|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 437 - 621.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Hugh Flood spend most of his time?
(b) Fish market.
2. What is the name of the dragger captain Mitchell meets?
3. What are calypsos?
(a) Serious songs about romantic love.
(b) Angry songs about bar fights and missed opportunities.
(c) Sad songs about death and illness.
(d) Humorous songs about love and honor.
4. What is peculiar about Philippa's family's diet?
(a) They do not eat any homecooked meals.
(b) They eat only protein.
(c) They do not eat fruit.
(d) They eat only raw food.
5. Which sentence best describes the way Mitchell wrote Hugh Flood as a subject?
(a) He is a very realistic character.
(b) He is a compilation of characters.
(c) He never existed.
(d) He is an unreal character.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Charles often sell?
2. Why did the owner of McSorley's change the name?
3. Why was it illegal for people to harvest the bay in Andrew's story?
4. What trend became apparent for Mohawk Indian religion?
5. Which emotion does Jim feel most?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)