|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 56 - 105.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the man who opened "The Old House at Home"?
(a) William Ames.
(b) John McSorley.
(c) Bill McSorley.
(d) Joe Gould.
2. What was the name of the theater Mazie worked at?
(a) The Valentino.
(b) The Venetian.
(c) The Verona.
(d) The Venice.
3. In "Spism and Spasm," what did the main character become?
(a) A writer.
(b) A bum.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A street preacher.
4. Who is "Professor Sea Gull"?
(a) Jane Barnell.
(b) Thomas O'Boyle.
(c) Joe Gould.
(d) Charles Cassell.
5. Who was not allowed to enter "The Old House at Home"?
(c) Those with meager incomes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which adjective best describes the atmosphere of McSorley's?
2. Mitchell claims to have often helped his father do which activity?
3. What kind of business is "The Old House at Home"?
4. Who is described as the "Old Yankee"?
5. How many notebooks did Joe have written?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)