|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Philippa Duke Schuyler?
2. When was "The Old House at Home" opened?
3. Who started Barbee's business?
(a) HIs grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His father-in-law.
(d) His wife.
4. Who claimed to be angry at people who said they were tired of noises?
5. How many mummies did Charles claim to have owned?
6. What was Daniel O'Connell's profession before he retired?
(a) Police officer.
(c) Business owner.
(d) Postal worker.
7. How much would Dutch typically profit?
8. What occupation does Jane dream of having?
9. The story about which person or people leaves the reader hanging most?
(a) The gypsies.
(b) Cave dwellers.
(c) Philippa Schuyler.
(d) Joe Gould.
10. What school did Joe attend?
(b) Notre Dame.
11. What kind of work do the Mohawk Indians tend to leave for?
(a) Jobs in the education field.
(b) Servant and maid jobs.
(c) Factory work.
(d) Odd jobs.
12. On what street was McSorley's located?
13. For what reason did Bill often close his business early?
(a) He was tempted to drink alcohol.
(b) His wife made him come early for dinner.
(c) He had to work at another business.
(d) He got tired.
14. When did Bill sell "The Old House at Home"?
15. What street does Philippa live on?
(a) Parish Avenue.
(b) Convent Avenue.
(c) Sturgis Avenue.
(d) Grant Avenue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is "Professor Sea Gull"?
2. How did Mazie spend most of her evenings?
3. What did Charles often sell?
4. What were Joe's father and grandfather?
5. In "Spism and Spasm," what did the main character become?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)