Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Philippa a prodigy in?
2. Who claimed to be angry at people who said they were tired of noises?
3. When did Bill sell "The Old House at Home"?
4. Who was not allowed to enter "The Old House at Home"?
(a) Those with meager incomes.
5. Which adjective best describes the atmosphere of McSorley's?
6. According to Barbee, what kind of person always frequented his business?
(a) Chinese people.
(b) Religious people.
(d) Latin American people.
7. Who told Mitchell about the club for deaf people?
(a) John Smith.
(b) Jack Fitzsimmons.
(c) Samuel Frankenheim.
(d) Edgar Sinclair.
8. Which person that Mitchell writes about wears a scarf to hide his or her face?
(a) Thomas O'Boyle.
(b) Joe Gould.
9. What do Philippa's parents credit for her IQ?
10. When was "The Old House at Home" opened?
11. Under what circumstance would Mazie give the poor a ticket for free?
(a) They cleaned up.
(b) They stopped living in front of the theater.
(c) They would buy her food.
(d) They would run errands.
12. What did Commodore do to make a living?
(a) He held an annual ball.
(b) He served food at a cafe.
(c) He begged on the streets.
(d) He owned a business.
13. What is the name of the story about Commodore Dutch?
(a) A Wonderous Man.
(b) A Sporting Man.
(c) A Hunting Man.
(d) A Lonely Man.
14. Why is Mitchell compelled by Jane?
(a) Her outlook on life.
(b) Her appearance.
(c) Her career resume.
(d) Her education and skills.
15. What was the name of the theater Mazie worked at?
(a) The Verona.
(b) The Valentino.
(c) The Venice.
(d) The Venetian.
Short Answer Questions
1. At McSorley's, what did the men gather around?
2. Mitchell claims to have often helped his father do which activity?
3. What is the title of the book Joe is writing?
4. What were the names of Mazie's sisters?
5. Who is described as the "Old Yankee"?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)