|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the man in love with Peggy?
2. What is the name of the restaurant in "Up in the Old Hotel"?
(a) Charming Louie's.
(b) Sloppy Louie's.
(c) Fat Louie's.
(d) Rich Louie's.
3. What event does Mr. Cusack consider exciting?
(a) Solar eclipse.
(b) Lunar eclipse.
(c) Full moon.
(d) Half moon.
4. Where did Hugh Flood spend most of his time?
(a) Fish market.
5. Why was it illegal for people to harvest the bay in Andrew's story?
(a) The water was unsafe.
(b) It was polluted.
(c) It was in a strange boundary area.
(d) It was barren.
6. What is the name of the community with the run-down cemetery?
(a) Sandy Ground.
(b) Forest Lawn.
(c) Savannah Sandy.
(d) Golden Hill Grounds.
7. Mr. Cusack found men throwing what item into the river one evening?
8. How does Mitchell remain out of the loop in Peggy's story?
(a) He never knows what she says to the girl the second time.
(b) He never follows up with Peggy to see what happened to her.
(c) He never asks Peggy if he can publish her story.
(d) He never asks Peggy her real name.
9. Mitchell believes that to Peggy, what purpose did the little girl serve?
(a) A wake up call.
(b) A fun playmate.
(c) A sad reminder.
(d) A nuisance.
10. What did Mitchell call Dockery?
11. What is the name of the main person in "On the Wagon"?
12. In "Rats on the Waterfront," how were the rats brought in?
(a) As a terrorist attack.
(b) As a way to get rid of other species.
(c) A unknowing farmer released them.
(d) Accidentally, on foreign ships.
13. What is the name of the bayman Andrews introduces Mitchell to?
14. What is the name of Hugh's close friend?
15. Hugh Flood is referred to as which of the following?
(a) Retired artist.
(b) Retired student.
(c) Retired house-wrecker.
(d) Retired teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Peggy tell that she was punished by God for being bad?
2. What was Mr. Cusack obsessed with?
3. Who is the owner of the restaurant in "Up in the Old Hotel"?
4. How long has Mike been sober?
5. In which year did Hugh Floor believe he would die?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)