|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 325 - 370.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason did Bill often close his business early?
(a) He had to work at another business.
(b) His wife made him come early for dinner.
(c) He got tired.
(d) He was tempted to drink alcohol.
2. Who does Mitchell describe as thieves?
(a) Philippa Schuyler's parents.
(b) Cave dwellers.
(c) Joe Gould and people like him.
3. What did Commodore do to make a living?
(a) He begged on the streets.
(b) He owned a business.
(c) He held an annual ball.
(d) He served food at a cafe.
4. What trend began to occur in Mohawk Indian marriages as Mitchell noted?
(a) Many Indians began to stop all marriages.
(b) Many Indian men began to search for younger partners.
(c) Many Indians began to marry whites.
(d) Many Indians stopped taking part in marriage.
5. What is the name of the main person in "On the Wagon"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Daniel O'Connell's profession before he retired?
2. What was James Jefferson Davis Hall's occupation?
3. Which adjective best describes the atmosphere of McSorley's?
4. How did Jane's mother feel about her?
5. How old is Philippa Duke Schuyler?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)