|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 622-716.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Commodore do to make a living?
(a) He served food at a cafe.
(b) He begged on the streets.
(c) He held an annual ball.
(d) He owned a business.
2. How did Mazie spend most of her evenings?
(a) Reading about poverty.
(b) Walking around the streets.
(c) Cleaning up the theater.
(d) Working at the food mission.
3. What did the "Old Yankee" run?
(a) A museum.
(b) A bank.
(c) A record store.
(d) A fishing bait shop.
4. What does "The Bottom of the Harbor" describe?
(a) Ocean animals.
(b) The field of marine biology.
(c) Ocean beds.
(d) Going fishing.
5. Which character looked down on possessions?
(a) Mazie Gordon.
(b) Joe Gould.
(c) James Jefferson Davis Hall.
(d) Jane Barnell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What street does Philippa live on?
2. In "On the Wagon," what did the man need to do to keep his job?
3. At McSorley's, what did the men gather around?
4. In "Rats on the Waterfront," how were the rats brought in?
5. What is the name of Jane's husband?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)