|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Daniel O'Connell's profession before he retired?
(a) Postal worker.
(c) Police officer.
(d) Business owner.
2. In "Spism and Spasm," what did the main character become?
(a) A street preacher.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A writer.
(d) A bum.
3. How old is Philippa Duke Schuyler?
4. James Hall's requests mostly came from what kind of person?
(a) Angry men.
(b) Older women.
5. Joe said that the animals in the streets were "aching souls" of what type of person?
(b) Old people.
6. What occupation did Jane Barnell have?
(b) Worked at The Venice.
(c) Bearded lady at a circus.
(d) Court stenographer.
7. On what street was McSorley's located?
8. What is the name of the story about Commodore Dutch?
(a) A Sporting Man.
(b) A Lonely Man.
(c) A Wonderous Man.
(d) A Hunting Man.
9. When was "The Old House at Home" opened?
10. What is Philippa a prodigy in?
11. What would James Hall do to preach?
(a) Stand outside churches of other faiths to preach.
(b) Preach on the bus.
(c) Get phone numbers.
(d) Show up at random homes.
12. What did James Hall believe that he was doing?
(a) Helping people.
(b) Contributing to society's downfall.
(c) Increasing education.
(d) Hurting people.
13. How many notebooks did Joe have written?
14. How did Mazie spend most of her evenings?
(a) Working at the food mission.
(b) Cleaning up the theater.
(c) Reading about poverty.
(d) Walking around the streets.
15. How many mummies did Charles claim to have owned?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason did Bill often close his business early?
2. What street does Philippa live on?
3. How much would Dutch typically profit?
4. Who claimed to be angry at people who said they were tired of noises?
5. Who is "Professor Sea Gull"?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)