|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 210 - 324.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mitchell compelled by Jane?
(a) Her outlook on life.
(b) Her education and skills.
(c) Her appearance.
(d) Her career resume.
2. Who is "Professor Sea Gull"?
(a) Charles Cassell.
(b) Thomas O'Boyle.
(c) Joe Gould.
(d) Jane Barnell.
3. Who was not allowed to enter "The Old House at Home"?
(c) Those with meager incomes.
4. What are calypsos?
(a) Angry songs about bar fights and missed opportunities.
(b) Humorous songs about love and honor.
(c) Serious songs about romantic love.
(d) Sad songs about death and illness.
5. According to Barbee, what kind of person always frequented his business?
(a) Chinese people.
(b) Religious people.
(c) Latin American people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what circumstance would Mazie give the poor a ticket for free?
2. Who is "Santa Clause Smith"?
3. What is peculiar about Philippa's family's diet?
4. What is the name of the person Mitchell talks about in "A Mess of Clams"?
5. How many notebooks did Joe have written?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)