|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 106 - 209.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was not allowed to enter "The Old House at Home"?
(d) Those with meager incomes.
2. Who is described as the "Old Yankee"?
(a) John McSorley.
(b) Mazie Gordon.
(c) Daniel O'Connell.
(d) Charles Cassell.
3. For what reason did Bill often close his business early?
(a) He was tempted to drink alcohol.
(b) He got tired.
(c) His wife made him come early for dinner.
(d) He had to work at another business.
4. How old is Philippa Duke Schuyler?
5. When was "The Old House at Home" opened?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mazie spend most of her evenings?
2. Who is "Professor Sea Gull"?
3. At McSorley's, what did the men gather around?
4. What is the name of the story about Commodore Dutch?
5. Why did the owner of McSorley's change the name?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)