|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jane decide not to shave her face?
(a) She found it to be unfeminist.
(b) She was not ashamed of her beard.
(c) She thought her beard made her more attractive.
(d) She accepted herself.
2. Why did the owner of McSorley's change the name?
(a) He bought a new sign.
(b) His business wasn't popular with the old name.
(c) His wife hated the name.
(d) He knew he was going to pass it down to a family member.
3. How did Mazie spend most of her evenings?
(a) Working at the food mission.
(b) Walking around the streets.
(c) Reading about poverty.
(d) Cleaning up the theater.
4. When was "The Old House at Home" opened?
5. What is the name of Jane's husband?
6. What last name did Mazie choose?
7. How did Jane's father feel about her?
(a) He was ashamed and kept her locked away.
(b) He loved her.
(c) He was embarrassed of her.
(d) He refused to ever get to know his daughter.
8. Where did Mitchell meet Archie Clock?
(d) Clam beds.
9. What street does Philippa live on?
(a) Convent Avenue.
(b) Parish Avenue.
(c) Grant Avenue.
(d) Sturgis Avenue.
10. What is the name of the story about Commodore Dutch?
(a) A Sporting Man.
(b) A Lonely Man.
(c) A Wonderous Man.
(d) A Hunting Man.
11. What happened to the money people sent to Mitchell for the "cave dwellers"?
(a) He spent it.
(b) He donated it.
(c) He sent it back to them.
(d) He gave it to the "cave dwellers".
12. What was the biggest contrast between Bill and his father?
(a) Bill was quiet.
(b) Bill was eager to please customers.
(c) Bill was an alcoholic.
(d) Bill was a good businessman.
13. How many mummies did Charles claim to have owned?
14. Why did people make so many purchases from Barbee's shop?
(a) The animals were good pets.
(b) The animals were good at guarding other more valuable animals.
(c) They believed the animals had healing powers.
(d) The animals tasted good.
15. What was James Jefferson Davis Hall's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Charles often sell?
2. Who is the historian for a club for deaf people?
3. What were the names of Mazie's sisters?
4. What is the title of the book Joe is writing?
5. What kind of farm does Barbee own?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)