|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 371-436.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is "Professor Sea Gull"?
(a) Thomas O'Boyle.
(b) Charles Cassell.
(c) Jane Barnell.
(d) Joe Gould.
2. Which sentence best describes the way Mitchell wrote Hugh Flood as a subject?
(a) He is a very realistic character.
(b) He never existed.
(c) He is an unreal character.
(d) He is a compilation of characters.
3. What is the name of Hugh's close friend?
4. Who is the founder of the Anti-profanity League?
5. At McSorley's, what did the men gather around?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A television.
(c) A pool table.
(d) A fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main "character" in the story called "The Kind Old Blonde"?
2. What was the name of the man who opened "The Old House at Home"?
3. How much would Dutch typically profit?
4. Which person that Mitchell writes about wears a scarf to hide his or her face?
5. What happened to the money people sent to Mitchell for the "cave dwellers"?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)