|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many mummies did Charles claim to have owned?
2. On what street was McSorley's located?
3. Who started Barbee's business?
(a) His father-in-law.
(b) His wife.
(c) HIs grandfather.
(d) His father.
4. What is the name of Jane's husband?
5. What is the name of the person Mitchell talks about in "A Mess of Clams"?
6. For what reason did Bill often close his business early?
(a) He got tired.
(b) He had to work at another business.
(c) He was tempted to drink alcohol.
(d) His wife made him come early for dinner.
7. How did Jane's mother feel about her?
(a) She never gave her opinion on the matter.
(b) She abandoned her to run away.
(c) She was scared of her.
(d) She loved her.
8. What trend began to occur in Mohawk Indian marriages as Mitchell noted?
(a) Many Indians stopped taking part in marriage.
(b) Many Indian men began to search for younger partners.
(c) Many Indians began to marry whites.
(d) Many Indians began to stop all marriages.
9. What were the names of Mazie's sisters?
(a) Romy and Jenny.
(b) Rory and Jillian.
(c) Rosie and Jeanie.
(d) Rosa and Jordan.
10. What are Philippa's parents?
(b) Construction workers.
(c) Factory workers.
11. What is the name of the story about Commodore Dutch?
(a) A Wonderous Man.
(b) A Hunting Man.
(c) A Lonely Man.
(d) A Sporting Man.
12. Where did Mitchell meet Archie Clock?
(d) Clam beds.
13. What was the term James Hall believed was occurring?
(a) Religious decline.
(b) Christian landslide.
(c) Christian recoil.
(d) Religious growth spurt.
14. What are calypsos?
(a) Angry songs about bar fights and missed opportunities.
(b) Humorous songs about love and honor.
(c) Serious songs about romantic love.
(d) Sad songs about death and illness.
15. Which person was known as Houdini in Harlem?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the biggest contrast between Bill and his father?
2. Who did Mazie cite as being helpful?
3. How much would Dutch typically profit?
4. What kind of farm does Barbee own?
5. At McSorley's, what did the men gather around?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)