|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mazie spend most of her evenings?
(a) Reading about poverty.
(b) Walking around the streets.
(c) Cleaning up the theater.
(d) Working at the food mission.
2. Who started Barbee's business?
(a) HIs grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His wife.
(d) His father-in-law.
3. Who is "Professor Sea Gull"?
(a) Charles Cassell.
(b) Joe Gould.
(c) Thomas O'Boyle.
(d) Jane Barnell.
4. Who did Mazie cite as being helpful?
5. James Hall's requests mostly came from what kind of person?
(b) Angry men.
(d) Older women.
6. What did James Hall believe that he was doing?
(a) Helping people.
(b) Increasing education.
(c) Contributing to society's downfall.
(d) Hurting people.
7. What is the name of the place in "The Obituary of a Fin Mill"?
8. What kind of business is "The Old House at Home"?
(a) A saloon.
(b) An assisted living home.
(c) A sports bar.
(d) A family restaurant.
9. Who is the historian for a club for deaf people?
(a) Joe Gould.
(b) Samuel Frankenheim.
(c) Jack Fitzsimmons.
(d) Sam Smith.
10. At McSorley's, what did the men gather around?
(a) A fire.
(b) A pool table.
(c) A television.
(d) A mirror.
11. What did Charles often sell?
(a) Fishing bait.
(b) Odds and ends.
12. What trend began to occur in Mohawk Indian marriages as Mitchell noted?
(a) Many Indian men began to search for younger partners.
(b) Many Indians began to marry whites.
(c) Many Indians stopped taking part in marriage.
(d) Many Indians began to stop all marriages.
13. What trend became apparent for Mohawk Indian religion?
(a) Most Indians became Catholic.
(b) Most Indians stayed true to their native religions.
(c) Most Indians became Muslim.
(d) Most Indians became atheists.
14. What was James Jefferson Davis Hall's occupation?
15. What were Joe's father and grandfather?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which person that Mitchell writes about wears a scarf to hide his or her face?
2. What do Philippa's parents credit for her IQ?
3. What is the name of the person Mitchell talks about in "A Mess of Clams"?
4. How old was Jane when she grew a full beard?
5. What was the term James Hall believed was occurring?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)