|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Daniel leave his business to when he died?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His son.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His wife.
2. How old is Philippa Duke Schuyler?
3. What are calypsos?
(a) Serious songs about romantic love.
(b) Sad songs about death and illness.
(c) Angry songs about bar fights and missed opportunities.
(d) Humorous songs about love and honor.
4. James Hall's requests mostly came from what kind of person?
(c) Older women.
(d) Angry men.
5. Where did Mitchell meet Archie Clock?
(b) Clam beds.
6. Who is "Santa Clause Smith"?
(a) Smith Johnson.
(b) Arthur Smith.
(c) Richard Smith.
(d) John Smith.
7. How did Mazie spend most of her evenings?
(a) Cleaning up the theater.
(b) Working at the food mission.
(c) Reading about poverty.
(d) Walking around the streets.
8. Who told Mitchell about the club for deaf people?
(a) Jack Fitzsimmons.
(b) Samuel Frankenheim.
(c) Edgar Sinclair.
(d) John Smith.
9. When was "The Old House at Home" opened?
10. How many notebooks did Joe have written?
11. What was the term James Hall believed was occurring?
(a) Religious decline.
(b) Christian landslide.
(c) Religious growth spurt.
(d) Christian recoil.
12. What was the name of the theater Mazie worked at?
(a) The Valentino.
(b) The Venetian.
(c) The Verona.
(d) The Venice.
13. Who was not allowed to enter "The Old House at Home"?
(d) Those with meager incomes.
14. What is the name of Jane's husband?
15. What occupation does Jane dream of having?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the names of Mazie's sisters?
2. Why did the owner of McSorley's change the name?
3. Who is the historian for a club for deaf people?
4. Who did Mazie cite as being helpful?
5. What kind of farm does Barbee own?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)