|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jane's father feel about her?
(a) He refused to ever get to know his daughter.
(b) He was embarrassed of her.
(c) He loved her.
(d) He was ashamed and kept her locked away.
2. How old is Philippa Duke Schuyler?
3. What did Commodore do to make a living?
(a) He owned a business.
(b) He served food at a cafe.
(c) He begged on the streets.
(d) He held an annual ball.
4. Who did Daniel leave his business to when he died?
(a) His son.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His wife.
(d) His daughter.
5. What kind of business is "The Old House at Home"?
(a) A family restaurant.
(b) A sports bar.
(c) An assisted living home.
(d) A saloon.
6. How many mummies did Charles claim to have owned?
7. Who claimed to be angry at people who said they were tired of noises?
8. What was the name of the man who opened "The Old House at Home"?
(a) Bill McSorley.
(b) Joe Gould.
(c) William Ames.
(d) John McSorley.
9. What kind of work do the Mohawk Indians tend to leave for?
(a) Factory work.
(b) Servant and maid jobs.
(c) Jobs in the education field.
(d) Odd jobs.
10. What were the names of Mazie's sisters?
(a) Rosie and Jeanie.
(b) Romy and Jenny.
(c) Rory and Jillian.
(d) Rosa and Jordan.
11. Which character looked down on possessions?
(a) Jane Barnell.
(b) Mazie Gordon.
(c) James Jefferson Davis Hall.
(d) Joe Gould.
12. How did Mazie spend most of her evenings?
(a) Cleaning up the theater.
(b) Working at the food mission.
(c) Walking around the streets.
(d) Reading about poverty.
13. Under what circumstance would Mazie give the poor a ticket for free?
(a) They would run errands.
(b) They would buy her food.
(c) They cleaned up.
(d) They stopped living in front of the theater.
14. Why did Jane decide not to shave her face?
(a) She accepted herself.
(b) She thought her beard made her more attractive.
(c) She found it to be unfeminist.
(d) She was not ashamed of her beard.
15. How did the "cave dwellers" feel after they read their story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the term James Hall believed was occurring?
2. In "Spism and Spasm," what did the main character become?
3. James Hall's requests mostly came from what kind of person?
4. Who is "Santa Clause Smith"?
5. What would James Hall do to preach?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)