|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mazie spend most of her evenings?
(a) Working at the food mission.
(b) Reading about poverty.
(c) Cleaning up the theater.
(d) Walking around the streets.
2. What kind of work do the Mohawk Indians tend to leave for?
(a) Factory work.
(b) Servant and maid jobs.
(c) Jobs in the education field.
(d) Odd jobs.
3. At McSorley's, what did the men gather around?
(a) A television.
(b) A fire.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A pool table.
4. What were the names of Mazie's sisters?
(a) Rosa and Jordan.
(b) Romy and Jenny.
(c) Rory and Jillian.
(d) Rosie and Jeanie.
5. How old was Jane when she grew a full beard?
6. What is the name of the place in "The Obituary of a Fin Mill"?
7. What does Mitchell say populated streets at night?
8. Who is the main personality in "The Same as Monkey Glands"?
9. The story about which person or people leaves the reader hanging most?
(a) The gypsies.
(b) Philippa Schuyler.
(c) Joe Gould.
(d) Cave dwellers.
10. Who did Mazie cite as being helpful?
11. What did the "Old Yankee" run?
(a) A record store.
(b) A bank.
(c) A fishing bait shop.
(d) A museum.
12. What was the biggest contrast between Bill and his father?
(a) Bill was a good businessman.
(b) Bill was eager to please customers.
(c) Bill was an alcoholic.
(d) Bill was quiet.
13. What did Charles often sell?
(a) Odds and ends.
(c) Fishing bait.
14. What happened to the money people sent to Mitchell for the "cave dwellers"?
(a) He spent it.
(b) He gave it to the "cave dwellers".
(c) He donated it.
(d) He sent it back to them.
15. What are Philippa's parents?
(b) Construction workers.
(d) Factory workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jane's father feel about her?
2. What are calypsos?
3. Who did Daniel leave his business to when he died?
4. Why did Jane decide not to shave her face?
5. What was the name of the man who opened "The Old House at Home"?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)