|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 106 - 209.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the names of Mazie's sisters?
(a) Rory and Jillian.
(b) Rosie and Jeanie.
(c) Rosa and Jordan.
(d) Romy and Jenny.
2. Why did Jane decide not to shave her face?
(a) She was not ashamed of her beard.
(b) She found it to be unfeminist.
(c) She thought her beard made her more attractive.
(d) She accepted herself.
3. What was the biggest contrast between Bill and his father?
(a) Bill was quiet.
(b) Bill was eager to please customers.
(c) Bill was a good businessman.
(d) Bill was an alcoholic.
4. Joe said that the animals in the streets were "aching souls" of what type of person?
(d) Old people.
5. What did the "Old Yankee" run?
(a) A record store.
(b) A bank.
(c) A museum.
(d) A fishing bait shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was James Jefferson Davis Hall's occupation?
2. At McSorley's, what did the men gather around?
3. Who did Daniel leave his business to when he died?
4. What were Joe's father and grandfather?
5. Under what circumstance would Mazie give the poor a ticket for free?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)