|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 56 - 105.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was not allowed to enter "The Old House at Home"?
(b) Those with meager incomes.
2. Why did Jane decide not to shave her face?
(a) She was not ashamed of her beard.
(b) She thought her beard made her more attractive.
(c) She accepted herself.
(d) She found it to be unfeminist.
3. In "Spism and Spasm," what did the main character become?
(a) A bum.
(b) A writer.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A street preacher.
4. Who is "Professor Sea Gull"?
(a) Charles Cassell.
(b) Jane Barnell.
(c) Thomas O'Boyle.
(d) Joe Gould.
5. For what reason did Bill often close his business early?
(a) He had to work at another business.
(b) He was tempted to drink alcohol.
(c) His wife made him come early for dinner.
(d) He got tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "The Old House at Home" opened?
2. What did the "Old Yankee" run?
3. How many notebooks did Joe have written?
4. What is the name of Jane's husband?
5. What would James Hall do to preach?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)