|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 371-436.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mitchell call Dockery?
2. What kind of work do the Mohawk Indians tend to leave for?
(a) Odd jobs.
(b) Jobs in the education field.
(c) Servant and maid jobs.
(d) Factory work.
3. What occupation did Jane Barnell have?
(a) Court stenographer.
(b) Worked at The Venice.
(d) Bearded lady at a circus.
4. Which person that Mitchell writes about wears a scarf to hide his or her face?
(c) Joe Gould.
(d) Thomas O'Boyle.
5. What did Commodore do to make a living?
(a) He held an annual ball.
(b) He served food at a cafe.
(c) He owned a business.
(d) He begged on the streets.
Short Answer Questions
1. At McSorley's, what did the men gather around?
2. In which year did Hugh Floor believe he would die?
3. What kind of business is "The Old House at Home"?
4. What was the name of the theater Mazie worked at?
5. What were Joe's father and grandfather?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)