|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mitchell believes that to Peggy, what purpose did the little girl serve?
(a) A nuisance.
(b) A wake up call.
(c) A fun playmate.
(d) A sad reminder.
2. What did Mr. Cusack receive as a gift?
3. What kind of business is Madame Visaggi's?
(c) Candy store.
(d) Candle shop.
4. What did Louis and Mitchell see in the third and fourth stories of the restaurant?
(b) Crates and boxes.
(c) Stored food.
5. In "On the Wagon," what did the man need to do to keep his job?
(a) Bring in more business.
(b) Make friends with the boss.
(c) Stay sober.
(d) Go back to college.
6. In "I Blame it all on Mama," what did the woman do when Mitchell asked her about her drinking?
(a) She answered him politely.
(b) She laughed at him.
(c) She slapped him.
(d) She ignored him.
7. What did Mitchell call Dockery?
8. After Joe's death, how did Mitchell feel about him?
(a) He thought he was too angry.
(b) He became interested again.
(c) He wanted to respect his privacy.
(d) He lost interest in him.
9. What crop does Dockery farm?
10. Which emotion does Jim feel most?
11. In which year did Hugh Floor believe he would die?
12. On what street did Mitchell and Zimmers have lunch?
(a) Emmons Avenue.
(b) Clambake Avenue.
(c) Ponderosa Avenue.
(d) Grant Avenue.
13. In "On the Wagon," what is the name of the man's girlfriend?
(d) Betsy Ann.
14. Why was it illegal for people to harvest the bay in Andrew's story?
(a) It was polluted.
(b) It was in a strange boundary area.
(c) It was barren.
(d) The water was unsafe.
15. What is the name of the community with the run-down cemetery?
(a) Savannah Sandy.
(b) Sandy Ground.
(c) Forest Lawn.
(d) Golden Hill Grounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Peggy ask to walk her home?
2. Where did Gould want 2/3 of his manuscript to go?
3. What did Dockery use to haul firewood?
4. What is the occupation of the man in love with Peggy?
5. What bad thing did Peggy say she did?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)