|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 371-436.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Mitchell about the club for deaf people?
(a) John Smith.
(b) Samuel Frankenheim.
(c) Jack Fitzsimmons.
(d) Edgar Sinclair.
2. What kind of work do the Mohawk Indians tend to leave for?
(a) Factory work.
(b) Servant and maid jobs.
(c) Jobs in the education field.
(d) Odd jobs.
3. Who is the main "character" in the story called "The Kind Old Blonde"?
4. What are calypsos?
(a) Sad songs about death and illness.
(b) Serious songs about romantic love.
(c) Angry songs about bar fights and missed opportunities.
(d) Humorous songs about love and honor.
5. What was the term James Hall believed was occurring?
(a) Religious decline.
(b) Christian recoil.
(c) Religious growth spurt.
(d) Christian landslide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Philippa's parents?
2. What is the name of Hugh's close friend?
3. On what street was McSorley's located?
4. What does Mitchell say populated streets at night?
5. What bad thing did Peggy say she did?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)