Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 56 - 105.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation did Jane Barnell have?
(b) Court stenographer.
(c) Worked at The Venice.
(d) Bearded lady at a circus.
2. What was the name of the man who opened "The Old House at Home"?
(a) John McSorley.
(b) Joe Gould.
(c) Bill McSorley.
(d) William Ames.
3. What did James Hall believe that he was doing?
(a) Increasing education.
(b) Hurting people.
(c) Helping people.
(d) Contributing to society's downfall.
4. What were Joe's father and grandfather?
5. When was "The Old House at Home" opened?
Short Answer Questions
1. Joe said that the animals in the streets were "aching souls" of what type of person?
2. Who was not allowed to enter "The Old House at Home"?
3. Which person that Mitchell writes about wears a scarf to hide his or her face?
4. What would James Hall do to preach?
5. What does Mitchell say populated streets at night?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)