|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mitchell meet Archie Clock?
(c) Clam beds.
2. What kind of business is "The Old House at Home"?
(a) A saloon.
(b) A family restaurant.
(c) An assisted living home.
(d) A sports bar.
3. Which person was known as Houdini in Harlem?
4. Who is the main personality in "The Same as Monkey Glands"?
5. What was the name of the theater Mazie worked at?
(a) The Verona.
(b) The Venetian.
(c) The Valentino.
(d) The Venice.
6. What does Mitchell say populated streets at night?
7. What kind of work do the Mohawk Indians tend to leave for?
(a) Odd jobs.
(b) Jobs in the education field.
(c) Servant and maid jobs.
(d) Factory work.
8. What are Philippa's parents?
(a) Factory workers.
(c) Construction workers.
9. Joe said that the animals in the streets were "aching souls" of what type of person?
(c) Old people.
10. What do Philippa's parents credit for her IQ?
11. Who did Daniel leave his business to when he died?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His son.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His wife.
12. What is the name of the person Mitchell talks about in "A Mess of Clams"?
13. Who started Barbee's business?
(a) His father.
(b) His father-in-law.
(c) HIs grandfather.
(d) His wife.
14. What is the name of Jane's husband?
15. Why is Mitchell compelled by Jane?
(a) Her career resume.
(b) Her appearance.
(c) Her education and skills.
(d) Her outlook on life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the owner of McSorley's change the name?
2. What was the name of the man who opened "The Old House at Home"?
3. What was Daniel O'Connell's profession before he retired?
4. What trend began to occur in Mohawk Indian marriages as Mitchell noted?
5. What is peculiar about Philippa's family's diet?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)