|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Hugh Flood at the time the events Mitchell writes about occurred?
2. What is the name of the main person in "On the Wagon"?
3. What is the name of Hugh's close friend?
4. What is the name of the main subject of "I Blame it all on Mama"?
5. Where did Hugh Flood spend most of his time?
(a) Fish market.
6. What kind of life did Joe Gould lead?
(a) He lived as a servant in a rich man's house.
(b) He lived as a bum.
(c) He lived as an introverted hermit.
(d) He lived as a college student for his entire life.
7. What did Mr. Cusack receive as a gift?
8. What hotel did Hugh Flood live in?
(a) The Islander.
(b) The Pacific.
(c) The Hartford.
(d) Holiday Inn.
9. Who does Peggy ask to walk her home?
(d) A little girl.
10. What is the occupation of the man in love with Peggy?
11. Mitchell believes that to Peggy, what purpose did the little girl serve?
(a) A wake up call.
(b) A fun playmate.
(c) A sad reminder.
(d) A nuisance.
12. Who did Peggy tell that she was punished by God for being bad?
(a) A man who had a crush on her.
(b) Her boss.
(d) A little girl.
13. What did Louis and Mitchell see in the third and fourth stories of the restaurant?
(a) Crates and boxes.
(d) Stored food.
14. What was Mr. Cusack obsessed with?
(c) Health ailments.
15. How old was Louis when he moved to America?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which description matches the painting Joe was in?
2. What is the name of the restaurant in "Up in the Old Hotel"?
3. Which description matches that of Mr. Hunter's mother?
4. What is the name of the dragger captain Mitchell meets?
5. In the story about Mr. Hunter's grave, who admits to enjoying cemetery walks?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)