|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mitchell claims to have often helped his father do which activity?
(a) Hunt for deer.
(b) Slaughter cows.
(c) Clean abandoned homes.
(d) Shovel snow.
2. What is the title of the book Joe is writing?
(a) An Expansive History of Earth.
(b) A Brief History of the World.
(c) An Oral History of Our Time.
(d) An Examination of History.
3. The story about which person or people leaves the reader hanging most?
(a) Philippa Schuyler.
(b) The gypsies.
(c) Cave dwellers.
(d) Joe Gould.
4. What did Charles often sell?
(c) Odds and ends.
(d) Fishing bait.
5. Who claimed to be angry at people who said they were tired of noises?
6. How many notebooks did Joe have written?
7. Why is Mitchell compelled by Jane?
(a) Her education and skills.
(b) Her appearance.
(c) Her career resume.
(d) Her outlook on life.
8. On what street was McSorley's located?
9. What was the name of the theater Mazie worked at?
(a) The Venice.
(b) The Valentino.
(c) The Venetian.
(d) The Verona.
10. What did the "Old Yankee" run?
(a) A record store.
(b) A museum.
(c) A fishing bait shop.
(d) A bank.
11. Jane has only a limited ability to be which of the following?
12. Who does Mitchell describe as thieves?
(a) Philippa Schuyler's parents.
(b) Joe Gould and people like him.
(c) Cave dwellers.
13. What was the term James Hall believed was occurring?
(a) Christian landslide.
(b) Religious decline.
(c) Christian recoil.
(d) Religious growth spurt.
14. What occupation does Jane dream of having?
15. Who is the main personality in "The Same as Monkey Glands"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What street does Philippa live on?
2. Who started Barbee's business?
3. What kind of business is "The Old House at Home"?
4. Under what circumstance would Mazie give the poor a ticket for free?
5. Why did Jane decide not to shave her face?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)