|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 210 - 324.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the owner of McSorley's change the name?
(a) His wife hated the name.
(b) His business wasn't popular with the old name.
(c) He knew he was going to pass it down to a family member.
(d) He bought a new sign.
2. How old is Philippa Duke Schuyler?
3. What was the biggest contrast between Bill and his father?
(a) Bill was quiet.
(b) Bill was an alcoholic.
(c) Bill was a good businessman.
(d) Bill was eager to please customers.
4. What are calypsos?
(a) Serious songs about romantic love.
(b) Angry songs about bar fights and missed opportunities.
(c) Sad songs about death and illness.
(d) Humorous songs about love and honor.
5. How did Mazie spend most of her evenings?
(a) Reading about poverty.
(b) Working at the food mission.
(c) Cleaning up the theater.
(d) Walking around the streets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the man who opened "The Old House at Home"?
2. Who is described as the "Old Yankee"?
3. Which adjective best describes the atmosphere of McSorley's?
4. At McSorley's, what did the men gather around?
5. Who is the founder of the Anti-profanity League?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)