|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Bill sell "The Old House at Home"?
2. What was James Jefferson Davis Hall's occupation?
3. According to Barbee, what kind of person always frequented his business?
(a) Religious people.
(c) Latin American people.
(d) Chinese people.
4. What trend began to occur in Mohawk Indian marriages as Mitchell noted?
(a) Many Indians began to marry whites.
(b) Many Indians stopped taking part in marriage.
(c) Many Indians began to stop all marriages.
(d) Many Indian men began to search for younger partners.
5. In "Spism and Spasm," what did the main character become?
(a) A writer.
(b) A bum.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A street preacher.
6. What was the biggest contrast between Bill and his father?
(a) Bill was quiet.
(b) Bill was an alcoholic.
(c) Bill was a good businessman.
(d) Bill was eager to please customers.
7. Joe said that the animals in the streets were "aching souls" of what type of person?
(a) Old people.
8. What are Philippa's parents?
(a) Factory workers.
(d) Construction workers.
9. Who started Barbee's business?
(a) His father.
(b) His father-in-law.
(c) HIs grandfather.
(d) His wife.
10. Who is "Professor Sea Gull"?
(a) Jane Barnell.
(b) Thomas O'Boyle.
(c) Joe Gould.
(d) Charles Cassell.
11. What is the name of the person Mitchell talks about in "A Mess of Clams"?
12. What is the name of the place in "The Obituary of a Fin Mill"?
13. Under what circumstance would Mazie give the poor a ticket for free?
(a) They cleaned up.
(b) They would buy her food.
(c) They would run errands.
(d) They stopped living in front of the theater.
14. What occupation did Jane Barnell have?
(a) Worked at The Venice.
(c) Bearded lady at a circus.
(d) Court stenographer.
15. What did Commodore do to make a living?
(a) He served food at a cafe.
(b) He owned a business.
(c) He held an annual ball.
(d) He begged on the streets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane has only a limited ability to be which of the following?
2. What does Mitchell say populated streets at night?
3. Who is the historian for a club for deaf people?
4. Why did Jane decide not to shave her face?
5. Why did the owner of McSorley's change the name?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)