|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 325 - 370.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what street was McSorley's located?
2. Who is "Santa Clause Smith"?
(a) Richard Smith.
(b) Smith Johnson.
(c) Arthur Smith.
(d) John Smith.
3. Which adjective best describes the atmosphere of McSorley's?
4. Who is in love with Peggy?
5. What are calypsos?
(a) Humorous songs about love and honor.
(b) Sad songs about death and illness.
(c) Angry songs about bar fights and missed opportunities.
(d) Serious songs about romantic love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the book Joe is writing?
2. Who is the founder of the Anti-profanity League?
3. What was the name of the man who opened "The Old House at Home"?
4. In "Spism and Spasm," what did the main character become?
5. What is the name of the place in "The Obituary of a Fin Mill"?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)