain Mitchell meets?
4. Which sentence best describes the way Mitchell wrote Hugh Flood as a subject?
(a) He is a compilation of characters.
(b) He is a very realistic character.
(c) He never existed.
(d) He is an unreal character.
5. What is the name of the man who guessed Hugh Flood would die soon?
(a) Mr. Margit.
(b) Mr. Morrow.
(c) Mr. Mayen.
(d) Mr. Mooney.
6. In "On the Wagon," what is the name of the man's girlfriend?
(d) Betsy Ann.
7. Mr. Cusack found men throwing what item into the river one evening?
8. Who is the main "character" in the story called "The Kind Old Blonde"?
9. What is the name of the bayman Andrews introduces Mitchell to?
10. What food did Hugh Flood eat most?
(a) Raw food.
(c) Chinese food.
(d) Italian food.
11. What does "The Bottom of the Harbor" describe?
(a) Ocean animals.
(b) The field of marine biology.
(c) Ocean beds.
(d) Going fishing.
12. What did Louis and Mitchell see in the third and fourth stories of the restaurant?
(a) Stored food.
(b) Crates and boxes.
13. Hugh Flood is referred to as which of the following?
(a) Retired teacher.
(b) Retired student.
(c) Retired house-wrecker.
(d) Retired artist.
14. What did Dockery disapprove of?
(a) Writing as a career choice.
(c) Animals used in farming.
15. Where did Gould want 2/3 of his manuscript to go?
(a) Writing Museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Joe's death, how did Mitchell feel about him?
2. In "On the Wagon," what did the man need to do to keep his job?
3. What did Mitchell call Dockery?
4. How long has Mike been sober?
5. What was Peggy self-conscious about?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)