|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 106 - 209.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the theater Mazie worked at?
(a) The Valentino.
(b) The Venetian.
(c) The Venice.
(d) The Verona.
2. Under what circumstance would Mazie give the poor a ticket for free?
(a) They stopped living in front of the theater.
(b) They cleaned up.
(c) They would buy her food.
(d) They would run errands.
3. James Hall's requests mostly came from what kind of person?
(a) Older women.
(b) Angry men.
4. How did Jane's mother feel about her?
(a) She never gave her opinion on the matter.
(b) She abandoned her to run away.
(c) She loved her.
(d) She was scared of her.
5. Why did the owner of McSorley's change the name?
(a) His wife hated the name.
(b) He bought a new sign.
(c) His business wasn't popular with the old name.
(d) He knew he was going to pass it down to a family member.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the "cave dwellers" feel after they read their story?
2. How did Jane's father feel about her?
3. What would James Hall do to preach?
4. How old is Philippa Duke Schuyler?
5. What kind of business is "The Old House at Home"?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)