|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 437 - 621.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which person that Mitchell writes about wears a scarf to hide his or her face?
(a) Thomas O'Boyle.
(b) Joe Gould.
2. What is the name of the dragger captain Mitchell meets?
3. For what reason did Bill often close his business early?
(a) His wife made him come early for dinner.
(b) He was tempted to drink alcohol.
(c) He had to work at another business.
(d) He got tired.
4. In "Spism and Spasm," what did the main character become?
(a) A bum.
(b) A writer.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A street preacher.
5. What trend began to occur in Mohawk Indian marriages as Mitchell noted?
(a) Many Indians began to stop all marriages.
(b) Many Indians stopped taking part in marriage.
(c) Many Indians began to marry whites.
(d) Many Indian men began to search for younger partners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the names of Mazie's sisters?
2. What occupation did Jane Barnell have?
3. What kind of business is Madame Visaggi's?
4. How did the "cave dwellers" feel after they read their story?
5. What did Dockery disapprove of?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)