|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 56 - 105.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the book Joe is writing?
(a) An Oral History of Our Time.
(b) An Examination of History.
(c) An Expansive History of Earth.
(d) A Brief History of the World.
2. What would James Hall do to preach?
(a) Show up at random homes.
(b) Stand outside churches of other faiths to preach.
(c) Preach on the bus.
(d) Get phone numbers.
3. Why did Jane decide not to shave her face?
(a) She was not ashamed of her beard.
(b) She thought her beard made her more attractive.
(c) She found it to be unfeminist.
(d) She accepted herself.
4. What was the name of the theater Mazie worked at?
(a) The Valentino.
(b) The Venice.
(c) The Venetian.
(d) The Verona.
5. What was Daniel O'Connell's profession before he retired?
(b) Postal worker.
(c) Business owner.
(d) Police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mitchell claims to have often helped his father do which activity?
2. Why did the owner of McSorley's change the name?
3. Who did Mazie cite as being helpful?
4. What were Joe's father and grandfather?
5. What was the biggest contrast between Bill and his father?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)