|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 56 - 105.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the term James Hall believed was occurring?
(a) Christian recoil.
(b) Christian landslide.
(c) Religious growth spurt.
(d) Religious decline.
2. What was Daniel O'Connell's profession before he retired?
(b) Postal worker.
(c) Police officer.
(d) Business owner.
3. How did Jane's father feel about her?
(a) He was ashamed and kept her locked away.
(b) He loved her.
(c) He refused to ever get to know his daughter.
(d) He was embarrassed of her.
4. Under what circumstance would Mazie give the poor a ticket for free?
(a) They stopped living in front of the theater.
(b) They would buy her food.
(c) They cleaned up.
(d) They would run errands.
5. Why did Jane decide not to shave her face?
(a) She found it to be unfeminist.
(b) She thought her beard made her more attractive.
(c) She was not ashamed of her beard.
(d) She accepted herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which person that Mitchell writes about wears a scarf to hide his or her face?
2. Why did the owner of McSorley's change the name?
3. What last name did Mazie choose?
4. How did Jane's mother feel about her?
5. When was "The Old House at Home" opened?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)