|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 56 - 105.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which person that Mitchell writes about wears a scarf to hide his or her face?
(a) Joe Gould.
(b) Thomas O'Boyle.
2. How many mummies did Charles claim to have owned?
3. How did Jane's mother feel about her?
(a) She abandoned her to run away.
(b) She was scared of her.
(c) She loved her.
(d) She never gave her opinion on the matter.
4. For what reason did Bill often close his business early?
(a) His wife made him come early for dinner.
(b) He got tired.
(c) He was tempted to drink alcohol.
(d) He had to work at another business.
5. Why did the owner of McSorley's change the name?
(a) He bought a new sign.
(b) His wife hated the name.
(c) His business wasn't popular with the old name.
(d) He knew he was going to pass it down to a family member.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was James Jefferson Davis Hall's occupation?
2. Why did Jane decide not to shave her face?
3. What did the "Old Yankee" run?
4. What is the title of the book Joe is writing?
5. On what street was McSorley's located?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)