|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 437 - 621.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the biggest contrast between Bill and his father?
(a) Bill was quiet.
(b) Bill was an alcoholic.
(c) Bill was eager to please customers.
(d) Bill was a good businessman.
2. How does Mitchell remain out of the loop in Peggy's story?
(a) He never asks Peggy her real name.
(b) He never knows what she says to the girl the second time.
(c) He never follows up with Peggy to see what happened to her.
(d) He never asks Peggy if he can publish her story.
3. Why did the owner of McSorley's change the name?
(a) He knew he was going to pass it down to a family member.
(b) He bought a new sign.
(c) His business wasn't popular with the old name.
(d) His wife hated the name.
4. Mitchell claims to have often helped his father do which activity?
(a) Clean abandoned homes.
(b) Shovel snow.
(c) Hunt for deer.
(d) Slaughter cows.
5. Why was it illegal for people to harvest the bay in Andrew's story?
(a) The water was unsafe.
(b) It was polluted.
(c) It was barren.
(d) It was in a strange boundary area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bayman Andrews introduces Mitchell to?
2. Mr. Cusack found men throwing what item into the river one evening?
3. What was the name of the man who opened "The Old House at Home"?
4. According to Barbee, what kind of person always frequented his business?
5. What happened to the money people sent to Mitchell for the "cave dwellers"?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)