|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Joe feel most at home?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
2. Which sentence best describes the way Mitchell wrote Hugh Flood as a subject?
(a) He is an unreal character.
(b) He is a compilation of characters.
(c) He is a very realistic character.
(d) He never existed.
3. What industry was Louis' family in before he moved?
4. What does "The Bottom of the Harbor" describe?
(a) The field of marine biology.
(b) Ocean beds.
(c) Going fishing.
(d) Ocean animals.
5. Where did Gould want 2/3 of his manuscript to go?
(b) Writing Museum.
6. What name does Mr. Cusack assign to people who act strangely during the full moon?
(b) Full mooners.
7. Where did Hugh Flood spend most of his time?
(c) Fish market.
8. What was Peggy self-conscious about?
(a) A bald spot.
(b) A birthmark.
(c) A strange shaped nose.
(d) A scar.
9. In the story about Mr. Hunter's grave, who admits to enjoying cemetery walks?
10. Who did Peggy tell that she was punished by God for being bad?
(a) A little girl.
(c) A man who had a crush on her.
(d) Her boss.
11. How does Mitchell remain out of the loop in Peggy's story?
(a) He never asks Peggy if he can publish her story.
(b) He never follows up with Peggy to see what happened to her.
(c) He never knows what she says to the girl the second time.
(d) He never asks Peggy her real name.
12. What kind of business is Madame Visaggi's?
(a) Candy store.
(d) Candle shop.
13. How old was Louis when he moved to America?
14. Who does Peggy ask to walk her home?
(d) A little girl.
15. What is Ellory's natural talent?
(c) Giving speeches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mitchell believes that to Peggy, what purpose did the little girl serve?
2. Mr. Cusack found men throwing what item into the river one evening?
3. What did Louis and Mitchell see in the third and fourth stories of the restaurant?
4. In "On the Wagon," what did the man need to do to keep his job?
5. Hugh Flood is referred to as which of the following?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)