|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 56 - 105.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the "Old Yankee" run?
(a) A museum.
(b) A fishing bait shop.
(c) A record store.
(d) A bank.
2. Which adjective best describes the atmosphere of McSorley's?
3. Why is Mitchell compelled by Jane?
(a) Her career resume.
(b) Her outlook on life.
(c) Her education and skills.
(d) Her appearance.
4. What was the name of the man who opened "The Old House at Home"?
(a) Joe Gould.
(b) Bill McSorley.
(c) John McSorley.
(d) William Ames.
5. At McSorley's, what did the men gather around?
(a) A pool table.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A television.
(d) A fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Daniel O'Connell's profession before he retired?
2. What were the names of Mazie's sisters?
3. For what reason did Bill often close his business early?
4. What did James Hall believe that he was doing?
5. What is the name of Jane's husband?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)