|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joe said that the animals in the streets were "aching souls" of what type of person?
(b) Old people.
2. How much would Dutch typically profit?
3. What occupation does Jane dream of having?
4. Why did people make so many purchases from Barbee's shop?
(a) They believed the animals had healing powers.
(b) The animals were good pets.
(c) The animals were good at guarding other more valuable animals.
(d) The animals tasted good.
5. How many notebooks did Joe have written?
6. Why did Jane decide not to shave her face?
(a) She found it to be unfeminist.
(b) She was not ashamed of her beard.
(c) She thought her beard made her more attractive.
(d) She accepted herself.
7. Mitchell claims to have often helped his father do which activity?
(a) Hunt for deer.
(b) Clean abandoned homes.
(c) Shovel snow.
(d) Slaughter cows.
8. How old was Jane when she grew a full beard?
9. Who is the founder of the Anti-profanity League?
10. What was the name of the theater Mazie worked at?
(a) The Venice.
(b) The Venetian.
(c) The Valentino.
(d) The Verona.
11. What were Joe's father and grandfather?
12. What did James Hall believe that he was doing?
(a) Increasing education.
(b) Contributing to society's downfall.
(c) Hurting people.
(d) Helping people.
13. What trend became apparent for Mohawk Indian religion?
(a) Most Indians became Muslim.
(b) Most Indians became atheists.
(c) Most Indians stayed true to their native religions.
(d) Most Indians became Catholic.
14. What is peculiar about Philippa's family's diet?
(a) They eat only protein.
(b) They do not eat fruit.
(c) They do not eat any homecooked meals.
(d) They eat only raw food.
15. What is the name of the person Mitchell talks about in "A Mess of Clams"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many mummies did Charles claim to have owned?
2. What did Charles often sell?
3. Who claimed to be angry at people who said they were tired of noises?
4. When did Bill sell "The Old House at Home"?
5. On what street was McSorley's located?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)