* McSorley's, originally called The Old House at Home, was opened in 1854. It was a bar that did not admit women.
* Mazie Gordon worked at the theater she and her sisters owned, and she would often give free tickets to the poor if they agreed to clean themselves up.
* Charles Cassell is a man nicknamed "Old Yankee" who runs a museum and sells odds and ends.
Pages 56 - 105
* Joe Gould is a character who is educated and from a successful family, but lives as a bum and rejects possessions.
* Lady Olga, also known as Jane, is a bearded lady at the circus who has led a difficult life since she grew up with a beard.
Pages 106 - 209
* Philippa is a nine-year-old child prodigy in music whose parents claim her high IQ is a result of the family eating only raw foods.
* Commodore Dutch is a man who...
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)