|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 210 - 324.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was not allowed to enter "The Old House at Home"?
(d) Those with meager incomes.
2. What is the name of the story about Commodore Dutch?
(a) A Wonderous Man.
(b) A Hunting Man.
(c) A Lonely Man.
(d) A Sporting Man.
3. What are calypsos?
(a) Sad songs about death and illness.
(b) Serious songs about romantic love.
(c) Angry songs about bar fights and missed opportunities.
(d) Humorous songs about love and honor.
4. What do Philippa's parents credit for her IQ?
5. Why did the owner of McSorley's change the name?
(a) He knew he was going to pass it down to a family member.
(b) His wife hated the name.
(c) His business wasn't popular with the old name.
(d) He bought a new sign.
Short Answer Questions
1. James Hall's requests mostly came from what kind of person?
2. Why is Mitchell compelled by Jane?
3. How old was Jane when she grew a full beard?
4. What is the name of the person Mitchell talks about in "A Mess of Clams"?
5. What did Charles often sell?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)