|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Philippa's parents credit for her IQ?
2. Which adjective best describes the atmosphere of McSorley's?
3. How much would Dutch typically profit?
4. Why is Mitchell compelled by Jane?
(a) Her appearance.
(b) Her education and skills.
(c) Her outlook on life.
(d) Her career resume.
5. Who did Mazie cite as being helpful?
6. What is the name of the story about Commodore Dutch?
(a) A Sporting Man.
(b) A Lonely Man.
(c) A Wonderous Man.
(d) A Hunting Man.
7. What is peculiar about Philippa's family's diet?
(a) They do not eat any homecooked meals.
(b) They eat only raw food.
(c) They eat only protein.
(d) They do not eat fruit.
8. Under what circumstance would Mazie give the poor a ticket for free?
(a) They would run errands.
(b) They stopped living in front of the theater.
(c) They would buy her food.
(d) They cleaned up.
9. What street does Philippa live on?
(a) Convent Avenue.
(b) Sturgis Avenue.
(c) Parish Avenue.
(d) Grant Avenue.
10. Where did Mitchell meet Archie Clock?
(d) Clam beds.
11. What was Daniel O'Connell's profession before he retired?
(a) Police officer.
(b) Business owner.
(c) Postal worker.
12. Who is the historian for a club for deaf people?
(a) Jack Fitzsimmons.
(b) Samuel Frankenheim.
(c) Joe Gould.
(d) Sam Smith.
13. For what reason did Bill often close his business early?
(a) His wife made him come early for dinner.
(b) He got tired.
(c) He had to work at another business.
(d) He was tempted to drink alcohol.
14. How did the "cave dwellers" feel after they read their story?
15. How old was Jane when she grew a full beard?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did James Hall believe that he was doing?
2. Mitchell claims to have often helped his father do which activity?
3. Which person was known as Houdini in Harlem?
4. What trend became apparent for Mohawk Indian religion?
5. What kind of work do the Mohawk Indians tend to leave for?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)