|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 437 - 621.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mitchell believes that to Peggy, what purpose did the little girl serve?
(a) A fun playmate.
(b) A sad reminder.
(c) A wake up call.
(d) A nuisance.
2. What kind of business is "The Old House at Home"?
(a) An assisted living home.
(b) A family restaurant.
(c) A sports bar.
(d) A saloon.
3. What trend began to occur in Mohawk Indian marriages as Mitchell noted?
(a) Many Indian men began to search for younger partners.
(b) Many Indians began to marry whites.
(c) Many Indians began to stop all marriages.
(d) Many Indians stopped taking part in marriage.
4. What are calypsos?
(a) Serious songs about romantic love.
(b) Sad songs about death and illness.
(c) Angry songs about bar fights and missed opportunities.
(d) Humorous songs about love and honor.
5. What is the name of the man who guessed Hugh Flood would die soon?
(a) Mr. Mayen.
(b) Mr. Mooney.
(c) Mr. Morrow.
(d) Mr. Margit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bayman Andrews introduces Mitchell to?
2. What was the name of the theater Mazie worked at?
3. What was the name of the man who opened "The Old House at Home"?
4. In "On the Wagon," what did the man need to do to keep his job?
5. What industry was Louis' family in before he moved?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)