|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 371-436.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are calypsos?
(a) Angry songs about bar fights and missed opportunities.
(b) Sad songs about death and illness.
(c) Humorous songs about love and honor.
(d) Serious songs about romantic love.
2. Joe said that the animals in the streets were "aching souls" of what type of person?
(c) Old people.
3. What did Mr. Cusack receive as a gift?
4. What did James Hall believe that he was doing?
(a) Helping people.
(b) Contributing to society's downfall.
(c) Increasing education.
(d) Hurting people.
5. What was the term James Hall believed was occurring?
(a) Religious decline.
(b) Religious growth spurt.
(c) Christian recoil.
(d) Christian landslide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trend began to occur in Mohawk Indian marriages as Mitchell noted?
2. Mr. Cusack found men throwing what item into the river one evening?
3. What is the title of the book Joe is writing?
4. Who started Barbee's business?
5. What kind of work do the Mohawk Indians tend to leave for?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)