|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Hugh Flood at the time the events Mitchell writes about occurred?
2. What kind of business is Madame Visaggi's?
(a) Candy store.
(c) Candle shop.
3. Who did Peggy tell that she was punished by God for being bad?
(a) A little girl.
(c) Her boss.
(d) A man who had a crush on her.
4. Where did Hugh Flood spend most of his time?
(a) Fish market.
5. What hotel did Hugh Flood live in?
(a) The Pacific.
(b) Holiday Inn.
(c) The Hartford.
(d) The Islander.
6. Which emotion does Jim feel most?
7. What did Dockery disapprove of?
(a) Animals used in farming.
(b) Writing as a career choice.
8. Mitchell believes that to Peggy, what purpose did the little girl serve?
(a) A sad reminder.
(b) A nuisance.
(c) A wake up call.
(d) A fun playmate.
9. Which sentence best describes the way Mitchell wrote Hugh Flood as a subject?
(a) He never existed.
(b) He is a compilation of characters.
(c) He is a very realistic character.
(d) He is an unreal character.
10. Where did Peggy work?
(a) Butcher shop.
(b) Candy store.
11. Mr. Cusack found men throwing what item into the river one evening?
12. In which year did Hugh Floor believe he would die?
13. After Joe's death, how did Mitchell feel about him?
(a) He wanted to respect his privacy.
(b) He lost interest in him.
(c) He thought he was too angry.
(d) He became interested again.
14. Who is the owner of the restaurant in "Up in the Old Hotel"?
(a) Louis Martinez.
(b) Louis Carter.
(c) Louis Morino.
(d) Louis Mitchell.
15. What did Mitchell call Dockery?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who guessed Hugh Flood would die soon?
2. In the story about Mr. Hunter's grave, who admits to enjoying cemetery walks?
3. What is the name of the dragger captain Mitchell meets?
4. What was Peggy self-conscious about?
5. In "On the Wagon," what did the man need to do to keep his job?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)