|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 56 - 105.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason did Bill often close his business early?
(a) He was tempted to drink alcohol.
(b) He got tired.
(c) His wife made him come early for dinner.
(d) He had to work at another business.
2. What occupation does Jane dream of having?
3. At McSorley's, what did the men gather around?
(a) A pool table.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A fire.
(d) A television.
4. What is the title of the book Joe is writing?
(a) A Brief History of the World.
(b) An Examination of History.
(c) An Oral History of Our Time.
(d) An Expansive History of Earth.
5. What was the name of the man who opened "The Old House at Home"?
(a) William Ames.
(b) John McSorley.
(c) Bill McSorley.
(d) Joe Gould.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mazie spend most of her evenings?
2. On what street was McSorley's located?
3. What did James Hall believe that he was doing?
4. Why did the owner of McSorley's change the name?
5. James Hall's requests mostly came from what kind of person?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)