|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 56 - 105.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what circumstance would Mazie give the poor a ticket for free?
(a) They would buy her food.
(b) They would run errands.
(c) They stopped living in front of the theater.
(d) They cleaned up.
2. Why did the owner of McSorley's change the name?
(a) He knew he was going to pass it down to a family member.
(b) His business wasn't popular with the old name.
(c) He bought a new sign.
(d) His wife hated the name.
3. What does Mitchell say populated streets at night?
4. At McSorley's, what did the men gather around?
(a) A fire.
(b) A pool table.
(c) A television.
(d) A mirror.
5. What was Daniel O'Connell's profession before he retired?
(a) Postal worker.
(c) Business owner.
(d) Police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jane's mother feel about her?
2. What did the "Old Yankee" run?
3. What was the term James Hall believed was occurring?
4. What were the names of Mazie's sisters?
5. What was the biggest contrast between Bill and his father?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)